Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
Yay! I'm sure Thierry will do wonderful things. Wonderful indeed and not at all morally dubious! His portrait turned out absolutely wonderful, beautiful job!

I'm going to second Guild Tenebris.

Sparda219 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Since the purpose of the guild is to dive deep into Yggdrasil's labyrinth, get to its roots, and use the parts they take from it to make themselves stronger...

Guild Nidhogg?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

...No? Deaf people are people. They can talk.

Apologies, jumped to the idea of using smilies for sign language., didn't mean to be rude.

How about Ratatoskr

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

BrightWing posted:

Apologies, jumped to the idea of using smilies for sign language., didn't mean to be rude.

Ah, I see. I apologize if I came off as a bit harsh!

Also, through my own arbitrary decision, and because I like the parallel idea, we're going with Tenebris.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 42. Lots of fun for people that are fans of bosses.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Also EOU is up.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Those post-game bosses that harrass you early game are always wierd to me.
Their stats make them look like something you should take on rather early in the post-game but the quests that want you to kill them come rather late which results in pretty easy fights.
Maybe it's meant as carthasis? Although that would be a 20 to 40 hour grudge you are expected to be holding against something not too difficult to maneuver around in the first place.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

What a glorious update it was.

Crushing bosses in EO will never ever get old.

Also, a lot of the skills in this game look a lot of fun to use.

The characters just make it so much better!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Getting the town NPCs as guests on your level is a pretty nice postgame perk, I have to say.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I think the king press move is there just to scare you when you first fight him.

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
The Oliphant. Such a beautiful and majestic creature... mercilessly done away with in a matter of a few turns.

All for a fishing rod.

EO giveth, and Ragnar taketh away. Such is life, but I'm still looking to take that thing on if I ever get the game.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Is it sad that when Kaelin said this, my first thought was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXaLHBdyH0

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I don't remember if I've said this, but thank you for making this LP!

Especially the class writeups.

Seeing a version of EO5 I could understand really helped with the wait.

So thanks. I'm happy the LP exists.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Given that it's been almost two weeks since the last update, I feel I should say that this is still going! I'm just unable to work on either EO5 or EOU right now due to my laptop not playing nicely with my capture card 3DS and dropping frames a bunch, meaning I'll have to do all my recording at home, where my desktop is, until holiday break. Meaning I'll only really be able to record on weekends, double meaning I'll have to record backlogs.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 43. Seriously what is with those puddings.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Who's that FOE with the hard, hard beak?
eight feet tall with a soft physique
How's a FOE like that FOE feel?
running for its life from a firestorm spiel

Octolord - nobody suspects a thing
Octolord - he's already dying

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We've really left the concept of "floor" far behind us, haven't we? The separations are just us trying to make sense of the universe and often failing miserably.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Glazius posted:

We've really left the concept of "floor" far behind us, haven't we? The separations are just us trying to make sense of the universe and often failing miserably.

You ain't seen nothing yet with regards to leaving the concept of "floors" behind.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?
Good to see Atlus crossing over with Splatoon!

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
These floors look more exhausting than EO2U's sixth stratum, and that message on entering the 29th floor isn't helping the matter. Also that hidden FOE is a nice callback but drat, is that a large set of skills or what? At 14 skills if you count its regular attack, It only falls two skills shy of Ur-Child.

Decidedly easier to put down, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
A huge pain to find again if you die against it, or fail to snag its conditional drop. 1% chance to spawn per step taken can mean that you'll be there for a long while.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Now the one thing I truly desire is a picture of Raven in that all-powerful sundress.
Bit disappointed that the ever awful transporter mazes will be returning, but at least they're better than the Etrain Odyssey 2 ones? That's something?
Also; Kaelin's actually a banana. That is canon now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I kinda expected something more abstract from the descriptions "pudding with legs in high heels". Like something out of Gyo, but with puddings instead of rotting fish. What we have is uh, actually a little bit cute.

glocknar
May 17, 2017
you know, the telanova backstory for A, B, and C just got ten times funnier in the context that they are all monsters.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

glocknar posted:

you know, the telanova backstory for A, B, and C just got ten times funnier in the context that they are all monsters.

Every time I think about this situation I just imagine the SNL ¿Qué hora es? skit we watched in Spanish class in high school, but with EO5 monsters instead.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

i have never prayed more for death than i have throughout the entirety of "29F"

my raw footage of this loving "floor" is 2 and a half hours long

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Uh, at least you made it to 30F?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
*insert five TPKs here*

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Kemix posted:

*insert five TPKs here*

it was more than that

way more

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Your suffering is appreciated Ragnar. This is going to be magical. :allears:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, thanks in advance, I guess? Is 30F a victory lap or even more even worse bullshit?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glazius posted:

Well, thanks in advance, I guess? Is 30F a victory lap or even more even worse bullshit?

Frankly? I'm hoping Magda meets her patron constellation. We've already met the upgraded squirrels, I'd be disappointed if we didn't get an EO2 style dinogator.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Just taking a moment to say: now that the demos out in English all of the class write ups have been a huge help, thank you!

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Some addendum on some postgame monsters:

-Seal Octopus: Only use Binding Dance on turn 1; will just attack regularly thereafter
-Stardust: See those disable resistances? Panicking them disables Invitation to the Netherworld as well, so use that and you have a lot of time to kill them
-Doomwheel: They actually start using Revenge Revolution when any of their allies are killed, not when they're damaged.
-Trick Parrot: They can also counter physical. They have a rotation that goes like this: Counter physical elements -> Counter magical elements -> Attack.
-Asura Cicada: They only use Death Throes if you kill them with elemental attacks. Stick to pure physical attacks and they do nothing when they die (you'll be hitting 50% resistance but better kill slowly than get blown for 400 damage in the face, right?)
-Night Lady: The charge up move is not for Walpurgisnacht, but rather move that replaces the current enemy formation with other monsters. If she's alone by the end of the second turn she will be replaced by two Imps, but if there's at least one other monster at that point, she will replace all of them with a Propagating Nightmare. I'm not actually sure what prompts her to use Walpurgisnacht, because during a few of my test battles just now I did not see her go for any (maybe not having any other monsters on the field before her first turn will prompt it?)

Also, You can use the viewing crystal accessory that's in that 9F chest to see where the pudding FOEs are (on the minimap) even when they're diving. Same goes for the Phantom in 13F in that miasma.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 2, 2017

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 44. I'm kinda glad to have that done with!

Also we have the second-to-last boss to vote on a party for I guess!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kaelin, Love!Mio, Gram

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I will still be voting for Devastating Fighter Cecil, as well as Ghost Destroying Lanzon, and Omnimancer Kaelin. I've personally ran a Devastating Fighter on a run I had a couple of weeks ago, and this is the kind of damage you can expect from it:

The user in this case was I believe level 68 or 69 (a few levels higher than this LP's run), and there weren't much setup involved in it, because my party didn't allow the usage of either of its charge moves. All the character involved was Overexertion, other buffs I could afford to setup (I only had Armor Piercing, Moaning Ghosts and Advantageous Position at like level 6 or 7), then Giant Killer a couple of times. (For the record, Overexertion recoil happens before the attack takes place.) Hopefully this is enough to convince a few more people to give it a try.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RegalStar posted:

I will still be voting for Devastating Fighter Cecil, as well as Ghost Destroying Lanzon, and Omnimancer Kaelin. I've personally ran a Devastating Fighter on a run I had a couple of weeks ago, and this is the kind of damage you can expect from it:

The user in this case was I believe level 68 or 69, and there were no setup involved in it, because my party didn't allow the usage of either of its charge moves. All the character involved was Overexertion, other buffs I could afford to setup (I only had Armor Piercing, Moaning Ghosts and Advantageous Position at like level 6 or 7), then Giant Killer a couple of times. (For the record, Overexertion recoil happens before the attack takes place.) Hopefully this is enough to convince a few more people to give it a try.

...Uh, dang. Now I feel kind of bad for being dismissive of it. One of those cases where something is better in practice than it is on paper, I guess.

I mean, I still prefer having binds available, but...

e: Okay Giant Killer has 600% damage if you proc the HP-based damage amp. I don't know what I was thinking being dismissive of that.

Rea fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 2, 2017

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I vote for Love!Mio, Death Warding Raven, and Ruler of Fire, Ice, and Lightning Kaelin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Voting for Deathbringing Raven, love!Mio, and Bind!Cecil

• Locked thread