Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I havent been cc'd either. Im the doc and i am protecting myself. Yes its weird but this game is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
youre the only person who has said this game is weird

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and you seem to be constantly reitterating that constantly in some vain hope it will convince us all that it is a weird game

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Flerp what picture was in your role PM? Was it the word Weird? b/c FYI it's a weird game about witches.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yes i have a weird picture of a cat, but nobody has flipped as a weird role like mason/doc/message receiver

the flavor might be weird but none of the roles have made me think this game has any weird dumb fusion roles

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Message reciever isnt a role, sender is. And i was added to the masinry by someone else

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
are you confirmed to your mason buddy?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
No, and i wont name him until he wants to

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
cool thanks id vote you again but i already have so imagine theres another vote here

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Thats fine, if i die at least i know i stopped a kill and outed one scum and helped kill a third. Pr good game for me so far

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ive done everything i could guys i just have to hope you all dont gently caress it up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but as a future point of refernece, please dont put someone at -1 when there's 3 days left to lynch, theres no value in it unless youre scum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Flerp I don't understand why you are acting so dire about this game. You're acting like we voted out town yesterday instead of scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
because we havent won the game. being complacent will lose us the game. we need to keep lynching scum and gettting confident is an easy way for us to lose.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah but you are acting like the sky is falling and the game will be lost if we vote Magnus. I don't know why you are defending him so strongly, he's barely said anything prior to this watcher claim. Why are you so convinced he's town?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

VOTE DERP YOU FLIPPING IDIOTS.

IM NOT LYING. I WATCHED HIM VISIT KASH HIM AND HIM ALONE.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah but you are acting like the sky is falling and the game will be lost if we vote Magnus. I don't know why you are defending him so strongly, he's barely said anything prior to this watcher claim. Why are you so convinced he's town?

im not defending mr. f im saying mr. drp is sccum thresa big differenece

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
holy poo poo i drinkw ay more than i shoudlfe myb

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

VOTE DERP YOU FLIPPING IDIOTS.

IM NOT LYING. I WATCHED HIM VISIT KASH HIM AND HIM ALONE.

Mr F, Derp has claimed doctor. You have claimed watcher. One of you is lying scum. All else being equal, better to accidentally lynch the watcher than the doc.

But it's not all equal, because you are pretty scummy. Sorry if you're not, it's just the most logical option due to mechanics.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Has anyone ever heard of a paranoid/reverse/miller watcher? Would be a weird role because it relies specifically on naming a different person than the one being watched. Maybe a framer role exists?

## unvote until someone considers that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Has anyone ever heard of a paranoid/reverse/miller watcher? Would be a weird role because it relies specifically on naming a different person than the one being watched. Maybe a framer role exists?

## unvote until someone considers that.

There have been games with scum roles that can make themselves appear to be another player in tracking and watching results. It's not very common but in a game with shapeshifter scum it would fit the flavor.

Where I stand is that I thought mags was scummy and derp town before the tracker claim and that's still my impression now. It's possible they're both town with some trickery going on though.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

There have been games with scum roles that can make themselves appear to be another player in tracking and watching results. It's not very common but in a game with shapeshifter scum it would fit the flavor.

Where I stand is that I thought mags was scummy and derp town before the tracker claim and that's still my impression now. It's possible they're both town with some trickery going on though.

Ya my fear now is that Derp and Mr F are both town, which means lynching one after the other might lose us a doc and a watcher.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

flerp posted:

im not defending mr. f im saying mr. drp is sccum thresa big differenece

You are defending him though. You've argued a few times that Mags would have lied about a different person killing Kash if he was scum, for example. Once in all caps. If that's not defending mags what would you call it instead?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

As something to think about, Mags claimed ability failure night 1 and suggested he was jailed. (Kashuno may have been jailed instead which would also make a watch ability fail.) However it's unlikely that scum blocked their own kill with their jailer so something else must have stopped their nightkill.

Idk if we have a town roleblocker but if we do it may be a good idea to claim who you blocked that night. Other possibilities explaining the no kill are that derp was targeted and blocked his own kill, that either yronic or DCB were targeted and DCB's bulletproof was burned, or that scum delayed their night 1 kill for a two kill night on night 2.

For what it's worth I've almost never seen a doctor role that could both self target and also protect the same person multiple times in a row; such a role would be unkillable for the scum team without them using another ability. If derp and DCB are both town with the roles they claimed they can theoretically protect each other indefinitely.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My frank opinion is that if derp was busing Flamander he did a very convincing job of it and was on him all of day 2. I've seen derp bus buddies before so it wouldn't be too out of character for him, but I don't remember him doing it with the focus and persistence he put into pushing Flamander.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Ya my fear now is that Derp and Mr F are both town, which means lynching one after the other might lose us a doc and a watcher.

I don't follow. One or the other must be lying, right?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I mean, that's by far the strongest case we've got, scummy as I find stickup (who had a lot to say about his reasons for coming at me, btw, but is now suddenly silent when things are getting interesting).

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

I don't follow. One or the other must be lying, right?

Unless there is a framer / Mr F's role is insane or something.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've never heard of an insane tracker or watcher. I've seen watchers have built-in chances of failure but never a watcher who got outright untrue results (that weren't caused by a scum role anyway).

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I am a little conflicted on mr f and derp in light of derp claiming to self protect each night. without this one point, I lean mr f for sure. I agree with tnl wrt derp and flam, and imp wrt watcher over doctor.

yronic heroism posted:

I mean, that's by far the strongest case we've got, scummy as I find stickup (who had a lot to say about his reasons for coming at me, btw, but is now suddenly silent when things are getting interesting).

yeah gently caress me for not posting friday night, right? not really gonna post today either.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
everytime someone claims selfprotecting nightly doc i just assume theyre vt

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

that's a pretty bad strategy. pretty sure mr.f is just not playing.

All you said about Mr. F's claim yesterday (part one of two, I'm phoneposting)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

why did you choose kashuno on each night?

Part 2 of 2. Calling this Friday night is also stretching it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

All you said about Mr. F's claim yesterday (part one of two, I'm phoneposting)

ahh I see, granted I have been tunneling you p hard and didn't comment. I thought you just meant not around in general

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I wish I had a second vote for yronic

And then stickup is right back calling all aboard for the train. Sad!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

Part 2 of 2. Calling this Friday night is also stretching it.

this part is just idiotic, and the same dumb double down that made me jump on you the first time. do you really think it reasonable to dictate my schedule for playing mafia on the dead somethingawful comedy forums?

friday, after I stopped working, I posted once with what I feel is a pretty important question to ask. then, I got ready and met my friend (first time in 8 years :sun:). to me, the distinction between "stretching the definition of friday night", and "calling the time when you are going out with a friend for the night after work, and through the night, without looking at the forums friday night" is pretty clear

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if this were a lawless, bastard mafia with no rules, I would pay the vig a new avatar of their choice to kill you right now!! :murder:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I just realized that my avatar and the :sun: kinda have a simliar vibe

:sun:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

if this were a lawless, bastard mafia with no rules, I would pay the vig a new avatar of their choice to kill you right now!! :murder:

also this is a joke don't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

derp posted:

hello i am the doctor and can protect myself every night so that's what im gunna do. probably not the best strategy to claim but it seems like what my character would do

Just gonna note that derp has been "claiming" self-protecting doc since role PMs dropped

It sounded like a dumb jokeclaim to me then and it sounds like a dumb jokeclaim to me now, but since some of you have played mafia with derp before maybe you'll know whether that's the kind of thing he would do or whether upon being revealed by a watcher he cast about for the first BS claim that popped into his head

• Locked thread