Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: ...

I'm starting to feel this strange chill... Well, it obviously must be from hunger.

: What...time is it...now?

I sat up much slower than usual, then headed straight to the lounge.

: Hm...

6:30 a.m... It's a miracle I was able to wake up. As I recall, it's bad if we don't gather at Grape Tower by 7:00 a.m.

: I don't expect much from Monokuma, but I guess I should go for now.

: Sonia's still on the 2nd floor with us.

: Hajime, do you remember our promise?
: Promise...? You mean continuing your lecture on the Three Laws of Robotics?
: It is only proper that I keep our promise, so I shall explain!

Well...I guess I'll let her talk...

: First, let us review! The first law is safety, the second law is obedience, and the third law is self-defense, correct? Now...regarding the second law of obedience, it is possible for it to conflict with the first law.
: ...Conflict? Ah, I see... If a robot was ever ordered to harm a human, huh.
: Correctamundo!

...Please don't say that again.

: In any event, it is said that robots do not necessarily need to obey the second law.
: Regardless, The Three Laws of Robotics are quite abstract, so there are a lot of other issues...

Seriously...why does Sonia know so much about this? Do all royalty possess such forbidden knowledge...?

: Akane's hanging out by the Sakura "Ogre" statue.

: Akane...what are you doing here?
: Well...I've been thinking about this statue.
: It's not alive or anything but it has a strong aura. I can't think of it as a regular human aura. This thing might be the most powerful creature on the island...

: Yessssss! That sure gets me goin'!
: Is this...a person? The nameplate says "Ogre," so isn't this a statue of an ogre?
: Ogre or whatever, it's fine as long as it's strong!
: Oh, it looks like it's almost time. I'll head over to Grape Tower first. *leaves*

Is she thinking about fighting the strongest creature on the island?

: Chiaki's also down here, off to the side.

: Good morning, Chiaki. Are you going to Grape Tower?

Huh? She walked by me without even replying...

: Hey Chiaki?

: ...Ah, I was sleeping.

You were sleeping!?

: I-Isn't it dangerous...to sleepwalk?
: Don't fall asleep while I'm asking that!
: I'll be fine...I think...
: You don't look fine at all... Want to go to Grape Tower together?
: I feel...fine...I think... *leaves*

...Is she really okay?

: Let's head on in.

Everyone who gathered here had pale faces...

: Man, I'm tired... I'm seriously...so tired...
: Stop complaining... You're bringing me down...
: But I'm exhausted... Not only can we not eat food, but we're being force to come here early in the morning...
: This isn't about just you... We're all getting screwed here.

: But we're getting screwed the most... Obviously we're more tired than everyone else...! I mean, we had to take the contact elevator to get here from Strawberry House. So we had to walk all the way from Strawberry Hall to the elevator, and then walk all the way over here! The longer you walk, the more calories you burn! So obviously we're more tired than you guys...!

: Stop whining!
: Tch, you're fine... You don't have to worry about getting hungry since you're a robot...
: I'm in a similar situation... I left my charger inside my cottage...

: Man, you guys are already starting to brag about how unhealthy you are...
: You've got a lot of nerve coming here...!
: N-Now that we have all gathered here so early in the morning, what do you intend to make us do this time?

: I just want everyone to be healthy again.
: ...Healthy?
: You're losing your drive because you're burning rubber down the Unhealthy Highway, right?
: I'm offering this service so that you can all feel healthy again! Sooooo...

: From this day forward, I'd like you to make Monokuma Tai Chi part of your daily routine every morning!
: ...M-Monokuma Tai Chi?
: All right, start the music!

: Make optimal use...of earth's gravity...and release yourself...from the tension of your conscious self...
: Hei! Sei! Tou!
: Control your breathing...slowly and softly... Move as if you're drawing a circle...
: Ha! Tou! Ya!
: Naturally...just as you are...relax...your body and mind...

Th-This...is clearly affecting my hunger...! ...Why exactly do we have to do this?

: Hey, over there! Don't dawdle!

: Phew, we sure worked up a good sweat! Staying healthy is definitely super important!
: Oh gently caress off... We did a bunch of pointless exercise thanks to you, and now we're hungrier than ever...!
: I...can't...move...
: The road to good health is not an easy one! It might be painful, but we'll do this again tomorrow! Unless something big happens, I won't allow any tardies or absences. Make sure you remember that! *leaves*

: Y-You intend...to keep making us do this...!?
: Guys...I don't think I'm gonna last till tomorrow.
: E-Enough already... How much longer...is this going to last...?
: Didn't he say...until the killing starts?

: It seems the plausibility of those words is finally starting to affect us... If this persists any longer, it wouldn't surprise me if something really did happen...
: I-I don't wanna die...in a place like this... If I'm gonna die in a place like this, I-I might as well...!
: Wh-What are you saying!? Calm down!

: I can't loving calm down!
: There's no food... There's no way to escape... If this goes on...everyone's gonna starve to death...
: Wait! Are you telling us to just wait until we starve to death!?

Music cuts out.

: ...I'd rather...have that happen to us...than have our friends kill each other...

: ...Huh? Do you mean that you'd rather die?
: I-I got it... You're just saying that because you're the traitor!
: ...What!?
: You're planning to make us all weak...so you can kill us all!
: Wh-What are you saying...!?
: Fess up! You've been secretly getting food from your Future Foundation buddies, haven't you!?
: I-I swear...you better...!

: STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
: ...!

: Making a scene is just going to make us hungrier. So...let's just calm down for now.
: You're right...even if you guys fight, our situation isn't going to change.
: Wait to die from impending starvation... Or wait for someone to kill someone else before that happens... At any rate, it's a rather difficult situation.
: Which is the true hope...? I'll just follow what everyone else decides...
: If you're going to choose, you should hurry. The longer we keep waiting, the closer we get to death!

The conversation...ended there. It seems nobody had the energy to keep talking or arguing. So...we silently left Grape Tower.

I'm just standing...but I feel dizzy... My sense of balance is off... It's life I'm in a rocking boat or something.

: That doesn't mean...I should just stay put...

If I just leave this matter alone, something bad might happen... It's not like I'm worried but...I should go see how everyone's doing.

: The situation here is getting so dire that even the happy Free Times music has been swapped out for something more foreboding...
: We have two Free Times to do today. Kazuichi is pissed at us and Nekomaru and Chiaki are both unavailable for some reason. We've finished Sonia and Nagito's full set of events, so our choices are limited. Akane's a possibility. Gundham is also available to us and we even have a few events done with him already. But...

: Chapter 4 is actually the first time in the whole game that we can do Fuyuhiko's Free Time Events. Up through Chapter 2 he's still hostile to us and in Chapter 3, he's not out of the hospital by the time the Free Times that chapter ended. So I think it's worthwhile to spend some time with him.

: T-Tai Chi...!? Is he fuckin' serious...!?

What should I do? Should I invite Fuyuhiko to hang out?

> Invite Fuyuhiko to hang out

: I'm just gonna tell you right now, hanging out with someone like me isn't all that fun.

I spent time today talking to Fuyuhiko... Looks like Fuyuhiko and I grew a little closer...

> Definitely!

Non-Alcoholic Wine: A refreshing drink that contains no alcohol. It tastes more like sour grape juice than actual wine.

: So you're trying to suck up to me? ...Do you really think I take bribes?
: W-Well...it's fine if I accept this from you.
: This present has a Good rating.

: Hey Fuyuhiko... How's that wound on your stomach doing?
: I-It's fine... Nothing to worry about.
: I thought you'd say that. You must have abnormally strong willpower to actually slice open your own stomach like that... Then again, you are the Ultimate Yakuza.
: Hmph... I just have yakuza blood flowing in my veins. There's nothing strong about that.

: You know...I did somethinking about this when I was in the hospital... Like, maybe...this is all a dream...
: A dream, huh... How great would that be...? Ah...sorry. Obviously you'd be thinking about that more than I would.
: That's not true. I've seen plenty of people die up till now. And as long as I'm burdened with the Kuzuryu name, I'll always be dealing with a mountain of bodies...
: But...you guys aren't like me. It's a sick joke to see students who live honest lives bumping each other off like this...

This guy has always known violence and death... I see... He's used to it...

: ...Are you scared to talk to me?
: Huh?
: There's no need to hide it. I'm used to being treated with caution by everyone.
: The world is a barbaric place. Especially my world... Everyone I know tries to settle things with violence. You guys have different values than I do...

: My old man likes to say, "Predators are always stronger than their prey." He's a hothead. Even if it's just a minor argument, he'll come at you with everything he's got. And when him and my mom fight, she seriously tries to kill him. "Being a yakuza means you can even kill the man you love to get your point across!"
: ...I've been hearing stuff like that since before I was old enough to understand what's going on around me.

Th-That's a...pretty outrageous home life. The worlds we both live in couldn't be more different.

: There were a few times where I nearly got killed in the aftermath of my parents' fights...

: But...whenever something like that happened... Peko was always there by my side...
: Ah...I'm sorry... I made you remember something painful...
: What? You don't need to apologize for that, you strange bastard. ...But still, I'm the rightful successor of the Kuzuryu Clan. I don't get overwhelmed very easily.
: Heh, by the time I was in the second grade, I didn't cry even if I lost a fight.
: I-I see... Good for you.
: Good for me...? Don't treat me like a kid.

I don't really know what else to say to him...

...Anyway, it's not much but I am starting to get to know Fuyuhiko a little better.

After talking to Fuyuhiko about some other things, I parted ways with him and returned to my room.

There should still be time for me to move around more freely... But what should I do...?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

rannum posted:

The worst Sakura got was a sick boyfriend.

That's because Sakura is the only character in the game who had her character development before the plot started.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, it feels more like this Monokuma just wants people to die, instead of getting the self-satisfaction of creating a situation where people could live but make the decision to kill.

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010
It seems like whoever is behind Monokuma in this game is a lot more about the killing for its own sake, I don't think Junko would have resorted to something like this situation. It seems to go against everything she tried to prove. I remember that in the first game, the bad ending had the survivors living in the school for years.

We just had three people die too, but it seems like whoever is behind Monokuma is desperate to speed up the killing.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's weird, yeah. If this was DR1, Hajime's idea for everyone to starve and die together instead of killing each other might have some merit. Like it would've been a tremendous gently caress you to Monokuma's plans to tarnish the image of the Ultimates.

And I forgot, but was there a rule against breaking down doors or walls? Like could they maybe get Mechamaru to lift one of those pillars and smash it against a wall? Or maybe have him pry open the door to the contact elevator and see if they can find a shaft that leads outside?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

amigolupus posted:

It's weird, yeah. If this was DR1, Hajime's idea for everyone to starve and die together instead of killing each other might have some merit. Like it would've been a tremendous gently caress you to Monokuma's plans to tarnish the image of the Ultimates.

And I forgot, but was there a rule against breaking down doors or walls? Like could they maybe get Mechamaru to lift one of those pillars and smash it against a wall? Or maybe have him pry open the door to the contact elevator and see if they can find a shaft that leads outside?

He wasn't even willing to pull on a door handle sort of hard in one of the most recent updates.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

There's a rule against Vandalism, and breaking down walls or doors would count in Monokuma's book. How Ibuki got away with breaking Hajime's lock, I don't know.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Robindaybird posted:

There's a rule against Vandalism, and breaking down walls or doors would count in Monokuma's book. How Ibuki got away with breaking Hajime's lock, I don't know.

Because like all rules, it is selectively enforced depending on whether or not the enforcing authority cares.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: One more Free Time today. We're gonna spend it with Fuyuhiko again but I randomly decided to check in with Akane and see how she's doing.

: ...She's not doing so good.

: Fuyuhiko's hanging out in the lounge in Strawberry House.

: Dammit... I...won't give in so easily...!

What should I do? Should I invite Fuyuhiko to hang out?

> Invite Fuyuhiko to hang out

: Sorry... Looks like I made you worry...

I spent time with Fuyuhiko today taking my mind off things. Looks like Fuyuhiko and I grew a little closer...

> Definitely!

Many-Sided Dice Set: A full set of dice consisting of a d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and a d20. Created to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the world-famous tabletop RPG: Mazes and Monsters.

: So you're trying to suck up to me? ...Do you really think I take bribes?
: W-Well...it's fine if I accept this from you.
: This present has a Good rating.

: Hey Hajime...
: Ah, never mind. It's nothing.
: Huh? Now I want to know.

: Wh-What...? Mind your own business... I'm just...you know...looking for something...
: ...I mean, shut the gently caress up! It's not like I'm looking for anything!

He seems strangely on edge...

: Dammit, if I just had that, I wouldn't feel so pissed off... But someone's always at the market, so I can't just calm down and go look for it...
: poo poo... I feel like I'm going through withdrawal or something...

He's starting to sound a little dangerous...but this means there's something he wants, right? What in the world is Fuyuhiko looking for...?

> Something sweet

: I'm pretty sure this is wrong but...do you want to eat something sweet?

: H-How do you know that...!?

What? I seriously got that right?

: If you tell anyone about that, I'm gonna bury you next to that mountain over there!
: Y-You don't have to be so angry... I like sweet things, too. Um... Sweet things calm your nerves, and they also nourish your brain... So...it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

: B-But still... It'd be embarrassing if anyone knew that the heir to the Kuzuryu Clan likes eating fried dough cookies...
: I like fried dough cookies, too. They taste best when you eat them with milk...!

: ...Hey, you bastard!
: Never, ever say that again...
: Huh? Fried dough cookies?
: No! The other one!
: Oh, mi--
: Didn't you hear what I just said!? I'll seriously fuckin' bury you!

This is bad... His eyes look real intense... I've never seen anyone get so mad over milk.

: Dammit... If only my guts were stronger...even I could've... poo poo... I want to swallow it all in one gulp, you know. But...with my height...

But...he really doesn't have to be so hostile toward milk. There are other ways to get calcium... I don't know if this is a good time to say something like that, though...

: Ah! you laughed, didn't you!?
: N-No I didn't!
: No...you're definitely laughing! It doesn't show on your face but I can tell you're laughing on the inside.
: Dammit...I won't let you forget this! *leaves*

Fuyuhiko mumbled under his breath as he walked away in a hurry...

...Well, that was an unexpected side of Fuyuhiko. When he talks like that, it's like he's a completely normal guy for his age... In face...

...Oops. It might be dangerous to even think about completing that thought.

After watching Fuyuhiko leave, I returned to my room.

: ...It's no use...

I think...I've reached my limit... I'm hungry...

I'm hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry...

If this keeps going...

If this keeps going...until I die...

: ...! Wh-What am I thinking!?

No...if I stay locked up in this place any longer, I'm seriously going to go crazy...!

Exit... I need to find the exit...!

Where is it...? Where is the exit...?

: Dammit! Where the gently caress is the exit!?

: The Final Dead Room is a challenge given to you by Headmaster Monokuma! Only those who win the Life-Threatening Game that occurs in this room will be able to reach the Octagon, the fabled holy land where the Ultimate Weapon sleeps!
: Now then, if you're feeling heroic and you're willing to risk your life to continue living. You should challenge the Final Dead Room!

: That's it... There's still that place... Nobody...has gone inside there yet...

That "Life-Threatening Game" is just another one of Monokuma's lies... It's possible the the exit is on the other side of that door!

: That's right...that's definitely it... Then...I should go...
: ...I should go to the Final Dead Room.

I have barely any energy left. I can't even...run decently...

: To hammer home how weak Hajime is feeling, you actually can't run anymore. Even with the analog stick at full tilt, Hajime can only slowly shuffle along.

: Akane and Nekomaru are down on the 1st floor.

: Dammit...I lost again... I just can't unleash my power when I'm this hungry...
: Ha, what a pity... I still haven't gotten serious yet!
: Regardless, if I ever decide to get serious with this body, you won't even last a second!
: Yeah right...! Let's train one more time!

I can't believe they're going at it right now... Is it okay for them to burn their energy like this?

: You better not...exert yourself too much. You haven't eaten in a while, after all.
: D-Don't remind me... I was...finally able to forget about food...
: Well, you're really lucky since you can still live even if you don't eat...

: Anyway...since you have that body now... Does that mean you can do "it" with electricity? Do "it" to me with electricity... Won't "it" feel so much more amazin' with electricity than with your bare hands?

: Gahaha! I guess I have no choice! When I'm done with you, your body won't be able to live without "it"! *both leave*

...I don't even have the energy or willpower to say anything anymore.

As I wobbled and tripped over my own feet, I couldn't help placing both hands on the wall to brace myself.

: I-If I win the Life-Threatening Game here... I'll...be able to go to that Octagon place, right...?

That's...where the exit should be!

I did it...I finally did it... I finally figured out where the exit is...

: I can get out! With this, I can finally get out!

Music cuts out.

: ...You can't do that.

: You shouldn't go in there. You...won't find what you're looking for.
: Th-That's not true, Chiaki! The exit's going to be here!
: ...There is no exit. All that's there...is the Life-Threatening Game. Even if you clear it, you'll only obtain the weapon that Monokuma prepared... Do you want the weapon? What are you planning to do once you obtain it?
: ...Do you need it?
: You had this intense, worried look on your face while you were walking, so I followed you... It looks like I made the right choice.

: Let's go back, Hajime... Okay?

Chiaki and I went back to Grape House together.

The weaker my body gets, the less sense everything seems to make...

We're on the verge of starving to death and there's no way to escape... Is it really okay to just lay here and take it? Or...

This morning, I couldn't help feeling angry...that I said what I said in front of everyone, but... I...I don't really think that it's okay if we end up starving to death...

: I need to do something... I need...to do...something...soon...

And then...all of a sudden... I began to feel faint, and lost consciousness...

No Music.

*KA-BLAM!*

: Hm...?

How long was I asleep...?

I regained my consciousness a little after hearing a faint rumble in the distance.

: What...was that sound just now...? Was it...an earthquake...?

But...I didn't feel the ground move...

: Maybe...I'm just...confused...

And as soon as I mumbled that...

A feeling of exhaustion that filled me with ambivalence toward everything began to overpower my body...

And once again...I sank into the depths of unconsciousness.

: I had been gaming all night until the wee hours of the morning when I decided to go to the convenience store... There, I saw some guy with good looks, fancy clothes, nice shoes, and a shiny expensive car...
: Tch... There's no way a guy like that actually exists... He really lives in a rundown apartment, and all he has is his pride cuz he doesn't have a stable job or money... But he wants to show off so much that he's forcing himself to do that... From morning till noon, he carries around boxes and furniture for his moving job... And at night, he works at a bar and serves big mugs of beer! But even with that, he still doesn't have enough money so he sponges off his parents back home!
: As that fantasy played in my mind in front of the convenience store, I started to feel bad.
: ...About myself.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 8, 2017

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hahahahahahahaha

Lactose intolerant yakuza.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
That sure sounded more like a gunshot than an earthquake.

Good thing Hajime didn't go into that room then!

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 7, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Things are bad when even the player character is starting to sound like Akane. I think that loud bang sound probably means someone is dead now. Monobear killed them. That's my vote for the killer. I'm not joking.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Hajime doesnt even get outta bed for less than a 6.1

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
How long have they been trapped in there? Like three days? Why is a healthy 18 year old loving passing out from starvation at this point?

I mean I know it's not shown but presumably they've got water to drink.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
"Healthy" is relative in what is, in psychological terms, still the immediate aftermath of four murders, three executions, and two permanent and severe injuries, and the continuation of an enormous amount of stress over what I think at this point is something like two weeks?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Well, there is Monokuma Tai Chi. They can't conserve their energy, Monokuma is exacerbating the situation.

Also not eating for three days sucks! I was 19 the time I did it, and I had a seizure. Would not recommend.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I get dizzy if I don't eat for 8 hours, and I'm not suffering from a fuckload of psychological stress and forced to exercise on an empty stomach, it's quite feasible he'd be passing out as stress can make you quite ill.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's pretty depressing to watch ultimate starvation.
Not even Hiyoko or Teruteru would deserve this.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

They kind of gloss over it, probably so they don't have to acknolwedge the bathroom and running water, but I'm guessing there's some dehydration going on

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How does Chiaki know what's in the room?

...oh, dear.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Glazius posted:

How does Chiaki know what's in the room?

...oh, dear.

I mean, Monobear told them.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

On top of the starvation and extreme stress, Monobear is also loving with their perception of time. They're being forced to wake up at random times, there are no windows and the only way to tell time is the clocks that Monobear can presumably manipulate at will. Yes there's also Nekomaru's internal clock, but he's probably not the kind of guy to notice or be concerned about something like the clocks changing if no one asks him. It's possible that they are feeling the effects of the starvation more because as far as they know they've been in there for longer than they really have.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's pretty depressing to watch ultimate starvation.
Not even Hiyoko or Teruteru would deserve this.

Would you say that it causes Despair?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like that Chiaki talked Hajime down from going into that room. Things are looking pretty bad so having someone who keeps a cool head like her is a blessing.

rannum posted:

They kind of gloss over it, probably so they don't have to acknolwedge the bathroom and running water, but I'm guessing there's some dehydration going on

Don't forget the juice and tea coming from Mechamaru! :v: Admittedly, I don't know if drinking sweet things at a time like this would cause more problems or not, but it feels like a small comfort at the very least.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
you didn't tell us the rating on ether present for Fuyuhiko in the last two updates.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Whoops! I've gone and added them in but so you don't have to scroll up and find them, both presents are Good ratings.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

My body won't move... This...has never happened to me before. I'm awake...but my body feels so heavy that I can't move. Also...it's really cold... Fiercely cold...as if the core of my body is getting numb... But...

: I need...to go to Grape Tower...

If I don't go...to Monokuma Tai Chi... Everyone will suffer...

Somehow I managed to muster what little strength I had left and crawled out of bed.

: What...time is it?

Though I felt incredibly weak from hunger, I managed to drag my heavy body to the lounge.

Ah, it's already...five minutes till 7:00 a.m.

I really don't want to waste my energy participating in that activity... But if I ignore Monokuma's rule... Everyone will get in trouble...not just me...

And...I don't even have the energy to complain...

: Let's go...to Grape Tower...

: Ah Hajime! Good morning!
: Sonia...you seem energetic...
: Hahahahahahaha.
: Wh-What's so funny...?
: My goodness Hajime...when did your face become Mont Blanc all of a sudden?

Sh-She's not energetic... She's extremely dangerous!

: Um...just the corner is fine, so...may I take a bite out of you?

: ...You'd get a stomachache.
: Oh my, now there's an adorable shortcake.
: I'm not a shortcake... I'm Chiaki.
: Chiaki, you too... Are you about to head over to Grape Tower?
: It's almost time. C'mon, if you're too slow, we'll be late.
: Yeah...you're right...

: Oh my, Hajime... Upon closer inspection, your face looks like a Sachertorte!
: Might I trouble you for a bite near the center? I shall repay the favor later!
: Sonia, get a grip on yourself...

: C'mon, we don't really have time to relax. If we don't hurry, we're gonna be late.
: Yeah, you're right.

Music fades out.

: Then...I'll press the button...

When I pressed the button, the door in front of me instantly opened...

It...was very sudden.

That's right, it's always sudden.

The door to despair...always opens suddenly.

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

On the other side of that door...

I saw the remains...of our friend.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Both betting pools have been updated. If you're so inclined, you can also add your guesses for who the killer is just for fun.

No-Spoilers Pool
Spoilers Pool

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Good to see this game getting a full LP after all this time.

FPzero posted:

Many-Sided Dice Set: A full set of dice consisting of a d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and a d20. Created to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the world-famous tabletop RPG: Mazes and Monsters.

: Mazes and Monsters is a far-out game. Swords, poison... spells... battles, maiming, killing...
: Hey, it's all imagination!
: ...Is it?

Edit: Aw poo poo, update. Poor Mechamaru was too cool to live after all.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 8, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I just hope for them that they get some food before the investigation - this is no state for anyone to do an investigation in, much less a trial.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
RIP Mechamaru, taken from us too soon.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'd bet money that this chapter, and the entire Mechamaru arc, exists for the sole reason that the artists wanted to draw one, just one crime scene without any pink.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. So if there are gravity shenanigans at play, we may have just technically killed Mechamaru. Of course, whoever tied him up in here is actually, like, responsible, because of the mastermind rule.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

noooo

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

No, Mechamaru! You were too young! TOO YOUNG!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
No, Mechamaru, we didn't deserve your delicious soda :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha there was no way it wasn't going to be Mechamaru. They wouldn't pass up the chance to draw ROBOT MURDER.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Plus, you know... as cool as Mechamaru is, I suspect his gimmick would have started to grate too much later if he'd remained. So all things considered, he's probably the best choice for next victim.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aww man, Mechamaru... :( I wanted him to make it to the end. I thought he was cool even in chapter 1, and he became cooler since he didn't let being turned into a robot get him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's the Ishimaru death all over again. :argh:

• Locked thread