Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rigel posted:

The UFC and Reebok are making a big deal about new fight uniforms for title fights and for all main events, starting this weekend. Looking at the pictures, the difference looks really subtle, couple new colors, some highlights on the right thigh, but thats it. They are also going to have customized Reebok walkout t-shirts, I guess.

Two more rounds of revisions and Reebok will have the fight gear caught up with 1997. Somehow this whole process looks a lot like post-apocalyptic scavengers trying to recover the knowledge of a lost golden age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rigel posted:

The UFC and Reebok are making a big deal about new fight uniforms for title fights and for all main events, starting this weekend. Looking at the pictures, the difference looks really subtle, couple new colors, some highlights on the right thigh, but thats it. They are also going to have customized Reebok walkout t-shirts, I guess.

Can't wait for all the mistakes they will make again.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

Two more rounds of revisions and Reebok will have the fight gear caught up with 1997. Somehow this whole process looks a lot like post-apocalyptic scavengers trying to recover the knowledge of a lost golden age.

Max Holloway carried an injured Dominick Cruz away from the wrecked truck full of Condom Depot and Dynamic Fastener gear, only to find it was hauling crate after crate of Giblert Melendez jerseys.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
hahaha I still lol at Giblert. No ones called Giblert.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Nierbo posted:

hahaha I still lol at Giblert. No ones called Giblert.

my son's name is Giblert

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I am Otis posted:

my son's name is Giblert

Do you work at Reebok?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
my son is also named giblert

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

FishBowlRobot posted:

Do you work at Reebok?

no, why do you ask, fishbulb?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

[staring misty eyed at the horizon] condoms used to roam here...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So they just added a faded layer of coloring towards the edges of the shorts?

That is their big update?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.ufcstore.com/Demetrious_Johnson_Gear/Mens_Reebok_Demetrious_Johnson_Black_UFC_215_Legacy_Series_Jersey

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:downsbravo:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Amazing. Maybe next year they'll get to the level of No Fear or Big Dogs shirts.

mewse
May 2, 2006

quote:

Demetrious Johnson Black

Or is he???

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, technically

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They probably couldn't put Mighty Mouse on the shirt due to it still being an actively trademarked intellectual property.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 5, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Le Saboteur posted:

They probably couldn't put Mighty Mouse on the shirt due to it still being an actively trademarked intellectual property.

Mighty Mouse the cartoon mouse may be, but Mighty Mouse Johnson is a distinct personality and can use that freely. Apple and CBS (current holder of MM IP) already lost a court case over trying to claim exclusive rights to "mighty mouse" outside of the cartoon itself.

This is just reebok being horrible at their jobs yet again.

Edit: For a quick bit of clarification, Apple used to sell a "mighty mouse" and had a license from CBS to use the name. Another computer company had been using a computer peripheral for years prior called a mighty mouse, sued, and won because it had exclusive use to mighty mouse in the computer device world. Similarly, DMMJ is a distinct and discernible entity from a cartoon mouse. Reebok could put DMMJ on a UFC jersey all day long and there isn't a thing CBS could really do to stop it. Now, if they put MM the cartoon mouse on a UFC jersey, they could be stopped from using the IP.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 5, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I agree man

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Wrong thread lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mighty Mouse the cartoon mouse may be, but Mighty Mouse Johnson is a distinct personality and can use that freely. Apple and CBS (current holder of MM IP) already lost a court case over trying to claim exclusive rights to "mighty mouse" outside of the cartoon itself.

This is just reebok being horrible at their jobs yet again.

That suit was another company with a mouse called "Mighty Mouse" suing Apple. And in court documents it showed Apple licensed the use of the Mighty Mouse name from CBS. https://www.law360.com/ip/articles/57079/apple-cbs-sued-over-mighty-mouse-trademark

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mighty Johnson is a better nickname and a better t shirt. Case dismissed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Le Saboteur posted:

That suit was another company with a mouse called "Mighty Mouse" suing Apple. And in court documents it showed Apple licensed the use of the Mighty Mouse name from CBS. https://www.law360.com/ip/articles/57079/apple-cbs-sued-over-mighty-mouse-trademark

I know. That's why I said Apple & CBS lost the case. CBS does not have exclusive use to the words "Mighty Mouse" is the point I was making.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Steele Johnson is still the best name ever but mighty johnson is close.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You a big fan of boys diving ?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Skip My Posts posted:

im a fan of fighters diving

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Look at these loving things: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/5/16254838/reebok-introduces-next-wave-of-ufc-gear-including-ufc-legacy-series

Interesting choice, adding jizz stains to all the fighter outfits.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Available only in XXXS and XXS.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
imagine being a person who wants a ray borg shirt

Or the graphic designer who photoshopped a front facing logo on an angled T-shirt shot.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Skip My Posts posted:

Depends on their Johnson.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Frankly I feel that shirt is too good for ray bort

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1. UFC needs to promote Mighty Mouse
2. The UFC has changed Mighty mouses nickname to Powerful Dick Man, making him infinitely more cooler
1. No that's bad they need to retweet him or something

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

wooger posted:

Look at these loving things: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/9/5/16254838/reebok-introduces-next-wave-of-ufc-gear-including-ufc-legacy-series

Interesting choice, adding jizz stains to all the fighter outfits.

Good news for the fighters, if they cum mid-match now the referee won't be able to tell and disqualify them.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
No one's been disqualified for making GBS threads their shorts yet so I think cumming is totally fair game

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I cum during all my fights and it just makes people praise my warrior spirit more. Sorry guys. Cum happens.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hearty congratulations to Reebok for mastering the ability to make fight gear that is not a solid colour.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
glad to see DJ joining the prestigious ranks of nicknames like Lavar "Big" Johnson and Jone "Ample" Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

attackmole posted:

imagine being a person who wants a ray borg shirt

Or the graphic designer who photoshopped a front facing logo on an angled T-shirt shot.

TAZMEXICAN DE VIL THE

• Locked thread