Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I'm still on the Daniel Jacobs is really good and pointing to that fight as evidence of ggg falling off is misguided train. But with that said, it isn't crazy to think that a fighter has lost a step at 35. In any event, ggg will probably have to stop canelo to win because of all the bullshit judging in canelos fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Canelo is good but I've never seen anything from him which has made me think wow he could beat GGG. I won't be betting on it though, because of the nagging thought that maybe they've timed it just right. And yeah if it goes to the cards then you know they'll find a way of giving it Canelo regardless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mike- posted:

I'm still on the Daniel Jacobs is really good and pointing to that fight as evidence of ggg falling off is misguided train. But with that said, it isn't crazy to think that a fighter has lost a step at 35. In any event, ggg will probably have to stop canelo to win because of all the bullshit judging in canelos fights.

Yeah this is where I am. He'll eventually fall off because he's human and getting old, but I suspect he's still scary good.

And he'll probably have to be because Canelo is no slouch and like you and everyone has been saying GGG is probably going to have to stop him in order to win.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/905590778784833536
Steak?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i think golovkin will win on points, judging aside, by 3 or 4 rounds

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Jacobs came in at light heavy and was on his bike all fight, yet GGG still ate his best shots and put him on the canvas.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Monday Bandele posted:

Jacobs came in at light heavy and was on his bike all fight, yet GGG still ate his best shots and put him on the canvas.

And he didn't even loving flinch.

I seriously can't wait for this fight you guys (and I get to see it in the theatre! :) )

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i haven't been this excited for a fight since matthysse vs provodnikov 2 years ago

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Danny Jacobs is a great fighter and an absolutely massive middleweight. Kell Brook is also an elite fighter. You can't say GGG has lost a step because they hit him a few times.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Danny Jacobs is a great fighter and an absolutely massive middleweight. Kell Brook is also an elite fighter. You can't say GGG has lost a step because they hit him a few times.

Even if you don't show damage, your brain could be losing its chin power off big shots. That's part of the equation for a Canelo victory -- that maybe GGG took just enough damage to be easier to fend off.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm going for GGG just because Canelo inflicted that lovely Chavez Jr fight on the world

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
In the middle of Golovkin-Canelo hype don't forget about tomorrow's "Superfly" card which has to be the first time a fight card has had all 5 of the consensus (unless you're super into Kal Yafai) top 5 in a division.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The SituAsian posted:

In the middle of Golovkin-Canelo hype don't forget about tomorrow's "Superfly" card which has to be the first time a fight card has had all 5 of the consensus (unless you're super into Kal Yafai) top 5 in a division.

I basically know no one here other than Chocolatito. Who's exciting and why? I assume the guy Gonzalez is fighting since he lost a decision at the least.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

Some folks were getting pissy at me online for saying it was the top 5 because they've got Yafai up there. In retrospect they were British

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Grittybeard posted:

I basically know no one here other than Chocolatito. Who's exciting and why? I assume the guy Gonzalez is fighting since he lost a decision at the least.

Bad Left Hook pretty much has it covered but basicallly

Chocolatito-Sor Rungvisai- A rematch of one of the fights of the year. Chocolatito should be on point since if he loses again it's pretty much the end of big paydays for him

Naoya Inoue- Antonio Nieves is by far the worst matchup on paper but the real story is the debut in the US of Inoue who is already in the top 10 of p4p lists and looks like the next big thing in those lighter weight classes

Carlos Cuadras and Juan Francisco Estrada are former world champions whose only loses have been close decisions against Chocolatito

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/9/6/16258910/sor-rungvisai-vs-gonzalez-ii-fight-preview-and-matchup

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 9, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The SituAsian posted:

Chocolatito-Sor Rungvisai- A rematch of one of the fights of the year. Chocolatito should be on point since if he loses again it's pretty much the end of big paydays for him

I completely missed the first fight and my googling is bad, can someone hook me up with a youtube video or something?

Garlic Wraith
Dec 10, 2015

Dracula's nemesis

Grittybeard posted:

I completely missed the first fight and my googling is bad, can someone hook me up with a youtube video or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e35f1nc1g8

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sweet, going to watch this later today :hfive:

Appreciated.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The cruiserweight tournament started with Usyk beating up and stopping Marco Huck.

It'll be interesting to see how Usyk will deal with taking heavyweight punches when he moves up, because skills wise he makes Anthony Joshua look like Conor McGregor.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

poo poo I didn't know that was on tonight. Usyk is the real deal at cruiserweight, hopefully he doesn't get Adamek-ed at heavy.

Garlic Wraith
Dec 10, 2015

Dracula's nemesis
Here's the link to the Usyk x Huck fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6Z9FK3SaQ

Sucks that this fight wasn't picked up on any of the American channels. Usyk easily sparked Huck.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
So pumped for Superfly and Usyk is great but Huck is/was pretty washed unfortunately. There's so much unknown in crusier it's possible that Gassiev/Dorticos/Bredis et al. are mirages and he just steps over all of them or like Mike Perez stops him next

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I got Estrada in this one, god I'm pumped for these fights

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Andre Ward on 'expert' commentary *rolls eyes and makes jerk off motion with right hand*

Garlic Wraith
Dec 10, 2015

Dracula's nemesis

The SituAsian posted:

Andre Ward on 'expert' commentary *rolls eyes and makes jerk off motion with right hand*

Andre 'Nutkrusher' Ward

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Cuadras looking smoked

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
LOL this is some Steve Harvey poo poo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
:eyepop: Time to have a riot!!!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

:laffo:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Carlos Estrada is my favourite fighter

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

I like Ward's commentary, he doesn't really initiate much discussion, but he seems insightful enough

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I like Ward's commentary, he doesn't really initiate much discussion, but he seems insightful enough

My main problem with Ward's commentating-admittedly exacerbated by the fact that I just don't like him-is that he never seems to have an opinion of his own. If either Jim or Max (or Joe Tess or Teddy) say something he'll just agree with it or try to justify it and say something completely contradictory in the next.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I wonder if Nieves's trainer was telling him to get knocked out by a body shot when he said needed to "do the Virgil Hill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMOIASKueXA&t=60s

Inoue could oblige him.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Inoue is a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to seeing him fight someone real. I don't see this fight getting any more interesting though.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
The urinals at whatever PNC bank office or branch where Nieves works will be overflowing with blood Monday morning.

Garlic Wraith
Dec 10, 2015

Dracula's nemesis
Jim Lampley can't name another body puncher besides Andre Ward

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Garlic Wraith posted:

Jim Lampley can't name another body puncher besides Andre Ward

This is the thing I don't like about Ward commentating

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.