Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do inkjets really need a nerf? They are really strong but they also make you extremely vulnerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Do inkjets really need a nerf? They are really strong but they also make you extremely vulnerable.

I'm fine with the exhaust being less lethel.

RIP Ink Armor though.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Splattershot 2, the game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lyn, on Squidboards posted:

Splatoon v1.3.0 Sept. 7th at 6am P.T. (changelog copied from /u/frozenpandaman on Reddit!)
Match/battle changes:

Changed the performance of some Special Weapons:
Sting Ray
+After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
+Default duration extended by 0.5 secs
Splashdown
+Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
+Increased the jump height by 31%
+Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
+Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown
Ink Storm
+Expanded radius by 13%
+Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons
Baller
+Knockback decreased
+Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
+Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
+Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
+Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
Ink Jet
-Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
-Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
-Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
Ink Armor
-Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
-When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)

Changed the performance of some Sub Weapons:
Sprinkler
Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
+Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank
Point Sensor
+Expanded radius by 20%
+Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
Splash Wall
+Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds
Squid Beakon
+Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank

Changed the performance of Main Weapons:
Tri-Slosher
-Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
-Range shortened by 9%

Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
.96 Gal
210 → 200
N-ZAP '85
200 → 190
E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope
190 → 170
Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica
180 → 170
Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber
180 → 160
Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica
170 → 160
Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica
180 → 190
Rapid Blaster
180 → 210
Tentatek Splattershot
210 → 230

Various battle fixes:
Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now dependent on points needed to charge (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time
Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard

Salmon Run:
Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish
Sting Ray + Stinger interaction issue fixed (can now hit all parts of body, not just pilot)
When using the Sting Ray on Grillers, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles) through the main body
In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places
Fixed an issue when two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, causing one of the players to be unable to pick up eggs in the following wave
Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped
Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker
Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players
Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time

Splatfest:
Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
Total: 24000 → 22500
Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked

Other changes:
When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen
Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection
Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used
Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

The Tri-Slosher has been defeated.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 7, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Splatfest:
Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
Total: 24000 → 22500

Looks like they want you to fill all 3 slots now before scrubbing since every slot is the same xp cost hooray

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 7, 2017

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

What the hell did they consider chunk farming an exploit?

It didn't help splatfest matchmaking to have people constantly jumping out to scrub the first slot over and over, this is a good change

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I read wrong they made each slot the exact same price

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The sting ray buff sounds cool on paper, thought they were just going to give it a targeting reticle or something

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
die tri-slosher dieeeeee

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lol time to go back to the tentatek splattershot or learn the sloshing machine

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Did I read that splashdown and string ray were getting a nerf in Salmon Run somehow? That section was a little vague for me, about adjusting the free special system.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Polish Avenger posted:

Did I read that splashdown and string ray were getting a nerf in Salmon Run somehow? That section was a little vague for me, about adjusting the free special system.

No, both got buffed and the buffs are carrying over to Salmon Run and one of the buffs winked at me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Polish Avenger posted:

More like the improvements are also translated to Salmon Run.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Honestly, this looks less like 'don't farm chunks' and more 'don't hop out constantly'. It's now better to do all three before scrubbing, but it's still good to use the shirt to farm chunks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't 52 damage still a two hit kill.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Yeah, but it gives a bit more leeway to survive the first hit if you've been hit by something else/ stepped in ink.

e:Is there damage drop off on it? because the 10 point drop might be significant for that.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 7, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

In Training posted:

The trislosher also gets damage dropoff attacking from above so this now turns that into a three hit kill if they are high enough.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sploosh-O-Matic special gets a slight buff, Tri-Slosher gets a (much deserved) nerf :getin:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 7, 2017

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Keiya posted:

Honestly, this looks less like 'don't farm chunks' and more 'don't hop out constantly'. It's now better to do all three before scrubbing, but it's still good to use the shirt to farm chunks.

It's still a nerf to chunk farming since it went from 4k exp per chunk to 7.5k exp.
It also takes 22.5k exp to fill, compared to 18k and 21k exp for one slot and two slot gear, so it's only benefit really is that it's cheap to scrub. You are probably better off shoving two snails into some one slot gear and farming chunks with that.

Also, I just had the easiest Salmon Runs of my life, I don't know if all the bad players suddenly decided to not play or if this weapon set is somehow really good but it was almost only victories straight to both superbonuses. Only round 1 one loss was naturally the Grillers. I somehow so far have gotten the charger in every single Griller round for quite while, I don't know what the gently caress but seriously, only chargers on Griller. Which would be nice except my teammates are apparently religiously opposed to killing the smallfry.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places

Goodbye only Salmonid friend. :(

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Yah but now they can't burst bomb you + splash you and kill you immediately

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Escobarbarian posted:

die tri-slosher dieeeeee

I can still beat y'all with 55 damage instead of 65 B)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah you just can't instantly blow someone up with a slosh and the splash damage from a burst bomb. I don't know what the range nerf will do but I suspect it'll still be good.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 7, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zelder posted:

Yah but now they can't burst bomb you + splash you and kill you immediately

boooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Time to learn the Rapid Blaster

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Burst bomb still does 60 on a direct hit so you can still kill people in 1 slosh/1 bomb, you just gotta aim.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Burst bomb still does 60 on a direct hit so you can still kill people in 1 slosh/1 bomb, you just gotta aim.

*booing intensifies*

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Something something ink armor, bubble blower TURF WAR TIME!

http://i.imgur.com/7zeS323.mp4

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't understand this part

quote:

Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now dependent on points needed to charge (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't understand this part

I think that means it's a percentage rather than a fixed number of points per second.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The splash damage wasn't enough to splat an Inkling even with the old Tri-Slosher damage.

The damage nerf is very huge though. Now you have to kill your target in direct combat. Before, if your target got away and you try to chase them down, they would have to recover 25 HP in order to reach 2 hit kill territory for the Tri-Slosher. Now it's only 5 HP. Still, it'll make this weapon a lot less easy to pick up. I suspect that players that are already good with it will still be good, they just have to play more carefully. All in all, these changes will probably bring it down in line with the other weapons.

Holy poo poo, RIP Inkjet. That is a huge nerf to it. And that was the most ridiculous part of the Tentatek Splattershot's kit, so that should bring that weapon down to reasonable levels as well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zoran posted:

I think that means it's a percentage rather than a fixed number of points per second.

Right, but when does this happen? e: I'm a loving moron, do special gauges just charge up passively?

Dr. Fetus posted:

The splash damage wasn't enough to splat an Inkling even with the old Tri-Slosher damage.

Minimum splash damage on the burst bomb is 25, but if you land it close enough you can do 35.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I like the changes to the baller since that is wayyyy too easy to defend against as-is. Larger explosion radius and more damage is good. Plus the knockback was crazy on it.

Also, much love for this stupid, simple change:

quote:

When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mahoning posted:

Also, much love for this stupid, simple change:

Oh god I forgot how annoying that was. Now if they could show me how many ticket charges I have before I re-queue...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Right, but when does this happen? e: I'm a loving moron, do special gauges just charge up passively?

If you're on the Tower it fills constantly. Other than that I'm not sure. It also fills after a respawn but that's because of your SPecial Saver attribute, I doubt that would be affected.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr Cheeto posted:

It charges passively when the enemy is in control of the objective in ranked modes.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh god I forgot how annoying that was. Now if they could show me how many ticket charges I have before I re-queue...

At least it shows you how much money you had when you were, say, spending 20,000 to scrub some slots (but not until you are asked whether you want to spend that). But if you were rerolling or adding slots it never actually showed you at any point how many sea snails you have.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

In Training posted:

If you're on the Tower it fills constantly. Other than that I'm not sure. It also fills after a respawn but that's because of your SPecial Saver attribute, I doubt that would be affected.

There's an item thing that fills your special gauge if your team has less active players than theirs. Could be that.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

throw to first drat IT posted:

It's still a nerf to chunk farming since it went from 4k exp per chunk to 7.5k exp.
It also takes 22.5k exp to fill, compared to 18k and 21k exp for one slot and two slot gear, so it's only benefit really is that it's cheap to scrub.

...Being cheap to scrub has always been the only benefit of chunk farming with the splatfest tee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

raditts posted:

...Being cheap to scrub has always been the only benefit of chunk farming with the splatfest tee.

Truth. I need to force myself to go a week without scrubbing just for the coin bank.