Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Piquai Souban posted:

Makes sense to have Joey Jingles on episode 1000, which is the number of coins he stole from Doug Stanhopes change jar.

yeah we are establishing mr diaz's credibility with this line of questioning your honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hot sauce posted:

I still think Redban deserved to be on the episode. He wouldn't have added anything but he was there from the beginning.

Lol

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

redban is too busying playing dj morning zoo on that thin sickly kid's podcast

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Crazy how fast people turn on Rogan for having someone from the left on.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Crazy how fast people turn on Rogan for having someone from the left on.
Just wait till you see how fast this thread complains that he never has anyone from the left on.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I wish he would have funny people on like attell or Stanhope or something

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
*woke lib comedoan appears on podcast* Happy now, The Left??!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Kamau Bell seems ok to me, mostly. I, president of The Left, am pleased.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

*woke lib comedoan appears on podcast* Happy now, The Left??!

Stop posting like this, you're bad at it.

Anyways yea its been a bad streak of ceos schaub and incoherent political pundits for like 10 episodes now. The paulie shore episode was good and hopefully the hannibal buress one that was just uploaded will be good as well.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Don't you guys read the JRE messageboards? Kamau Bell and Omer Aziz are the left's official spokespeople now.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Pocket Billiards posted:

Don't you guys read the JRE messageboards? Kamau Bell and Omer Aziz are the left's official spokespeople now.

Kamau Bell is cool. idk who the other guy is. I have been meaning to checkout the Kamau Bell episode. His CNN show is decent.

the JRE forums are straight garbage, and probably always have been. I checked them out initially when I first started listening to the podcast and didn't stick around long. I can't imagine they have improved any from back then. Joe attracts some of the worst people on the internet. /r/JoeRogan is just as bad imo

Dirt fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 1, 2017

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill
I think it's Bret Weinstein and Jordan Peterson on tomorrow's episode so... hope everyone likes talking campus politics and SJWs!!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Sgt. McKill posted:

I think it's Bret Weinstein and Jordan Peterson on tomorrow's episode so... hope everyone likes talking campus politics and SJWs!!

Can't be any worse than his upcoming interview with James Damore.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
I love the episode so far, two inestimable academics who possess the moral fortitude to call a spade a spade.

I don't like the deference they're showing Rogan, though. He's hopelessly lost, doesn't understand the difference between postmodernism and Marxism and can't follow the conversation at all.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

hog fat posted:

I love the episode so far, two inestimable academics who possess the moral fortitude to call a spade a spade.

I don't like the deference they're showing Rogan, though. He's hopelessly lost, doesn't understand the difference between postmodernism and Marxism and can't follow the conversation at all.

I bet Jordan Peterson has a lot to say about his expertise, which is alcoholism, and isn't completely overstepping the scope of his degree by complaining about blue haired girls again !

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

I bet Jordan Peterson has a lot to say about his expertise, which is alcoholism, and isn't completely overstepping the scope of his degree by complaining about blue haired girls again !

If someone with extensive educational background wants to have a long-form discussion you're on the side of hair-trigger megaphone activists, good to know.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Please tell us more about how you refrain from expressing an opinion on anything which you aren't a university-accredited expert on.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

whenever Joe or the guest mentions ""SJWs"" my brain instantly switches to harsh noise instead of podcast audio for two minutes. It's a coping mechanism so I can listen to the rest of the episode.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Maybe try turning the podcast that creates a harsh noise in your head off?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CountFosco posted:

Please tell us more about how you refrain from expressing an opinion on anything which you aren't a university-accredited expert on.

Thank you for asking: I do not appear in media or in front of the government to express my concern about the opinions of teenaged girls, because my degree is not in teen girl opinions or sociology or gender or queer studies or anything that is relevant to what the teen girls are saying.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

you're not very good at thinking critically. your appeal to authority is nonsense because the contention is that the ostensible 'experts' have missed the mark entirely. besides that, your implication is that a degree is required to weigh in on an issue; more cockamamie.

no idea if peterson is an alcoholic or not. he is obviously a very weak man physically and anything is possible among that ilk.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

lol if you actually listened to a Jordan Peterson episode.

I got a long drive today, can't wait to listen Ari, Burnt and Tommy Bunz on the podcast.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dirt posted:

I got a long drive today, can't wait to listen Ari, Burnt and Tommy Bunz on the podcast.

Seriously. An episode with 3 hilarious guests was just posted and you clowns are still talmbout some dork professor lol

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Dirt posted:

It's really, really good. It's 4 straight hours of busting balls.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

at 1:29 joe talks salton sea

classic

finish your drink

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?

hog fat posted:

Jordan Peterson is a po-mo and his critique of it is silly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dirt posted:

It was interesting even though sometimes they were talking about ultra abstract concepts that you won't understand unless you have studied in the specific field.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The Urijah Faber/Cody Garbrandt episode was pretty good. I had not heard the story of the woman barging into Faber's house and making GBS threads herself in his bathroom. Sacramento sounds interesting.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
joe rogan's amazement that most of the world is covered in water

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

hog fat posted:

you're not very good at thinking critically. your appeal to authority is nonsense because the contention is that the ostensible 'experts' have missed the mark entirely. besides that, your implication is that a degree is required to weigh in on an issue; more cockamamie.

no idea if peterson is an alcoholic or not. he is obviously a very weak man physically and anything is possible among that ilk.

No I mean his education is in the treatment of alcoholism

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

The Urijah Faber/Cody Garbrandt episode was pretty good. I had not heard the story of the woman barging into Faber's house and making GBS threads herself in his bathroom. Sacramento sounds interesting.

The thing that surprised me is why Faber didn't stop her. I mean he is a smaller guy in UFC but he is still a former world champion.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So the Ari, Bart and the Water Champ episode was awesome.
Faber and Garbrandt episode was good.
Joe was on a roll with good guests. Then he had that dork who got fired from google on. lol

Redban was on today though, i'll check that out tomorrow.

More comics and MMA dudes please.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

The thing that surprised me is why Faber didn't stop her. I mean he is a smaller guy in UFC but he is still a former world champion.

hes a friendly guy with money who would rather not get into a physical altercation with a drunk girl who poo poo herself

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dirt posted:

So the Ari, Bart and the Water Champ episode was awesome.
Faber and Garbrandt episode was good.
Joe was on a roll with good guests. Then he had that dork who got fired from google on. lol

Redban was on today though, i'll check that out tomorrow.

More comics and MMA dudes please.

The dork was real bad because he's not super articulate and doesn't have anything interesting to talk about.

"I guess women didn't take it well when I said they were more likely to be neurotic" - a single goon who definitely doesn't hang out with enough women to know that saying something like that might upset people.

Also Bert is hilarious. "I could run a marathon, easily" - a man who drinks 10+ alcoholic beverages every day.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
"You're in great shape for a man who's in terrible shape."

I couldn't listen to the whole ep because I can only take so much unfocused bro-talk but that was a pretty amusing line.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Ulio posted:

Because he's smart. If they had even tried to gently guide her back outside there would be news stories about "MMA FIGHTERS TERRORIZE WOMAN!" and lawsuits. Instead he started recording as quickly as possible and documented how passively they responded, even as she literally poo poo up the place.

I know that the NHL and NBA train players in how to deal with exploitable situations and maybe the UFC does too but that would imply that the UFC gives a poo poo about the fighters so yeah I crack myself up, so I guess Faber just knew how to handle it.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

joe talks his poo poo tree with tom p.
take a drink

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Tom Papa is by far my favorite JRE guest. He just seems like the nicest guy ever.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Speaking of Tom Papa, I keep remembering him from one of those old Comedy Central stand up specials from the late 80s/early 90s (or maybe it was MTVs half hour comedy hour) where he performed his act with a weird Andy Kaufman-like high pitched foreign sounding voice. I swear I remember the name Tom Papa when I think of it, but havent been able to find a clip of it anywhere. From what I remember, it was definitely him, but he had his hair slicked down and made different facial expressions and almost acted like he was from Central America. Maybe it wasnt him that I remember, but I clearly see it and when I heard his name again in the 2000s after over a decade, it definitely brought back that image. Does anyone else remember anything slightly resembling this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

empty baggie posted:

Speaking of Tom Papa, I keep remembering him from one of those old Comedy Central stand up specials from the late 80s/early 90s (or maybe it was MTVs half hour comedy hour) where he performed his act with a weird Andy Kaufman-like high pitched foreign sounding voice. I swear I remember the name Tom Papa when I think of it, but havent been able to find a clip of it anywhere. From what I remember, it was definitely him, but he had his hair slicked down and made different facial expressions and almost acted like he was from Central America. Maybe it wasnt him that I remember, but I clearly see it and when I heard his name again in the 2000s after over a decade, it definitely brought back that image. Does anyone else remember anything slightly resembling this?

Was he wearing hulk hogan meat shoes?