Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Russillo was back on the air today and took full responsibility for his actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

And hands up if you're shocked to hear FS1 dumped Katie Nolan onto a show they aren't promoting

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What's up with NFL Films these days anyway?

Do they do all the "Football Life" things on NFL Network? If so do they still do anything other than that and apparently this show?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:thunk:

gently caress that uncle tom rear end bitch made dude

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
what the gently caress

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Looks like Clay got back from Atlanta

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

What the gently caress.

Credit where credit is due though at least he's not in blackface.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dexo posted:

are you serious

are you serious

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

So many dancing Daffys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like how Skip Bayless set a bar pretty high as far as "lovely" goes and Whitlock manages to easily rocket ship past it constantly.

Skip was really easy to just ignore, but Jason manages to actually elicit that "oh gently caress you", no matter what.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jesus. loving. CHRIST.

:allbuttons:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Skip isn't even lovely. He's just annoying and obnoxious and obviously playing a role.

Whitlock is a bitchmade dude who is actively sabotaging social progress to shuck and jive for people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Skip has a really clear understanding of where the line is.

Whitlock is legitimately just a fat rear end in a top hat.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MourningView posted:

Of all the things for someone to hold a grudge against Disney for I definitely did not expect "didn't make enough Tron movies" to be one of them
That's not what I'm holding a grudge for you dork. I'm just pointing out that driver behind every single decision that they make now is how profitable something is, and they seemingly have so little care about anything else to the point where it's kind of comical.

The company has actually been seeing heavy jumps in profits in the last couple of years and their earnings have been beating stock market expectations, but they've absolutely hammered various aspects of the company (ABC, theme parks, ESPN, etc.) in the quest so squeeze out more profits.

DJExile posted:

are you serious

are you serious
I see that the new Fox Sports 1 business model is "Do outrageous poo poo to get attention".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crazy Ted posted:

That's not what I'm holding a grudge for you dork. I'm just pointing out that driver behind every single decision that they make now is how profitable something is, and they seemingly have so little care about anything else to the point where it's kind of comical.

The company has actually been seeing heavy jumps in profits in the last couple of years and their earnings have been beating stock market expectations, but they've absolutely hammered various aspects of the company (ABC, theme parks, ESPN, etc.) in the quest so squeeze out more profits.

That's been the MO of any business since Reagan became president. Profits at all costs. If you don't have a bigger profit than you did last year, you're a failure as a business.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

That's been the MO of any business since Reagan became president. Profits at all costs. If you don't have a bigger profit than you did last year, you're a failure as a business.

Been a whole lot longer than that

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

Been a whole lot longer than that

Yeah, but that's when it became REALLY obvious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Skip has a really clear understanding of where the line is.

Whitlock is legitimately just a fat rear end in a top hat.

He was never really all there but I do buy into the idea that something broke in him after Deadspin did their whole thing about how terrible he was trying to get the Undefeated site up.

I mean he was bad before, but he's become loving batshit insane since then.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

He was never really all there but I do buy into the idea that something broke in him after Deadspin did their whole thing about how terrible he was trying to get the Undefeated site up.

I mean he was bad before, but he's become loving batshit insane since then.
Pretty sure Whitlock finally realized that the only way he gets attention is by acting like he's loving nuts, and he cares more about that than any journalism concerns he has.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Dexo posted:

This motherfucker...
I hope he gets in some kind of legal trouble and tries to do what OJ and Michael Jackson did and look to black folks for support, but instead of embracing him, we reject his Uncle Tom rear end.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There's a reason those mega stuffed Oreos are called Jason Whitlocks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

So when's the lawsuit.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/905413884483440640

somehow this doesn't surprise me

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
David West called Whitlock the Swahili word for "pussy", I think?

https://twitter.com/D_West30/status/905385055001956352

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sw&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fsn.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMbutu

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/905294216632393728

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:chloe:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/905441092602028036

Ahahahahahha

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Every time I think we've reached peak Whitlock he keeps upping the ante.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I really thought it was Screech from Saved by the Bell dressed up as Kaepernick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
ESPN discussing Aliens right now

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah he's going to jail

edit: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/manhattan-us-attorney-and-fbi-assistant-director-announce-securities-and-wire-fraud-0

he's hosed

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 6, 2017

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

good for whitlock seeing that the cosby void needed to be filled

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

noice

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah the Feds really don't much care for it when your scam runs into the millions of dollars.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

imagine being this desperate to be a guest on Tucker Carlson.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/OTLonESPN/status/905479633658945536

Finally an NFL player is standing up (kneeling down?) For causes like police brutality.

I'm glad a hero like Michael Bennett is the first player to ever bring something like that up

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Over in the UK, John Motson is retiring after 50 years commentating on football, primarily for the BBC. For most Americans, you'll know him as the commentator who notes that there is a really serious problem before the match started during the Hillsborough 30 for 30. For us Brits, we're wishing he'd hung his mic up a long time ago as he's been clearly past his best for a long time now

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I bet he was deluded/hopeful enough to think that thanks to money from investors he could turn around his bad streak, pay everyone back, and have a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/status/905591770716745729

how does he keep falling upward