Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hi hungry for attention, I'm dad.

I learned it from watching you, dad.
:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage posted:

I think Rødby to Skagen is the longest single trip you can take through Denmark (not counting Greenland or the Faroe Islands), taking about five and a half hour. https://goo.gl/maps/aa6ay7Dgtwp

lol, I've driven longer than that and not even crossed my home state

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

No, because hurricanes are named in alphabetical order, alternating between male and female names. Jaguar doesn't fit the convention at all. This is an awful suggestion.
:goonsay:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

No, because hurricanes are named in alphabetical order, alternating between male and female names. Jaguar doesn't fit the convention at all. This is an awful suggestion.
:goonsay:

After they run out of letters in the Roman Alphabet they start using letters from the Greek Alphabet. They only had to do that one year. 2005 had Hurricanes Beta and Epsilon and Tropical Storms Alpha, Gamma, Delta, and Zeta.

It's extremely unlikely that there will ever be an Atlantic Hurricane Season so active that they run out of Greek letters, but just in case there's an informal understanding that at that point they will start using the names of the Space Marine Legions from Warhammer 40,000

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

i can't wait for hurricane ultramarine

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The good news is Hurrican Halflife will never drop.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

Evacuating the important things from Miami.

To be fair, a sculpture like that would be extremely valuable and it makes sense to take it.

e: Apparently it's the Viaje Fantástico by Roberto Fabelo usually installed in the Plaza Vieja. e2: apparently it's one of an edition of 5, but anyway this thing is probably worth at least a few million so yeah put it in your truck.

Pick has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Sep 9, 2017

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

After they run out of letters in the Roman Alphabet they start using letters from the Greek Alphabet. They only had to do that one year. 2005 had Hurricanes Beta and Epsilon and Tropical Storms Alpha, Gamma, Delta, and Zeta.

It's extremely unlikely that there will ever be an Atlantic Hurricane Season so active that they run out of Greek letters, but just in case there's an informal understanding that at that point they will start using the names of the Space Marine Legions from Warhammer 40,000

Beta was a hurricane and Alpha was just a tropical storm? :thunk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup, they name the storm systems.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

lol, I've driven longer than that and not even crossed my home state

There's that great saying a came across somewhere, probably SA, that goes something like: "In Europe a hundred miles is far away, in the US a hundred years is long ago." or something to that extent.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
My work is a couple hundred meters away from that museum, and I didn't even know it was in Aarhus.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Cythereal posted:

Evacuating the important things from Miami.

Shaved bronze chick rides giant cock?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
rear end , Grass, or surrealist sculpture

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Beta was a hurricane and Alpha was just a tropical storm? :thunk:

they name them before they become hurricanes. Alpha popped up first.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Choco1980 posted:

Alpha popped up first.

I bet it did!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hollismason posted:

rear end , Grass, or surrealist sculpture

Chances are most people are gonna have one of the three on them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Do you think they just hand out driving licenses to 18-year-olds without any kind of test? :psyduck:

Nah, you still have to take a behind the wheel test that is literally just driving around and not running over pedestrians and maybe a three point turn. They don't even make you parallel park anymore in most places.

No written test in many places if you are over 18 though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

someone post the inevitable and undoubtedly extant "Virgin Island Tropical Depression vs Category 5 Hurricane Chad" picture

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Where are their feet?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where are their feet?

I assume they're attached to the end of their legs.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Randaconda BTFO

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Randaconda BTFO

First thing I thought too. God I love his AV.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Where are their feet?

Sadly they were drawn by Rob Liefeld

Caufman
May 7, 2007
He's improved his proportion game, at least.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreddout posted:

Randaconda BTFO

I saw it :negative:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I like to think the person driving has Alzheimer's.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zipperelli. posted:

Either that or they picked up a whole shitload of bumper stickers at a flea market and went nuts with them.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Zipperelli. posted:

There's so much conflict happening on the back of this Nissan Quest.

Edit: Some of these have been added digitally later, right?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Either that or they picked up a whole shitload of bumper stickers at a flea market and went nuts with them.

Since several of the stickers are at odds with each other I imagine that to be the case. I had a cousin who had a crappy car once, he knew its next owner would be the scrapyard. So he covered that hunk of junk in stickers. He said he got a lot of positive reactions from it all the time (none of the stickers were political though, that seems to be a very NA thing).

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

*person who hates/likes thing on bumper sticker(s) approaches van, razor blade in hand, paralyzed with indecision*

There are several towns in the US where this would trap large groups of people, all ready to vandalize for their cause, but crippled by maybe, maybe not irony.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beato posted:

The rainbow one about being gay next to the licence plate definitely is, doesn't follow the contour in the panel.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

beato posted:

Honestly I think all the progressive ones are fake.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Picnic Princess posted:

But enough about the Democratic Party leaders, what do you think about the bumper stickers?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

They went nuts first then picked up a grip of bumperstickers from the fleamarket and just did whatever the metal gundam spirit animal inside their ear tells them.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

But enough about the Democratic Party leaders, what do you think about the bumper stickers?

Haha

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zipperelli. posted:

Sometimes you get married couples where one of them is conservative and one of them is liberal. So it must follow that sometimes, they share a car.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Picnic Princess posted:

I thought that too but the blue Hilary one below the wiper seems real.

That is, if you count it among progressive stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sometimes you get married couples where one of them is conservative and one of them is liberal. So it must follow that sometimes, they share a car.

That's how my wife and I are. She's retardedly leftist and I'm correct. No political stickers on our cars though, unless you count my NRA sticker, which I don't

Also a funny picture: