Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Javes posted:

Uh my dude the streaks in this game might be the worst in CoD history.

True. The bomb one controls terribly and it seems really really easy to avoid the majority of these kill streaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Night before last, I was running care package, and literally the only loving streak I got that night from it was the strafing run, and it's loving CRAP.

It actually takes longer to wind up than you get to shoot the guns for it.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 4, 2017

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
My take on cod ww2 is that it has a great netcode (fixed on saturday for me), good gun sounds, good gunplay and...that's pretty much it for me.
The gun balance heavily favors SMGs due to the 4 maps we had to deal with, in which only one (aachen) made smg fall out of favor for snipers. Corner whoring is incredibly potent and you should do it at all times with the PPSH. The maps were frankly almost all loving terrible, the only one I enjoyed being Trenches (and even then most people hate it as well).

The killstreaks are all bloody terrible and I hope they announce SOMETHING to make them more unique and fun to use. The recon plane dies incredibly quickly, the molotov should've been in the grenade slot, the mortars are okay but boring to use, the artillery is loving useless and takes TOO LONG to land, the strafing run is too short, requires multiple hits and is hard to aim. All we're left with is flamethrower (which still gets you killed but does clear a room quickly), the glide bomb and the care package to get SOME sort of reward for having a scorestreak. The paratroopers are difficult to get and get you 3 kills total.

However, I did enjoy one thing and that was the ability to know where my opponents would be going. I didn't have to aim in the air or be afraid something floated above my head while coming out of a cave and be shot in the back. Though that also came at a cost; you can camp the poo poo out of the other team quite easily in most of the maps, with flanking being incredibly difficult. Nothing stops a team who's doing well to start camping their own spawn as well while waiting for people to get to them.

Overall I still enjoyed my experience with it, I loving love ww2 era guns and the gunplay was satisfying. Like macys also noticed, I had time to react to gunfire and my shots connected properly, which I can't say about AW and IW still (bo3 has been, for the most part, fine as well). I'll get it once it comes out and I'm sure I'll be satisfied with it for a time.

Also, many of you told me you felt the aiming was "weird" in cod ww2 and you weren't quite sure why. Drift0r (a piece of poo poo who defended tmartn csgo kid gambling scam) made a video describing the problem and I felt it was spot on. Though I highly dislike him now I still think he described it correctly: https://youtu.be/gCoaAxcybX8?t=173

The slowdown over aim assist is more pronounced than in other cods and doesn't work as good as other titles.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Have they announced how many MP maps will be in the final release? If I had to guess there will be a total of 7 or 8.

That video is spot on about the aiming and it segues right into the stupid battle chatter too. I'm not asking for a CS:GO silent rear end level where we're all walking so we can hear a mouse fart, but the audio fields are too active for my liking as well. Theres just too much going on so its hard to hear important things and your guy randomly yelling is annoying.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Have they announced how many MP maps will be in the final release? If I had to guess there will be a total of 7 or 8.

That video is spot on about the aiming and it segues right into the stupid battle chatter too. I'm not asking for a CS:GO silent rear end level where we're all walking so we can hear a mouse fart, but the audio fields are too active for my liking as well. Theres just too much going on so its hard to hear important things and your guy randomly yelling is annoying.

Last 2 games have had 12 maps at launch, and I'd probably add another 4 for the War mode as Raven is primarily handling that.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

There's still one more weekend of Beta right

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

fit em all up in there posted:

There's still one more weekend of Beta right

No, the console beta weekends are now over and there will be no more for multiplayer. PC beta is planned but I don't think a date has been announced.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
All the streaks we saw in the beta are all the streaks in the final game?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wazzit posted:

All the streaks we saw in the beta are all the streaks in the final game?

At least some of them, I guess.

But gently caress that, WE GOT CRYPTIDS MOTHERFUCKERS.. :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

At least some of them, I guess.

But gently caress that, WE GOT CRYPTIDS MOTHERFUCKERS.. :getin:

GOTY ALL YEARS EXTINCTION IS BACK!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

So, is it just a boss?

Because I saw a lot more zombies in that video than I did Cryptids.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’ll probably be the every other wave mobs/mid boss and I’m guessing the EE will feature them heavily. The VA for Samantha Ross did some work for this dlc too so expect to see her too.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

The only good thing about Extinction being back is that after years of asking, we can finally get a solid write up for a guide.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also the DLC4 map remake is Ghosts’s Warhawk (a good map)

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
It's weird how "Warhawk" didn't register at all, but I remembered it as soon as I saw the loading screen. I hope they can work in some way to bring back the mortar apocalypse.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh, to add to this, were getting both of these cards.

Packin Heat gives you a random double pap'd gun without the prerequisite whatevers, Skull Hacker unlocks the Skull games for the map, giving you a shot at all the perks.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Anybody wanna do IW tonight?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
now that I've moved my PS4 out of the living room I could be inclined :shobon:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Contracts refreshed, keys are now a reward for Joint Ops.

So I guess I could yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes posted:

Anybody wanna do IW tonight?

I'm getting on now. Gotta get my Javes buddy IW going before I lose you forever to Destiny 2.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
*whispers* you can play Destiny 2 as well!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

*whispers* you can play Destiny 2 as well!

I still can't believe you're playing a fantasy FPS where you can't ADS while jumping

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

*whispers* you can play a 30fps game with no dedicated servers as well!

Fixed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

You're assuming he's playin' on Console.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

widespread posted:

You're assuming he's playin' on Console.

he's playing on both

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes will actually play Destiny 2 on ALL devices that support it. Simultaneously.

As for me, I’m ready for DLC4 and another year of this very good game in between me playing other good games for the perfect console: The Nintendo Switch.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Can't wait for DLC4 myself, looks like the best map of them all. Though so far my favorite zombie map has been Shaolin Shuffle. Levelling up melee stances was loving great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s also so good to farm keys in once you get Pam and the Katana.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Is there anyone who is getting WW2 on Xbox One? None of my friends are getting it this time around and it was beyond frustrating doing solo in any other game mode but WAR. If there is no xbox goon crew, I will probably pass on this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Never solo in CoD, only play with goons/friends.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Never solo in CoD, only play with goons/friends.

It's a shame the series has gone in that direction. This is the first time I had fun playing a COD game and I stop playing the series after BLOPS. IW was fun but when my friends dropped it after the first DLC pack came out, It became marred with the same frustration I had with the beta. I love the series going back to the Second World War but if I can't find people to play with, I go over to Destiny 2 on PC and stick with Battlefield 1. It's not worth the frustration at all.

*Edit* I preordered in the hopes that a goon group pops up on the Xbox One.

TacticalHoodie fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 7, 2017

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
So far I know a handful of goons getting it on ps4, we should try setting up a list to know who gets it on what but that would require both :effort: and ww2 to be a good game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, that's easy; I just change which CoD the Community is set up for to the newest one! :pseudo:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We already lost some to Destiny do not let WW2 lure you away from the great game that is IW.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm tempted of trying to make a thread for WW2 but I doubt it would be better than the current one for IW that shows how bad things have become.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I've been wanting to make one, I can also keep bugging Stu to make a new thread. Would like to see his take on this ~~NEW ERA OF COD~~.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Wazzit posted:

I've been wanting to make one, I can also keep bugging Stu to make a new thread. Would like to see his take on this ~~NEW ERA OF COD~~.

Stu CoD OP's have been better than the actual game for years now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

A new era of boots... on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why bother with a new thread? Just use this one for the next two months until you realize WW2 is super bad and you can back to me and super good game

• Locked thread