Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

the case against flamander is reasonable and good though

Translation: "vote anyone else but me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

Translation: "vote anyone else but me."

please quote your response and what you are responding to. your post is actual misdirection

please also read the words in the thread, and click the links I posted, where you will clearly see me make myself the majority leader a game to vote scum despite no one believing me yet.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

yronic heroism posted:

Not true. You yourself are quoting my responses. You are scummy as hell with your back to the wall though at this point I actually think 2 penny bottle imp may be more scummy for trying to bandwagon and pulling a "me-too" on your posts.

I have been voting you since beginning of day 2, after calling you out at the end of day 1. I had 2 other options to bandwagon nearing lynch numbers, so I don't think this argument holds any water.

I am, of course, completely objective about my own townitude.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello this flam vote is bad ##vote chores

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
calls me out for not responding with anything other than 'misdirection', responds to effort case against him by saying I am scummy for casing him, but heck, look at this other guy voting him!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

whaaaaaat

pls explain

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
does anyone have a read on kash? or is everyone in a similar spot to me with strong reads on a like 2 people

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I legit read over the posts and said "Why are people vote flam" therefore the votes are stupid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
explain to me why it's good

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Gut read on yronic?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll be busy til Monday with my sister's wedding and related stuff. Will check in when I can.

Kash the Flamander vote is good because he's posted only token suspicions and only under duress. He voted stickup essentially for expressing opinions on day 1, seriously go look at his stickup vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Gut read on yronic?

would

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'll be busy til Monday with my sister's wedding and related stuff. Will check in when I can.

Kash the Flamander vote is good because he's posted only token suspicions and only under duress. He voted stickup essentially for expressing opinions on day 1, seriously go look at his stickup vote.

flam.txt

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Okay with 25 min to close of day 2, I will ## vote flamander because:

An yronic lynch aint happening;

With so much commentary this should be good info for day3;

I prefer him to stickup; and

I want to test the credibility of some claimed sources.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I have. Managed to survive and escape Florida. Expect some real bombshell reads tomorrow

Isn't it tomorrow yet?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kashuno posted:

You know what? I wasn't going to do this but you have convinced me:

##vote flamander

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Flamander posted:

Jokevotes vs no votes as a measure of scumminess is a useless debate imo; because you're using meaningless criteria to define whether a person is scum or town D1, when a lot of people either jokevote or don't vote early on.

##unvote

again, this is inaccurate. it is entirely possible to catch scum with D1 shitposts

Flamander posted:

I try to have a good reason behind my votes, and I didn't like any of the big pushes going on at the time. Does that make me scummy, or is it just me not playing mafia particularly well? :colbert:

Flamander posted:

I was thinking the same thing. He's posted in bursts early D1, and so far he's done the same early D2. As you said, it looks like he's trying to get the needed amount of posts for the game out. It's not voteworthy, because for all I know chores could post more later on in D2, but it looks suspicious.

Flamander posted:

stickup was constantly suggesting people to get pushed D1. IMO, that sort of attitude is sort of hard to guess at - either it's scum trying to delay the votes till D1 ends or he's trying to get as many people to show their opinion as possible, which is alignment-neutral, I'd say. Depends on the intention. Anyways, given RF's flip, I'm gonna vote him.

##vote stickup

inconsistent across these posts. I have been consistent on who I've actually pushed, cased, and voted. do you really think that I was trying to delay votes until the end of d1? if not, is it not alignment neutral?

Flamander posted:

also, because i'm gonna get lynched anyways

##vote Flamander

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 2

Flamander (7): The Ninth Layer, derp, got some chores tonight, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, flerp, Flamander, 2 penny bottle imp, yronic heroism
this is a stickup (3): yronic heroism, Mr. F!, Tobbs Gnawed, Flamander, Flamander, Flamander, yronic heroism
yronic heroism (1): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
got some chores tonight (1): flerp, DivineCoffeeBinge, DivineCoffeeBinge, flerp, Kashuno
Tobbs Gnawed (0): flerp, derp, Kashuno, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, flerp, derp, got some chores tonight, Kashuno
The Ninth Layer (0): Tobbs Gnawed, DivineCoffeeBinge, DivineCoffeeBinge, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 07th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

A neighborhood welcoming commission finds its way to the home of one of their newest members. It's strange, none of them can remember him moving in, but with his recent involvement in the town hall discussions, it only seemed right. However, knocking at the door with a peach cobbler, there was no response. The door swung open just a bit, and out of concern they stepped through. The place was clean and empty. There was no sign of life, other than a single sprig of holly in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Flamander, Prince Orlaith of the Winter Court Disguised as a Boring Human, Monster Jailor was executed day two!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhB6Lb7_kN8

Daydream
I fell asleep amid the flowers
For a couple of hours
On a beautiful day

night actions

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 8, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
By the time the fire service arrives, it's already far too late. The rain keeps the blaze from spreading, but it started in the middle of the night without warning, leaving no time for Lychford's beloved educator and practitioner of the unseen arts to escape. The cause was determined to be a gas leak, but the members of Lychford's loose coven cannot help but find it strange that such a mundane means could be the death of a powerful witch.

Tobbs Gnawed, Precious Brown, Lychford Vanilla was consumed in fire night two!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKik6XwzUk4

But I wish I didn't have to grow up so fast
Still feel like such a kid
Monsters in the closet, they know who I am
they know who I am
they know who I am

Absent from the mourning is Marnie Macintosh. Some said the grief from losing another person was too much for her. Although it seemed gauche to mention, there was another theory put forward by those who didn't care for social niceties, she was paid off. Who exactly would bribe someone like Marnie Macintosh was a mystery, but those who kept in touch couldn't help but notice that her new home was much nicer than a clerk's salary would warrant. Good for her, but she left in such a rush that she did not see fit to share anything she had seen in her scrying cauldron. She didn't seem to be in any hurry to return their calls either.

Kashuno, Marnie Macintosh, Lychford Echo Cop left town night two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTghDACmgM

You raise your glass and may exclaim
"I'll put my hands on the truth by God"
But it's faster, love, than you and me
Faster than the speed of gravity
That's how it catches you from falling
And how it always, always, always slips away.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): 2 penny bottle imp, derp, DivineCoffeeBinge, flerp, got some chores tonight, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote yronic

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rip kashuno we hardly knew ye

anyway my biggest scum read was kashuno today but i guess that was off (unless theres more death millers in this game)

were looking at mags (mr f) or stickers today and im feeling mags

##vote mags

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow that's some awesome flavor Somber!

Fire kill + disappearance. Could be two different factions? Flavor suggests maybe Kash was a lover but the flip doesn't fit that.

I'm also curious whether "Echo Cop" is somehow different from an "Ecco Cop" where you pick three people and discover if there's scum among them or not.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

got some chores tonight posted:

rip kashuno we hardly knew ye

anyway my biggest scum read was kashuno today but i guess that was off (unless theres more death millers in this game)

were looking at mags (mr f) or stickers today and im feeling mags

##vote mags

I feel this, didn't like how he blew off me asking about his vote yesterday too.

##vote Magnus

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

"More" death millers? Who did I miss that was the first?

Are you slipping scum knowledge that a flip we've already seen has been false?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
If anything makes it clear to me that there's a lot of Mafia meta that I have no recent experience with, it's the fact that several players are being referred to by their old names; I keep seeing people talk about Opop and needing to remind myself that that means Retro Futurist, likewise with Mr. F!.

Ah well, I'll survive.

The possibility of two scum factions is a worrying one, but it makes the N1 no-kill more inexplicable; I'd be more inclined to think at least one of them was a vigkill or a lover or some other role that I don't know the details of, because I have trouble believing that town was SO good that we stuffed both mafia and a serial killer on N1.

So far we have three town flips to look at:

Kashuno got votes from stickup, Mr. F!, and TNL on D1, and no one on D2. None of those votes stood all day.

Tobbs Gnawed is tricky because he was a replacement for Saith, so I'm only going to look at the people who voted specifically for him and not Saith votes. Flerp, derp, Kash, TNL, chores, and stickup all voted for this slot, but everyone vacated that vote pretty quick once Tobbs subbed in (except stickup, who voted for him after the sub and then blamed the app, but he changed his vote in two minutes so that seems legit). No real info there, except possibly by inference.

Retro Futurist was voted off the island by TNL, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, stickup, yronic, and chores with the last-second hammer.

And one scum flip:

Flamander was scum, and he was voted off by TNL, derp, chores, me, flerp, 2 penny bottle imp, and yronic with the hammer (and briefly by himself, oops). This means he was not voted for by Mr F!, Tobbs, himself, stickup, and Kash.

So the people who have recorded votes for two known townies (omitting votes on Tobbs because of the replacement) and who did not vote for the one known scum are Mr. F! and stickup.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So the people who have recorded votes for two known townies (omitting votes on Tobbs because of the replacement) and who did not vote for the one known scum are Mr. F! and stickup.

do this again but remove all joke votes, and take into account that flam was hammered suddenly while I was supporting his death vs kashuno, the town echo cop, who wanted flam to live

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

do this again but remove all joke votes, and take into account that flam was hammered suddenly while I was supporting his death vs kashuno, the town echo cop, who wanted flam to live

Why didn't you vote flam then? What were you waiting for?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

explain to me why it's good

I was responding to this after I saw it. it was 30m from deadline with a bunch of people around and more than one possible choice. discussion was happening with kashuno, the town echo cop who said he would vote yronic and chores

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

2 penny bottle imp posted:

"More" death millers? Who did I miss that was the first?

Are you slipping scum knowledge that a flip we've already seen has been false?

different somber game hes a tad infamous for running

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If anything makes it clear to me that there's a lot of Mafia meta that I have no recent experience with, it's the fact that several players are being referred to by their old names; I keep seeing people talk about Opop and needing to remind myself that that means Retro Futurist, likewise with Mr. F!.

Ah well, I'll survive.

The possibility of two scum factions is a worrying one, but it makes the N1 no-kill more inexplicable; I'd be more inclined to think at least one of them was a vigkill or a lover or some other role that I don't know the details of, because I have trouble believing that town was SO good that we stuffed both mafia and a serial killer on N1.

So far we have three town flips to look at:

Kashuno got votes from stickup, Mr. F!, and TNL on D1, and no one on D2. None of those votes stood all day.

Tobbs Gnawed is tricky because he was a replacement for Saith, so I'm only going to look at the people who voted specifically for him and not Saith votes. Flerp, derp, Kash, TNL, chores, and stickup all voted for this slot, but everyone vacated that vote pretty quick once Tobbs subbed in (except stickup, who voted for him after the sub and then blamed the app, but he changed his vote in two minutes so that seems legit). No real info there, except possibly by inference.

Retro Futurist was voted off the island by TNL, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, stickup, yronic, and chores with the last-second hammer.

And one scum flip:

Flamander was scum, and he was voted off by TNL, derp, chores, me, flerp, 2 penny bottle imp, and yronic with the hammer (and briefly by himself, oops). This means he was not voted for by Mr F!, Tobbs, himself, stickup, and Kash.

i believe that the scum killed tobbs and kash was killed by a town player for extremely bad posting yesterday

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was, i believe, 9000% sure that flamander was scum and id say im about 95-99% sure mags is scum

and, for all the newbies not in the know, i am exceptionally great at this game

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I was responding to this after I saw it. it was 30m from deadline with a bunch of people around and more than one possible choice. discussion was happening with kashuno, the town echo cop who said he would vote yronic and chores

kash also said to leave flam alone, so he was extremely bad at his job.

I was actually reconsidering my position on you until I realized you never actually voted on flam, just claimed the case was good.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I feel this, didn't like how he blew off me asking about his vote yesterday too.

##vote Magnus

I kind of agree with this though. If stickup is just a bad town player, Mr F would top my list.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think third scum is flerp im maybe 69% sure about that one

anyway we should lynch mags tonight find out im 100% right and then they can nk me or w/e and just lycnh flerp tmrw and well win ez gg

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

scum might as well self-vote like flamander did im way 2 good @ this game sry

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

kash also said to leave flam alone, so he was extremely bad at his job.

I was actually reconsidering my position on you until I realized you never actually voted on flam, just claimed the case was good.

yeah granted on the first part, but here's the thing: kash has results from n0 and n1. he's willing to vote you and chores, and from this we can extrapolate a few things. 1) kash has a result saying there is scum among you, or 2) kash has a result saying others are town but hasn't investigated you yet.

either way, the two of you are objectively higher on the cop's list than anyone else. chores was on flam, and pushed flam. you were reluctant and needed an excuse that doesn't even make any sense. why did you suddenly vote for flam? cause to me it reads like he said "yeah just hammer me for town cred" in the scum doc.

the second part is a lie and you know it (because you are aware of your own alignment)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

Why didn't you vote flam then? What were you waiting for?

Waiting for an answer on this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'll answer that when you make any reply to any bit of the case on you, or reply to the first time I asked you to make any reply to any bit of the case on you

or the time when I asked you to quote your replies and what you replied to after you claimed to have replied but never manifested any form of reply

three choices, pick any one

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

yeah granted on the first part, but here's the thing: kash has results from n0 and n1. he's willing to vote you and chores, and from this we can extrapolate a few things. 1) kash has a result saying there is scum among you, or 2) kash has a result saying others are town but hasn't investigated you yet.

either way, the two of you are objectively higher on the cop's list than anyone else. chores was on flam, and pushed flam. you were reluctant and needed an excuse that doesn't even make any sense. why did you suddenly vote for flam? cause to me it reads like he said "yeah just hammer me for town cred" in the scum doc.

the second part is a lie and you know it (because you are aware of your own alignment)

nothing kash said suggested an investigation that found scum, just his own (lovely) reading of the cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

i believe that the scum killed tobbs and kash was killed by a town player for extremely bad posting yesterday

I could believe that, honestly.

Also stickup what the hell are you talking about, Kash's actions would have only been informed by one set of night actions, he died before his second set of night actions went through, unless you're alleging that he had information at the game's start which, y'know, it'd be nice to know why you would think that.

• Locked thread