Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mierenneuker posted:

Since several of the stickers are at odds with each other I imagine that to be the case. I had a cousin who had a crappy car once, he knew its next owner would be the scrapyard. So he covered that hunk of junk in stickers. He said he got a lot of positive reactions from it all the time (none of the stickers were political though, that seems to be a very NA thing).

With the body rusting out like it is, they need to just cover every non-glass surface in bumper stickers and keep layering them on. Over the years, the body will rust away, leaving a solid body of stickers kind of like the finest carbon fiber shell (but not quite). It'll be the Minivan of Theseus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

they name them before they become hurricanes. Alpha popped up first.

I know, it was an alpha/beta male joke

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://i.imgur.com/qXD9ASh.gifv

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sometimes you get married couples where one of them is conservative and one of them is liberal. So it must follow that sometimes, they share a car.
So this is what Arnold Schwarzenegger's car used to look like?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PaulBearer posted:

So this is what Arnold Schwarzenegger's car used to look like?

He and his ex-wife are both liberals so probably not

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PCOS Bill posted:

He and his ex-wife are both liberals so probably not

thatsbait.gif

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXvciKOS8hQ

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PCOS Bill posted:

That's how my wife and I are. She's retardedly leftist and I'm correct. No political stickers on our cars though, unless you count my NRA sticker, which I don't

Also a funny picture:

idgi, in the first one he's saying the CIA got Al-Qaeda members to defect and in the other he's denying they worked together with Al-Qaeda. These are not contradictory statements and in fact go hand-in-hand.

Pakled has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Sep 10, 2017

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Pakled posted:

idgi, in the first one he's saying the CIA got Al-Qaeda members to defect and in the other he's denying they worked together with Al-Qaeda. These are not contradictory statements and in fact go hand-in-hand.

I'm also not on the floor laughing at that image. Anyone care to explain?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The context here is that during the time the CIA was de facto arming and funding Al Qaeda against the Syrian government in the civil war there.

It might be that Mcmullin was talking about trying to get Al Qaeda members to defect or something but that would make little sense given the above.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

With the body rusting out like it is, they need to just cover every non-glass surface in bumper stickers and keep layering them on. Over the years, the body will rust away, leaving a solid body of stickers kind of like the finest carbon fiber shell (but not quite). It'll be the Minivan of Theseus!

I'm sad no one is giving attention to "Feel the Johnson"

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

nerdz posted:

I'm sad no one is giving attention to "Feel the Johnson"

you should be used to that by now

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mycroft Holmes posted:

:grin:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

We need a 'Kelso from that 70's show' burn emoji

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Louise Mensch fired her pro bono lawyer because he called McMullin pathetic when McMullin claimed the US had never interfered in a foreign election lol. I personally trust the CIA man

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

someone once said that cockatoos are like toddlers. sounds to me reasonable -- theyre quite clever and they love trying to get a rise outta you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8xnaDIAow

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Is Festool the grossest-sounding company name?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BJPaskoff posted:

Is Festool the grossest-sounding company name?

Not quite

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Doctor Malaver posted:

I thought that too but the blue Hilary one below the wiper seems real.

That is, if you count it among progressive stickers.

I'm Canadian, so obviously no.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If that's just one of the cats, consider me sold.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Size 00 or 000 baby shirts basically fit cats perfectly, and if they have stitches or a dressing it's a nicer way of stopping them from chewing than a Cone of Shame.

Plus they look dapper as gently caress.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dressing up your cat is excellent fun but also buying clothes for your cat is pretty goony

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

Size 00 or 000 baby shirts basically fit cats perfectly, and if they have stitches or a dressing it's a nicer way of stopping them from chewing than a Cone of Shame.

Plus they look dapper as gently caress.

How many cats are you up to?

This makes sense if we consider people with more than 5 cats to fall under the "poly" umbrella

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Louise Mensch fired her pro bono lawyer because he called McMullin pathetic when McMullin claimed the US had never interfered in a foreign election lol. I personally trust the CIA man

Um, Festool is a German company, and that man is German smiling, so nothing to see here.

Edit: A word.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Powaqoatse posted:

dressing up your cat is excellent fun but also buying clothes for your cat is pretty goony

How do you get clothes for your cat then? Do you steal them from babies? I guess it'd be easy, so maybe?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

How do you get clothes for your cat then? Do you steal them from babies? I guess it'd be easy, so maybe?

You've never heard that old saying, "like stealing khakis from a baby"?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I knit my cat's clothes from my own hair and I knit my own clothes from my cat's hair.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I have kids

So I can confirm that stealing things from babies is easy as poo poo

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

I took this picture for you at a grocery near me.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Literally Esoteric posted:

I took this picture for you at a grocery near me.

That's it, Liter! I'm putting you on report, miladdo!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I want someone to bring this bird to one of those cup-stacking competitions.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's kinda funny as an Australian seeing American reactions to cockatoos, where they're native here. They are indeed assholes, like 5 year olds with wings and razor claws and beaks who live for up to a century or more and can be taught to swear.

We also have galahs, those pretty pink parrots which are bywords for idiocy here.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

https://www.theuncomfortable.com/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's kinda funny as an Australian seeing American reactions to cockatoos, where they're native here. They are indeed assholes, like 5 year olds with wings and razor claws and beaks who live for up to a century or more and can be taught to swear.

They love to tear poo poo apart as well, they like nothing better than ripping up trees and logs:

.... which is a major problem if they take an interest in, say, the facade of a local shopping mall:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You know what hates hurricanes?

(He was rescued)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Knormal posted:

(He was rescued)

Oh, the humanity!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... which is a major problem if they take an interest in, say, the facade of a local shopping mall:

id say building a shopping mall out of gypsum and styrofoam is a major problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Knormal posted:

(He was rescued)

also this looks like an incredible milky spinach stew