Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

According to everywhere I've read you get 100% status with chromatic blade from 180% power strength.

I'd have to see it mathed out but I can't see that 10% being such a huge game changer it makes it worth it to use the Mire. I'll do some research I guess.

10% of a metric fuckton of toxin from having a toxin colour on excal is still a ton.

It's also free realesta- damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

10% of a metric fuckton of toxin from having a toxin colour on excal is still a ton.

It's also free realesta- damage.

Yeah but you have to potato, get a slot, and use the Mire, which is a pretty bad weapon.

If that's the case I'd just rather have Silva and Aegis Prime to use when I'm not using exalted blade.

Even if it was a straight 10% (not sure what the formula is right now) upgrade that's like going from 250k damage to 225k. I'm basically a Warframe damage obsessive and even I am not gonna hobble myself with the Mire for that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

it's a statstick for three frames, it's worth

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

it's a statstick for three frames, it's worth

Really? What are the other 2?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

valkyr and wukong, the 10% toxin thing is good for any exalted melee, it's one less mod needed for corrosive+blast.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 8, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

valkyr and wukong, the 10% toxin thing is good for any exalted melee, it's one less mod needed for corrosive+blast.

Cool! I'll have to build it again.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This not true. Maybe if you run 4x corpro at all times and never do any higher level stuff, and are running Naramon.

Condition Overload is very powerful.

And more than that, it's a hell of a lot of fun to use, gives you options, and lets you use a bunch of dumb, fun weapons.
You're overstating your case, crit weapons have pretty much always been more powerful than status, and they still are. Lenz Tennaro Soma Atterax Guandao Lex Prime etc etc. All the top weapons are either crit or pure damage.

On PC we run high level stuff constantly and always have 4x corpro. Everyone banks corpro for the clan newbies. Condition overload is fine as a gimmick and it's fun sure. But in the time it takes to build status and then kill them someone else in the group would have blown up whatever you were trying to build status on before you get a chance to finish it off. Especially with the weapons where you can build either status or crit it's always easier to just go crit.

The game is so easy though you can just do whatever you want, but newbies should just go crit and not worry about status builds until they are not newbies anymore, especially with edge case weapons like lesion and other gimmick status weapons that tend to have below average damage or range problems.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So what I'm hearing here is to continue to shot things with my shotgun, a crit weapon, and not worry about this too much until, say, Excalibur Umbra turns up.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
reading the wiki it looks like i need to wait until im at neptune, europa or the void to be able to get the control module part to make the rhino systems part to finish this rhino i got the blueprint for yeah? that's a bit of a shame, i maxed my frost prime and the terrible idiot in me hates the idea of "wasting" affinity gain but also i dont want to go back to my loki frame

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Washout posted:

You're overstating your case, crit weapons have pretty much always been more powerful than status, and they still are. Lenz Tennaro Soma Atterax Guandao Lex Prime etc etc. All the top weapons are either crit or pure damage.

On PC we run high level stuff constantly and always have 4x corpro. Everyone banks corpro for the clan newbies. Condition overload is fine as a gimmick and it's fun sure. But in the time it takes to build status and then kill them someone else in the group would have blown up whatever you were trying to build status on before you get a chance to finish it off. Especially with the weapons where you can build either status or crit it's always easier to just go crit.

The game is so easy though you can just do whatever you want, but newbies should just go crit and not worry about status builds until they are not newbies anymore, especially with edge case weapons like lesion and other gimmick status weapons that tend to have below average damage or range problems.

Why are you posting about primaries when we're talking about melee, why are you using the case of all 4 people coordinated and using the correct aura as an automatic given?

This is the exact same thing as someone asking about Bloodrush and me randomly launching into a spiel about how Condition Overload is better for a level 145 Bombard when you're playing solo.

He asked about what you do with Condition Overload, not the theoretical best case for damage in a scenario you invented.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

quite stretched out posted:

reading the wiki it looks like i need to wait until im at neptune, europa or the void to be able to get the control module part to make the rhino systems part to finish this rhino i got the blueprint for yeah? that's a bit of a shame, i maxed my frost prime and the terrible idiot in me hates the idea of "wasting" affinity gain but also i dont want to go back to my loki frame

Join the clan ask someone to taxi you to the void. Its the simplest thing possible and you will be swimming in control modules.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
hm okay cool, i'll do that if i'm around tonight. does the game run in to many latency problems between continents? i'm already in the clan but i'm australian so my other concern is just if there's likely to be people active whenever i happen to be on haha

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Latency usually isn't a major issue, as long as the connection is otherwise stable.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Can you get to the Void yet? Control modules drop a lot there even though it's supposed to be rare. Because the rare slot got taken by Argon Crystals.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Man, I forgot how to razorback temporarily since the last time. Loki OP.

Never thought I'd ever get magma chamber though. Guess I get to cross my fingers for searing steel while farming my last gorgon piece. I know it's just for terrible arch wing weapons but my inner collection sperg cries out for completion.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Baro inv:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Differences between angstrum and prisma version. That charge rate is a pretty big increase!

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Not that impressive selection

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sormus posted:

Not that impressive selection

Ooof. Check out the poo poo that's on console today. It's impact mods and Corrupted Bombard Specter

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Ooof. Check out the poo poo that's on console today. It's impact mods and Corrupted Bombard Specter

Woof. Looks like I get to conserve some ducks.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Captainicus posted:

Differences between angstrum and prisma version. That charge rate is a pretty big increase!

Welp. Time to poopsock the weekend for ducks.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

I am gonna stick with my Gas +Electric Chromatic Blade build for Excalibur because holy poo poo did you guys forget that Chain Lightning is a thing? That clears entire rooms by clipping one guy.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
poo poo! I want Tempo Royale and Astral Twilight. I need to farm credits, and fast (I have the ducats).

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why are you posting about primaries when we're talking about melee, why are you using the case of all 4 people coordinated and using the correct aura as an automatic given?

This is the exact same thing as someone asking about Bloodrush and me randomly launching into a spiel about how Condition Overload is better for a level 145 Bombard when you're playing solo.

He asked about what you do with Condition Overload, not the theoretical best case for damage in a scenario you invented.

I'm trying to make the point that crit or pure damage is the highest damage and easiest to build for. Condition overload is for gimmick builds and some normally bad weapons can be good if you use the gimmick, but it's still a lot easier to just build crit or pure damage instead.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I was in this exact same spot but stumbled upon the Ayatan Sculpture treasure quest you get from Maroo in the bazaar station. Had to replay twice to beat the treasure room at the end but that just made it more intense and since it's in the Void scouted down some control modules.

Worth it just for the massive amounts of Endo you get for selling the (slotted up) sculpture though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why don't explosive weapons just knock you into the air and give you a knockdown effect?

That would be a good meet in the middle somewhere as opposed to vaporizing you instantly. It's pretty annoying and exposes you to a lot of damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You haven't framed until you've been vauban with an ogris, laughing and guffawing as you effortlessly instakill twenty high level enemies trapped in your bastille at once, then instantly reducing yourself to a graceful mist of elementary particles when a pubbie darts in front of you at the wrong time

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Colgate posted:

poo poo! I want Tempo Royale and Astral Twilight. I need to farm credits, and fast (I have the ducats).

How do I get ducats? I read you have to sell prime parts, but where do i get these prime parts?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Colgate posted:

don't buy astral twilight, it's so common now to the point where you can ask anyone in the clan that has farmed kuva for one.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

imatree posted:

How do I get ducats? I read you have to sell prime parts, but where do i get these prime parts?

1. Get relics from mission rewards (usually the extra bonus for clearing more waves or staying longer) relics are divided into 'eras' (lith, meso, neo, axi)
2. You then take/equip a relic on a rift mission. Rifts are always 1 era only. If you beat the mission and collect 10 glowing fragments everyone rolls for an item from the relic they brought then chooses one of the items rolled. These items are always either prime parts, prime blueprints, or a forma
3. At the relay the trader appears at there's a kiosk where you can trade these parts ans blueprints fot ducats at the concourse right next to him.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Captainicus posted:

That doesn't look like much but that fixes a lot of downsides to the angstrum actually.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Anyone have any speed tips for clearing the razorback? Inaros with Negation Swarm and Soma Prime or Tigris have been alright for me, Mesa is also decent.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Coolness Averted posted:

1. Get relics from mission rewards (usually the extra bonus for clearing more waves or staying longer) relics are divided into 'eras' (lith, meso, neo, axi)
2. You then take/equip a relic on a rift mission. Rifts are always 1 era only. If you beat the mission and collect 10 glowing fragments everyone rolls for an item from the relic they brought then chooses one of the items rolled. These items are always either prime parts, prime blueprints, or a forma
3. At the relay the trader appears at there's a kiosk where you can trade these parts ans blueprints fot ducats at the concourse right next to him.

Most prime parts sell for different amounts of ducks. Gold ones are the best followed by silver and then bronze.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Not sure if it's the same on PC but on PS4 you can generally sell the parts (that you were going to trade for ducats) in trade chat, and then buy what you need from other players for a lot less.

Also you save sets for selling stuff when it gets vaulted.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 9, 2017

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Thanks I throught the prime parts were specific for ducat trading.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Ducats and Baro are introduced to rid the player inventory of unwanted prime parts, in the hopes the trading prices would stabilize and not worth zero. If you're new and just started, there is nothing in Baro's shop that you really need right away (with the exception of some dual Stat mods). You are better off building your prime parts into weapons and frames for actual use and mastery rank, or trade them for platinum. Even the most useless prime part could be sold for at least 2 Plat during Baro's visit.

Several Primed mods are essential for godly builds, sure, but keep in mind they are useless unless ranked up. And ranking a primed mod to max takes 40,920 endo and 2 million credits. Those are not expensive if you've playing for a while but farming to specifically get those will require serious poopsocking.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

^^^^^^^^^That entire post was great advice. You could also be a lazy turd like me and not max all your Primed Mods to save on Endo since that last level requires 50% of the entire amount.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hmmm...I got all the parts for Gorgon Wraith and a Gorgon Riven. I think it's a sign.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Someone get an Angstrum for me and I'll buy it at a reasonable price, I'll be working too much to get ducats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So I got a 50% off and spent real money on fake money.

I now have the prettiest rhino. (all I bought was the colour palette and the edo plates. Got the best Rhino Helm in a mission and the Fargor skin too.) When I channel melee I'm like a loving Christmas tree, its amazing!