Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

A quick check on r/battlefield_one reveals that some people liked the hellfighter more but no one actually gives a poo poo really.

i liked the hellfighter but its probaly better if the title person was in the war longer the like half a year. so whatever.

brusilove offensive was fun. got to turkey shoot austra hungarians as they ran out of the house. then blew up the house and crushed a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

There were a lot more Hellfighters than female communist-russians. Also America won the war so we deserve to be on the boxart.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

There were a lot more english speakers who are easy to cast for voice acting than communist lady parts that terrify gamers. Also America will buy the most copies so we deserve to be on the boxart.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

What the gently caress even is this post?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

And for the third time today, you guys care more about this than the reddit boogeymen do.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So I got a desync type issue tonight. All of the sudden, none of my shots would register. Even going point blank and getting blood animations, nothing. But it would give me suppression assists when someone else made the kill. Ping was fine, everything else would work, just couldn't actually shoot mans. Weird.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

There were a lot more Hellfighters than female communist-russians. Also America won the war so we deserve to be on the boxart.

isnt she a White?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Klisejo posted:

So I got a desync type issue tonight. All of the sudden, none of my shots would register. Even going point blank and getting blood animations, nothing. But it would give me suppression assists when someone else made the kill. Ping was fine, everything else would work, just couldn't actually shoot mans. Weird.

i ran into that too while unlocking the federov trench. blood, suppression, zero damage or kills.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

And for the third time today, you guys care more about this than the reddit boogeymen do.

We should get this thread back on track by complaining about weapon unlock assignments

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Symetrique posted:

We should get this thread back on track by complaining about weapon unlock assignments

I got my second plane kill only to realize I still need to mortar 9 more dudes.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The 1903 experimental is like using a weapon that politely suggests that perhaps, if they would be so inclined, maybe your opponent will fall over dead, please.

It's atrocious. :allears:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Inconspicuous should work and only work if you're slowly moving. But I shouldn't be surprised :dice: is inconsistent seeing how BF3 TUGs and MAVs were patched out of the blue to detect stationary players.

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Brusilov Keep is way too packed to be a linear map for my liking (with not enough cover on the Russian side) and I can't even with Tsaritsyn.

Brusilov is the size of a map pared down for TDM. I got a seven kills with two airburst rounds because two squads loved to hole up in the tower between B and D despite being german. The map is so small that you can kill someone, cap a point and find them back camping the same spot again.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo the MG14/17 fires fast as gently caress. You can just run around and hipfire it in the truest spray and pray fashion and stand a decent chance of murdering someone. :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Weed number page

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Gonkish posted:

The 1903 experimental is like using a weapon that politely suggests that perhaps, if they would be so inclined, maybe your opponent will fall over dead, please.

Honestly I like it a shitload more than having to use the G98 Marksman or the SMLE Carbine. I loving suck rear end with sights, it's just whiffed shot after whiffed shot.

Leal posted:

Weed number page

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Gonkish posted:

I kinda like it. It shoots fast, has a large clip and is steady. Looks cool too.

I mean yeah it doesn't kill a guy unless you hit him with so many bullets he literally gets lead poisoning, but whatever. It's for when you pick the sniper class but really don't want to be a sniper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDQjRLR6zy4

New maps good.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Have they given the 1903exp a full auto mode now?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I don't know what this update did to people but I'm seeing like 40+ people between both teams going sniper, and that's, like, 5 more than normal!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why are there not hard caps on classes? One of each per squad?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Because this loving sucks and is boring.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

If you do that then you'll have medics with 4x scopes staying in the back.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

afkmacro posted:

If you do that then you'll have medics with 4x scopes staying in the back.

Anything in this game with a bipod is a sniper rifle.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Class caps do indeed suck, because outside the scoped rifle BS scout can actually quite useful sometimes.

It is getting to the point with this series though where they should start questioning the need for a team to have more than 5 long range scoped weapons for recon or support classes in play.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Because this is ~Butterfeels~ not Red Orchestra.

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 6, 2017

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

You could force every recon player to use an mp-18 optical and I'm sure most would still try to snipe with it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the 15 HE tripwire kills requirement is some absolute horseshit

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I like how they added a requirement that's just "Hey idiots you can shoot planes down with guns" and I'm still the only person shooting them with guns, except for one medic I saw aiming up at the planes.

Also, the 1900 Factory kinda blows, idk if it's just more random pattern than the others or if that one shotgun glitch is still in but I'm pretty often getting 0-8 damage shots from literally 10 feet away from the target. The slug version loving rules though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

I like how they added a requirement that's just "Hey idiots you can shoot planes down with guns" and I'm still the only person shooting them with guns, except for one medic I saw aiming up at the planes.

It is how the Red Baron was shot down and killed after all :eng101:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'd love if there was a gadget for support that essentially just a sort mounting stand for AA use of your weapons. We've already got the sights, give us the rest of the gear.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'd love if there was a gadget for support that essentially just a sort mounting stand for AA use of your weapons. We've already got the sights, give us the rest of the gear.

+1

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Assault or Scout should get crows feet that were basically caltraps made to mess up the feet of draft animals too.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Assault's got AA sights now, too. Their little mini LMG can equip them.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

"Enemy Hit 72" is the loving bane of my existence. I plop those things down all the time, and that's all I get. Every. loving. Time. Somehow I've managed to get the occasional kill with it, but holy poo poo is it loving frustrating.

At least I got one of my airplane kills by accident. The second one took some doing but the heavy bomber is so loving easy to hit (especially on Galicia where it has no large objects to hide behind) that I could just ping it to death from across the map. Shoot the planes, people. :hellyeah:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I killed a sniper last night that was laying down in a HE tripwire facing away from a door. He was hoping I would come stab him, but I shot him from like 3 yards instead. He just raged and raged and raged.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Galicia on Ops basically seems to be a game killer. There's no cover, the defense has decent positions, and they eventually get a loving tank hunter. The tankgewehr alone can put a stop to any vehicle push, because there's nowhere that isn't in direct line of sight. You can be shot almost as soon as the vehicle is spawned, and if he hits you right you could be stuck instantly. Plus there's aircraft, plus a billion assaults. Good loving luck trying to push against a competent team. It makes Verdun look fair.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gonkish posted:

Galicia on Ops basically seems to be a game killer. There's no cover, the defense has decent positions, and they eventually get a loving tank hunter. The tankgewehr alone can put a stop to any vehicle push, because there's nowhere that isn't in direct line of sight. You can be shot almost as soon as the vehicle is spawned, and if he hits you right you could be stuck instantly. Plus there's aircraft, plus a billion assaults. Good loving luck trying to push against a competent team. It makes Verdun look fair.

Yep, that's about my experience with Galicia in the operation. It's literally just a giant empty field with nothing for the attackers to approach behind. Nobody can serpentine perfectly for 250-300 meters. I'm sitting there trying to figure out what these super awesome new tactics of the Russians are because from my point of view it's "run into No Man's Land."

The opening of Volga River in Red Tide isn't a whole lot better, defenders at the church have a clear line of sight literally into the attacker's spawn points and all you have to approach with is a broken tank in a road and two chimneys.

E: Holy poo poo, the requirements for the second tier of service assignments are nuts for time sink bullshit. Destroy 10 tanks on Amiens, 5 multikills on Grappa, 50 headshots on Neville Nights, complete 10-25 rounds of all the dead game modes, destroy 40 telegraph posts, kill 3 elite classes with K bullets, kill 5 enemies with the syringe.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 6, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ahahaha how about no

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Its a shame dice doesn't come up with unique and fun challenges for vehicle loadouts.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Hexenritter posted:

Ahahaha how about no

That's what sucks about it, this poo poo's tied to unlocking all those neat specializations that they supposedly added. Looks like I'm gonna be flak/cover/whatever the other default one is for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Shima Honnou posted:

That's what sucks about it, this poo poo's tied to unlocking all those neat specializations that they supposedly added. Looks like I'm gonna be flak/cover/whatever the other default one is for a long time.

Oh ffs :argh: :negative: