Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

goddamnit gently caress ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
alton brown presents "milquetoast eats" gueststarring chris kimball and as many bowties as possible

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

https://www.julietaboulie.com/

Play this drinking game. every time she says 'Lebanon' take a shot. You will die before the first recipe is done.

WE GET IT. YOU'RE FROM LEBANON. YOUR loving LAST NAME IS 'TABOULIE'. MINT LEAVES REMIND YOU OF LEBANON. OKAY.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Why

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bob Morales posted:

https://www.julietaboulie.com/

Play this drinking game. every time she says 'Lebanon' take a shot. You will die before the first recipe is done.

WE GET IT. YOU'RE FROM LEBANON. YOUR loving LAST NAME IS 'TABOULIE'. MINT LEAVES REMIND YOU OF LEBANON. OKAY.

Where are you seeing these recipe videos where she says Lebanon a lot? That page you linked just has 2 short 30second videos.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
She has a show on PBS Create.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My friend and I binge watched all of Deep Fried Masters on Netflix. It's terrible and we loved every minute. Any recommendations on competitive cooking shows that suck? Something you can just spend all the episode ripping into to.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

mindphlux posted:

alton brown presents "milquetoast eats" gueststarring chris kimball and as many bowties as possible

The show that was supposed to make food and cooking accessible to the "everyman" ironically created the worst generation of food snobs ever.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
On one hand, I appreciate that Alton Brown has introduced many people to caring about not only how to cook, but why certain flavors and methods work.

On the other hand, Alton Brown is a garbage human who isn't even good at cooking.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PhotoKirk posted:

The show that was supposed to make food and cooking accessible to the "everyman" ironically created the worst generation of food snobs ever.

I would love to hear your reasoning on this. For all the reasons I no longer care for Alton Brown's schtick, I've never associated food snobbiness with him.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I would love to hear your reasoning on this. For all the reasons I no longer care for Alton Brown's schtick, I've never associated food snobbiness with him.

Maybe it's just my circles of friends, but everyone I know that is a huge fan of AB is also an insufferable "foodie".

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
I'll make a brief argument for the other side. I'll use the beer world for this argument.

Alton Brown got people into food and cooking and the science behind it because of the uniqueness and wide availability of his product.

These people grew into knowledgeable and confident home cooks, ultimately because of Alton Brown or not, but perhaps Alton was the catalyst for many.

These people began to hate on Alton Brown because they've found better products.

Dogfish Head got a lot of people into craft beers because of their uniqueness and availability of their product.

These people grew into knowledgeable and confident beer lovers, ultimately because of DFH or not, it was a catalyst for many.

These people grew to hate on DFH because of they found better products.

Does this make DFH a bad for beer? Sure, they make some odd or even bad beer but overall, they still produce good product. How about Alton Brown? He also has his moments of odd techniques/ideas, some even bad (making wings? wtf), but he also has a good product behind it all.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8vMcm2Uk4k

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I still like alton brown. I am using his recipe about spaghetti and meat sauce. I am sure I will gently caress it up, but it smells really good so far.

e: before reading the last page of the thread and the youtube comments(I don't know what I expected) for the video, I never would have though alton brown was a polarizing guy.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 10, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

On the other hand, Alton Brown is a garbage human

Uh, what?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did you not see what he does to those poor chefs in that show

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Tired Moritz posted:

did you not see what he does to those poor chefs in that show

Iron Chef sounds like it got hardcore since i last watched.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no, that show where he cackles as he trapped people in the pantry and steal their belongings

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Tired Moritz posted:

no, that show where he cackles as he trapped people in the pantry and steal their belongings

What show is this? This is not something I would consider a negative trait for a host of a reality show/contest. This is sounding like a milder version of Takeshi's Castle's Kitchen.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do we do YouTube here? I like Chef John.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

tribbledirigible posted:

What show is this? This is not something I would consider a negative trait for a host of a reality show/contest. This is sounding like a milder version of Takeshi's Castle's Kitchen.

Cutthroat Kitchen. Also my mom uses Alton's brined turkey recipe for Thanksgiving every year and it is the best.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pollyanna posted:

yeah he good. I like the green brothers or the brother greens or whatever because they're really supportive to beginner chefs. the high/weed aesthetic is kinda weird though

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

funmanguy posted:

I never would have though alton brown was a polarizing guy.
Goons are fickle, water is wet, etc.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Pollyanna posted:

Hey everyone it's chef john here from food wishes dot com wiiiiith, every video starts the saaaaame! You read this in his voice.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

nmfree posted:

Goons are fickle, water is wet, etc.
he melted down on twitter(deleted his acct too) and got racist in Iowa.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Elizabethan Error posted:

and got racist in Iowa.

ooooh do go on

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Elizabethan Error posted:

he melted down on twitter(deleted his acct too) and got racist in Iowa.

Racist and homophobic. Also, he's a dick to restaurants and forces them to cook whatever he wants. Just an all round rear end in a top hat, as far as I can tell.

https://cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Racist and homophobic. Also, he's a dick to restaurants and forces them to cook whatever he wants. Just an all round rear end in a top hat, as far as I can tell.

https://cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/the-taste-of-disillusionment/

Well, crap. That's disappointing. Saves me some money, but it's disappointing.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Kantaro The Sweet Toothed Salaryman. More weird Japanese food TV on Netflix. It's a lot funnier than Samurai Gourmet.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Create channel is literally the only channel my wife and I watch now. All the shows are good as hell. I'm not sure who I love more, the over the top Italian guy or the over the top Mexican lady

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

The Create channel is literally the only channel my wife and I watch now. All the shows are good as hell. I'm not sure who I love more, the over the top Italian guy or the over the top Mexican lady

Pati's Mexican Table or something? I really like her too. Create is a cool channel, it's all cooking shows, carpentry, and knitting shows.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
searching for Create, Create Channel, Create Channel Youtube is surprisingly not working.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ranter posted:

searching for Create, Create Channel, Create Channel Youtube is surprisingly not working.

Create TV

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Create is fantastic. I think you're thinking of as previously mentioned Pati's Mexican Table but I think the dude is Nick Stellino's Storyteller In The Kitchen. I even like Martha Stewart's show on Create. They've got a great line up (it's a drag on Sunday mornings when it's sewing with crazy $5000 computerized sewing machines, who the hell is their audience, WTF)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

yeah Nick Stellino rules

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
His story telling series is fine if not a bit over the top. I liked his other (older) series, Cooking with Nick Stellino, a lot more.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
His fashion sense is on point though. I get what you mean like I have never liked Martha Stewart that much until this show, it's pretty nice and I've gotten a few recipes out of it. I think the problem with her earlier shows was that it was all presentation with little substance. Quite different now.

Also I want to say that Pati is my favorite. I love her and her family. They are great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Create is fantastic. I think you're thinking of as previously mentioned Pati's Mexican Table but I think the dude is Nick Stellino's Storyteller In The Kitchen. I even like Martha Stewart's show on Create. They've got a great line up (it's a drag on Sunday mornings when it's sewing with crazy $5000 computerized sewing machines, who the hell is their audience, WTF)

Let me tell you, next time you find yourself with a hangover on Sunday morning, throw on Create and just let those machines hum.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC47do520os_4DBMEFGg4A

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Link not working for me

Ridiculously sentimental pastoral romantic Chinese cooking videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hvneKcPZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbJnAyYIFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3dv9NYrkUE

edit: oh apparently there's a channel with english titles for the same videos, but only a small part of the whole video collection:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbQ-P7h4HfMGbRqqqJs5vg

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 17, 2018