Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How well does that work with reheating? I've always wanted to get those rotisserie chickens but I never know what I'd do with all of it. If you reheat it in the microwave does it get really dry?

What do you do with the leftovers of that thing?

Easiest option: Make chicken salad and put it on rolls for lunch. Or mix with barbecue sauce and make sandwiches out of that.

Other options with varying degrees of difficulty:
  • Pasta and some kind of cream sauce (lemon cream sauce,cream sauce with fresh basil, Parmesan cream sauce, the choice is yours) . Mix in leftover chicken. If you don't have cooking skills, you can buy a bag of frozen pasta + sauce combo (or frozen risotto) and just toss the chicken in with that after it's mostly done cooking.
  • Chicken pot pie
  • Chicken and dumplings
  • quesadillas (I make this recipe for quesadillas with a mole sauce a lot https://tinyurl.com/yb9rgjn6 )
  • Chicken noodle soup (or other soups, like chicken tortilla soup)
  • Burritos or enchiladas
  • white chicken chili
  • pretend it's 1950, and put it in a casserole with rice, peas, carrots and cream-of-whatever soup

I've been a Costco non-believer for a long time, but I got the membership deal from Groupon, and the chicken alone is mostly responsible for making me reconsider my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The CostCo Membership pays for itself the first time I buy allergy pills.

That everything else is of tremendous value and high quality... they should have sent a poet...

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I get a 1/4 pound all beef hotdog with drink and refill for $1.50 about half the time I go to Costco. My wife didn't understand why until I gave her a bite of my dog (but just the tip because she's a celiac and can't eat the bun) and now she knows.

:discourse:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I get a 1/4 pound all beef hotdog with drink and refill for $1.50 about half the time I go to Costco. My wife didn't understand why until I gave her a bite of my dog (but just the tip because she's a celiac and can't eat the bun) and now she knows.

:discourse:

I always make women believers with the "just the tip" line too.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm slightly disappointed that my local Costco has stopped carrying the 2 lb. 2-packs of Kirkland plain nonfat greek yogurt. They now carry single 3 lb. tubs of organic plain nonfat greek yogurt, which makes my life slightly difficult as I now need to portion it out for my breakfast in the morning rather than eat straight from the tub. Also, the price is the same as the 2-packs so it's less of a value.

However, it is surprisingly more delicious than the previous non-organic variety.

PBUC.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Was a good lunch today. Visited the local and bought a case of bottled water for disc golfing. Grabbed 2 dogs with kraut on the way out. Went across the street to Best Buy and picked up my pre-order of Destiny 2.

Got back to work and realize that I forgot to get gas. Guess I am going back there after work to fill up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
We need to send Costco a clear message, gently caress the organic lobby and idiot mom blogs who keep them going.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Mnemosyne posted:

I've been a Costco non-believer for a long time

Atone

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The Midniter posted:

I'm slightly disappointed that my local Costco has stopped carrying the 2 lb. 2-packs of Kirkland plain nonfat greek yogurt. They now carry single 3 lb. tubs of organic plain nonfat greek yogurt, which makes my life slightly difficult as I now need to portion it out for my breakfast in the morning rather than eat straight from the tub. Also, the price is the same as the 2-packs so it's less of a value.

However, it is surprisingly more delicious than the previous non-organic variety.

PBUC.

If you buy a lot of plain greek yogurt you should try making your own. It's really easy to do if you have a crock pot. A gallon of milk yields two quarts of the thickest yogurt, plus pure whey runoff that you can use however you want. I haven't tried it with nonfat; not sure how that would work though.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

I split a dog with my kid today, am I absolved?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got a Costco dog but the onion device was out of onion

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

I want to print this out as a religious tract and give it to the heathens who purchase their dogs elsewhere. Too bad the Chick tract guy died a few months back, imagine an illistrated version showing those who eat the Devil's dogs go straight to hell but you can be redeemed by eating St. Jim Sinegar's $1.50 manna from heaven with refill. PBUC.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like the organic stuff, it's real cheap

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
organic is trash for idiots

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Actually it's tasty

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Sometimes organic stuff does taste better but it's usually because of some other factor (like organic beef and dairy coming from grass fed cows, it's because they're grass fed not because the grass was fertilized with their poo poo instead of factory fertilizer).

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The greek yogurt is so good because all I'm harvesting right now are cucumbers and dill sprigs, meaning my food pyramid is full of tzatziki. :getin:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Lady today in front of me went to the register to try and pay for 35 dollars worth of gas with a check and expired member card.

Cashier put her off to the side and rung me up.

PBUC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

organic is trash for idiots

Also organic chicken tastes way better.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Also organic chicken tastes way better.

maybe, but only to what they are fed, and could easily be nonorganic feed as well.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I have joined the Costco cult membership via my company that provides the 1st year for free. I had a membership to Sam's club and don't remember ever being as in love with them as I am with Costco.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

The greek yogurt is so good because all I'm harvesting right now are cucumbers and dill sprigs, meaning my food pyramid is full of tzatziki. :getin:
incidentally you can sculpt a nice food pyramid out of chilled tzatziki

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I do wish Costco carried certain brands, though. I have to buy my Mitchum deodorant, Ivory soap, and Breath Savers mints elsewhere. And I heard a rumor Sam's Club carries Rao's pasta sauce (magnificent quality sauce, better than many Italian restaurants, but very expensive) in big bottles at a very good discount. It would be nice to be able to get Rao's at Costco too, since they often carry "upscale" brands, but what are you gonna do?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

:circlefap:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You know what tastes better than organic chicken?

A motherfukin' Costco rotisserie chicken b1yotch!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Pretty sure Costco used to sell Mitchum. It makes me sad knowing I have to go to Walmart for one measly item :(

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pretty sure Costco used to sell Mitchum. It makes me sad knowing I have to go to Walmart for one measly item :(

The one by me never has, not since I've been a member (2009-ish). I stock up on the two-packs at Target and get Ivory soap there too, which is strangely becoming harder to find everywhere.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

My Costco stopped selling the purple mouthwash, they don't have my deodorant, or the soap I like. My faith is being tested.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My costco (DC) has Rao's sauce but I don't need an excuse to eat useless carbs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I can't get something at Costco; for food I'll go to a local grocery store like Meijer or for other stuff I'll go to Target.

gently caress Walmart.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Costco hasn't brought back the pineapple-habanero sauce I like so much, and I've checked multiple stores.

I'm thinking about those dogs, but also how many bodies I'll have to pile to the sky to get my sauce back.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My Optical Dept giving me that trial hookup with the independent optometrist while also getting me a good deal on HydraGlide, and then also getting another bag of that kettle corn? PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

C. Everett Koop posted:

Costco hasn't brought back the pineapple-habanero sauce I like so much, and I've checked multiple stores.

I'm thinking about those dogs, but also how many bodies I'll have to pile to the sky to get my sauce back.

I didn't like that sause very much. It might not come back...

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think that pineapple sauce was around earlier in grilling season.

They didn't have Mateo's salsa at Costco! :argh:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

PBUC for the dissent in this case.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2017/09/07/15-10621.pdf

quote:

This is a green light for the police to search anyone’s property based on what officers subjectively believe—or claim to believe—about someone’s everyday conduct. That puts all of us at risk. Accordingly, I dissent, and I’m off to Costco to buy some food.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

quote:

The majority deems it “unlikely that Faagai and John Penitani met at the Kapolei Costco to shop for food” because there was another Costco much closer to downtown Honolulu. But as savvy shoppers know, not all Costcos are the same. For example, the Kapolei location is twenty years newer than its downtown Honolulu counterpart, and features a “fresh deli.”

Ok which one of you is a Judge in a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Wow I am all for Meth dealers to go to jail but those cops didn't have any proof of anything and just made poo poo up all over the place.

I would be mad too if I know I didn't commit a robbery and a cop pulled me over LYING and saying my truck matched a description of a robbery.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Ok which one of you is a Judge in a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Kozinski

I wish he was still on the bench. Maybe we can run into him at the food court :v:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The majority of these boneless skinless chicken breasts do not seem to be sealed. Every time I defrost them, chicken juice everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

The Hambulance posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Kozinski

I wish he was still on the bench. Maybe we can run into him at the food court :v:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel,_Inc._v._MCA_Records,_Inc.

The lawsuit filed by Mattel was dismissed by the lower courts, and this dismissal was upheld. Mattel requested review by the Supreme Court of the United States, but its petition for certiorari was denied.[4] In 2002, Judge Alex Kozinski ruled the song was protected as a parody under the trademark doctrine of nominative use and the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. He also threw out the defamation lawsuit that Aqua's record company filed against Mattel. Kozinski concluded his ruling by saying, "The parties are advised to chill."[5][6] The case was dismissed.

If I ever see this guy at the food court his dog and 20oz drink with refill is on me!

edit: He's still on the bench at the Ninth