Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

I honestly think it's the way wwe films it. Because in NJPW it always looks like a killer. I think WWE purposely shoots it a certain way because they don't like head strikes.

probably a combination of this and wwe just generally not being as stiff as new japan. i mean honestly though, the way they shot the bomaye and the way they shoot v-triggers, gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

I love Nakamura but am I alone in thinking the Kinshasa looks kinda weak and just isnt a great finisher? The way he hits it it just doesnt seem like he's hitting with much power and is more pushing them with his knee. I'm sure a lot of it is down to how well it's sold but yea looking back on when he did the Bomaye it was a much more brutal hit, more head on with his knee than the sorta turn and push he does now.

His corner plank knee also looks like garbage.

It's not just the way they film it. He used to push through, now he pushes away and doesn't do the move with enough speed to look like a big hit.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

DEAR RICHARD posted:

shane mcmahon is bad

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

well the first time Nakamura did the knee in WWE he just slammed Sami in the face with his shin so maybe someone pulled him aside and asked him to not do it that way anymore

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DEAR RICHARD posted:

shane mcmahon is a bad promo
For the talk of Ambrose being bad at punching, Shane is so much worse

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i had completely forgotten about Shane and AJ's feud and I sincerely thought up until a couple days ago that this current angle with Shane, Styles, and Owens was to set up a Shane/Styles feud. i don't remember it happening at all.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bill Goldberg posted:

i had completely forgotten about Shane and AJ's feud and I sincerely thought up until a couple days ago that this current angle with Shane, Styles, and Owens was to set up a Shane/Styles feud. i don't remember it happening at all.

you dont remember the worlds most fortuitously mounted dash camera in the back of a limo

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Bill Goldberg posted:

Shane's new finisher should be him swinging his arms in wild circles, lowering his head and walking toward the opponent.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nikki Bella is going to appear on Dancing with the Stars.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, Asuka is officially on her way to RAW or Smackdown, as of tonight. Her NXT Womens Title reign ends at 523 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKM1CRTqzVk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Do they base her title reign off when she gave it up or when the episode aired

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

If you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, Asuka is officially on her way to RAW or Smackdown, as of tonight. Her NXT Womens Title reign ends at 523 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKM1CRTqzVk

Not seen: the rest of the women's NXT division buried so far beneath the earth it would take drilling to the core of the earth to find them.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

That DICK! posted:

Do they base her title reign off when she gave it up or when the episode aired

They based it off when the episode aired. Otherwise basically subtract around 13-15 days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sotar posted:

Not seen: the rest of the women's NXT division buried so far beneath the earth it would take drilling to the core of the earth to find them.

"It's okay, the MYC winner will surely be different," the NXT fan nervously says for the thirteenth time this month

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Piper could show up to the next NXT taping and immediately carry the division.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sotar posted:

Yeah what they should have really done is have her trade the title a few times with the hyper charismatic ember moon. That's what woulda made all this memorable.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I dunno which brand Asuka will go to

If RAW, she will debut in a match against Emma, barely win after 10 minutes and the company going A DOMINANT WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED, THE REST OF THE DIVISION BEWARE

If Smackdown she will debut against Carmella, barely win after 10 minutes and the company going A DOMINANT WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED, THE REST OF THE DIVISION BEWARE

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://streamable.com/laf7w

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sotar posted:

Oh no how will all 3 of them recover.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Sotar posted:

I dunno which brand Asuka will go to

If RAW, she will debut in a match against Emma, barely win after 10 minutes and the company going A DOMINANT WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED, THE REST OF THE DIVISION BEWARE

If Smackdown she will debut against Carmella, barely win after 10 minutes and the company going A DOMINANT WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED, THE REST OF THE DIVISION BEWARE

Have her lose the Carmella match due to interference from Ellsworth. This way she still looks strong since Carmella has to cheat to win and it sets up for the Asuka/Ellsworth match on a ppv preshow. It'll really sell the idea that this prodigious rookie talent is in the big leagues now and allow her to slowly work her way up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
oh no the NXT women's division is buried a bloo bloo bloo :qq:

This ignores the fact that anybody who beat Asuka would've been hated anyway because, news flash, nobody wanted Asuka to lose. Ember Moon got more on the crowd's good side by losing than she would've by winning.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm gonna need that Chic & Destroy shirt.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

Have her lose the Carmella match due to interference from Ellsworth. This way she still looks strong since Carmella has to cheat to win and it sets up for the Asuka/Ellsworth match on a ppv preshow. It'll really sell the idea that this prodigious rookie talent is in the big leagues now and allow her to slowly work her way up.

"BOOK IT!" - Vince

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

naw just feed her tamina and/or lana and keep the monster alive

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think retiring Asuka's title sets up for a soft reset on the NXT women's division pretty well with new MYC signings, which I'm still optimistic about, and allows a wrestler to enter the main roster as a beloved, undefeated legend. I like retiring it better than having her lose it and come into Smackdown/RAW looking weaker. I trust NXT to do something interesting with their women's division, but I think Vince is gonna need a helping hand to do anything decent with new talent, so a record setting title reign on a hugely protected wrestler is gonna be good for that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

oh no the NXT women's division is buried a bloo bloo bloo :qq:

This ignores the fact that anybody who beat Asuka would've been hated anyway because, news flash, nobody wanted Asuka to lose. Ember Moon got more on the crowd's good side by losing than she would've by winning.

Nah. This loving sucks and is not good. They should've had Ember win when she hit the Eclipse. The crowd was ready for it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nah. This loving sucks and is not good.

Much like Embers Wrestling

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

The Eclipse is over as gently caress though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Breezangowns

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Stale Saltines posted:

I'm gonna need that Chic & Destroy shirt.

It exists!

May I also recommend these for your big dawg

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Eclipse is over as gently caress though.

That doesn't make the wrestler good though.
Case in point: Big Breakfast Corbin for most of his career

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ember moon is not very charismatic and Asuka is very special. WWE will probably blow it by having her lose to tamina in her debut I'm sure but this is in an ideal setting how you would book people. If you book someone as unstoppable and you follow through with it you can have them put on a grueling match with somebody who comes out looking good despite a loss.

It's kinda funny how people will rail on 50-50 booking then get really mad when an indisputably good performer holds a belt for more than three months

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Solus posted:

Ember just had either the best or second best women's match in company history, you JABRONI.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nah. This loving sucks and is not good. They should've had Ember win when she hit the Eclipse. The crowd was ready for it.

I disagree. Everybody expected it, but I think people had grown lukewarm on Ember and didn't want her to be the one to end the streak. She got a standing ovation at the end of the match -- I think if she'd won, people would've resented her before too long. Asuka is a special talent and they booked her in a special way and who knows, you could use her streak to make her a big star on the main roster. If she'd just left and vacated the championship, that'd be one thing, but the injury presented them with a unique opportunity and it was a no brainer to take it. Besides, I mean, injuries suck, but now the story is "Ember didn't beat Asuka, but she broke her and sent her out of NXT anyway." That's a perfectly acceptable story.

I will say I hope they don't do the MYC finals for the championship. They should do a tournament on NXT where the MYC finals winner faces the winner of the NXT tournament at the next Takeover.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Ember moon is not very charismatic and Asuka is very special. WWE will probably blow it by having her lose to tamina in her debut I'm sure but this is in an ideal setting how you would book people. If you book someone as unstoppable and you follow through with it you can have them put on a grueling match with somebody who comes out looking good despite a loss.

It's kinda funny how people will rail on 50-50 booking then get really mad when an indisputably good performer holds a belt for more than three months

I get mad because I prefer 50 50 booking than booking they put time into only to loving suck, just later. See also the entire Roman Reigns push.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Renee :swoon:

Fandango :swoon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I get mad because I prefer 50 50 booking than booking they put time into only to loving suck, just later. See also the entire Roman Reigns push.

Foochs is right. We need to give Asuka the Roman Reigns push.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think ember moon is neat! I like her finisher and theme amd we are both from the Dallas Fort Worth area!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

projecthalaxy posted:

I think ember moon is neat! I like her finisher and theme amd we are both from the Dallas Fort Worth area!
And the next Takeover is in Houston so she's probably winning the title then and there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

I'm consistent with my belief that if someone retires or exits a promotion or show they should do so with a loss, even/especially if it means a title changes hands in the process

You want to see a good exit, watch what just happened with the Big Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Asuka is going to drop her first match to Bayley at Wrestlemania 34 you idiots

• Locked thread