Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

I'll answer that when you make any reply to any bit of the case on you, or reply to the first time I asked you to make any reply to any bit of the case on you

or the time when I asked you to quote your replies and what you replied to after you claimed to have replied but never manifested any form of reply

three choices, pick any one

My reply is I ain't scum and I hammered the scum we found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

nothing kash said suggested an investigation that found scum, just his own (lovely) reading of the cases

it implies that kashuno has either a scum result on a group of people, and the two of you are in it, or that kashuno has a not scum result on a group of people, and you two are not in it

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I could believe that, honestly.

Also stickup what the hell are you talking about, Kash's actions would have only been informed by one set of night actions, he died before his second set of night actions went through, unless you're alleging that he had information at the game's start which, y'know, it'd be nice to know why you would think that.

you're right about this though, I thought it was D3 for some reason. point still stands.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

yronic heroism posted:

nothing kash said suggested an investigation that found scum, just his own (lovely) reading of the cases

do this again but remove all joke votes, and take into account that flam was hammered suddenly while I was supporting his death vs kashuno, the town echo cop, who wanted flam to live

why are you guys talking like you knew kash was a cop yesterday?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I will be out for about 3 hours, so feel free to explain.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wait, it is D3. day 1 he is informed of night 0, day 2 he is informed of night 1. what are you talking about?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

My reply is I ain't scum and I hammered the scum we found.

thanks for revealing you haven't even read the posts

the case against flamander is reasonable and good though

yronic heroism posted:

Translation: "vote anyone else but me."

yronic's first mention of flamander is this soft defense

Kashuno posted:

Hello this flam vote is bad ##vote chores

yronic heroism posted:

You know what? I wasn't going to do this but you have convinced me:

##vote flamander

here's our protagonist's second mention of flamander, when he bravely cuts off discussion with a hammer because ????

chores was on flam, and pushed flam. you were reluctant and needed an excuse that doesn't even make any sense. why did you suddenly vote for flam? cause to me it reads like he said "yeah just hammer me for town cred" in the scum doc.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

derp posted:

why are you guys talking like you knew kash was a cop yesterday?

what is giving you this impression? because it is talking about yesterday?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

here's our protagonist's second mention of flamander, when he bravely cuts off discussion with a hammer because ????

Dude we had like 15 minutes left. That's vote time, not discussion time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

got some chores tonight posted:

i think third scum is flerp im maybe 69% sure about that one

anyway we should lynch mags tonight find out im 100% right and then they can nk me or w/e and just lycnh flerp tmrw and well win ez gg

nice

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

Dude we had like 15 minutes left. That's vote time, not discussion time.

we had the votes, and people were finally talking.

once again, you've intentionally skipped over the actual case. you ignored flam all game until momentum built. your only mention before hammer was in direct opposition to the flam case being good and reasonable. you admit that you were originally not going to vote for him until kashuno said the case was bad :what:

you've had ample chance to speak up and you've just brushed everything else off so I don't see myself moving my vote again today unless there is danger of a no lynch on mags. probably not anyone else unless someone is extremely convincing.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
stickers is this your new thing where you say you want to lynch someone but you vote for someone else the entire game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

got some chores tonight posted:

stickers is this your new thing where you say you want to lynch someone but you vote for someone else the entire game

this sounds really fun actually, but I have been continuously voting for the person in question

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hi I'm a watcher derp visited kash

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote derp

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

wait, it is D3. day 1 he is informed of night 0, day 2 he is informed of night 1. what are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about? We get PMs and confirm, then we start with Day 1, and RF is lynched. Then there's night time, when Kash The Cop can do night actions, and no one is killed. Then Day 2, and Flamander is lynched. Then night 2, Kash might have investigated someone new but it doesn't matter because he gets killed. What the hell is this night 0 you're talking about?

Hey, while we're at it, the one person we can definitively say Kashuno's opinion changed on between D1 and D2 is TNL, when he went from voting him D1 to being convinced he was town D2, so if we're going to start talking about who he might have investigated I think there's a pretty clear answer there.

Incidentally I wonder if the reason stickup has been consistently voting yronic "all game" (read: all of D2, since no one at all voted for him D1) is related to the no-kill N1. I wonder this for Reasons. Hmmmmmm.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

hello friends.

we will begin with a short night zero. it starts now and ends sometime around the point where i wake up or get bored. i will not count votes in this time period but please feel free to begin discussion. in all likelihood, deadline will be monday evening.

a couple points i want to clear up so that no one tries any role comparison shenanigans. you are all 'influences' within the mystical scene of lychford, but very few if any are town council members.

a standard vanilla flip looks like

You are Georgia Binnes, Lychford Vanilla!

You have no extraordinary abilities other than your love of ghosts and eggs. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

If you are town and I said your alignment is anything other than 'Lychford,' I hosed up. Sorry!

i'm hugely inconsistent in terms of flavor so if you try to make flavour arguments you might make a bad mistake sorry!

let me just quote this for you since you seem to be having trouble with it. night zero is a time pregame when some people with actions typically get to use them. we won't know if kashuno's ability worked night 0 until after the game, but given the existence of night zero, some people with actions have abilities to use on night zero

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
nice try but i only visited myself and am a good guy. ##vote mrf the lying scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ok mebbe stickers is scum

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

let me just quote this for you since you seem to be having trouble with it. night zero is a time pregame when some people with actions typically get to use them. we won't know if kashuno's ability worked night 0 until after the game, but given the existence of night zero, some people with actions have abilities to use on night zero

Night zero was not mentioned in my role PM at all, and I have not played in a game that included it, so thank you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Night zero is incredibly rare on SA beyond as a flavor reference to start games. In games where players have actions on night 0 the mod usually makes it clear in thread.

Maybe there were night 0 actions but I'm not assuming any until someone claims one.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I didn't read the post you quoted carefully, somber announcing a short night 0 does suggest some actions but I'm still not going to presume any until I see one claimed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anyway I don't want to start talking about third scum picks until I have a second scum flip but like chores I'm pretty confident it's gonna be mags / Mr. F! The watcher claim and result is too convenient for my liking, I've also thought derp was town all game and his push against Flamander would have to be a really convincing bus.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

I didn't read the post you quoted carefully, somber announcing a short night 0 does suggest some actions but I'm still not going to presume any until I see one claimed.

FWIW the phrasing of "it starts now and ends sometime around the point where i wake up or get bored" doesn't seem to me the kind of thing you say when you're inviting night zero actions; the reason that night phases usually last a while is to give everyone a chance to get actions in and for scum to have some discussions, and an irregularly-scheduled night phase seems like the kind of thing that would end up screwing over someone who wasn't around to send a PM until after Somberbrero "got bored" - and Somber doesn't strike me as the kind of dude who'd run their game that sloppily.

This is of course entirely subjective and I could be terribly wrong, but still, this game's been run on a pretty tight ship so far and that just doesn't seem to fit, so I'm going to assume no n0 actions unless and until someone proves otherwise, I think.

Anyways I'm leaning towards the theory that Mr. F! and stickup are scumbuddies, as it seems a little coincidental to me that just as discussion is turning towards stickup Mr. F! shows up, offers no defense to the fact that momentum is building for a vote against him, and instead throws out a single-line claim, like the posting equivalent of running over and shouting NINJA SMOKE BOMB to provide cover. That's tenuous as hell, but it's my current working theory.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Hi I'm a watcher derp visited kash

Not that I believe you but who did you watch night 1?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
is it not obvious that I had an n0 action? there is no point in announcing an n0 if there aren't n0 actions just because they are so rare.

my action will hopefully result in laughs and I am trying really hard to have it work out but no luck yet

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
I had a boring night 0 action.

Mr F! you need to reveal your N0 and N1 follows. I dont believe you at the moment.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Anyways I'm leaning towards the theory that Mr. F! and stickup are scumbuddies, as it seems a little coincidental to me that just as discussion is turning towards stickup Mr. F! shows up, offers no defense to the fact that momentum is building for a vote against him, and instead throws out a single-line claim, like the posting equivalent of running over and shouting NINJA SMOKE BOMB to provide cover. That's tenuous as hell, but it's my current working theory.

that's a pretty bad strategy. pretty sure mr.f is just not playing.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

i dont see this. if youre a watcher and you got a result like the one mr. f is claiming, of course they would announce it. why would they try to defend themselves when theyve basically just discovered a scumbo?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

flerp posted:

i dont see this. if youre a watcher and you got a result like the one mr. f is claiming, of course they would announce it. why would they try to defend themselves when theyve basically just discovered a scumbo?

I can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but if I was a watcher I'd also note who I watched N1 so that there was some more info out there, figuring that I'd already blown my wad and put a bullseye on my head and wanting to get as many cards on the table as I could. This might be giving Mr. F! too much credit, I grant you.

There's something else I want to bring up but I just realized that it could depend on an incorrect reading of my role PM, so I'm gonna shut up until I get a clarification from Somber

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No N0 action, watched kash both nights. First night my action failed. Second night I saw derp and only derp visit kash

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
why did you choose kashuno on each night?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

No N0 action, watched kash both nights. First night my action failed. Second night I saw derp and only derp visit kash

I don't believe you. You only claimed after you could see plenty of momentum against you. And how convenient your N0 action doesn't tell us anything.

##vote Mr. F!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Your N1 doesn't tell us anything I mean, and you only saw fit to mention it when pressed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll ##unvote to prevent an early hammer.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If we're waiting on weekend content: We should hear more from flerp, imp, and chores I think.

Stickup still reads scummy to me but I see today as a choice between derp and mags.

DCB and TNL sound towny to me.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Chores posted a bunch, actually. Haven't heard much from derp though.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Derp is scum as gently caress, lynching a watcher is dumb

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

Did anyone happen to watch me last night?

If you're the watcher then why did you make this post???

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you're the watcher then why did you make this post???

To throw suspicion off myself being the watcher and also to see if anyone targeted me and was blocked. I think scum probably have a jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I considered claiming I was blocked last game day, but decided against it because it'd put a target on my back.

As far as why I watched kashuno both nights? He's a strong player that is more likely than others in this game to be a night action target

• Locked thread