Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I dunno what brought it on like most sudden flare ups in Splatoon 2 postings but the large amount of positive trans-people posts I'm suddenly seeing makes me happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I find the dualies are a pretty good counter to chargers, it's pretty easy to just dodge out of the way when they aim at you.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Idk if it was the brella or the charger (it was the charger) but salmon run today suuuucked

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I dunno what brought it on like most sudden flare ups in Splatoon 2 postings but the large amount of positive trans-people posts I'm suddenly seeing makes me happy

I see more posts about people mad about trans posts than I see trans posts themselves.
Apparently furries and bronies are a-ok, but THIS is crossing the line

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Mod edit: goatse was here.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 6, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well that sure is a banme out of nowhere

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

raditts posted:

I see more posts about people mad about trans posts than I see trans posts themselves.

We don't care about what it is you are/enjoy, just keep it to yourself unless it's on topic.
For example, two posts up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was also rafts of people complaining about furry and bronies and lgbt posts. The only thing people like in inkopolis is spongebob memes and splatfest posts

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Gorp posted:

We don't care about what it is you are/enjoy, just keep it to yourself unless it's on topic.
For example, two posts up.

Nice white noise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Don't quote goatse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Show me the correlation between trislosher users and people who chose invisibility.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i want th patch to be buffs only, no nerfs. there isnt anything unfair in the game right now and its way more fun to make bad weapons viable thn make all the good ones lovely

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Fungah! posted:

i want th patch to be buffs only, no nerfs. there isnt anything unfair in the game right now and its way more fun to make bad weapons viable thn make all the good ones lovely

That's not how weapon balance works.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

They aren't; the splat chargers and squifer are fine for all modes, the E-Liter is weaker now that you're forced to sit through the whole charge time to 1HKO and it no longer has it's get out of jail free special, however the goo tuber is still trash.

Which modes are bad for the scoped chargers?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

A good/ deserved nerf doesn't mean making a weapon lovely why do people still think this

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

Hello old friend

Might not want to quote goatse there, fellow squid

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm lumping the scoped chargers in with the splat chargers as far as "usability" goes, which version you use comes down to if you'd rather have a little more range or the ability to store your charge.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zelder posted:

A good/ deserved nerf doesn't mean making a weapon lovely why do people still think this

cause the weapon being OP is what makes it fun

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raditts posted:

Yeah, those posts I report. "GO BACK TO TUMBLR" got a report from me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
As someone who uses close range weapons exclusively the trislosher is insanely annoying because it always outranges while always killing just as fast, and in some cases faster. Also since the projectile splits they don't even have to aim it well.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 6, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

cause the weapon being OP is what makes it fun

Actually it's fun because you kill people with a bucket

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I was serious about Brella tips before but got no serious answers. Anyone have anything? I’m trying the obvious "you’re outranged by everything so don’t engage straight on", but I feel like I’m missing something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting good at using the brella to get people to waste shots seems pretty useful. It's probably a good idea to stick with another person on your team, I think. You can be a useful impromptu distraction

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

I was serious about Brella tips before but got no serious answers. Anyone have anything? I’m trying the obvious "you’re outranged by everything so don’t engage straight on", but I feel like I’m missing something.

I barely have spent time with it so I don't feel qualified; but I have observed a few general things. Its range isn't so bad, and like most weapons, you usually want to be engaging targets near the max end of it. Always be using your sub and special to distract or slow down targets for easier ganks - also like everything else, better to wait until they're looking the other way or have some ink on them. Enemies have a reactive tendency to aim for your shield when deployed, so if you're backing up a buddy in a firefight look to pop it out for the partial cover and to draw that aggro - your teammate should clean up.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Shield people who squid jump to you, you're a support and your job is to give your team turf advantage. Use that sprinkler at every drat opportunity. The Brella has a weird shot pattern that makes it hard to reliably get kills with it so I advice not chasing those.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope there's a brella with cooler subs, I'm really bad at utilizing the sprinkler well. It uses so much ink!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I'm probably playing it completely wrong, but the Brella feels super mobile to me. Kind of like a slosher, I'll toss down ink straight in front of me, swim to the end and rinse/repeat. Feels like I never run out of ink and am constantly on the move. Shield when you're approached, and get the hell out of fights. Inkstorm toward your teammates to help them gain ground.

I guess I play it as more of an annoyer. Also shield your superjumping teammates all the time.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Farewell dragon enthusiast

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

In Training posted:

It's probably a good idea to stick with another person on your team, I think. You can be a useful impromptu distraction

Meant to add that I just started to catch on to this too, noticed I had more success with a buddy than all alone.

Thanks y’all.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Post yer GrizzCo stats.

Internet Kraken posted:

Post yer GrizzCo stats.
finished my shift and can now do it.

Sheesh, I thought i played a lot but my stats in everything barely reach even half of what most people got.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

Given the general tone of some of them, I think it's probably more against the recent multiple waves of :bandwagon: art post rushes in general as all three communities are probably coming from tumblr.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Salmon Run. No peripheral vision means you're missing the Maw at your feet or the Small Fry/Chum/Cohawks barreling down from the flank.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Salmon Run. No peripheral vision means you're missing the Maw at your feet or the Small Fry/Chum/Cohawks barreling down from the flank.

I actually agree here. You don't need a scope for predictable AI.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I actually agree here. You don't need a scope for predictable AI.

It's also that it forces you into the scope rather than being a toggle like other games with scoped weapons.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

raditts posted:

there's always a few "2 genders" people, but a lot of them just sound tired of hearing about it, since this is like the third time the trans posting has come up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Stop taking the Rainmaker to the ink rail at the start of Humpback Pumptrack. Why do people keep doing this? it pretty much guarantees a very fast loss if the enemy cuts you off. It's one of the riskiest routes to take unless the entire enemy team is dead.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Stop taking the Rainmaker to the ink rail at the start of Humpback Pumptrack. Why do people keep doing this? it pretty much guarantees a very fast loss if the enemy cuts you off. It's one of the riskiest routes to take unless the entire enemy team is dead.

Whats more amazing is the people who still take it to the the ink rail at the bottom in moray towers, see me standing at the other end, aiming at it with a sloshing machine , and go "Eh, I can still make it".
They don't.
Appreciate the free kills though.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have honestly avoided Towers since about Day 2 of the game. My life is so much better for it.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

pokeyman posted:

Detaching the shield and running behind it on grates and uninkable terrain is a pretty effective way of breaking through a chokepoint. You can also use the brella to shield splash damage, which is pretty useful when spam starts getting launched your way.

One thing that I like is that the brella is pretty good for checkpoints in Tower Control, as the shield blocks a lot of the spam that the other team tends to launch on the tower.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

As someone who uses close range weapons exclusively the trislosher is insanely annoying because it always outranges while always killing just as fast, and in some cases faster. Also since the projectile splits they don't even have to aim it well.

This is the main reason why I want to see a slight nerd to tri-slosher. Not because it's super OP, but because it's just strong enough to make almost every other close-range weapon obsolete. You don't need to aim with it all that well, it kills very fast, it has a very strong special, and it has a pretty good sub weapon. If you're good with any other close-range weapon, you'll probably do better with the tri-slosher. The only other close range weapon that really comes close is the octo brush, but that has a more difficult to use special ability so the argument could be made to just stick with ink armor. Any other relatively powerful close-range weapon like the Sploosh-o-matic, dapple dualies, or Luna blaster have the flaw that they have a longer time to kill, require more aim, or have less effective sub+special combinations. If you can get a huge kill streak with one of those, chances are you'd be able to accomplish the same with a tri-slosher with less effort and with better sub+special options.

It isn't really ridiculously strong, it just needs more of a downside than "short-ranged" because that downside exists for a lot of guns. If it had damage fall off for the sides, and maybe for distance, then it would make a huge difference because you'd need to be able to aim to really make it work. Or if it did less damage / slower rate of fire so it had a longer time to kill to offset the lack of aim that's really required.

pokeyman posted:

As other people have said, your shield is real good. I've noticed that people seem to forget that it deals damage on-hit, so you can deploy it and walk towards them threateningly. If the enemy backs off or stops shooting you when you have it up, just start shooting them! Or take the opportunity to escape with your life.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
NO BRAIN
NO AIM
MUST BE A BUCKET MAIN

:byodood:

Tengames posted:

finished my shift and can now do it.

Sheesh, I thought i played a lot but my stats in everything barely reach even half of what most people got.

I've gotten to at least 1200 in almost every single GrizzCo shift since launch. I definitely spend more time there than in any other part of Splatoon. Its so much fun.