Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Who still buys soy milk, what is this 2002?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
when i hear the word soy i think about Martin buying soy futures on the simpsons. :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

i like Kirkland american cheese singles. :ninja:

Great for burgs.

Same they are insanely good.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I bought a huge box of Audubon bird seed to sate our songbird flock outside, in the ash rain. And a huge, equivalently large bag of Popcornopolis Kettle Corn for $5 which I have placed out for people who, like nuthatches and chickadees, will flit back and forth for hours for some of it. It's good!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

*preparing my stir fry, looking directly at 5-pound bag of Normandy veggies*

*in extremely Sean Connery voice*: welcome to the wok

I cracked a huge banana grin when I thought of this during my last Costco trip and I am devastated that the joke didn't land.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

RJWaters2 posted:

Organic unsweetened vanilla almond beverage by the 3-gallon, thank you

My man. This smart shopper knows the real deal!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I cracked a huge banana grin when I thought of this during my last Costco trip and I am devastated that the joke didn't land.

I respected it, perhaps even had a slight grin. PBUC!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You guys ever see Costco out of croissants? I have. It is something I'd rather not relive.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KakerMix posted:

You guys ever see Costco out of croissants? I have. It is something I'd rather not relive.

Yeah, ours will often run out, especially if you go later in the day--consistently so when they had the $1 off going on.

Anyways went today, wasn't too bad. Picked up some more nicer pants, flannel shirts and these weatherproof-brand shirts, along with bunch of carbonated water, cheeses, the black-box ramen 8-pack, normady, romaine and spinach, ziplock and few other odds and ends.

Worst thing was they were out of the Kirkland Paper Towels and I had to buy these garbage brawny ones. They suck :mad:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 6, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KakerMix posted:

Aint nothing compared to a chicken run, mang

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

canoshiz posted:

I don't think all Costcos break their ribeyes down that way. I've gotten them a few times and they're great but I think I personally prefer a complete ribeye steak with the eye intact... which my Costco stopped stocking in favor of splitting the cap and the eye :(

Gotta buy one of those huge fuckoff bone-in ribeye steaks or the full ribeye roast now for a complete ribeye steak.

But it's rib eye cap. The God of Meat. The One True Cut. that's why Costco cuts it that way, because Costco knows whats up as always.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FilthyImp posted:

Aint nothing compared to a chicken run, mang

I've got to level with you guys. I think the rotisserie chicken at Costco is too salty.

I know, I know. But I did find out a few years ago that I'm a 'super taster' so I can blame that right

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

ever cut the rotisserie chicken line? sometimes a man's gotta break all the rules

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

I bought a huge box of Audubon bird seed to sate our songbird flock outside, in the ash rain. And a huge, equivalently large bag of Popcornopolis Kettle Corn for $5 which I have placed out for people who, like nuthatches and chickadees, will flit back and forth for hours for some of it. It's good!

9 of 10 carts had that popcorn today when i went. costco blesses all.

i got some lacroix because im a soda fat but working on it

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

KakerMix posted:

I've got to level with you guys. I think the rotisserie chicken at Costco is too salty.

I know, I know. But I did find out a few years ago that I'm a 'super taster' so I can blame that right

:yikes:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

actually the rotisserie chicken is immaculate and a blessing upon us all.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i take it home and rip it to pieces with my hands to put in a tupperware container for easy eatin' later.

i like to whittle out all the little good bits around the bones and eat em afterwards :twisted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How well does that work with reheating? I've always wanted to get those rotisserie chickens but I never know what I'd do with all of it. If you reheat it in the microwave does it get really dry?

What do you do with the leftovers of that thing?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no the chicken is really drat moist so reheating it is usually fine. I usually just eat it with hot sauce and some veggies or maybe make a chicken wrap, or a quesadilla! or whatever its chicken!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chinatown posted:

i take it home and rip it to pieces with my hands to put in a tupperware container for easy eatin' later.

i like to whittle out all the little good bits around the bones and eat em afterwards :twisted:

Same, rules mega hard to get it home still warm, rip it apart like the epic man you are and have perfect meat for the week.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Costco has seen fit to brine the birds strong, true. But this is for a greater good—the brine renders the chickens juicy and moist even through reheating and repurposing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is good news. I've always wanted to get one of those things.

Hok
Apr 3, 2003

Cog in the Machine
Yesterday I made the Pilgrimage to a new Costco which has opened up 20 minutes from me, The layout is flipped compared to the other 2 I've been too and it just felt wrong.

Going to take some time to get used to everything being on the wrong side of the store.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Chinatown posted:

My favorite part of any whole roast chicken, especially the Costco chickens, are the two "oysters," rich, dark little ovals of meat that are tucked inside some of the bones under the thigh. I assume that's what those things are. They are a special treat for me every time. Once I was at a gastropub that had sauteed chicken oysters as an appetizer, and my heart filled with joy.

By the way, on that note, chicken hearts are surprisingly delicious and healthy too, but Costco doesn't sell them.

naem
May 29, 2011

My exgf from Taiwan took me to an impromptu motorcycle gang/ Taiwanese grad student marinated chicken-heart BBQ held in a weedy backyard lot on Treasure Island; first we ate the hearts, then they beat me really really badly at street fighter

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What do you do with the leftovers of that thing?
Dont do what i did and leave it at the bottom of your fridge for over a week, then leave the door open 20 minutes as you restock/clean, then reheat it a day later as part of leftovers.

For my sins against the bord, I was struck with food poisoning and puked for about 8 hours straight in regular 35 minute intervals.

I prayed to costco for deliverance but only the porcelain devil heard my calls that night.

Also, if you're handy, you could use the bone carcass as a base for stock.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Do all costcos have everything on turbo sale right now or is this just a byproduct of their Harvey relief efforts? Literally everything in the store is marked down 10-30%. Full food court pizza was $7.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Do all costcos have everything on turbo sale right now or is this just a byproduct of their Harvey relief efforts? Literally everything in the store is marked down 10-30%. Full food court pizza was $7.

the expensive butt paper was actually cheaper than Kirkland brand here thanks to a double sale, you know I stocked up so that I might better mock the Kroger heathens from my cottony quilted throne

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FilthyImp posted:

Also, if you're handy, you could use the bone carcass as a base for stock.

You don't even need to be handy if you have an InstantPot. Throw the carcass(es) in with some water and a few veggies if you want and cook it under pressure for an hour. Strain it and you will have some of the best stock you ever had. Strain further with cheese cloth if you want broth (purer) consistency. You can freeze it too. Use large ice cube trays to make cubes then once those are frozen dump the cubes into a gallon ziplock and back into the freezer. When you need stock you can grab however many cubes you need out and thaw in a pan or the microwave.

If you don't have an InstantPot get one. They are usually around $100 and you will wonder how you never had one before.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Which one of you did this?

https://www.costcohotdog.com/

He also has a page with the menu of his local food court

https://www.costcohotdog.com/the-costco-food-court-menu/

PBUC

EDIT: Also seconding the love for the Instant Pot :hfive:

The Hambulance fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 6, 2017

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Gonna go to my local costco in florida and take pictures of all the extremely panicky shoppers

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Chinatown posted:

:same:

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
three loving words: costco business center

it's got a lot of the food you need without the lines, plus cheap utensils

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Taima posted:

But it's rib eye cap. The God of Meat. The One True Cut. that's why Costco cuts it that way, because Costco knows whats up as always.

I do appreciate how they price the rib eye cap the same as the normal rib eye when they could easily mark it way the gently caress up.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Bro Dad posted:

Gonna go to my local costco in florida and take pictures of all the extremely panicky shoppers

I made the mistake of going yesterday to the new one in Orlando which has TERRIBLE traffic design (one traffic light to get out, one right turn lane and one left+straight no dedicated left turn - green for maybe 20 seconds) and pulling into the lot about gave me a panic attack with how many goddamn cars there were all gridlocked up.

It ended up taking 45 minutes to just drive through the parking lot and get back out. I just wanted a dog & to witness the madness for a little while!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I don't like that they blade tenderize the rib eye caps.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

*sighs and draws executive member black card*

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

arisu posted:

I don't like that they blade tenderize the rib eye caps.

Has anyone ever tried to ask them to cut one and NOT blade tenderize it. I bet they would do it if they have some uncut to do it with. Or maybe ask if you can reserve one that isn't tenderized next time they cut. Remember that you are a member so they will most likely be willing to do this for you.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The poppy seed muffins taunt me as I sit here waiting to do a fasting blood test. Why, muffins?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

FormatAmerica posted:

I made the mistake of going yesterday to the new one in Orlando which has TERRIBLE traffic design (one traffic light to get out, one right turn lane and one left+straight no dedicated left turn - green for maybe 20 seconds) and pulling into the lot about gave me a panic attack with how many goddamn cars there were all gridlocked up.

It ended up taking 45 minutes to just drive through the parking lot and get back out. I just wanted a dog & to witness the madness for a little while!

Milennia Costco? I waited in line for 20 minutes to get gas, only to realize my membership had expired :negative:. Went inside and grabbed some Brita filters and peanut butter, the checkout lines started at the book section.