Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I mean, what monster puts Yoshi's Island last

Like really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Rhythm Heaven is the best Mario game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

iajanus posted:

Like really

a hosed up idiot manchild virgin, that's who.

Yoshi's Island is platforming bliss.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Mario games that are just kind of okay:

• Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Super Mario Land
  • Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
  • Super Princess Peach
  • New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
  • Probably one of the attempts at a Yoshi's Island sequel, I didn't really play any of those

The ones that are really good:

• Pretty much all the others

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

iajanus posted:

Like really

I can't tell if the list is best to worst or worst to best because they both are so wrong.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao if you don't think the Mario heirarchy goes SMW>SMB3>SM64>SM3DW>*

Mario Maker is #1.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So uh I'm stuck in Blaster Master Zero, and this is the first time Google has ever failed to help me figure out what the hell to do next in a game.

As far as I can tell, I have everything in Area 3 -- I have the jetpack thing, the jump booster, all that fun stuff. I can see a "gate" block on the map I haven't been to yet, on the left side of it, but I can't access it AFAIK because there's a conveyor-belt pillar thing blocking the way and the conveyor belt is sideways on a wall. If I have a way to turn sideways conveyors yet I have no idea what it is. What am I missing?

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Hello friends, I finally bought a Switch yesterday getting the Splatoon 2 bundle from Walmart. I'm disappointed that the case it comes with is bare bones and isn't the Splatoon case that Nintendo sells separately.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yoshi's Island is very bad. Fight me IRL.

Loser has to play all of the non- Sega Genesis Sonic games.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm more offended that you ranked anything New Super Mario Bros over Mario 64.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

loquacius posted:

So uh I'm stuck in Blaster Master Zero, and this is the first time Google has ever failed to help me figure out what the hell to do next in a game.

As far as I can tell, I have everything in Area 3 -- I have the jetpack thing, the jump booster, all that fun stuff. I can see a "gate" block on the map I haven't been to yet, on the left side of it, but I can't access it AFAIK because there's a conveyor-belt pillar thing blocking the way and the conveyor belt is sideways on a wall. If I have a way to turn sideways conveyors yet I have no idea what it is. What am I missing?

You need an item from a later area to activate those conveyors, you don't need to worry about it for now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump Card posted:

You need an item from a later area to activate those conveyors, you don't need to worry about it for now

Ok cool, thought so. In the meantime, though, I don't know where else I need to go. I already went back to Area 2 to get a health expansion I couldn't reach before; do I have to go all the way back to Area 1 for some reason?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Okay well it's STILL the first time I've seen, but no, I never have read a game magazine.

But still, I'll eat a pineapple pizza if Odyssey isn't released on 10/27/17.

:toxx:

That's not a punishment

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hate the art design in Mario 3, especially the color palette.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
obviously, this is the best mario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3CrLG8dEg

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Genesis Sonic has been completely improved upon by Sonic Mania

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Your broken brain

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

spotted jeff gerstmann

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Improbable Lobster posted:

Genesis Sonic has been completely improved upon by Sonic Mania

They probably mean stuff like the 3D games, the Advance series or the Rush series, not Mania which is pretty much in the Genesis category despite being released later.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Steve Jorbs posted:

Hello friends, I finally bought a Switch yesterday getting the Splatoon 2 bundle from Walmart. I'm disappointed that the case it comes with is bare bones and isn't the Splatoon case that Nintendo sells separately.

You should get a case that is less embarrassing like basically a black one that doesn't even say Nintendo at all

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Steve Jorbs posted:

I want those neon controllers :argh:

And also a switch I guess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ventana posted:

They probably mean stuff like the 3D games, the Advance series or the Rush series, not Mania which is pretty much in the Genesis category despite being released later.

Sonic Mania is not on the Sega Genesis

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sonic Mania is not on the Sega Genesis

Hence "pretty much" and "despite being released later"

I mean it's pretty obvious the game is more like Sonic 3 than Sonic 4 or Advance 3

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

You should get a case that is less embarrassing like basically a black one that doesn't even say Nintendo at all
I didn't specifically want the Splatoon branded one I saw but thought it was lame they gave you a different less robust one in the bundle for the same $20 price.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the case in the bundle look like?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ventana posted:

Hence "pretty much" and "despite being released later"

I mean it's pretty obvious the game is more like Sonic 3 than Sonic 4 or Advance 3

Yes but it does not run on the Sega Genesis

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It also has a sleeve for 5 games.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

It holds a switch with joycons and has slots for 5 games. That is pretty much it. The butterfox one recommended earlier in the thread is a lot nicer and has more room for other stuff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Steve Jorbs posted:

Why would you need sleeves for games for this perfect as a digital only platform entertainment system?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao if you don't think the Mario heirarchy goes SMW>SMB3>SM64>SM3DW>*

See M64 shouldn't even be in these lists cause the effect it had on the entirety of the early 3D generation is insane, as much as the jumps in the 2D games were amazing too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Steve Jorbs posted:

Oh cool. I have that exact same case but just black and a simple Nintendo and Switch logo on each side.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would you need sleeves for games for this perfect as a digital only platform entertainment system?
Because first party Nintendo games maintain their value for a long time.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

loquacius posted:

Ok cool, thought so. In the meantime, though, I don't know where else I need to go. I already went back to Area 2 to get a health expansion I couldn't reach before; do I have to go all the way back to Area 1 for some reason?

Yeah now that you have the boosters you can clinb the tree to the left of where the game begins.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I need sleeves because when I got the Zelda preorder bundle with the case (that I'm even able to fit a dock and the power brick into, albeit awkwardly) it was for a physical copy of the game, and because I still go physical with games I am not entirely sure about and games that I anticipate I'll be able to completely finish and never want to play again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yoshi's Island is literally a perfect video game. There isn't anything wrong with it. It's what every game should aspire to be. Don't @ me

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I bought cartridges for everything thinking the save games would be on them. Lol no. They are stuck on the console. Goddammit nintendo.

There is still the resale possibility but I have never actually convinced myself to sell a nintendo game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

Yoshi's Island is literally a perfect video game. There isn't anything wrong with it. It's what every game should aspire to be. Don't @ me

That new Yoshi game looks like it will have an amazing art style

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yoshis island is good

but wooly world is great

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Macaluso posted:

-5 points for "not enough Poochie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gaffle posted:

Yeah now that you have the boosters you can clinb the tree to the left of where the game begins.

Yup, that's it :tipshat:

• Locked thread