Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How predictable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FactsAreUseless posted:

A lot of goat farms will keep a single llama around to act as a guard. They're big and very protective of the goats, and they'll fight off coyotes or anything else that tries to get at them.

The llama I met was awfully protective of a baby fawn!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The only post I ever saw from Portland human being was the image where he got banned for posting "can't we just have a good time posting about video games generally" or w/e

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MisterBibs posted:

I have a feeling I asked this before, but as someone who doesn't play D&D, what's so bad about Chaotic Good?

Chaotic Good is a person that is willing to break the rules if they think what they're doing is for the greater good, or if the existing rules are considered wrong. See: Robin Hood, Dirty Harry, Martin Luther King, Jr.

They are the epitome of "The ends justify the means."

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

MisterBibs posted:

I have a feeling I asked this before, but as someone who doesn't play D&D, what's so bad about Chaotic Good?

I think it's sort of the "nice guy" alignment, like the dude who always wants to play that plucky and quirky elf that he (mis)identifies with. It's just that in the game world, "chaotic" means things like "steals from the rich or damages their property" and "breaks into locked buildings in search of adventure". The player considers himself chaotic for doing things like "not keeping a regular and reasonable hygiene schedule" and "breaking into a girl's room to sniff her socks".

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Chaotic Good is a person that is willing to break the rules if they think what they're doing is for the greater good, or if the existing rules are considered wrong. See: Robin Hood, Dirty Harry, Martin Luther King, Jr.

They are the epitome of "The ends justify the means."

p sure that's neutral good

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

I miss him, I miss him

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MisterBibs posted:

To simplify iot.

Chaotic = whacky, not bound by the rules of polite society. (i.e. Shut the gently caress up Mon, I'll stay up as late as I want)
Good = you still get to be virtuous and handsome and rescue the princess and all that other business.

Basically if you choose Chaotic Good, you are trying to have your cake and eat it too, and be the cool, dangerous edgy anti-hero.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BrigadierSensible posted:

Chaotic = whacky, not bound by the rules of polite society. (i.e. Shut the gently caress up Mon, I'll stay up as late as I want)

Chaotic Rasta

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

The only post I ever saw from Portland human being was the image where he got banned for posting "can't we just have a good time posting about video games generally" or w/e

I could have sworn PF was a name change and FYAD regular.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

So which one is it?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Screaming Idiot posted:

So which one is it?

The woman with the necklace and red top. Those are the eyes of a killer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Meat Ball >> ميت بول >> Paul Is Dead

???how???

least its not dead pee

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

???how???

least its not dead pee

Ball/Paul

Meat is dead flesh.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ball is meat

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

???how???

least its not dead pee

Supposedly they tried to transliterate "meat ball" into Arabic and got "mayit baul" - which in Arabic means "Dead Paul." Someone then translated the Arabic back into English for the placard.

I don't speak Arabic and have no idea if that's plausible or not.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I like how from the different ways chaotic good has been defined on this page I can tell what insufferable player archetype the poster has been inflicted with.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

El Burbo posted:

Landerig did way funnier stupid stuff like quit SA and go to SS, then came back to SA acting like some sort of forums double agent and then got immediately banned from here

But that can't be memed so we'll just post chaotic neutral until the meaning of the word landerig is lost to time

On top of that, he got himself banned on SS too. The guy has a hugely over inflated sense of self importance from what I can tell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The perfect three hit combo. They should have sent a poet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given it's the 1800's, it could be anything from actual mental instability to having an opinion that differs from a man's. If not a broad catagory to cover both and everything inbetween.

It's literally a broad category

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thats what I get for not reading the page

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
* Not to scale

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Scaling aside, those are some of the best dresses I've seen.

For clowns to wear.

To the circus.

Idiots.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

The MSJ posted:

Lupita Nyong'o (Wakanda, Earth 616)

Nice

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Deteriorata posted:

Supposedly they tried to transliterate "meat ball" into Arabic and got "mayit baul" - which in Arabic means "Dead Paul." Someone then translated the Arabic back into English for the placard.

I don't speak Arabic and have no idea if that's plausible or not.

Its just loving weird that it went through transliteration then into google translate.
Actually its not weird at all.
بول translates to urine, and it's weird that google prioritized a name from another language over that, so they're lucky google didnt output dead pee

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:13 on Sep 6, 2017

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Double Punctuation posted:

For clowns to wear.

To the circus.

Idiots.

I think I saw at least three of those on American Horror Story last night...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
"Sir are you aware that you are a cat"
"YOU MEDIA VULTURES ARE ALL THE SAME, CANT YOU SEE I'VE BEEN THROUGH A LOT"

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

I'm never going to be fashionable :ohdear:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

ultrabindu posted:

Wear a shitload of jewelry.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ultrabindu posted:

I can really rock a tattered t-shirt and dirty jeans, though.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/AbiBleach/status/905054884390739969

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Double Punctuation posted:

For clowns to wear.

To the circus.

Idiots.

nooo

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS