Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

It was a fun riff.

Not for this idiot:

https://mcviewpoint.com/2017/08/18/...-a-nothing/amp/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Opinion from a Libertarian ViewPoint

hahahahaha

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Last year's Mothra live show has an MP3 out for download on the site.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did he avoid every bit of marketing material saying that it was going to be riffed?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomPauI posted:

Did he avoid every bit of marketing material saying that it was going to be riffed?

Did he come in at the exact moment the movie started and miss the short and the lengthy introduction?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bermuda Triangle is now on Amazon Prime and why the hell is John Huston in this? Also maybe its just me but whenever John Huston talks I just hear Gandalf.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
New stuff on Amazon Prime! Watching Last Slumber Party now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

The Bermuda Triangle is now on Amazon Prime and why the hell is John Huston in this? Also maybe its just me but whenever John Huston talks I just hear Gandalf.

It can only have been for a quick paycheck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A man has to eat, and sometimes that requires being in a film with a guy from Pumaman

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I had people in my theatre expecting just to see pure Sharknado and had no idea what Rifftrax was and had no idea why people were talking over the movie. They did eventually get into it though.

Also somewhere there must have been people expecting to see Room and not Rifftrax Presents The Room and just picturing that experience makes me gleeful.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

BDawg posted:

New stuff on Amazon Prime! Watching Last Slumber Party now.
I know it's a time-honored horror movie trope to have all the characters make bad decisions, but not to the level of "I just saw my family and friends get brutally murdered, and the murderer attacked me too and is still here, so I will slowly walk around the house for half an hour".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The stupid twist kind of covers that. Although it does just bring in more issues because if it was just a dream, what was with all those scenes from other people's perspectives?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just figured it was the guys revenge fantasies, post lobotomy.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ahaha did that dude go in not realizing what Rifftrax was?

Edit: didn't see the half dozen follow up posts asking the same thing

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
People being surprised with Rifftrax is the premise of their intro, and it makes no sense.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Guy Axlerod posted:

People being surprised with Rifftrax is the premise of their intro, and it makes no sense.
To be fair, they put the jokes into a file on a secret server deep inside a mountain, protected by a dragon. Nobody could anticipate what happens next! After seeing the QR code flash in the intro so many times, I just framestepped to it. It is only one frame and the QR code goes to SECRET FILE. Which I make angry eyes to when I see I did not get an achievement for finding it.

To anyone else who is as dumb as me, I clicked the kickstarter backer link in the email from this week and finally it sunk in what it said on that page. You need to use the link from backerkit to unlock the content. Of course I just bought the Summer Shorts VOD earlier this week which was part of the bundle.

Have they had any more details about the Rifftrax Prime? I'm mostly curious if the videos will have DRM or if I can download them like purchases are now. I've just passed 200 items purchased since Aug 17, 2007 so it is clear that I should just be paying them a subscription but I'd hate to pay for a few years then lose access if I unsubscribe. Or is Riff-prime more for people who don't already own 80% of their catalog?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The movie codes and school code should work for a few more days. A 15%, 10%, and 5% discount. Which somehow works out to less than a 30% discount because math is hard.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

The movie codes and school code should work for a few more days. A 15%, 10%, and 5% discount. Which somehow works out to less than a 30% discount because math is hard.

They don't add the discounts, they apply them one by one. A purchase of $100 would cost $72.67[5] after these three discounts.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Mike Nelson and Conor Lastowka are starting a podcast to slam one of the writers of the MST3k reboot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair

The guy is a piece of poo poo who can't write to save his life.

So you know, fairs fair.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone have any of the DVDs of the Rifftrax shorts? Specifically Shorts to Astonish? I'm ripping all my DVDs to Kodi as .iso images, but this one disk will not go past 70% for me. I'm hoping that someone could get that full iso so I can finally be done with this project.

(I can rip all the individual shorts besides one, but I wanted to full thing as an archive. It also seems that I ran into this problem in 2013 and Rifftrax support was good enough to add the one short to my library. However, the DVD was a gift, so I don't have the purchase history, and I don't think they'll add the disk image to my account.)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Well that's another piece of the "Why the MST3K reboot sucked balls" puzzle.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Except the reboot was actually good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As far as I know he was basically a guest writer and not in the room for every episode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

As far as I know he was basically a guest writer and not in the room for every episode.

Yeah that's why the new season was good

Trust me, it would have been as bad as some nerds try to make it sound if he was.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I liked the new season overall, but I kinda think the guest writers were one of the biggest problems, in that there were just too many writers and too many riffs. After watching a few season 8 episodes after the reboot, the difference isn't as great as I had thought at first, but it stepped on itself sometimes by shortchanging its own jokes. At least my own brain needs just a bit more time to process things than they gave it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The problem is the most pronounced in the first episode, though even there I think it calms down a bit by the end. By the middle of the season it's pretty much on par with late era MST3K pacing wise

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

IUG posted:

Does anyone have any of the DVDs of the Rifftrax shorts? Specifically Shorts to Astonish? I'm ripping all my DVDs to Kodi as .iso images, but this one disk will not go past 70% for me. I'm hoping that someone could get that full iso so I can finally be done with this project.

(I can rip all the individual shorts besides one, but I wanted to full thing as an archive. It also seems that I ran into this problem in 2013 and Rifftrax support was good enough to add the one short to my library. However, the DVD was a gift, so I don't have the purchase history, and I don't think they'll add the disk image to my account.)

Their first batch of that one was all bad actually and they had to reprint it. Try emailing support@rifftrax.com. I got a free replacement (5 years ago).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Their first batch of that one was all bad actually and they had to reprint it. Try emailing support@rifftrax.com. I got a free replacement (5 years ago).

Won't hurt to email them, so I did. I bought all their other DVDs, so hopefully they'll know I'm not trying to rip them off.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

All the "guest writers" watched the movie they were assigned and sent their jokes via email.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rifftrax support continues to be the best. They added that DVD iso to my account.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Radical Jack is on Prime now and man, Billy Ray is a terrible "hero." I'm left wondering if they wrote the severe beating into the script once they realized that he couldn't actually competently do the action scenes and needed a reason for the main character to be really slow and lumbering.

Also, laughed really hard at Kevin sitting through the entire credits just to insult the people of Rutland/West Rultand Vermont.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Use the coupon code WORK to get 15% off until labor day.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

That's an extremely clickbait way to put it, sure.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Finally got to watching the Summer Shorts Beach Party.

Um, what the gently caress was The Baggs? WHAT WAS THAT?!?! I taste pennies and smell toast.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Baggs was a reminder that we are all sinners in gods eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rock n Roll Nightmare: WHAT?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's not to get. God sends an angel and his pretend rock bad to get murdered as a way to set up a final confirmation between a rock Sweed and a clay demon in order to let the souls of ratboy and ovenmom come to rest.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Someone posted this in the PYF Gif thread:

It's a movie from 1985 called Light Blast. Starring Eric Estrada. Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2Q3IOoOOg

I watched the movie last night, and holy poo poo, this movie needs to get the RiffTrax treatment. Please go vote for it.

http://ideas.rifftrax.com/forums/244244-rifftrax-movie-requests/suggestions/31266118-light-blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rock n Roll Nightmare: WHAT?

They live to rock and they accepted the challenge. Sums it up.