Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Yeah, there's a ton of reasons to be afk at any given time, that's not a useful case on its own but either you're town playing very badly with your disinterest with claims going down or you are scum doing your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

you've had ample chance to speak up and you've just brushed everything else off so I don't see myself moving my vote again today unless there is danger of a no lynch on mags. probably not anyone else unless someone is extremely convincing.

here's me proclaiming support to kill mr f before 4pm. I'm pretty sure you're only about an hour ahead of me in jumping on the mr f bandwagon there, yronic.

yronic heroism posted:

I kind of agree with this though. If stickup is just a bad town player, Mr F would top my list.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

When did derp claim doctor? And he's obviously not a doctor if he claimed he targeted himself and instead was redirected to kash. Because then kash wouldn't be dead.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

So derp is a liar

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The more likely scenario is derp is scum and claimed doc to get the doc to counter claim.

There is no doc because the town has strong roles, joat and watcher therefore no counter to derps claim

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, derp, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
derp (2): Mr. F!, flerp
yronic heroism (1): this is a stickup

Not Voting (3): 2 penny bottle imp, DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

When did derp claim doctor? And he's obviously not a doctor if he claimed he targeted himself and instead was redirected to kash. Because then kash wouldn't be dead.

Who said anything about a redirector?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
do we really need 2 more days of this poo poo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

look we're done with this day

everyone in this game except whatever dcb thinks (i dont read his posts theyre all bad) thinks mags is scum except the two scum players can we just go on to day 3

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Ninth Layer posted:

tbf my first thought when someone said insane watcher was redirection

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

*everyone in this game except dcb (i dont read his posts theyre all bad) and the two living scum players thinks mags is scum can we just go on to day 3

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I claimed doctor with my firt post hoping to draw a kill with wifom. It worked. You are hail mary trying to kill a pr and take one for your team since everyone thinks youre scum anyway and youre probably tired of playing.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Mr. F! posted:

The only reason Im not voting you is because of the chance that there's a scum framing role, allowing both your and Derp's role to coexist.

The fact that you have ignored this theory and also have not looked up when Derp roleclaimed is incredibly scummy / bad play.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

do we really need 2 more days of this poo poo

Confirmed town post

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Chores is so wrong he's probably scum

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Who wants to bet theres no doc in this game

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

So do you think I'm lying about my claim?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

derp posted:

I claimed doctor with my firt post hoping to draw a kill with wifom. It worked. You are hail mary trying to kill a pr and take one for your team since everyone thinks youre scum anyway and youre probably tired of playing.

How could I be tired of playing when I've hardly played? You're trying to get a power role lynched. When I flip town what will you say?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Who wants to bet theres no doc in this game

Ignore this post please you're not allowed to bet in maf games

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

So do you think I'm lying about my claim?

This isn't an answer to the question I asked you.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

This isn't an answer to the question I asked you.

well if it wasn't redirection and you believe that derp is not lying then it doesn't matter who mentioned redirection does it?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Mr F, Derp has claimed doctor. You have claimed watcher. One of you is lying scum. All else being equal, better to accidentally lynch the watcher than the doc.

But it's not all equal, because you are pretty scummy. Sorry if you're not, it's just the most logical option due to mechanics.

This is, , ,

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Bad

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

If that theory is bad the only logical play is to lynch you then derp. Barring the framer theory, one of you is lying scum. Doc is a better role than watcher, and therefore we shouldn't risk the doc role in figuring out who is lying.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

If that theory is bad the only logical play is to lynch you then derp. Barring the framer theory, one of you is lying scum. Doc is a better role than watcher, and therefore we shouldn't risk the doc role in figuring out who is lying.

Cribbing your decision on who to lynch on claimed roles is bad tho

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Cribbing your decision on who to lynch on claimed roles is bad tho

Stop being obtuse. If you are claiming opposite truths, either one is lying scum, or there is false information in the game (ie: a framer).

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Stop being obtuse. If you are claiming opposite truths, either one is lying scum, or there is false information in the game (ie: a framer).

Yes and you're saying you want to vote me over derp because my role is less valuable than deeps

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

a framer wouldn't affect a watcher's result, unless we're dealing with an avant garde framer. a redirect is much more likely, but not as likely given that we have no other reason to suspect a redirect. there simply isn't enough to go on.

if you want to buy into theoreticals, where do the two of them fit if the 2nd kill was an SK? jail or bp stops one kill N1, and both scum+sk kill get through N2. are they both lying in this case?

if derp was redirected and mags saw him, then we're utterly hosed because we're playing night action mafia in a game with multiple kills and likely non-town redirection

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

Yes and you're saying you want to vote me over derp because my role is less valuable than deeps

in a state where we are choosing between you and derp, yes, I believe derp wins here. even in a role vacuum.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

in a state where we are choosing between you and derp, yes, I believe derp wins here. even in a role vacuum.

But don't base your vote preference on who has the more powerful role.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

But don't base your vote preference on who has the more powerful role.

Why not? Consider the scenario matrix:

If we lynch you first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 town watcher lost.

If we lynch Derp first:
-And you are scum: 1 scum lynched, 1 doctor lost.
-And you are not scum: 1 scum lynched, no power roles lost.

To minimize risk, we should clearly lynch you first. Except that i really do believe a framer role is possible. And frankly I think Stickup is purposefully avoiding proper analysis by redirecting to SK talk out of nowhere.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

If we lynch you first:

If we lynch Derp first:

To minimize risk, we should clearly lynch you first. Except that i really do believe a framer role is possible. And frankly I think Stickup is purposefully avoiding proper analysis by redirecting to SK talk out of nowhere.

If we lynch you first:

If we lynch Derp first:

So do you believe I'm lying scum or not?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
derp is scum and imp is also prob scum.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

So do you believe I'm lying scum or not?

I do, BUT ever since I thought there might be a framer I can't go through with lynching you with a derp followup if needed. Risk of lynching 2 power roles is too high.

But no one is really buying the framer thing so by deadline I'll probably end up voting you.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this game is so loving garbage

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

this game is so loving garbage

Someone want to vig this debbie downer?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

And frankly I think Stickup is purposefully avoiding proper analysis by redirecting to SK talk out of nowhere.

what

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Never mind that I didn't see that you were asking about an SK as a hypothetical.

We have at least 3 claimed roles that can block a kill: doc, bodyguars, and jailer. Hard to say at this point what happened N1. Im trying not to read into it with more info.

At this point Im going to try and hop back on the Yronic bandwagon, mostly based on his D1 voting (flipping at last moment). I really want more info on the two counterclaimera before going down that road.

## vote yronic

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

flerp posted:

derp is scum and imp is also prob scum.

I agree this is the likely alternative if mags is not scum, but still believe a mags/stickup scumteam is most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

derp posted:

He made up a lame claim to get me killed cause pressure was on. I have been 100% honest this game. I am a doc and ive protected myself every night, just like i said. it stopped the kill one night. I got a message n1 that said flamander was scum and tnl town. I told the thread. And it turned out true for flam. Im also mason with another player who can attest to my truthfulness if they choose to. He is making up lies to sow confusion. Hes scum.

I don't love me this mason claim though.

• Locked thread