Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

Guess Hakuno's gearing up for a safari, huh?

Wonder whether the enemy this time will be Velber again, or someone/something a little more left-field?

Gotta catch those kemonos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It all makes sense now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Man, a walk through Wikipedia will take you to some strange places.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
On a somewhat related, chapter 15 of the Apocrypha manga has been scanlated.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Is there something in the LN that explains why Semiramis seems very attached to Shiro?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there something in the LN that explains why Semiramis seems very attached to Shiro?

He's a sexy, superhumanly nice living saint with an intriguingly devious streak. That's enough, really.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's because he's the only guy who's not interested on her for her looks.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New preview for the HF movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylJqR4PkT8

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

not available in my country???? eat my rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm sure it looked cool.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

:fap:

use proxies

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Try this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62o5f3

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fate/hollow ataraxia finally got a voice patch, among other features:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/7589y1/hollow_ataraxia_voice_insertion_patch/

That's what I had been waiting for before reading it, so I guess I no longer have any excuse.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I'm glad Aimer is the (un)official singer for F/SN like how Itou Kanako is the voice of Steins;Gate.

Also, finally got around to watching F/GO First Order, and man, that was a whooooooole lot of nothing. At least Caster Cu was properly badass.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AlternateNu posted:

I'm glad Aimer is the (un)official singer for F/SN like how Itou Kanako is the voice of Steins;Gate.

Also, finally got around to watching F/GO First Order, and man, that was a whooooooole lot of nothing. At least Caster Cu was properly badass.

Badass Cu is a whole lot of something.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMr5pXzpvP0

Official english of the latest pv.

Japanese release on Friday, US release in 40 days (or Nov 3 premiere in LA).

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New screenshots

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 13, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*stomping and slamming hands on a table*

More. Taiga. Now.:supaburn:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
UFOtable looking good as usual

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just got out of a screening of Heaven's Feel. It's good! They didn't gently caress it up!

They did a really impressive job compacting events to save time and skipping over the stuff even a casual fan has seen five times already. Everything from Shirou noticing Lancer and Archer to him and Tohsaka arriving at the church are presented as a montage while the opening credits play. By comparison, it really takes its time with added stuff, like spending the first fifteen minutes on a flashback of Shirou quitting the archery club and Sakura starting to come to his house.

In terms of how much the movie covers, it ends at Shirou returning home after losing Saber.

Some of the fights are really pumped up, like Lancer/Assassin, while others are over kinda quick, like the first Berserker/Saber one.

Mabo Tofu scene is glorious and had the otherwise stoic Japanese nerd audience chuckling.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I'm actually reading a lot of enthusiastic comments, and I am eager to watch it!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That's a sweet decision, since we already got a great Saber/Berserker fight in UBW.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Well, guess that certainly cements buying tickets to go see it when it's being shown in Manhattan next month. Guess I can go buy the ticket tomorrow morning at the box office when I go to the same theater for the Love Live Sunshine Aqours Second Live delayed viewing there.

poo poo, the Saturday showing is the same weekend as AnimeNYC, and I'm working that con. Not sure if I want to do the Monday evening showing instead. Probably can get that afternoon off and get over to the Javits after the movie is over, I hope. gently caress it, gonna buy the tickets anyway and email the volunteer coordinator (who I've worked with at New York Comic Con before she left the company doing that show last year) to see what's up with hours and such. Hyped!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 14, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/julia320/status/921358611846119424

Yuu Asakawa is a treasure.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Add it to the pile of reasons why I have Medusa set as my favorite in FGO despite never using her in battle :wooper:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Counterpoint as an FGO player: That fucker and his Book of False Attendant can move to the bottom of the ocean. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Wait is she fluent in English?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wait is she fluent in English?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NStrQKdogbM

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man I never knew that she spoke English, that's cool. Yuu's range has always impressed me too, she voices all the Gorgon sisters and the Lancer/Avenger version of Medusa and they're all distinguishable. I know she's been in a ton of other roles too, but yeah she's just cool.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 21, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
English are mandatory language course in school for many countries.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
She does a lot of kuudere characters in general, she's great.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Her English is so good she sounds almost North American.

Nyaa posted:

English are mandatory language course in school for many countries.

Right but her twitter and speech sounds like a degree of natural fluency that's a little harder to find, my pen pals are a lot more stiff and formal.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I just realized that Nasuverse Gilgamesh is kind of a knockoff of Final Fantasy Gilgamesh. That makes him a lot lamer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

I just realized that Nasuverse Gilgamesh is kind of a knockoff of Final Fantasy Gilgamesh. That makes him a lot lamer.
uh, he really isn't. the only similarity they even remotely have is the weapons thing but gilgamesh isn't obsessed with weapons specifically, he just sees all things that exist in the world as belonging to him, and f/sn is a fighting story where heroes' legendary weapons are key parts of their powersets, so gilgamesh having all of the legendary weapons makes him a perfect final boss.

in terms of personality, motivation, goals, role in the story, they're both so completely different that calling him any kind of knockoff is insane. gilgamesh specifically doesn't care about excalibur, or any other sword. it's the entire point of his fighting style and his battle with shirou.

edit: Also the english taught in Japanese schools is super basic and mostly focused on being able to read and write it okay for business purposes, speaking it fluently is simply not something Japanese high schools are remotely concerned with and most Japanese people know way less English than they think they do, which is part of the reason for a lot of the weird English you see in stuff like, well, fate/stay night or melty blood.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 22, 2017

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

the only similarity they even remotely have is the weapons thing

It's this that I was referring to. It's just not something I associate with the mythological Gilgamesh, so both versions making him a guy with a collection of magic weapons from various mythologies seems odd.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

the weird English you see in stuff like, well, fate/stay night or melty blood.

"Crimson night and Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia."

I hope that if there's ever another Melty Blood game, they correct "celsion" to "cerulean" but leave the rest of the Engrish intact.

Though aside from Melty Blood, Nasuverse English is generally not that bad. The Latin and German can be atrocious, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

It's this that I was referring to. It's just not something I associate with the mythological Gilgamesh, so both versions making him a guy with a collection of magic weapons from various mythologies seems odd.
Gilgamesh in the epic was A) the first hero and B) very vain and liked to amass wealth, it isnt much of a stretch to have him collecting legendary weapons from other heroes. Especially since even their method of acquiring those weapons is different, where F/SN Gilgamesh just outright has them because they're his to begin with and FF Gilgamesh is a wandering swordsman that gets them off people he beats (which is a reference to a fair few classic samurai movies)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

The Latin and German can be atrocious, though.

Rins incantations make me cringe so hard its not even funny anymore. But thats just anime in general, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nasuverse Gilgamesh has next to nothing to do with mythological Gilgamesh, unless you're assuming he's only from the "I'm the world's most prolific rapist" stage of mythological Gilggy's character arc. He is however very similar to historical Alexander the Great in both appearance and personality.

Nasuverse Alexander the Great has next to nothing to do with historical Alexander the Great. He is however very similar to mythological Gilgamesh in both appearance and personality.

edit: Something that really bugs me though about Gilgamesh in these stories is the "first hero" bit. This is flatly isn't true. He is from the oldest surviving work of literature but within his own story Gilgamesh references older heroes from past stories that either haven't survived to the present day or just never transitioned from oral story to writing.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 22, 2017