Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Big scoop just in...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/906325070167109632

Oh. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Mr.Tophat posted:

I would look and edit, I won't lie

He can send it to me then. I may think he's absolutely full of poo poo, and himself, but you don't betray the trust people put in you.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

This sounds hilarious. Should've left it in.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You can set your watch to it

Someone posts a juicy bit of info and an hour or two later, Derek tweets about it like he discovered it first

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Derek you can send your blog to me and I promise not to read it just like all your other ones.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Someone posts a juicy bit of info and an hour or two later, Derek tweets about it like he discovered it first

It takes him that long to make sure someone named Steve didn't make it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Mr.Tophat posted:

*Chris turns on the tv*

An image of a drone who labours over code in an office flashes into being on screen and a voice over asks, "Are you tired of deadlines being missed or ignored?" The drone nods sadly. Chris raises an eyebrow and looks around to see if anyone is watching. He draws a little closer.

"Sick of your impressive ambition never gaining traction?" the bodiless narrator asks shrilly, and the drone nods further and gives out a sorrowful, "Sure am." Chris leans further towards to the glow of the television. His eyes widen as hope flutters in his heart.

"Don't you wish there was a better way to ensure your dreams reach the market?" the television blares as Chris crawls towards the television and grasps the set within his hands. The drone on screen nods sadly.

"Yes! Yes!" Chris says excitedly, all fear of those who might overhear him lost at the prospect of salvation.

"Tired of your project making no progress despite all your good ideas and staff?" the narrator cuts back in, "Well, lucky for you, there's a better way!"

"Tell me, tell me! Please!" Chris bellows and shakes the television.

"Well, your answer is here, with our help from the EA studios! With a powerful publisher on your side you can get that game off the ground and away from development hell! Here at EA we are here to help struggling developers just like you reach their potential!"

Chris howls and curls into the fetal position, his spirit finally as broken as his game.

this is good

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.diffchecker.com/yRJon1Ib

quote:

Fixed an issue where player characters would slide along the floor when picking up an item from shelves.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sappo569 posted:

Derek is a punk-rear end who stole everything TheAgent and EightAce ever posted.

It's absolutely hilarious to me that there are goons who genuinely admire him as an "Internet Warlord".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gee that wasn't just posted in the thread was it?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its happening. Not that the ELE is actually happening, but CIG is incompetent enough to actually treat it like something they need to buckle down and close the hatches for. A loving mostly harmless internet warlord and a bunch of idiots in a loving dead rear end comedy forum dictate CIGs actions.

In CIGs eyes, we are patient zero for a plague that will end up destroying their funding. A cancer that will spread bringing about widespread refunds and slowed down funding if not treated quick enough. They know actually releasing content thats not broken in a timely manner is the most effective means to dispel it, but are not capable of producing it. So they go into defcon 5 and hope that the particular brand of zealot can hold the fort regurgitating the same tired lines without applying a single ounce of critical thinking.

Its not enough. I've started to see a concrete shift in opinion now thats a lot like what happened in these forums. The faithful are starting to doubt, the haters are getting bolder and the zealots cant shout them down anymore with the same tired narratives.

Yeah, pretty much :grin:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

big nipples big life posted:

Gee that wasn't just posted in the thread was it?

Our signal was boosted, thank you very much.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Derek meltdown incoming :grin:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

notoriousman posted:

Our signal was boosted, thank you very much.

https://twitter.com/BNBL_Posts/status/906330087389310976

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

2/3rd of my posts don't mention you. You mention you and you find a way to make everything about you and your quest against the great CIG Windmill. Go board up a house or something - you have bigger demons to fight this week.

You can't be this dense. So the fact that - according to you 2/3 (which isn't accurate btw; copy and paste the text, then do a word count you ignorant fool) of your posts (this one in particular) doesn't mention me, that means you didn't mention me?

Let's see.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I don't think you are wrong to point at that this forum really tends to amplify stuff that has nothing to do directly with Star Citizen. Whether or not Chris was a car salesman or getting a divorce or whatever really doesn't matter at all when it comes to the state of the project. You could make an argument that if he previous was not in the games industry (for several years) and now is in charge of a $150m~ project, maybe that's a little weird, but that almost doesn't really matter because the results will speak for themselves. Plenty of people in the industry do a really bad job at managing projects, and many people who've never been in the industry have done fantastic jobs on their first project. Regardless, the way this forum talks about CR's personal life is often times downright embarrassing and on par with the way reddit talks about people and ideas in an echo chamber (Dear SA: Stop being like reddit. Talk about things like not idiots tia.)

My point is that despite the narrative of how dumb Chris is here, or how amazing Chris is on /r/starcitizen, the results should speak for themselves, and I feel like they do. Gamescom was bad, and I feel like you agree with that. 3.0 has been delayed for drat near a year and I think you know as well as I do that a release on Oct 9th is not happening.

I still hope you eventually get a refund, friend!

ManofManyAliases posted:

This was the most reasonable and poignant response in many pages of this thread, which is why I chose to respond to it.

I'm not getting a refund. I'll ride this out to the end and if I lose my money, so be it. I'll be honest - I don't check-in to the project as often as some of you will believe. My primary day job and personal life take a good chunk of my time and I enjoy doing things away from the computer. That said, my initial claim of "disposable income" obviously hit some bleeding hearts in this thread direct-center (oh well). I threw money in I could afford to lose. But, the fact that you have nut jobs like Derek who, as a middle-aged man is not absolutely resolute in his being to let something like a quasi, poorly-manged project flail about to find footing without interjecting his own lovely opinions speaks volumes. He still doesn't get that he's a target of poking-fun, which is all cool and good. But no one here is going to be vindicated until we see the project through.

D_Smart posted:

You're a moron. The fact that you can't make a single post in response to something that doesn't even mention me, without dragging me into it, is evidence that you - like your CIG colleagues and Shitizens - really do fear the fact that, in time, I may be proven to be right about the project.

I am right. There is no getting around that. All we have to do now is wait out the E.L.E.

What comes next, and which is currently playing out, is going to be loving amazing. Guaranteed. Two Weeks.

:siren:Derek Smart was right :siren: :siren:Derek Smart was right :siren: :siren: Derek Smart was right :siren:

In that 3-way exchange, I specifically call you out for mentioning me in an exchange that 1) had NOTHING to do with me 2) didn't even mention me, until you did. But somehow your justification is basically "Well, I don't mention you all the time".

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

thatguy posted:

Derek you can send your blog to me and I promise not to read it just like all your other ones.

Hahahaha gently caress

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

But Derek is saying this is another layer on top of the evocati?

Have you ever seen anything more convoluted, confusing and messy as this, everyone else manages to have something they can roll out as early access without all this nonsense and hiding behind NDAs.

I don't know what blog you are referring to, but the first time I mention Evocati was back when they first announced it.

They basically went from this: Dev -> QA -> PTU -> Live

To this: Dev -> QA -> Evocati -> PTU -> Live

And between Evocati and PTU, the still found a way to profit by allowing subscribers to access that build. Anyone non-subscriber is hosed, and needs to subscribe if they didn't want to wait.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

#interstingbollocks

You want surface detail? That's how you get surface detail.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek Smart is an expert in knowing how often he is mentioned. It is known.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MilesK posted:

You do understand Derek's ELE blog is over a year old and most of the predictions in it didn't come true, right?

Except for the part where there weren't predictions in it. You should stop huffing dragon farts, man. That poo poo will gently caress you up.

But here's one that I called with my crystal ball from that E.L.E blog.

quote:

You could start with the ever-changing ToS which, effective May 31st, 2016 from their inability to deliver as promised, requires them to provide not only refunds, but also a financial accounting of how the money raised from backers, has been spent. They’re unlikely to do it. And there is a reason that they shifted that date from 12 months (expired Nov 30th, 2015) to 18 months (expires May 31st 2016).

They changed the ToS in June 2016. :colbert:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 9, 2017

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Quavers posted:

Derek meltdown incoming :grin:

ding ding ding

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

dragon dildo got a few laughs, maybe i'll keep dragon and try other words

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

ding ding ding

*starts banging knife and fork on the table*

Where's our ELE? Where's our ELE? Where's our ELE?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

The saddest trombone on all the internet is surely the SQ42 sub reddit, it's brilliant

https://www.reddit.com/r/Squadron42/

loving lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Toops posted:

loving lol

Nine plus nine equals two weeks, it's all above board hahaha

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Fixed an issue where player characters would slide along the floor when picking up an item from shelves.

My dog has the same issue when his butt itches.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Mr.Tophat posted:

I will tell you about the ELE soon but first here is 4,000 words about me and Star Citizen while giving minimal credit to anyone who is not Derek Smart because you see it was I Derek Smart w.................

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Bushmaori posted:

ding ding ding

Called it? :confuoot:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Sept 8th "Schedule Report" Report

Schedule Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/yRJon1Ib

quote:

After a solid week of bug fixing and triage, we are happy to report that the critical issue list for Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Evocati is heading back in the right direction. Last week we reported that list had jumped up to 94 major bugs thanks to issues discovered during our Gamescom demos, but this week they received our full attention with a heavy dose of bugsmashing and were brought down to 76. Alongside the triage and bugfixing, we’ve continued to review key features (this week we tackled Comms and Missions), to consider any extra work needed, then we will update the plan for these features for delivery to Evocati, Public PTU, 3.0 LIve, and beyond, as necessary.

This burn down Evocati window is coming to a close soon. Even though this process can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride with crazy fluctuations, even day to day, we feel providing you with this sort of transparency in our development is something of value as you continue this journey with us. We’ll be back next week with further updates as we draw ever closer to 3.0’s unveiling for all our backers.

quote:

Completed: 0
Delayed: 5
Remaining: 8

Delayed:

quote:

Cockpit Experience - ETA is TBD (was 5th September)

Vehicle Customizer App - ETA is 11th September (was 4th September)
UI Engineering have been working to fix a few blocking issues in the Vehicle Customisation code to allow them to continue their work in the way they need. These bugs have taken more time than anticipated, which has impacted the completion estimate.

Ship Selector App & Insurance Claim - ETA is 12th September (was 4th September)
Further bugfixing support on other systems was required over the last week. The UI team is aiming to have this completed by early next week.

Comms System UI - ETA Removed
The entire comms system will undergo final implementation review next week. Should there be any further requirements for UI, these will be identified in that review and estimated out.

Mission System - ETA is TBD (was 1st September)
Feedback from the review is still being estimated out.

Remaining Open:

quote:

- COCKPIT EXPERIENCE
- MISSION GIVERS
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- ADDITIONAL SURFACE OUTPOSTS

No features completed. 5 new delays. 3 features had their ETAs removed.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 9, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Seriously though Derek are you doing anything to prepare for Irma?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

hot balls man no homo posted:

My dog has the same issue when his butt itches.

WORMS WAS NOT A JOKE

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Quavers posted:

Called it? :confuoot:

TBF calling out Derek acting like a big dumb baby is like guessing the sun will rise.

E:

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 9, 2017

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

thatguy posted:

Seriously though Derek are you doing anything to prepare for Irma?

If Derek hasn't, I will feel robbed.

Unless he's gunna save Florida by using his hot air in a contrary direction

"Do you even know how long I've lived in this condo? I bought this house five years ago but my soul claimed it when it was first being built," Derek begins, rising to his full ego height and battling the winds for air time

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ru-Fi-O, Ru-Fi-O, RU-FpaaaAARRP

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek gets buffeted by the winds and screams, "LET ME loving FINISH LIVING MY LIFE"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Ru-Fi-O, Ru-Fi-O, RU-FpaaaAARRP

This caused me to laugh harder than I have all day, thank you

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Derek ascends into the whirlwind, his mind calm, his fists steady. Debris from buildings swirl around him, trees uprooted fling themselves into the current, yet Derek's eyes scan for his true opponent.

"There you are, you thought you could get away from me so easily," Derek shouts in the highwind and readies his knuckles, "I've learned so much since we last met. I call this move...the Blogsphere Special!" Derek roars as he propels himself towards his old nemesis which rattles angrily in the dervish.

The coke machine never stood a chance.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014

Lladre posted:

That future NYC is so terrible, Manhattan is too skinny, the Hudson and the East river are too wide, none of the small islands are there. It's poo poo.

Climate Change Confirmed! Well now that's sorted, is there a game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Except for the part where there weren't predictions in it. You should stop huffing dragon farts, man. That poo poo will gently caress you up.

But here's one that I called with my crystal ball from that E.L.E blog.

They changed the ToS in June 2016. :colbert:

This is hard work, but anyway, in that same blog (and others before it), I had written that their refusal to give refunds was illegal and won't stand up to legal scrutiny. Even as they were refusing refunds, and backers getting frustrated, Croberts was on the record in the media saying they don't refuse refunds if there was a reason to give one. Even though he was already saying that 2.0 was substantial enough to refuse refunds.

Guess what happened? A guy who was refused a sizable refund, read my blogs, and decided to test my theory. He went straight to the CA authorities. They agreed with my assessment. CIG refunded the guy. Several others contacted that same CA office. All of a sudden, refunds were a thing and haven't been refused since.

I wrote about the resulting fallout in my July 2016 blog, The Refund Debacle.

A series of events, starting with the drastic ToS change, the resurgence of refunds - which I "called" in that blog, and every single catastrophe since then, started happening after I set that period at my E.L.E ground zero point of impact. I did that for a reason. And sadly, the primary reason is still not public because I have not been given the OK to make it public. But now that it has escalated, it's going to be public very soon anyway, and it won't be coming from me.

Later that year, in Aug 2016 to be exact, Croberts, not having anything to show backers, unveiled what I had called out, and what they later confessed to, an R&D demo of 3.0 being passed off as gameplay. And now SQ42 release.

Every. Single. Thing they've done since that April 2016 E.L.E blog, has led to the decline of the project and has sped along the E.L.E shockwave, even as whales stuck in Sunk Cost Fallacy, continued to prop it up. But I always knew, and said that they would fail because it simply wasn't sustainable.

Then they went public with LumberYard. Those who read my blogs and articles, should already know that I had said they had no choice but to switch engines.

Oh, they resurrected their version of Star Marine later that year. Why? Because they had nothing else. Pretty much the same poo poo they just pulled at GC2017 with broken mini-3.0 which has no gameplay loop, professions, or any of the myriad of core elements they'd been touting. And face tech that nobody asked for.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 9, 2017