Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hahahahhaha. gently caress you, Enzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Surely Enzo is turning heel. That match ruled though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Surely Enzo is turning heel. That match ruled though.

It was pretty great, all things considered.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Sami sets up a mobile clinic in Syria then gets buried.

Hmm

corbin calls out some bunk science cte denier and corbin, well, he's doin somethin

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

corbin calls out some bunk science cte denier and corbin, well, he's doin somethin

Yeah uh, it turns out Corbin's ideas on that were just as dumb.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Give Corbin an Amazing Randi gimmick. A deeply intellectual but sensitive gay old man

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
has there been a more thoroughly unlikeable WWE wrestler in the past decade than Dolph Ziggler

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When did JBL retire?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah uh, it turns out Corbin's ideas on that were just as dumb.

Wait really? What'd he say?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dolph Ziggler wasn't always terrible, but then he got buried so hard he popped out of the other side of the Earth as his own evil twin who makes everything poo poo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dolph Ziggler is the worst wrestler of all time

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

has there been a more thoroughly unlikeable WWE wrestler in the past decade than Dolph Ziggler

Jinder Mahal is trying his darndest.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

When did JBL retire?

2009. So, the answer to that question is, "Yes."

Nipponophile posted:

Jinder Mahal is trying his darndest.

For his many flaws as a wrestler, he seems to be a not terrible person.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 6, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait really? What'd he say?

Apparently it's more like he thinks CTE is caused by helmets.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aphrodite posted:

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Bah gawd! That's Brian Burke's music!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Holy loving poo poo. My begrudging respect lessens. Though admittedly I think helmets do cause guys to launch harder if that's what he means.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy loving poo poo. My begrudging respect lessens. Though admittedly I think helmets do cause guys to launch harder if that's what he means.

Apparently as Maroon was trying to downplay the prevalence of CTE, Corbin pointed out that that there's no avoiding head trauma in a sport where players are frequently slamming their helmets into each other.

That's not a dumb argument; he's right, subconcussive impacts cause CTE, and helmets encourage players to use their heads in a way they shouldn't.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah he wasn't saying that helmets cause CTE, he was saying that they can't prevent it entirely.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah he wasn't saying that helmets cause CTE, he was saying that they can't prevent it entirely.

Well in that case he's right but if we go too far down that road we rapidly approach "ban all contact sports" territory.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I gotta say I'm so glad that Carmella and The Hog are still teamed up. They're booked so loving stupidly in the best, most entertaining way and I'm still floored at how good Ellsworth is at not getting fired.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

tweet my meat posted:

I gotta say I'm so glad that Carmella and The Hog are still teamed up. They're booked so loving stupidly in the best, most entertaining way and I'm still floored at how good Ellsworth is at not getting fired.

Ellsworth is legit a better talker and heel than a good portion of the roster.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

put the strap on the big hog

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Disappointed Dad Bryan is the best

I still love Dolph Ziggler and none of you can stop me :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

From what I read he thinks that because all but one of the former NFL player brains that was donated for study had CTE then that's how common it is among former players. However it's a self selecting process. You're far more likely to donate the brain when you/your family member has had symptoms. But on the other hand the doctor he argued with was the very same one who helped the NFL hide the seriousness of concussions

In a way helmets make concussions more likely because you can launch yourself with mostly wild abandon. It cushions the impact, your head stops, but your brain keeps going and impacts the inside of your skull

Well that's my story

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Bring back bare knuckle boxing

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
We just need to invent steroids for heads.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. That was a really good Smackdown! Really good!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

From what I read he thinks that because all but one of the former NFL player brains that was donated for study had CTE then that's how common it is among former players. However it's a self selecting process. You're far more likely to donate the brain when you/your family member has had symptoms. But on the other hand the doctor he argued with was the very same one who helped the NFL hide the seriousness of concussions

In a way helmets make concussions more likely because you can launch yourself with mostly wild abandon. It cushions the impact, your head stops, but your brain keeps going and impacts the inside of your skull

Well that's my story

It's the same as boxing right? It was way safer bare knuckle, as people didn't get punched in the head as much or as hard cos it really hurt. Now you can just wail on people's skulls with padded weights strapped to your hands.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Did they give ziggler a meltdown gimmick

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/905256120960393217

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
At this point my distaste for Dolph Ziggler is so strong that the only way suffering through his promos will be worth it is if he gets power bombed into a platter of dog poop and never seen again

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP. That was a really good Smackdown! Really good!

Smackdown was bad because they did my boy Sami wrong. I should expect it at this point, but that doesn't stop it from hurting.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Intruder posted:

Well that's my story

Yes, and if it's correct that basically every NFL player has CTE, it doesn't tell us much because clearly for some (a big majority) it causes little if any symptoms.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What are the plans for Ellsworth now post breakup with Carmella?

Will they dump him? Will he try and win her back by keeping trying to interfere in her matches? Will it all have been a ruse?

I hope he keeps getting that WWE money, and if they dump him I hope his indie fee has gone up at least 100%

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sd sounds really good, ziggler segment sounds cool it was cool on tv?
Carmella is a toxic and manipulative woman. Ellsworth should love himself a little more and leave her. That road is filled with doubts, abuse, regret and alcohol.

Next week im going to watch to see Mr. Mcmahon, i love that old bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uc3V8NxKWw

PD:

Midnightghoul posted:

gently caress off Sami trying to go into business for himself using the WWE name for his Syria charity

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

When I said WWE should treat the cruiserweight division more like Dragon Gate I was talkin about ring style, not inexplicably refusing to push Tozawa.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Important question: Did Corey Graves scream "KIIIINSHAASAAAA" when Nakamura hit it?

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Busted it actually...big dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You were looking at my halls, for you are gay

• Locked thread