Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/cyan_beans/status/905016900329115649

I really need to invest in a good capacitive screen stylus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Things I want for this patch: Make the .96 accurate again

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Things I want for this patch:

Custom Squelchers
Dark/Light Tetras

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Nintendo add the dualie sloshers

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

dragon enthusiast posted:

Nintendo add the dualie sloshers

Same except tri-brella

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Same except tri-brella

Yeah I'd be down for that

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

things i want from the patch:

- buff the weapons i like
- nerf the weapons i don't like
- add the actual dual squelcher from 1 and not just the dualie squelcher
- bring back echolocator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

- bring back echolocator

Please no

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'll be happy so long as they nerf the Tri-Slosher.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be bummed because it's my favorite weapon and it's not really OP and I don't even see more than like one a match. At higher ranks people know how to deal with it very effectively and it makes for fun matches. I don't want to have to change weapons now...

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
If they don't nuke it into the ground they will probably just raise its ink consumption and increase the amount of time Ink armor takes to generate. If they do that it shouldn't affect you too badly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I literally have no idea how to deal with it given users can just slosh ink vaguely in my general direction from hundreds of miles away and kill me instantly so a nerf would be nice please.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Give me the Squeezer this week so I can buy it use it for a few rounds, go "wow hair trigger weapons really make my right finger tired", and shelve it forever

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What about the tri slosher kills people? I really don't understand, the only part of that kit that is frustrating is the ink armor.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I really like the normal slosher, but haven't fiven the Tri a shot yet. Should I stay away? Will it corrupt me and get me banned for the grievous offense.....of squidbagging?????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

What about the tri slosher kills people? I really don't understand, the only part of that kit that is frustrating is the ink armor.

The ink that comes out of the weapon usually

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nephzinho posted:

It's a weapon that has an extremely fast TTK. The other thing is that the side shots deal full damage, so you don't even need to be aiming right at your target to splat them. No other weapon really does something like that, and it's a lot more consistent in damage than most other weapons. It's pretty much the strongest close range weapon in the game. Burst Bombs synergize extremely well with the weapon, and can even be comboed with it for an even faster splat. That's not even getting into Ink Armor, which thankfully had its cost increased shortly after release.

I don't think it needs a big nerf, but it could do with a small hit to bring it in line with the other weapons. Of course if it does end up being nerfed, I suspect it'll go the way of the Dynamo and no one will use it anymore as a result.

In Training posted:

I'd be bummed because it's my favorite weapon and it's not really OP and I don't even see more than like one a match. At higher ranks people know how to deal with it very effectively and it makes for fun matches. I don't want to have to change weapons now...

Free yourself from the concept of maining, and try new things. The game is a lot more fun that way. Also it helps because certain weapons really do not perform well at all on certain maps.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In Training posted:

The ink that comes out of the weapon usually

If your gun outranges them, just kill them? If your gun doesn't, pressure them back with a sub? If they are throwing ink in your general direction, do not walk towards them?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

If your gun outranges them, just kill them? If your gun doesn't, pressure them back with a sub? If they are throwing ink in your general direction, do not walk towards them?

If you aim high with any of the Sloshers, you've got range that'll compete with most shooters. You're also running theorycrafting against people who have had actual experience against the drat thing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
^^^: Aiming high doesn't add as much range as you think

Is it really any faster than other weapons? It feels like every other weapon, besides other sloshers, splat faster if your in the correct range.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you aim high with any of the Sloshers, you've got range that'll compete with most shooters. You're also running theorycrafting against people who have had actual experience against the drat thing.

There isn't much theorycrafting, whether I'm using a splattershot, dualie squelcher, or even just the base dualies, buckets are at best a free kill and at worst a "waste a few seconds waiting for them to become a free kill by running out of ink, turning around, or walking into shots trying to get me at their max range" (unless they have Ink Armor up, in which case run away or die but that applies to literally everything).

tap my mountain posted:

Is it really any faster than other weapons? It feels like every other weapon, besides other sloshers, splat faster if your in the correct range.

Not really? Splattershots in their sweet spot will delete you before you can spin your camera to them, Blasters of assorted types might kill you slightly slower but you're unable to move during the extra time unless you stacked ink resist.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If they could just not gently caress with the level designs, that would be great. I feel like I never recovered from those in the original Splatoon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of the original Splatoon 1 maps were actually pretty bad though. I can't think of anything in 2 that needs tweaking map wise except for the removal of Moray Towers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's a weapon that has an extremely fast TTK. The other thing is that the side shots deal full damage, so you don't even need to be aiming right at your target to splat them. No other weapon really does something like that, and it's a lot more consistent in damage than most other weapons. It's pretty much the strongest close range weapon in the game. Burst Bombs synergize extremely well with the weapon, and can even be comboed with it for an even faster splat. That's not even getting into Ink Armor, which thankfully had its cost increased shortly after release.

I don't think it needs a big nerf, but it could do with a small hit to bring it in line with the other weapons. Of course if it does end up being nerfed, I suspect it'll go the way of the Dynamo and no one will use it anymore as a result.

Free yourself from the concept of maining, and try new things. The game is a lot more fun that way. Also it helps because certain weapons really do not perform well at all on certain maps.

I feel like the Blaster series is slosher adjacent, especially with their ability to destroy enemies above you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Some of the original Splatoon 1 maps were actually pretty bad though. I can't think of anything in 2 that needs tweaking map wise except for the removal of Moray Towers

Arowana Mall was an unsalvageable trainwreck of a map, and here's hoping it's never seen again. I can't really think of any others, aside from Moray Towers of course, I'd consider outright-bad though.

In Training posted:

I feel like the Blaster series is slosher adjacent, especially with their ability to destroy enemies above you

Slosher's are nasty things once you learn how to use the splatter pattern, because some players just don't expect you to lob Ink up into their face on their nice safe overhang above you. Ditto for the vertical fling on a Roller.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

In Training posted:

Rapid Blaster is far and away the weapon I hate seeing on the other team the most. I really should take a night of turf n' chill to play with it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Arowana Mall was an unsalvageable trainwreck of a map, and here's hoping it's never seen again. I can't really think of any others, aside from Moray Towers of course, I'd consider outright-bad though.

I miss Saltspray so, so much.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
fooled around with the splatling and was able to surprise a few people with the range on it I think

feel completely rusty at this game and I kinda wish there were some people on around my level; almost never see sub-level 10 players like me

I'll keep at it; game continues to be good

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

fooled around with the splatling and was able to surprise a few people with the range on it I think

feel completely rusty at this game and I kinda wish there were some people on around my level; almost never see sub-level 10 players like me

I'll keep at it; game continues to be good

Heavy Splatling on certain maps does crazy amounts of work.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I want another Brella option. And not just the Splat Brella Alt, just another Brella type altogether.

I also want the option to hold the Brella like an actual umbrella when someone uses Tentamissles, it seems so obvious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that I've had a good amount of time with it I think Manta Marina is my fave map. So many routes for Rainmaker, the central pit for Splat Zones is a perfect combination of vertical routes and huge danger zones, and Tower Control is great.

Oh that actually makes me think of one map tweak I would do, which is the track on Tower Control reef. The first checkpoint brings the tower closer to the attacking side's half of he map which is odd, nobody ever really presses the issue on that first checkpoint.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The Tri-Slosher is a great weapon in a game with bad weapons. The balancing team should buff other weapons like the .52 GAL so that it can be an alternative to weapons like the Tri-Slosher. Going up against the Tri-Slosher taught me how to flank, and not charge in like a dumbass.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

Now that I've had a good amount of time with it I think Manta Marina is my fave map. So many routes for Rainmaker, the central pit for Splat Zones is a perfect combination of vertical routes and huge danger zones, and Tower Control is great.

Oh that actually makes me think of one map tweak I would do, which is the track on Tower Control reef. The first checkpoint brings the tower closer to the attacking side's half of he map which is odd, nobody ever really presses the issue on that first checkpoint.

The main beef I have with S2 is that most of the current maps fall into layouts where you get funneled into a large center arena with poorly defined lanes, and have limited incentives to push or flank

I'm probably misremembering but I feel like the ranked versions of the maps modify the layout a lot more than S1 maps did, and just keeping those mods as default would improve a lot of maps

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 5, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Give me the single player version of the maps in multiplayer. I want the pure chaos from the rollium bundles, roll out carpet, and traps

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaubocks posted:

- bring back echolocator

:yeah:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lakbay posted:

Give me the single player version of the maps in multiplayer. I want the pure chaos from the rollium bundles, roll out carpet, and traps

well if the starting maps in splatoon 2 are any indication you're going to be waiting until splatoon 3

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
didn't splatoon 1 kick you if you were idle for like 10 seconds?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

There isn't much theorycrafting, whether I'm using a splattershot, dualie squelcher, or even just the base dualies, buckets are at best a free kill and at worst a "waste a few seconds waiting for them to become a free kill by running out of ink, turning around, or walking into shots trying to get me at their max range" (unless they have Ink Armor up, in which case run away or die but that applies to literally everything).

Not really? Splattershots in their sweet spot will delete you before you can spin your camera to them, Blasters of assorted types might kill you slightly slower but you're unable to move during the extra time unless you stacked ink resist.

Yeah any weapon works great when you got the jump on someone, which is totally what people's problem with the tri slosher being a gently caress you I win button on anything with the same range.

...ugh.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
And you shouldn't be directly engaging someone else in a fight unless you absolutely have to. The best way to get kills is to engage someone else when you have an advantage, such as attacking from an angle they can't easily respond to, or if you have a special ready.

A Tri-Slosher that tries to waltz up to their target is a bad Tri-Slosher.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All the Tri-Slosher really needs is reduced attack speed and either a narrowed attack cone or reduced damage on the left and right shots. Right now, it is simply way too strong; as a Dualies main, it is nothing for me to be outgunned by a Tri, because it outranges me from the front and can straight murder me with vaguely-directioned shots from the side. Hell, even if I get the initial hits off, a Tri-Slosher can usually kill me before my shots kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Direct fire fights happen (ranked big time) and nearly every other weapon that isn't a straight up long range weapon has the same or shorter shots with the added disadvantage of having to you know "aim". I know this cause I can flail about in chaos with the bucket and get someone lol.

The shot pattern changed from the original, the side shots are pushed way up to the tip vs being more in the middle and they are more reliable. I used it in rainmaker all the time to make up for my inability to aim sometimes. It's OP vs what it used to be, simple as that.