Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Aphrodite posted:

No, there are separate English and French channels.

Thank you! You truly live up to your avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but it made Billie Kay and/or Peyton Royce look bad.

Y'know what made Billie Kay and Peyton Royce look bad? Not loving pinning each other in that four-way when Cross and Asuka were both dead.

CobiWann posted:

Thank you! You truly live up to your avatar.

I miss Munch.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think the forum works better as a whole when we drag wrestling into cspam rather than vice-versa

i emphatically agree with this

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Bayley is an issue with NXT where it doesn't work. You see they had already used the best story for her there. And she had wrestled so many of the other people there. So she gets to the main roster and all those people are there. But she already wrestled them and went through her storyline with them. You can't just redo the underdog thing with people she's already beaten. But that's the character that got her popular. It would be different if she were from another federation wrestling different people and then have that same storyline. But they can't go back to that well again with the same people. So I think the best thing to do is turn her heel and have fun with the character. Like remember that snickers commercial? That sort of thing. Don't worry about making her the most hated heel in town. Just make her a fun character again then go from there.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Not that many people watch NXT you can, and should, recycle stories that work

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jackie D posted:

Not that many people watch NXT you can, and should, recycle stories that work

The worst part of the rise of NXT is that WWE makes the idiotic assumption that nobody needs to be given reasons to care about the big names that come from it because people have watched NXT. People who like Bayley will not mind seeing more of what they liked from NXT, and people who don't watch NXT will like being given a reason to care about this new person they've never seen instead of being told "HEY THEY WERE GOOD SOMEWHERE ELSE".

It's a very TNA thing. Could you imagine if in like 2004 WWE assumed everybody watched OVW or whatever their developmental program was?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Bayley is an issue with NXT where it doesn't work. You see they had already used the best story for her there. And she had wrestled so many of the other people there. So she gets to the main roster and all those people are there. But she already wrestled them and went through her storyline with them. You can't just redo the underdog thing with people she's already beaten. But that's the character that got her popular. It would be different if she were from another federation wrestling different people and then have that same storyline. But they can't go back to that well again with the same people. So I think the best thing to do is turn her heel and have fun with the character. Like remember that snickers commercial? That sort of thing. Don't worry about making her the most hated heel in town. Just make her a fun character again then go from there.

Give her the Rosa Mendes treatment

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The worst part of the rise of NXT is that WWE makes the idiotic assumption that nobody needs to be given reasons to care about the big names that come from it because people have watched NXT. People who like Bayley will not mind seeing more of what they liked from NXT, and people who don't watch NXT will like being given a reason to care about this new person they've never seen instead of being told "HEY THEY WERE GOOD SOMEWHERE ELSE".

It's a very TNA thing. Could you imagine if in like 2004 WWE assumed everybody watched OVW or whatever their developmental program was?

but look people care about asuka being undefeated in there poo poo rear end developmental because i like her and if she isnt undefeated then she has nothing else going for her even if 80 percent of the audience doesnt care about nxt one bit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kawalimus posted:

The easy solution to this was to send her to SmackDown and they didn't do that.
Alexa Bliss was also a totally new feud for her and it was completely botched and is easily the worst thing both wrestlers have ever been a part of.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I missed the boat on American Alpha in NXT, so when they went up, I was like "okay, cool, everybody likes these guys and they're very slick in the ring, but who are they?" Still don't really know 'cause WWE never told me and I never went back to watch. At least do some freakin' vignettes or something.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I barely pay any attention to nxt there's enough lovely wrestling I have to slog through between Monday and Tuesday night I 99% of the time couldn't care less

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
delete that cnn bullshit

VJeff posted:

Alexa Bliss was also a totally new feud for her and it was completely botched and is easily the worst thing both wrestlers have ever been a part of.

Alexa beating the crap out of Bayley was awesome, what are you talking about?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 8, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

DoctorGonzo posted:

delete that cnn bullshit

suck my dick fuckman

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

à

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Little Mac posted:

suck my dick fuckman

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Do it ironically posted:

I barely pay any attention to nxt there's enough lovely wrestling I have to slog through between Monday and Tuesday night I 99% of the time couldn't care less

Read the recaps for raw and sd watch nxt instead

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

delete that cnn bullshit

Alexa beating the crap out of Bayley was awesome, what are you talking about?

Enjoying that This is Your Life segment would be about consistent with what I've come to expect from you.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The next GDT will be in C-SPAM, so Jeru can't poo poo it up again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Politics are not real or important.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
They are because there's a decent chance your next president will also be from the wwe hall of fame

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dwayne's going to be president

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
here's how you get bayley over: have her give stephanie the stunner on steph's first night back as a gm, boom, no more boos for a while.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

Enjoying that This is Your Life segment would be about consistent with what I've come to expect from you.

hes talking about the kendo stick match even the good doctor didnt defend this is your life you idiot

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
also the kendo stick match *was* good bayley is doughy and weak

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

here's how you get bayley over: have her give stephanie the stunner on steph's first night back as a gm, boom, no more boos for a while.

as long as it leads to bayley entering on an ATV

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Nah, you just have her hug Steph, then give her the Bayley to Belly.

Then she needs to have juice boxes thrown to her in the ring.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bayley will never get over on the main roster because her mic skills are zero

MotU posted:

hes talking about the kendo stick match even the good doctor didnt defend this is your life you idiot

thank you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

I mean that was like the worst match of the year in a year with all of this poo poo:

So that's not much better.

Actually, that's probably not even up to date, with some of the garbage that SummerSlam had.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still can't believe House of Horrors might not even be in the top 3 worst WWE matches of the year

Still 3 full months to go too, it might not even be in its top 5

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I still can't believe House of Horrors might not even be in the top 3 worst WWE matches of the year

Still 3 full months to go too, it might not even be in its top 5

We've got two gimmick pay per views left and a five hour Survivor Series, we may only be scratching the surface here.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

We've got two gimmick pay per views left and a five hour Survivor Series, we may only be scratching the surface here.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Why even watch anymore?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The worst match of the year was everything Sami Zayn has been in for a month.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Why even watch anymore?

Breezango, Braun, Styles, mainly

RAWs tag division has been good, too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stephanie McMahon would actually make those pay per views great because Stephanie McMahon started the women's revolution.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Remember when Shawn Michaels came out as the KFC Man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Suplex Liberace posted:

Why even watch anymore?

BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

Why even watch anymore?

Wrestling is fun you nihilistic dong.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrestling is fun you nihilistic dong.

But Ted, I'm in the entertainment business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrestling is fun

:agreed:

Speaking of which, give me more Breezango!

• Locked thread