Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

why the hell would anyone use a word that refers to trying to cut something as a euphemism for urination

Slang has no need for 'sense', my friend.

So. Looks like I'm buying this entire line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Zaa Boogie posted:

Slang has no need for 'sense', my friend.

So. Looks like I'm buying this entire line.

god i've wanted a set of dinobots since I was a wee babby.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

UK Slang is really weird man. Maybe they go to the loo and let out a huge Grimlock too.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Btw can anybody at Hascon pick up an arcee set for me? I will go e you the money ASAP!

Super long shot but I only just learned of it's existence. orz

jassi007 posted:

god i've wanted a set of dinobots since I was a wee babby.

I never owned them as a lad so getting a poseable set that can also combine is super my jam.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You never wake up in the middle of the night to pee, don't turn the bathroom light on because it's too bright and have a Misfire?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

You never wake up in the middle of the night to pee, don't turn the bathroom light on because it's too bright and have a Misfire?

Can't say I have but I'm more familiar with the million shakes, a wring out and still have a bit of dribble.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Shake it once that's fine.

Shake it twice that's okay.

Shake it three times, you're playing with yourself (again).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

No knuckle spikes RUINED FOREVER

The dinobot combiner took them.

God, that looks, uh, yeah.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo everything looks great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haha, he stole predaking's knuckledusters

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Totally going to get all the Dinobots, they look loving amazing

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't know if I'll ever combine them, but I at least want that full set of dinobots, and especially snarl

they all look loving fantastic

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Woah wtf, amazing Dinobots and they combine? Somehow i've dodged every CW/TM combiner so far, but I may have to get this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Boy I really question the decision to make Swoop's head translucent so you can see his dumbass robogrin all the time.

Edit: oh nevermind didn't know there were actual toys on display now and they look way different from the renders. That's good. Prime looks way better than the render too.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 8, 2017

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Throw your tiny second set of hands in the ai-yer
Wave em like you just don't cai-yer

E: What has fourteen fingers and four thumbs

THIS GUY

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Renders look lovely and ugh.

Actual figs on display look good. Oh Hasbro~

Dear DT: One day you need to write a tell all ebook about all the mold permutations and shared components. Sell it for $2 on amazon. You'll make tens of dollars!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Spiderdrake posted:

Renders look lovely and ugh.

Actual figs on display look good. Oh Hasbro~

Dear DT: One day you need to write a tell all ebook about all the mold permutations and shared components. Sell it for $2 on amazon. You'll make tens of dollars!

Do it already Budianskyyyy.

Also I have managed to pick up Arcee and a set of the MTG cards for a pal. I think uh that Groupon sale from a few weeks back is because well...there's not really a lot of people here :nyoron:

For some reason the main programming is in an arena. I have a very sad pic of a very empty panel arena I can share later. I am havibg a pretty good time though. I'm pumped to meet Peter Cullen and frank Welker tomorrow. I will be sad if I don't :(

Also I wonder if I have inadvertently bumped into DT without even realizing it if he is in fact here.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How in the screaming gently caress do you get Blitzwing's legs to fold up, mine will not close at all. It looks like the legs are a millimeter too long to peg in to both the upper thigh and the crotch.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Good Listener posted:

Do it already Budianskyyyy.

Also I have managed to pick up Arcee and a set of the MTG cards for a pal. I think uh that Groupon sale from a few weeks back is because well...there's not really a lot of people here :nyoron:

For some reason the main programming is in an arena. I have a very sad pic of a very empty panel arena I can share later. I am havibg a pretty good time though. I'm pumped to meet Peter Cullen and frank Welker tomorrow. I will be sad if I don't :(

Also I wonder if I have inadvertently bumped into DT without even realizing it if he is in fact here.

How much are the MTG cards at the con?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

I think Sluggslinger might be the only deluxe who is truly hard to find. The case is still up for preorder at Diamond so I might pull the trigger on that. Ramhorn was $11 on Amazon the other day, up to $20 now. I'd honestly be willing to pay $10 just so I don't have to hunt for him. Overlord might also be hard to find at retail but he's up for preorder everywhere for $46. I'm holding off for one more week to see if Diamond is going to get them and then I'm preordering it.

Slugslinger has been the easiest of the last wave to find for me. I found him before even I found the non-revision wave figures and then the one store I found Windblade et all at in restocked with the revision wave

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

SpazmasterX posted:

Boy I really question the decision to make Swoop's head translucent so you can see his dumbass robogrin all the time.

Edit: oh nevermind didn't know there were actual toys on display now and they look way different from the renders. That's good. Prime looks way better than the render too.
I need to see the toys then because I am finding myself distinctly put off by the clear parts and combining of the dinobots.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Arquinsiel posted:

I need to see the toys then because I am finding myself distinctly put off by the clear parts and combining of the dinobots.

Seibertron has the display pictures.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Good Listener posted:

It's possible. I was wearing a Transformers Splatoon shirt this morning when I was off duty (and I'm probably wearing the other one tomorrow).
But as far as pointing me out from the sea of blue - I'm not working in the Transformers area, if that helps, and I doubt you've wandered into where I am working unless you were doing the passport thing.

mehall - The HasCon 3(4) card set is $30 (The one with Grimlock)
The ComicCon set is $165

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Thanks!

If any UK goons are there, and have space in their bag, I will pay 50 quid plus shipping for one of these, so easy double your money.
I get if nobody wants to take that offer, since the sets are about $100 on ebay just now, but any that don't sell are going up Hasbro's store after the event, I just don't want to have to deal with US shipping.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, pretty cool I say.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It's possible. I was wearing a Transformers Splatoon shirt this morning when I was off duty (and I'm probably wearing the other one tomorrow).
But as far as pointing me out from the sea of blue - I'm not working in the Transformers area, if that helps, and I doubt you've wandered into where I am working unless you were doing the passport thing.

The ComicCon set is $165

I have only been by the transformers and mtg areas so I probably haven't then haha. I did that transformers passport thing cuz I needed something to do whole waiting for the Blogatog panel.

That Orion pax potp thing still blew my mind seeing it in person

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Um excuse me, I think you'll find that's Slag's butt.

TFRazorsaw posted:

why the hell would anyone use a word that refers to trying to cut something as a euphemism for urination

The diaspora cannot be trusted with stewardship of the language, it turns out.

'Ave a lovely chippy butty, guv, bobs on a lorry at me flat. Top Gear. Digital Foundry.

Yanks.

Blackheart posted:

Aww, I love him.

I'm actually a little more interested in that one than in the others, at the moment. We'll see how that turns out. Fansproject' raptor is a lady, too.

EDIT: SLOW DOWN THE THREAD YOU GUYS

The_Doctor posted:

The dinobot combiner took them.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, pretty cool I say.

Ooh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 9, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The diaspora cannot be trusted with stewardship of the language, it turns out.

'Ave a lovely chippy butty, guv, bobs on a lorry at me flat. Top Gear. Digital Foundry.

Yanks.

I'm actually a little more interested in that one than in the others, at the moment. We'll see how that turns out. Fansproject' raptor is a lady, too.

Why does he have a Decepticon symbol next to his name?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My only issue with the new Dinobots is that I don't like the size disparity. If one of them had to be bigger, I'd rather it be Sludge for dinosaur reasons, but obviously that doesn't work with the combiner core being the leader. But I'll live with it, and hopefully we'll get some oversized knock-offs, by whatever name you want to use, that'll let me pair official Grimlock with scaled-up deluxes.

And that Optimus Prime's truck cab has some pretty serious issues, but drat that combined robot mode looks amazing.

Are there more Transformer panels this weekend? They teased the Terrorcons pretty heavily, and nothing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

My only issue with the new Dinobots is that I don't like the size disparity. If one of them had to be bigger, I'd rather it be Sludge for dinosaur reasons, but obviously that doesn't work with the combiner core being the leader. But I'll live with it, and hopefully we'll get some oversized knock-offs, by whatever name you want to use, that'll let me pair official Grimlock with scaled-up deluxes.

And that Optimus Prime's truck cab has some pretty serious issues, but drat that combined robot mode looks amazing.

Are there more Transformer panels this weekend? They teased the Terrorcons pretty heavily, and nothing.

It's too late for it now, but there's no reason the torso has to be the leader. Scrapper's a leg.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Optimus's truck mode looks like hot garbage, but I like the idea a lot.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wasn't Sludge mostly the size of the other Dinobots in G1?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Went shopping some where other than usual and found another couple of Slugslingers, and then found a store that had been cleaned out of Twintwists but not anyone else

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's too late for it now, but there's no reason the torso has to be the leader. Scrapper's a leg.
True, but Devastator's the exception that predates all the Scramble City-style guys. You know if they made Grimlock a leg people would have a fit.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Wasn't Sludge mostly the size of the other Dinobots in G1?
Yep, they were all the same size in G1. But if one of them's going to be bigger, I'd like to it be the sauropod.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Leave it to Weijiang.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Swoop was a little shorter than the others.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
This latest wave of reveals seems like the thing I'll look back at "the time when I realized I was done with transformers." I don't even have any complaints, they just seem so bleh. Another Jazz, another Prime, even another Skullgrin. And none of the engineering seems very daring. I keep buying TFs but I don't end up catching the dragon as often as I used to. :/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My evidence clearly shows Sludge is actually the smallest.

e: also just saw that Takara will release TR Megatron's mold as G2 Megatron, but not the green one, the purple archforce one.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 9, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Other posted:

Went shopping some where other than usual and found another couple of Slugslingers, and then found a store that had been cleaned out of Twintwists but not anyone else

Go back and get me one please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Well, time to wait for these to go on preorder.

And to find out when that Arcee set goes up on the Hasbro Toy Shop.