Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Also: how is Blaine possibly going to be a free man in the next season? His insurance was that killing or imprisoning him would have started the zombie apocalypse, and also he couldn't really be charged without revealing the existence of zombies. But like...there are a lot of witnesses to all his crap, and probably quite a bit of evidence (especially with Angus out of the well).
Anyone who knew about his crimes and did nothing is now guilty of covering up those crimes, so they may let him go to protect themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Angus is out of the well? When and how did that happen?

e: spoiler tags because I'm an idiot

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 23, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

Anyone who knew about his crimes and did nothing is now guilty of covering up those crimes, so they may let him go to protect themselves.

Yeah, to make Seattle work they'll probably do a blanket amnesty on all the shady zombie poo poo. If nothing else all of the pre-vaccination zombies have broken the laws related to corpse handling, but the alternative was to not eat and become monsters. That last party at Max Rager was a clusterfuck of various crimes.

Blaine is the worst of those still standing (I think Vaughn Du Clark was worse) but it is difficult to prosecute him without dredging up a lot of dirt that would make it difficult to maintain the peace.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That spoiler was about the previously linked stuff from the SDCC.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Angus out of the well).

Ugh really? having him around as a wildcard/ secondary antagonist was fun at first but I'm kind of tired of him and was glad to see him thrown in the well. Oh well...

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

TwoPair posted:

Ugh really? having him around as a wildcard/ secondary antagonist was fun at first but I'm kind of tired of him and was glad to see him thrown in the well. Oh well...

He's being upgraded to series regular, so we're going to see a lot more of him.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loving love Robert Knepper.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

He's being upgraded to series regular, so we're going to see a lot more of him.

gently caress

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Season 3 Episode 8 might've been the most over the top Clive has ever acted in this entire series so far, when those fake spiders landed on him.

Man am I glad I'm past the Ravi/Peyton drama point.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This show is okay for an NCIS with normal zombies + some crazy ones/millennials crossover, but the names really bother me. Liv Moore? Major Lillywhite? A company called Fillmore Graves?

Major Lillywhite? Fillmore Graves?

Please tell me I missed a part in the beginning where Major is just called Lillywhite as a joke cause he's white as gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You will NOT besmirch the hero of our story.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Barreft posted:

This show is okay for an NCIS with normal zombies + some crazy ones/millennials crossover, but the names really bother me. Liv Moore? Major Lillywhite? A company called Fillmore Graves?

Please tell me I missed a part in the beginning where Major is just called Lillywhite as a joke cause he's white as gently caress.

Sorry, but iZombie is powered by puns.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Barreft posted:

:thejoke:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Barreft posted:

Rob Thomas loves puns. I always loved Blaine's butcher shop/restaurant, Meat Cute.

And there is a famous football coach named Major Applewhite, who no doubt inspired our Major's name. And I also liked that Major named his dog Minor.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I always think of Marshall Applewhite, the founder of Heaven's Gate.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I enjoyed the episode where major asked if he could have a new name that wasn't stupid

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Private Major Lillywhite is the greatest character currently on our televisions.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the show, but goddamn. Major Lillywhite.. lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rhyno posted:

Private Major Lillywhite is the greatest character currently on our televisions.

Only because Private Dancer isn't on TV anymore.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

iZombie's names are punny, but they're not Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin level punny.

Yet.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Chase Graves is the greatest character name in the history of fiction.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Fillmore Graves took me way longer to get than it should have.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Barreft posted:

If you can't handle puns then you should just bail from this show now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Barreft posted:

If the slow pan down a skyscraper to reveal the name as "Hightower" didn't clue you in as to what kind of show you're watching then you may want to pull the ripcord right now.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Don't forget Blaine's funeral home called Shady Plots. The puns are delightful. There are a ton of Easter eggs on season two for how Liv (LIVE MORE) prepares her food being a take on how the plot plays out for that particular brain. When Liv shouts Taipei as the capital of Taiwan she was on brains of someone with a 'type A' personality. It's perfect top to bottom this show :buddy:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I can't believe we've already forgotten Meat Cute.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Caphi posted:

It's like five posts above you.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Caphi posted:

Was that one supposed to be "Me Eat You"? I remember getting it back then but just don't feel the memory of what the pun was anymore.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

M_Gargantua posted:

Was that one supposed to be "Me Eat You"? I remember getting it back then but just don't feel the memory of what the pun was anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_cute

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

esperterra posted:

It's like five posts above you.

That's what makes forgetting it so unbelievable!

Speaking of forgetting things, can someone sum up the dominatrix plotline for me? Did the mayor himself arrange for that guy's faked suicide, was it all Fillmore Graves blackmailing him, was it something else entirely...?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That's what makes forgetting it so unbelievable!

Speaking of forgetting things, can someone sum up the dominatrix plotline for me? Did the mayor himself arrange for that guy's faked suicide, was it all Fillmore Graves blackmailing him, was it something else entirely...?

I literally can't even recall. It was convoluted and so unnecessary.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MiddleOne posted:

I literally can't even recall. It was convoluted and so unnecessary.

There was nothing unnecessary about those outfits

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I mean it did lead to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQ-KA2rGDE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

A Charcuturie is like a butcher shop. They work with meat. Meet Cute. That's it.

I hope season 4 brings attention that a good chunk of the expanding zombie issue is mostly LIv's fault for not going and making GBS threads on Blaine for trying to grift brains off of her not 20 minutes after saying he was washing his hands of it. If that misunderstanding hadn't happened, Alan York would still be alive and so would so many homeless teens.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

RareAcumen posted:

A Charcuturie is like a butcher shop. They work with meat. Meet Cute. That's it.
It let them say 'Meat Cute murders' for an entire season.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Not sure if this was mentioned as well but a lot of the title episode/title cards are puns or references to movie titles.

The Hurt Stalker -> The Hurt Locker
Eternal Sunshine of the Caffeinated Mind -> Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Some Like It Hot Mess -> Some Like It Hot
Liv and Let Clive -> Live and Let Die
Method Head
Fifty Shades of Grey Matter etc etc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nude posted:

Not sure if this was mentioned as well but a lot of the title episode/title cards are puns or references to movie titles.

Pretty sure literally all the title cards are puns and references.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I just got caught up and am looking forward to seeing what the vibe of season 4 will be. There was one thing that really bothered me in season 3. Did it bug anyone else that nobody at Fillmore Graves seemed to be the slightest bit curious when they discovered that Major turned back into a human? Regardless of whether the FG people want to remain zombies or not (probably not), one would imagine that they'd want to know how that happened and if it could be replicated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drainpipe posted:

I just got caught up and am looking forward to seeing what the vibe of season 4 will be. There was one thing that really bothered me in season 3. Did it bug anyone else that nobody at Fillmore Graves seemed to be the slightest bit curious when they discovered that Major turned back into a human? Regardless of whether the FG people want to remain zombies or not (probably not), one would imagine that they'd want to know how that happened and if it could be replicated.

That was probably the dropped plot about the stolen cure vials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

drainpipe posted:

The boss lady was, but then she blew up. By the time new boss man realized something was up, they were in crisis mode with d-day imminent and an insurrection in the ranks.

But yeah, it was kinda dumb. I guess he was just smart enough to figure out that if the scooby gang had a reliable cure Liv would be cured too, and they'd be offering that cure to Filmore Graves. Generally people on this show lack curiosity.

They also have no concern with consequences. Still mad FG contaminated a vaccine they knew was being given to small children. Small children are not trustworthy zombies! Little kids scratch and bite and drool. Little kids throw temper tantrums, and now those temper tantrums will lead to full on zombie mode! Zombie kids can't be allowed around non-zombies at all, ever.

• Locked thread