Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

Eifert Posting posted:

I see Lab and hound myself.
Agree with this.

Ears are classic hound shape.
Eyeset and lids classic Lab, to me.

How old / lbs? in this picture. The upturn of her snoot at this angle has me seeing Pit or at least some kind of bully thing.

She's a cute lady, most importantly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

Agree with this.

Ears are classic hound shape.
Eyeset and lids classic Lab, to me.

How old / lbs? in this picture. The upturn of her snoot at this angle has me seeing Pit or at least some kind of bully thing.

She's a cute lady, most importantly!

That was in the 3-4 month range at 33 lbs, according to the SPCA at least. A lot of people have said a lot of things so now we just think of her as a Generic breed dog since she apparently looks like everything.

EDIT: If you want/need more photos I have about 100 of her at various ages.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

The Jumpoff posted:

a Generic breed dog

Objectively the best dogs though.

The Jumpoff posted:

EDIT: If you want/need more photos I have about 100 of her at various ages.

Yes do it :swoon:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

Objectively the best dogs though.

Yes do it :swoon:

Alright I'm gonna drop an album link but also post some personal favs.

http://imgur.com/a/ZqDQa

And my absolute favorite:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Parti-colored variety of American Brown Dog.

I'd guess Beagle x Lab. American Foxhounds aren't common (especially as household pets) and their bloodlines are really well guarded within hunt kennels so you rarely see mixes of them. Don't really see any bully in her though it may be in there somewhere, just about every mutt around here in central VA has some pit in them.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Would boop the poo poo out of that snoot.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

The Jumpoff posted:

She is clearly a longeared Major (who is a st. bernard/australian cattle dog)

That much white means she's a mix of things that carry extreme white. Labs don't so I wouldn't expect her to be a high percentage lab but things like pits, hounds, boxers, dalmatians, cattle dogs, collies, saint bernards, newfoundlands, beagles etc all carry that amount of white spotting. Ears/snoot say some sort of hound to me but the size say something bigger. I'm going to be wacky and say st. bernard/beagle.

She's real cute whatever she is :kimchi:

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

The Jumpoff posted:

That is a fine frecklehoundmutt you have there. If she's anything like mine then she's stubborn and lazy but real sweet.

He's a Basset hound x ball of fluff

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Oh my God I need at least 6

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
This perfectly named St. Bernard/Lab cross is available for adoption at a rescue near me, and my boyfriend is thinking about applying for him.

https://toolkit.rescuegroups.org/javascript/v2.0/template1?animalID=11832508&key=yFeytnxJ

His name is Meatsauce.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's a handsome boy with an awesome name

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

pookel posted:

This perfectly named St. Bernard/Lab cross is available for adoption at a rescue near me, and my boyfriend is thinking about applying for him.

https://toolkit.rescuegroups.org/javascript/v2.0/template1?animalID=11832508&key=yFeytnxJ

His name is Meatsauce.

St. bernard crosses are great and he should definitely get that pro dog with a pro name.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Ridley got a sister! Meet Bonnie(right)!

Ridley is a beagle/corgi. We think Bonnie might be beagle/terrier?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
This is Kanga

She likes to splash water out of the bowl, lay down in the water, and then dunk her head in the water bowl and blow bubbles. Lovely.

The vet thought she was an Australian Cattle Dog mixed with something else. Corgi maybe? a Dingo? a Greyhound?
What do you all think?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

What weight/age is she now? I'm going to revise my corgi thoughts because that does look like a pointy little cattle dog snoot. Maybe crossed with catahoula to get a solid merle like that?

You don't need to worry about what she is though because you can just go ahead stick her in the mail and send her to me :kimchi:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well whatever it is it's obviously part seal.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Part cookies n cream ice cream I think. :3:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Instant Jellyfish posted:

What weight/age is she now? I'm going to revise my corgi thoughts because that does look like a pointy little cattle dog snoot. Maybe crossed with catahoula to get a solid merle like that?

You don't need to worry about what she is though because you can just go ahead stick her in the mail and send her to me :kimchi:

She's Approx 6-9mos. old and weighs about 20 lbs. She would probably love a mailbox, being inside things thrills her!

Are dynamic sleeping positions a dominant trait in any breeds?

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Greyhound.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Border Collie x ACD seems most likely if she's a random find.

Unless you happen to have Koolie breeders in your area, because she's an absolute dead ringer for those.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Youth Decay posted:

Border Collie x ACD seems most likely if she's a random find.

Unless you happen to have Koolie breeders in your area, because she's an absolute dead ringer for those.

A bc/acd mix would have way more white, most bcs at least carry irish markings and acds are all piebald/extreme white. She needs to have at least one solid colored parent. I thought koolie too but they're pretty rare.She's just a beautiful mystery baby.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My boyfriend just acquired this little guy, English Setter/Border Collie mix:

His name is Rufus. He is six weeks old. He is a very good boy.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Sup black and white puppy buddy. Ivy is a puggle mix, 9 weeks. There are a couple brindle sibs, so I am guessing Boston Terrier somewhere in there?

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 18, 2017

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

So my neighbor has this dog Wally who loves to escape. When he does he only goes one place, my house, to play with my mini schnauzer Jackson. My question is what kind of dog is he? He is the most generic dog I've ever seen in my life. He is the grocery store white label version of a dog. If you asked any five year old to draw a dog they would draw Wally. Here's some pics/video to try and figure it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgtoqHmWGTM&hd=1

He's totally gay for Jackson and it's adorable as heck but I have no idea what he is. Jackson is also definitely mixed mini schnauzer with some other kind of larger terrier but who knows.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 19, 2017

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

^^^^^ that sure is a dog!

HungryMedusa posted:

Sup black and white puppy buddy. Ivy is a puggle mix, 9 weeks. There are a couple brindle sibs, so I am guessing Boston Terrier somewhere in there?

oh my godddddddddd

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

fuzzy_logic posted:

^^^^^ that sure is a dog!

oh my godddddddddd

Yeah, she is cute and knows it. She has some gremlin or Tasmanian devil in there, not sure which.

We took her to the vet today. This is a new vet to us - we moved in the last 5 years- and I bring my older dog to her vet who is farther away. The new vet quoted $600 for a spay but it becomes much less if you do their "wellness plan" that includes the spay plus all vacs and other services for a year for $70 a month. It seems scammy; should we go back to our old vet? I really liked the personnel at new vet and the convenience but the spay price and plan stuff is making me wary. It is an independent office and not a Banfield or anything like that either.

Anyhoo, puppy pics:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The wellness thing is because for a business, steady but less profitable work is *way* more interesting to get since it makes (financial) planning that much easier. It's also easier for customers without health insurance for their pets. If there's no bullshit padding on the plan I'd definitely do that.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

evil_bunnY posted:

The wellness thing is because for a business, steady but less profitable work is *way* more interesting to get since it makes (financial) planning that much easier. It's also easier for customers without health insurance for their pets. If there's no bullshit padding on the plan I'd definitely do that.

It doesn't seem like there is anything too wacky included and yesterday;s visit would count towards the total at $160. I will probably go ahead with them, thanks.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

HungryMedusa posted:

Yeah, she is cute and knows it. She has some gremlin or Tasmanian devil in there, not sure which.

We took her to the vet today. This is a new vet to us - we moved in the last 5 years- and I bring my older dog to her vet who is farther away. The new vet quoted $600 for a spay but it becomes much less if you do their "wellness plan" that includes the spay plus all vacs and other services for a year for $70 a month. It seems scammy; should we go back to our old vet? I really liked the personnel at new vet and the convenience but the spay price and plan stuff is making me wary. It is an independent office and not a Banfield or anything like that either.

Anyhoo, puppy pics:

I just paid $65 for spay, $10 for rabies, and all the vacc's etc couldn't have been more than another $60. So I paid maybe $150 total for the full total new puppy treatment at the San Antonio Humane Society.
Maybe if you're just concerned about the initial spay, vacc's, etc. you should check out your local humane society's prices? And then maybe visit your local vet down the line for normal vet visits.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Dennis McClaren posted:

I just paid $65 for spay, $10 for rabies, and all the vacc's etc couldn't have been more than another $60. So I paid maybe $150 total for the full total new puppy treatment at the San Antonio Humane Society.
Maybe if you're just concerned about the initial spay, vacc's, etc. you should check out your local humane society's prices? And then maybe visit your local vet down the line for normal vet visits.

This isn't a bad idea, but I don't mind paying actual vet costs to a regular vet and saving the cheaper resources at the Humane Society for animals that might need it more than my dog. I just don't want to be ripped off.

I'm sill weighing options. Our old vet is cheaper, but maybe not much when you add in the other crap in the wellness plan.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
This is my new muttpuppy Bucky Barkes and his new best friend Pookie.

They've only known each-other about five days; this is going far better than I thought it would. :kimchi:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Freakbox posted:

This is my new muttpuppy Bucky Barkes and his new best friend Pookie.

They've only known each-other about five days; this is going far better than I thought it would. :kimchi:

Looks 100% pitbull tbh.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Youth Decay posted:

Looks 100% pitbull tbh.

That's a cat, dumbass.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

No tail!

I had two different people suggest Wisdom Panel to me this morning.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

The Jumpoff posted:

Your dog as a puppy looks freakishly like my dog. :haw:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
nice work with the modesty paw, dog.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 3, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dis fukken dawg

This is Chip, an Australian Shepherd...something or other that we got from the SPCA after someone dropped him and his entire litter off in a basket. Their loss - I have had dogs all my life and have never had a buddy as true blue as Chip. Super easy to train, very socially motivated, and has a weird amount of sense for a dog. I took him over to my dad's garage one time and he just hung out the entire day. He'd give the big power tools like the table saws a good 5 feet of respectful distance but was not scared of them at all; dad said he's the best shop dog he's ever seen.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Coolguye posted:

dad said he's the best shop dog he's ever seen.

Every dog is the best "something" dog in at least one category.

Our current Poodleacallit is the best Car Dog I have ever had. She just hops right in, takes a free spot and enjoys the ride. But even after 7 years, she has still not figured out centripital force or acceleration. She will fall over the moment you start to turn if she is standing or even sitting up. But if you yell "Brakes" or "Turn", she will drop to her belly and ride it out.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Puppers, Attorney At Law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Every dog is the best "something" dog in at least one category.

Our current Poodleacallit is the best Car Dog I have ever had. She just hops right in, takes a free spot and enjoys the ride. But even after 7 years, she has still not figured out centripital force or acceleration. She will fall over the moment you start to turn if she is standing or even sitting up. But if you yell "Brakes" or "Turn", she will drop to her belly and ride it out.

Sounds like it's your fault for not giving her advance warning like you're supposed to :colbert:.

Coolguye posted:

dis fukken dawg

That fukken dog is a great fukken dog :allears:.