Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I live in what seems to be the direct path for the eye wall of hurricane irma and i have nothing to do until the power inevitably goes out sometime sunday. I have over 500 hours in PS3 Dark Souls but I've never touched the PC version until today. While its downloading Im wondering if I need DSFIX to play and if my DS4 will play it without any problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

DSFix covers 3/4 of my in-game screen in black for some reason and I cant find a solution. Turned it off and it works but wow does it look awful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

DSFix covers 3/4 of my in-game screen in black for some reason and I cant find a solution. Turned it off and it works but wow does it look awful

Turn off AA in game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Turn off AA in game

Thanks, that fixed it. This game looks waaaaaay better than it did on ps3. I'm really impressed

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
The guy who made dsfix is a treasure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks, that fixed it. This game looks waaaaaay better than it did on ps3. I'm really impressed

It's pretty amazing. If you're playing with framerate uncapped you should bind a key on your keyboard somewhere to turn the cap on again though and use it whenever you get on a ladder. If you climb down a ladder at 60fps usually when you get off you'll just fly through the dirt and die

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You're in for a treat, OP. A word of warning for the uninitated, though... Beware the Capra Demon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It's pretty amazing. If you're playing with framerate uncapped you should bind a key on your keyboard somewhere to turn the cap on again though and use it whenever you get on a ladder. If you climb down a ladder at 60fps usually when you get off you'll just fly through the dirt and die

I think it's only certain ladders, I know the one to Undead Parish under the bridge with the rats has that problem because it happened to me lol

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Dark Souls changed my life and if I were about to be obliterated by a hurricane I'd like it to be what I was doing when I died

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I live in what seems to be the direct path for the eye wall of hurricane irma and i have nothing to do until the power inevitably goes out sometime sunday. I have over 500 hours in PS3 Dark Souls but I've never touched the PC version until today. While its downloading Im wondering if I need DSFIX to play and if my DS4 will play it without any problems

you need dsfix or the game runs at a capped 30fps and hosed up intternal resolution and it looks like poo poo and feels worse than 30fps on the ps3 lol. make sure to turn the frame limiter off in the dsfix.ini file its easy. the only problem i noticed with 60fps is some of the physics feel off a little, like you fall from a jump slightly too fast. this isn't a problem except for the lil jump to get to the nest in firelink, i had to turn it to 30 fps, do the jumps, then turn it back on. 60fps skeleton wheels also rotate so fast against walls they clip thru the geomettry.

ds4 pads do not work natively.

to get the ds4 to work get this https://inputmapper.com/

make sure you turn steam off before you turn on input mapper. wait for input mapper to say exclusive mode:true in the system tray or main box, then turn steam back on. enjoy the hurricane!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

you don't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC gaming ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its more from softwares fault for not supporting dinput and not knowing how to port pc games than pcs, imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's happened to me in undead burg and blighttown before

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i made it thru undead burg okay and after 2 playthrus of blight town i now always take the master key

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i also do the arnor lando skip everytime even tho i end up going thru the stage backwards to help onion knight :smugteddie:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
DSfix has the frame rate limiter bound to Backspace by default, it's very easy to toggle if you need to make a tricky jump

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my main issue with the game is that the online is totally dead even with the beta multiplayer thing in steam or the matchmaking fan patch. oh well. i like co-oping the gargs, queelag, and o+s :sigh:. i guess this won't matter when you have no power and are dying in a hurricane tho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The price of having 4 separate dark souls games on steam

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

The price of having 4 separate dark souls games on steam

only one of them is good :smugbird: that's right, it's lords of the fallen

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I like upper Blighttown. I don't get why people skip it. The swamp is stupid though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They skip it because it also skips the Capra demon and undead dragon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

only one of them is good :smugbird: that's right, it's lords of the fallen

Turds Have Been Fallin' (from my butt)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

They skip it because it also skips the Capra demon and undead dragon

ya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I like upper Blighttown. I don't get why people skip it. The swamp is stupid though.

I'm a speed gamer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

actually you have to fight the capra demon to get the ember to get to +10 or whatever, altho maybe you can just kill ingwald and get the very large ember to go straight to +15 and skip the large ember? never tried that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

actually you have to fight the capra demon to get the ember to get to +10 or whatever, altho maybe you can just kill ingwald and get the very large ember to go straight to +15 and skip the large ember? never tried that

I don't think Andre will take Very Large unless you give him Large first

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

it also shortens jump distance in a way that will absolutely kill you if you're not expecting it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>PC gaming

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

it's happened to me in undead burg and blighttown before

iirc it's only a handful of ladders that have those problems. the only one i know for sure is the ladder that goes from the bridge to lower undead burg but there's other ones too. but not all of them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't get why people skip Capra, it never seemed that tough. I do skip Gaping Dragon because that's a good area to speed clear for early game Humanity farming.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I played dark souls for the first time like a year ago and got stuck at the boss in the depths and then I started getting cursed by rats and poo poo but i guess it's been long enough now I feel like could give it another shot

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grant us eyes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Salt... or some say Saltm...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I don't think Andre will take Very Large unless you give him Large first

i think you can give him the ember from new londo straight away .. although obviously you still need the shards. but you can skip getting the depths ember

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Pablo Gigante posted:

Salt... or some say Saltm...

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

So I've heard Dark Souls 2 kind of sucks compared to 1 and 3, but is it still worth playing?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Aston posted:

So I've heard Dark Souls 2 kind of sucks compared to 1 and 3, but is it still worth playing?

there's enough people that play it and love it that it's probably worth the gamble, i think. i personally dont think it's worth playing, though

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

theres no souls game thats not worth playing, you entitled brain tumored DK mode-looking pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Respect gaming. Give thanks to Miyazaki. Semper games.