Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
I'm thinking about going to Hell in a Cell in Detroit and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about where to sit and how long I should wait to buy tickets (I remember people talking about how Battleground really struggled to sell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're not tall, don't go for floor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

Important question: Did Corey Graves scream "KIIIINSHAASAAAA" when Nakamura hit it?

I was too busy screaming it myself to hear, unfortunately.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

VJeff posted:

I was too busy screaming it myself to hear, unfortunately.

Not his loudest of all time, but yeah, it wasn't just a simple "Kinshasa".

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Should I go to No Mercy and see my boy Braun win the WWE title?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

https://twitter.com/DrewGulak/status/905426315913732096

Man gently caress off Tozawa

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Should I go to No Mercy and see my boy Braun win the WWE title?

Heck yeah. I'll be there to see THE BIG DOG finally get the coronation he deserves.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Give Ellsworth a monster run in the Cruiserweight Division

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That GIF actually made me look the segment up and have a pretty good guess what the next slide would have been, I'm mad at Tozawa, too.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I was bummed that Gulak got saddled with that gimmick at first, but he's really made it fun.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I expected not to like Drew Gulak at all, aside from his dragon sleeper finisher. He doesn't have much of a 'look' and once he was given this gimmick, I figured he'd be completely forgettable. Instead, he has consistently entertained me, and while he'll probably never be my favorite cruiserweight, I'm really glad he's given some time to shine :)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Have they said explicitly that the WWE title match will be in the cell? I noticed them doing the thing where they make a point of saying "at the HIAC PPV" all the time.

My immediate thought is that the actual cell match is gonne be Shane / Owens , lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Give Roman Jughead Gimmick. Make him go apeshit for hamburgers and eat hamburgers throughout matches for power.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you could turn him heel with a Wimpy gimmick

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Drew Gulak and Jack Gallagher are alternating between which is my favorite cruiserweight depending on who most recently had a good segment.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

That DICK! posted:

Give Roman Jughead Gimmick. Make him go apeshit for hamburgers and eat hamburgers throughout matches for power.

make Roman asexual.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

That DICK! posted:

you could turn him heel with a Wimpy gimmick

Roman eats all the hamburgers, then forgets which vest or cargo pocket he put his wallet in.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

That DICK! posted:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Minidust posted:

My immediate thought is that the actual cell match is gonne be Shane / Owens , lol

that will at least be one of them, imho

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura has clean wins over Cena and Orton, designed to set him up with matches against Jinder Mahal. what the gently caress

Matches that Jinder wins due to interference from the Singh Brothers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm thinking about going to Hell in a Cell in Detroit and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about where to sit and how long I should wait to buy tickets (I remember people talking about how Battleground really struggled to sell)

If you can't afford the first two or three rows on the floor, get first tier seats on the long side of the arena.

No idea how long to wait, but I imagine HITC will sell at least a little bit better than Battleground given the gimmick match(es).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Efexeye posted:

that will at least be one of them, imho

its hilarious that the lesson wwe drew from aj/shane was not aj is the best wrestler in the world but that shane can hang in the main event

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its hilarious that the lesson wwe drew from aj/shane was not aj is the best wrestler in the world but that shane can hang in the main event

Not that it's not a waste of Owens or anything but I think it's more a function of the fact that they want to give KO a high profile program, not anything about Shane.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Not that it's not a waste of Owens or anything but I think it's more a function of the fact that they want to give KO a high profile program, not anything about Shane.

Their assumption that Shane is a high profile program is as faulty now as it was when they stuck AJ with him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That DICK! posted:

An excellent transition gimmick to the inevitable Fat Roman.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Shane vs AJ was the best match on the WrestleMania card (though not the most memorable) and a smoke and mirrors match with Owens will almost undoubtedly be good too

Shane do a SSP off the cell

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Goldberg/Lesnar was the best match at Wrestlemania

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Lesnar/Goldberg is the match I'll remember most and was excellent but I enjoyed AJ vs Shane more

Shane did a Shooting Star Press

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oatgan posted:

:yeah:

but Shane vs AJ was a close-ish second

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Brock should have done a Shooting Star Press but alas

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

oatgan posted:

It was absolute garbage.

It's the best match Goldberg could do for sure. But garbage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bard Maddox posted:

Shane vs AJ was the best match on the WrestleMania card

That's really not a good thing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
At this point, every PPV needs more BRRRRAAAAAAAUUUUUUUNNNNNN. Good in the ring, especially in a big hoss-off, and can make even poorly written promos good. Seriously give him the drat belt already. He is the best thing going in the company right now, although part of that is certainly due to WEAK booking of talent like AJ, Zayn and Finn Balor.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
have braun win the universal than a survivor series match against jinder where braun squashes him in ten seconds to unite both belts

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Do it ironically posted:

have braun win the universal than a survivor series match against jinder where braun squashes him in ten seconds to unite both belts

Stop posting my fantasy booking before I finish the storylines please

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I love Nakamura but am I alone in thinking the Kinshasa looks kinda weak and just isnt a great finisher? The way he hits it it just doesnt seem like he's hitting with much power and is more pushing them with his knee. I'm sure a lot of it is down to how well it's sold but yea looking back on when he did the Bomaye it was a much more brutal hit, more head on with his knee than the sorta turn and push he does now.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 6, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Yeah the Kinshasa isn't bad but it could definitely have more impact. It's not going to look very good if/when Alistair Black is called up and starts hitting Black Mass on people.

Also BRRRRAAAAUUUNNNN should not only win both titles, he should be the first superstar permitted to go on excursions to other companies in order to show his dominance, because I want BRRRRAAAAAAAUUUUUUNN vs. Okada, and I want a double kip-up spot.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Just Chamber posted:

I love Nakamura but am I alone in thinking the Kinshasa looks kinda weak and just isnt a great finisher? The way he hits it it just doesnt seem like he's hitting with much power and is more pushing them with his knee. I'm sure a lot of it is down to how well it's sold but yea looking back on when he did the Bomaye it was a much more brutal hit, more head on with his knee than the sorta turn and push he does now.

I honestly think it's the way wwe films it. Because in NJPW it always looks like a killer. I think WWE purposely shoots it a certain way because they don't like head strikes.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

dromal phrenia posted:

Also BRRRRAAAAUUUNNNN should not only win both titles, he should be the first superstar permitted to go on excursions to other companies in order to show his dominance, because I want BRRRRAAAAAAAUUUUUUNN vs. Okada, and I want a double kip-up spot.
gently caress. Yes.

I would also like to see him throw Kenny Omega from the setup for one winged angel.

Over the ropes and out of the ring if that is legit possible without some serious injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
shane mcmahon is a bad promo

just like the big dawg balls roman bustin out big dawg reigns

• Locked thread