Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Never mind that I didn't see that you were asking about an SK as a hypothetical.

We have at least 3 claimed roles that can block a kill: doc, bodyguars, and jailer. Hard to say at this point what happened N1. Im trying not to read into it with more info.

At this point Im going to try and hop back on the Yronic bandwagon, mostly based on his D1 voting (flipping at last moment). I really want more info on the two counterclaimera before going down that road.

## vote yronic

This is exactly the move you would make as scumbuddies with derp is the problem. If mags flips town then derp is next followed by you if flerp gets his way. So the optimal move for scum is to take out a non-mags town:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
cool lets set up chain lynching thats such a great and cool idea

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

derp posted:

He made up a lame claim to get me killed cause pressure was on. I have been 100% honest this game. I am a doc and ive protected myself every night, just like i said. it stopped the kill one night. I got a message n1 that said flamander was scum and tnl town. I told the thread. And it turned out true for flam. Im also mason with another player who can attest to my truthfulness if they choose to. He is making up lies to sow confusion. Hes scum.

How do you know you stopped the kill N1?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

yronic heroism posted:

This is exactly the move you would make as scumbuddies with derp is the problem. If mags flips town then derp is next followed by you if flerp gets his way. So the optimal move for scum is to take out a non-mags town:

Im the one who started the idea of the chain lynch based on counterclaims. I only stopped when I realized a framer role might mean both are town.

Also, are you suggesting 3 scum? 12 person game and a possible SK means 3 scum seems unlikely.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

You are scummy as hell. It's natural to assume he stopped the nightkill.

This long D3 had me doubting my vote, but the bottom line is you are scummy as all hell and didn't vote for flam, derp has some question marks and did vote flam.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

You are scummy as hell. It's natural to assume he stopped the nightkill.

This long D3 had me doubting my vote, but the bottom line is you are scummy as all hell and didn't vote for flam, derp has some question marks and did vote flam.

Please highlight scummy posts I've made.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

12 person game and a possible SK means 3 scum seems unlikely.

On reflection this puts Mr F in a better light. Him being scum only jives in a 3 scum game, or else his sacrifice is worthless.

Anyone want to comment on whether 2 or 3 scum seems more likely?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

On reflection this puts Mr F in a better light. Him being scum only jives in a 3 scum game, or else his sacrifice is worthless.

What evidence do we have of an SK?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Im the one who started the idea of the chain lynch based on counterclaims. I only stopped when I realized a framer role might mean both are town.

Also, are you suggesting 3 scum? 12 person game and a possible SK means 3 scum seems unlikely.

Who's to say there's an SK? And if you are scum than any idea you start is done for sake of performance and not really what you genuinely intend.

I definitely think between you and stickup, one is scum but probably not both or you wouldn't both pile on votes together without more of a bandwagon.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

What evidence do we have of an SK?

2 kills N2. Could be other things of course.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

This is scummy or just dumb.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

We started with 13 tho, not 12.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

This is scummy or just dumb.

Howso? Doctors are, typically, not told if their protection actually stops a kill or not, just that the action happened or didnt.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

yronic heroism posted:

We started with 13 tho, not 12.

Still. 3 scum + SK (hypothetically) means if town is lynched d1, and 2 town are killed N1, there's 6 town left. Day 2 could technically be LyLo.

Possible I suppose, because of all the power roles.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Howso? Doctors are, typically, not told if their protection actually stops a kill or not, just that the action happened or didnt.

There was no N1 kill, duh.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

There was no N1 kill, duh.

And that means that a doctor stopped the kill how?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

P sure that's what doctors do.

Also if you were town at a soft -1 I think you'd be telling us who you think is derp's scumbuddy and why.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

P sure that's what doctors do.

Also if you were town at a soft -1 I think you'd be telling us who you think is derp's scumbuddy and why.

So you think theres no other town role that could stop a kill?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I mean DCB could have also stopped the kill, but otherwise there's not a clear way the kill was stopped.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

I mean DCB could have also stopped the kill, but otherwise there's not a clear way the kill was stopped.

We haven't full claimed, so yeah we dont know what the roles in the game are.

you ignored my question before, why was that?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've sorta been busy with my sister's wedding.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've sorta been busy with my sister's wedding.

Thats not an answer.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Just to remind everyone whats happening in this game:

I watched Kashuno N1, and was jailed, so got no results.

I watched Kashuno N2, and I saw derp visit Kashuno. This was a positive result, there was no one else who visited kashuno.

derp claims he protected himself, which is in contradiction to my result.

I posit derp is fakeclaiming doctor as scum in an effort to root out the town doctor, who would counter claim him.

I do not believe there is a town doctor in this game.

derp is scum, and he killed kashuno.

We should lynch derp today, not me.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I believe either derp or myself is the best candidate for the lynch today. We should take care of this issue now, rather than letting it linger.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Heads up, I may not be able to post again before deadline. Sorry guys, good luck!

(Please lynch yronic)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I mean, even I kinda disagree that yronic is a good choice today

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Heads up, I may not be able to post again before deadline. Sorry guys, good luck!

:wtc:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Just to remind everyone whats happening in this game:

I watched Kashuno N1, and was jailed, so got no results.

I watched Kashuno N2, and I saw derp visit Kashuno. This was a positive result, there was no one else who visited kashuno.

derp claims he protected himself, which is in contradiction to my result.

I posit derp is fakeclaiming doctor as scum in an effort to root out the town doctor, who would counter claim him.

I do not believe there is a town doctor in this game.

derp is scum, and he killed kashuno.

We should lynch derp today, not me.

Did you make any claim that early that would result in you being jailed?

Derp has a good reason for being targeted and visiting himself with the early claim.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, derp, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
derp (2): Mr. F!, flerp
yronic heroism (2): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp

Not Voting (2): DivineCoffeeBinge, The Ninth Layer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 26 minutes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
After kicking the current crop of cases around for a bit I've settled on the following: who in the gently caress ever heard of a Doc role that can self-heal two nights in a row? I don't think Somberbrero is going to put a role like that into the game.

Accordingly, ##vote derp

If I'm wrong and actually unlimited-self-healing-Docs are a Thing in SA Mafia games, I'll unvote, but I'm fairly sure no one's using a role quite so broken.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

After kicking the current crop of cases around for a bit I've settled on the following: who in the gently caress ever heard of a Doc role that can self-heal two nights in a row? I don't think Somberbrero is going to put a role like that into the game.

Accordingly, ##vote derp

If I'm wrong and actually unlimited-self-healing-Docs are a Thing in SA Mafia games, I'll unvote, but I'm fairly sure no one's using a role quite so broken.

With a possible scum framer in play as well as jailbreaker, self heal doc is believable.

Also Ill go ahead and state that Im the mason who pulled Derp into the masonry. I pulled him in N0. We are the only 2 members, we have not been confirmed as town to eachother. However, Derp has been very consistent between the masonchats and the thread here. I trust him, but based on gut + indicative evidence of no N0 kill.

Ill hopefully be able to post again tonight about 1 hr before deadline.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sweet scum #2 found

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
#3*

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello. I am not scum. I encourage you to look at my postings and decide from that, instead of believing every claim thrown out there. look at the posts and follow your heart to decide who the scum is. weird roles exist and weird night actions exist and strange things happen in mafia, and its always sad when the town gets bogged down trying to calculate their way to a victory with logic and math over supposed night actions. look at the posts. look for the scummy reactions and words, and vote using your heart and gut. i am not scum, i am telling the truth.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Are we really going to deadlock?

TNL are you going to put derp or Mr f at -1?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the framer push is really weird given that a framer wouldn't have affected anything in this case

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
coming up with weird ideas like a framer is a symptom of being trapped in a dichotomy and needing to make things fit somehow. I say, you don't need to make things fit. night actions are always screwy. vote for who you think is scum without letting what may or may not have gone on at night confuse you. ive told you what i think happened. mr f has his version. if neigher makes sense to you then dont make up an even more bizarre third option, just vote for who you think is scum, even if its not me or mr f

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
but mr f is scum tho, i mean look at his posts

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Frankly at least one of them is scum. The most likely third option is that both are scum and bussing each other hard to keep one of them in the game.

I think it's unlikely but a possible scum gambit. Right now I do think the imp is looking more and more scummy with the quick move off Mr f and hedging that he may not be around to hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I've been suspect of imp mostly because of how readily he agrees with me despite apparently being suspicious of me

• Locked thread