Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I dunno about a fourth form for this thread, seems too early in the season. Oh well, I'll still get the figure, belt, and assorted collectables.

Anyway, let's discuss spandex punchmans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's a cool video, all of Snipe's finishers in Ganbarizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUN29IGjJf8

Level 50 shoots a little plane and has Taiga tip his hat. So cool.

The same account has Brave and Lazer too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1H-ut6bNpQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45UTQH1qck

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 5, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

OZC posted:

As are my releases of Wizard, Gaim, Ghost, and Zyuohger, plus half of Ex-Aid, and Amazons S1 as well.

Oh, and the link still points to my old Nyaa profile. New Anidex profile is here: https://anidex.info/user/7041
This is what I get for stealing the list from the old OP.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You still have Ex-aid as being subbed by Over-Time. :goonsay:

Seems kinda rude to Excite if you ask me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Got it. Anything else I missed?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That Over-Time subbed Amazons S2. Also the ? on O-T in Build is unneccesary, they're subbing the series, they subbed episode 1.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There is so much Super Sentai guys

There is so much loving Super Sentai

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Huh, noticed the mention of Railer subs in the new OPs for Kiva (and they're recently updating, so I'm going to look into it). Anyone know how much of an improvement they are? Kiva's a favorite of mine even with the muddy encode and other TV-N issues associated with my current copy.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I feel like a snob for pointing this out, but it's Over-Time, with a hyphen. Like Spider-Man! :goonsay:

Also thanks for not putting any Akibaranger gifs, the expensively cheap one was really depressing to look at

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
You should add that OOOs has the best insert songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_V-0m4H6kM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoArPO727k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUTHU3Fuu1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRihTS9ArFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2K1v3c_kEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNo5AorJiMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a24m9Z6LeY

And this thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ccPhFQECqM

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

PMush Perfect posted:

Just made it even more explicit because seriously, gently caress TVN.

good

PMush Perfect posted:

Huh, apparently XIG finished Super-1 too.

are their subs actually good?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mikeycp posted:

good

are their subs actually good?

I have sat through 57 episodes of their Kamen Rider 1971 subs, and yeah.

They keep some honorifics unfortunately, but that's their biggest sin. All of the monster names are translated to the best of their ability and the translation seems pretty competent on the whole.

Unless their Super-1 subs are just some how way worse, they should be fine.

It's why I'm so disappointed that they took Dyna to TVN because I'm worried TVN is going to infect the scripts with their bullshit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Toku Thread 4: OP Discussion ITT

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Did we ever get one for Burakawani?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Did we ever get one for Burakawani?

If there is one, it should just be the belt Burakawani jingle with the Ra held for a full three minutes.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I gots me a story about TVNihon. Back when my friends and I were starting to watch Kamen Rider I would read the old thread and while the arguments about why TVN is bad were convincing I didn't vicerally feel how bad TVN was.

Well we were watching one of the early episodes of W and after the episode ended some clown at TVN decided as a little omake thing to take a scene where Wakana is coming out from under the dining room table not far from her father (she went in to grab a cat) and they re subbed it to have her dad say "It ain't gonna suck itself." The next five minutes were us loving livid about TVN being disgusting assholes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Akett posted:

So I gots me a story about TVNihon. Back when my friends and I were starting to watch Kamen Rider I would read the old thread and while the arguments about why TVN is bad were convincing I didn't vicerally feel how bad TVN was.

Well we were watching one of the early episodes of W and after the episode ended some clown at TVN decided as a little omake thing to take a scene where Wakana is coming out from under the dining room table not far from her father (she went in to grab a cat) and they re subbed it to have her dad say "It ain't gonna suck itself." The next five minutes were us loving livid about TVN being disgusting assholes.
Wait, really?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait, really?

Yuuup. I kinda wish I could remember the name of the site we were watching it on, but it might not even exist anymore. Might have been watch drama online or it might have been a facebook group thing which stopped being reliable about getting out episodes around the end of Ghost. I do know that when I watched through W on Kissasian like a month ago the episode no longer had that omake, but it is using the TVN subs.

Akett fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

PMush Perfect posted:

Toku Thread 4: OP Discussion ITT

Speaking of, TMS is doing Kamen Rider X, albeit slowly. They're up to 22: https://tms-subs.tumblr.com/

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also this week's Kyuranger, holy moly. Our team proves to be incredibly idiotic, why would you believe the villain telling you you need to really hurt your brainwashed friend?! You're in a Sentai, everything's fixed by really hurting the enemy! Still, I felt super sad for Balance the whole way through, especially when he took his own attack as an act of friendship.

I also care far more about this plot than whatever happened in the past so I'm not happy next ep will focus on that again. I couldn't care less about Tsurugi or his history, while I don't think I could care more about Balance and Naga. They're the best part of this show.

Agreed, mostly. I really liked the episode overall. It may have been dumb of Balance to believe that hurting Naga was the solution, but it got us that wonderful "share the pain" scene. Balance and Naga truly are the best pair in the show.

I like just about everyone though, even if they're not particularly deep spending a few minutes with them every week always cheers me up. I'm definitely more invested in Dark Naga than the past Don Armage, but the ancient broken ship was a cool visual and I am both interested in seeing where it goes and glad that they aren't introducing and resolving the Dark Naga plot in two episodes like I was kind of worried they were. Having to do more than defeat the bad guy to fix Naga is refreshing compared to the breakneak pace up to this point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Fezz posted:

You should add that OOOs has the best insert songs:

OOO's insert songs being sang by Eiji's actor is probably my favorite part of OOO. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So I'm continuing my viewing of Ex-Aid. Up to 23 right now.

Ahahahahahahaha what the hell Maximum Mighty X is so incredibly ridiculous. I'm not even sure what I'm looking at but I love it. :allears:

EDIT: So much for Kuroto being a god. :stare:

On to episode 24!

Vandar fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 5, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I can't believe I only just thought of Toku Thread Level 4: Juju Burkion.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caphi posted:

I can't believe I only just thought of Toku Thread Level 4: Juju Burkion.

I mean I'd appreciate that on a personal level

I don't think anyone else would

Also I want everyone to know- I'm not just stealing descriptions off of Wikis or poo poo.

I'm writing all of these descriptions myself.

Do you know how hard it is to come up with a new way to write "EVIL ORGANIZATION X HAS APPEARED, HERO GROUP Y ARISES TO STOP THEM, SOME TIMES THERE'S Z!"

...or in the Heisei Era of Rider, no one talks to anyone and everyone misunderstands everything

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

There's not a :psyduck: large enough to express how I feel after Episode 24 of Ex-Aid.

...and that's the end of the batch, and I forgot to get downloads on the rest started. Oops.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Yeah it wasn't a serious title pitch. Keep up the good work, though!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Burkion posted:

It's why I'm so disappointed that they took Dyna to TVN because I'm worried TVN is going to infect the scripts with their bullshit.

The person who runs XIG is TVN's translator for Ex-Aid and Timeranger :v:

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Ignis posted:

Well, that explains why their Timeranger subs (I've been wanting to finish that for years, will rewatch when Shout Factory DVDs are out) are rather clear of "-tachi" so far.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ignis posted:

And they're shockingly good.

Keep in mind, I'm one of the ones who rails hardest on TVN because I loving hate that the only way I can watch UltraSeven X is through them and their loving White Noise bullshit, and the mess they made of Nexus and Blade.

So trust me when I say, XIG on their own is fine. The most they leave untranslated is honorifics, and even then nothing super egregious. Actually thinking on it, I don't think XIG even leaves those anymore.

I remember that they were something of a thing in his original Super 1 subs, I'd have to check, but for his Kamen Rider 1971 subs he's translated everything. Even things that, maybe SHOULDN'T have been translated.

He translates every name as best he can, though some of them aren't really meant to be. The big example is IkaDevil, which he translates literally as Squid Devil, when I think the official English name IS supposed to be IkaDevil. But, that's barely an issue. I'm literally checking this as I go.

Yeah, I think the only thing he keeps are 'sans' and I think only in his earlier Super 1 subs. I don't remember any in his Kamen Rider work and can't find any.

If you're worried about XIG, don't be. They're shockingly competent for how out of nowhere they are, and very literal when it comes to names.

It's why I am worried about Dyna because I'm afraid that TVN are going to make them digress into...

gourdcaptain posted:

Well, that explains why their Timeranger subs (I've been wanting to finish that for years, will rewatch when Shout Factory DVDs are out) are rather clear of "-tachi" so far.

That.

If I didn't make it clear, there is ZERO of that nonsense and nary a Nakama to be seen in his solo subs

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Burkion posted:

If you're worried about XIG, don't be. They're shockingly competent for how out of nowhere they are, and very literal when it comes to names.

It's why I am worried about Dyna because I'm afraid that TVN are going to make them digress into...

That.

If I didn't make it clear, there is ZERO of that nonsense and nary a Nakama to be seen in his solo subs
Although if they don't screw it up, he'll benefit from one of the things TV-N does well: keeping all their stuff available. Will make it awkward to go "all TV-N's stuff is rather questionable except these series translated by the other guy."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I welcome a future where TVN doesn't poo poo all over translations and puts out quality work

I don't expect it, but I would welcome it

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Burkion posted:

I welcome a future where TVN doesn't poo poo all over translations and puts out quality work

I don't expect it, but I would welcome it

Maybe in a world beyond takenoko "TVN haters are like the Westboro Baptist Church."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We'll end up talking about Old TVN like some people talk about The War. Grizzled vets from the time before.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm just mad because we did our level best with Gaim's convoluted time travel plot and still got some stuff plumb wrong and felt really bad about it, and Takenoko was shipping completely insane character motivations on a regular basis including one for the main villain that explained the entire theme of the show.

Well, that and "Big Fire Sign."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Say what you will, I still have some genuine fondness for the days of Professor Warren Statesmann.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Say what you will, I still have some genuine fondness for the days of Professor Warren Statesmann.

Anyone who doesn't is just objectively wrong

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Warren Statesman was just the meme. What I do remember was /m/ complaining about "Ornac" for six threads straight.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Best memes are born from mistakes, and Wärren Stätesmän wasn't exactly even hinted at being the madman's real name before he actually showed up. "Ornac" is arguably Woolseyisms, but it's either that or dreaded TN: guridon means acorn, donguri is therefore ornac.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Best memes are born from mistakes, and Wärren Stätesmän wasn't exactly even hinted at being the madman's real name before he actually showed up. "Ornac" is arguably Woolseyisms, but it's either that or dreaded TN: guridon means acorn, donguri is therefore ornac.

I do appreciate OZC's approach with Gaim of just having separate sub tracks with the different translation choices for stuff like that and the Overlord speech. Wish there was a sub like that for Kuuga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I just desperately, desperately need the Build movie to be Build vs. Duke and Genm.