Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Are we actually interested in contesting Terra for control of Saturn? What are we talking about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Scintilla posted:

It's only a win if we can hold onto it. That Terran battlefleet could rip us apart even with our incoming reinforcements. If this universe's Putin is as skilled at realpolitik as he is in real life we could well end up winning the war but losing the peace.

I mean, sure but even if the Titan defense fleet was fully formed and stocked with missiles on undamaged ships we would still have that issue.

We started this war with IC controlled Saturn and Uranus having more ships with better tech than our small fleet and contesting Pluto. We completely reversed that for minimal losses. If Putin rolls over us, then so be it, but he will pay for it afterwards and he knows it.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Well we're in no position to stop them from subjugating Saturn if that's what they have in mind; even at full strength we wouldn't have been up to it. We can just hope that they are satisfied with an independent Saturn now that the harvesters are secure.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

GunnerJ posted:

Are we actually interested in contesting Terra for control of Saturn? What are we talking about here.

We're very much interested in keeping Saturn in friendly hands, because the Terrans are the greatest power in the system already (don't try to deny it, they had the biggest fleet before us and the Corporates started blasting the piss out of each other), they're the only ones with working jump tech (even if we've got an advantage in the medium and long term thanks to what we took from the Pluto Facility, they're ahead at the moment), and we don't want them getting any bigger if we can help it.

Fray posted:

Well we're in no position to stop them from subjugating Saturn if that's what they have in mind; even at full strength we wouldn't have been up to it. We can just hope that they are satisfied with an independent Saturn now that the harvesters are secure.

They've seen what Mars can do to a superior fleet, and hopefully if they get aggressive we can persuade them that adding a rebellious colony isn't worth the butcher's bill.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

GunnerJ posted:

We're not going to take control of Saturn, the TFS is. The fact that it would consider Mars to be its de facto superior in all its decisions is just a...happy bonus. :getin:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Have them become a member state with its military arm incorporated into ours.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I'm proud to have given my life in the defense of Titan for Mother Mars. I hope they get a good actor to play me in the upcoming action flix.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:suspense:

Great job, everyone! Now to hold on to the fruits of our victory Titan's independence.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

frankenfreak posted:

:suspense:

Great job, everyone! Now to hold on to the fruits of our victory Titan's independence.

But not too independent..

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Haha holy poo poo that was incredible. And after killing an entire BC squadron (and every major IC ship rimward of Jupiter except for two damaged CG's) in exchange for a single CLAA and corvette, some people still aren't happy :colbert:

To everyone worried about Earth, we were never gonna be able to stop them from rolling us over if they wanted to, even if we hadn't so much as scratched our paint during First Titan. But 3rd Fleet's gonna be here momentarily, and the Terrans don't want a hot war right now anyways. So just enjoy the incredible victory of a handful of corvettes completely wiping the IC's top of the line, brand new BC squadron, and think of the movie deals.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
This is pretty drat cool. Added myself to the spreadsheet. Apparently, my officer did pretty well in the other LP, so here's to getting eaten by space-sharks.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The Titan Free State will probably be an oil Sorium state for a while, most likely in exchange for port rights so the non-IC factions in the system can protect them from IC predation. That's assuming of course that the IC doesn't break up for whatever reason (either from internal discord or external forces). I'm not sure if a Balkanized Outer Worlds is better, but its one of the more likely outcomes of the last few months. The biggest loss in the Second Battle of Titan, lets be honest, was the TFS shipyards. CLAAs can be replaced, but shipyards take a massive amount of time and resources not to mention the slipways and expansion time. The TFS will be nothing more than a protectorate of the other factions for quite a long time because of that strike.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
:stare: Goddamn, someone grab Marspedia's page for "skin of your teeth" and just replace it with the combat report for the 2nd Battle for Titan, please. A fine win, in both senses of the word!

Let's just hope we can salvage the IC goodies before Terran fleets interfere.

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Paint that Deimos flat black, and form a new 'Razgriz' squadron under him.

Oh yeah, do this at once

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Sorium futures have got to be crashing even further after Earth announced their Jump tech, right? Other stars have gas giants.

Titan isn't that strategically important anymore, it doesn't seem worth antagonizing Earth by pressuring them into union. Just get a good deal on Sorium from them.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

Coffeehitler posted:

The Titan Free State will probably be an oil Sorium state for a while, most likely in exchange for port rights so the non-IC factions in the system can protect them from IC predation.

The IC is dead. The only questions are how long it takes, how much it costs us and what, if anything, the Terran vultures steal from the interplanetary proletariat.

mossyfisk posted:

Sorium futures have got to be crashing even further after Earth announced their Jump tech, right? Other stars have gas giants.

Titan isn't that strategically important anymore, it doesn't seem worth antagonizing Earth by pressuring them into union. Just get a good deal on Sorium from them.

Long term, absolutely. Right now, the only harvesters are around Solar gas giants, and it's going to take a while to build up all the infrastructure and change that. Titan's still important, and sorium futures for the next few years will mostly just be affected by our glorious little war.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Honestly, it seems like Nazi IC super science is the most valuable thing to scrabble for as the war burns out. SB should be smuggling as many researchers out of Jupiter as they can.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Friend Commuter posted:

We're very much interested in keeping Saturn in friendly hands, because the Terrans are the greatest power in the system already (don't try to deny it, they had the biggest fleet before us and the Corporates started blasting the piss out of each other), they're the only ones with working jump tech (even if we've got an advantage in the medium and long term thanks to what we took from the Pluto Facility, they're ahead at the moment), and we don't want them getting any bigger if we can help it.

I'm not talking about what we want. I'm talking about whether trying to stop the monster fleet they're sending in so we can get some of that was ever in the cards. It's nonsense. We can't. We can just hope that their coup plan went off well enough that they are fine with the status quo once the harvesters are up and running again and don't find the potential loss of ships from fighting us to be worth fighting us.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

GunnerJ posted:

I'm not talking about what we want. I'm talking about whether trying to stop the monster fleet they're sending in so we can get some of that was ever in the cards. It's nonsense. We can't. We can just hope that their coup plan went off well enough that they are fine with the status quo once the harvesters are up and running again and don't find the potential loss of ships from fighting us to be worth fighting us.

I know. If they want Titan, they're taking Titan, but if we can bleed them for it and they'd be able to buy Saturnian sorium anyway, hopefully they'll leave off. If we don't at least look like we're ready to fight for it, though, they'll probably just ignore us and conquer it.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

We do need an update on our efforts to de-Terranize the TFS. It's gonna get hairy if Earth arrives and a faction of TFS declares Earth their new strongdaddy. If TFS is firmly in our camp them I don't see Earth trying to occupy Titan. TFS now has a ton of captured IC army gear so subjugating them would be a pain in the rear end. And as far as we've seen there aren't troop transports in the Earth fleet.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

According to a few updates ago, the purges were going well already, and then when we gave the TFS that Einstein they started their own Terran purging parallel to ours. I think they're firmly in our camp by now.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Would someone post the last battle's fire plan? It'd be nice to take a look.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
Can I rename my destroyer? From Clenched Fist to Clenched Butthole? Holy hell, I can't believe I'm alive!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Dirt5o8 posted:

Can I rename my destroyer? From Clenched Fist to Clenched Butthole? Holy hell, I can't believe I'm alive!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

:perfect:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

Question: Are the higher-ranking flag officers in Triton fleet taking command of those shiny new IC ships since they're bigger and beefier than anything the fleet had beforehand? (Naturally this would be after they're properly Martianized with a new paintjob and whatnot).

Speaking of which, we do need new names for those ships.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Hold off getting too attached to your prizes just yet. They are, extremely broken.

(This is after it's repaired a number of components as well.)

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Saros posted:

Hold off getting too attached to your prizes just yet. They are, extremely broken.

I mean, I"m not expecting to transfer to them today. But eventually it'd be amazing if Triton Fleet's new flagship was a repainted and renamed Ford.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Dr. Snark posted:

I mean, I"m not expecting to transfer to them today. But eventually it'd be amazing if Triton Fleet's new flagship was a repainted and renamed Ford.

What, so we rename it the Martian Space Vessel General Motors? :v:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Serpentis posted:

What, so we rename it the Martian Space Vessel General Motors? :v:

...poo poo, now I'm hard-pressed to think of a more hilarious name. That's honestly really great.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If we get any Fords operational we should name at least one after Walter Reuther.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Saros posted:

The BC Some Assembly Required :haw:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
The Ford that refused to die and was single handedly kept afloat by the one engineer should be renamed after that brave man.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

The BC Some Assembly Required :haw:

BC Batteries Not Included

Though we also need names for...lessee...two Koshkins and two Feynmans I believe.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Instead of fixing all those smashed up internals, would it be possible to hollow out some of that space in the BC and put a hangar in there?

Also, could we take some of the lesser ships' hulls and attach them to the BC in a catamaran/trimaran type fashion?

I guess what I'm asking is could we repair all of the broken IC ships, stick them all together into one big super ship and then give it to me?

I'm just brainstorming, there are no bad ideas in brainstorming.

EDIT: We could name the pontoons after brave Martians who died during the battle, i.e. the Colonel Pash Memorial Missile Pontoon.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 5, 2017

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

I guess what I'm asking is could we repair all of the broken IC ships, stick them all together into one big super ship and then give it to me?

Oi! As your equivalent ranking officer I have just as much right to that ship as you.

There is only one way to settle this: the honored art of dibs. Which I have called right now on the biggest ship salvaged. Dibs, no takebacks.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Hey! I think you'll find as the one who came up with the General Motors name I've as much right to that space-hulk-in-the-making as you two! :argh:

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Y'know, this big old pile of hulks would make a pretty good foundation for the Titanian Free Navy, especially since they've got an ex-IC shipyard.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Friend Commuter posted:

Y'know, this big old pile of hulks would make a pretty good foundation for the Titanian Free Navy, especially since they've got an ex-IC shipyard.

That would be the sensible thing to do, admittedly...

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Friend Commuter posted:

I kind of hate how that's a legitimately intelligent idea all things considered.

Is it wrong that I want more ships for Triton Fleet? Cause I think we really deserve to be promoted to a numbered fleet at this point. Maybe we'll become the 5th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Don't they...not have shipyards anymore?

Also we won those in honorable combat, our prizes tyvm. :colbert: