Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
I've been out of country for a while and still have my Simple Choice North America 10GB (two lines for $100) and am researching all the changes that have happened over the past two years with TMobile. It looks like they've switched completely over to Unlimited One, and I'm wondering if it's a straight up upgrade or if there's any new catches I'm just not seeing and reason I would want to keep my current plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

PageMaster posted:

I've been out of country for a while and still have my Simple Choice North America 10GB (two lines for $100) and am researching all the changes that have happened over the past two years with TMobile. It looks like they've switched completely over to Unlimited One, and I'm wondering if it's a straight up upgrade or if there's any new catches I'm just not seeing and reason I would want to keep my current plan?

I mean, unless there is a promo unlimited for two likes on T-Mobile is $120 a month (with autopay), so it would depend on if you are going over your 10GB or not.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Also depends on taxes in your region. It was a little more than $10 per line that kept adding up to my simple choice plan, and at least one of my lines gets the $10 kickback for using less 2 gigs a month.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Probably your best bet is to jump on a prepaid carrier for a sweet promotion. T-mobile regularly run them and worth the wait.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Is the nerd plan dead and gone? I've not been able to find it.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

withoutclass posted:

Is the nerd plan dead and gone? I've not been able to find it.

It's no longer officially available for new lines.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
I tried activating the Netflix on Us feature to my One plan, but it won't let me proceed without losing the free One Plus Promo.

When I created my account, they were offering a free One Plus Promo (unlimited HD video and 10 GB tethering, etc.) along with the 2 for $100 promo. Trying to add the Netflix promotion doesn't change my monthly price (5 lines for $180 rather than $200), but it forces me to select between One, One Plus (+$10/line), or Plus International (+$25). Choosing One put a strikethrough the One Plus Promo.

Is this something customer service or someone at the store can override? I meet the listed qualifications for Netflix on Us with my existing One plan as-is, but I think the way the website wants me to change plans to "T-Mobile One with Netflix on Us" it what's causing me lose the currently attached Plus promo.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

goku chewbacca posted:

I tried activating the Netflix on Us feature to my One plan, but it won't let me proceed without losing the free One Plus Promo.

When I created my account, they were offering a free One Plus Promo (unlimited HD video and 10 GB tethering, etc.) along with the 2 for $100 promo. Trying to add the Netflix promotion doesn't change my monthly price (5 lines for $180 rather than $200), but it forces me to select between One, One Plus (+$10/line), or Plus International (+$25). Choosing One put a strikethrough the One Plus Promo.

Is this something customer service or someone at the store can override? I meet the listed qualifications for Netflix on Us with my existing One plan as-is, but I think the way the website wants me to change plans to "T-Mobile One with Netflix on Us" it what's causing me lose the currently attached Plus promo.

Yeah, same deal here, it explicitly lists the 2 for $100 plans as not being eligible though. I'm on the 2 for $100 + 20% off + free 3rd line + free One Plus and can't add it either.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36253

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 12, 2017

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Maneki Neko posted:

Yeah, same deal here, it explicitly lists the 2 for $100 plans as not being eligible though. I'm on the 2 for $100 + 20% off + free 3rd line + free One Plus and can't add it either.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36253

Thanks for the link. I was looking in the wrong place before. There was no need for me to "Change Plan" to "One with Netflix of Us." Instead, I went to MyT-Mobile > Plan > Change Services > Add the Fam Incl. Netflix $9.99 feature to your account.

I must have misremembered. I don't think my plan actually is a 2 for $100 plan plus 3 add-a-lines, because I was already eligible. I guess $180 is the standard price for 5 lines?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

iPhone Prices for TMO

There is also supposed to be a trade in deal for $300 for any iPhone 6 or newer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol 64 or 256 gb

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

There is also supposed to be a trade in deal for $300 for any iPhone 6 or newer.
So the SE will get $300? It's a 6s in a 5's body, so newer than a 6 according to T-Mo, right?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

iPhone Prices for TMO

Does T-Mobile usually make you put money down towards the higher priced iPhones?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Duckman2008 posted:

Does T-Mobile usually make you put money down towards the higher priced iPhones?

They want to maintain ~$30/m so you will often see the lowest for $0 and then you pay extra up front for the higher ends.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was not sure if I wanted the 8, 8+, or X this year. I knew I wanted the bigger screen and better camera of the 8+, but the size just looked too huge for me. When I got to use one, It was nice, but overall I just felt like I didn't want to carry that thing in my pocket every day.

The X is only slightly bigger than the 8, but has a bigger screen than the 8+. So the form factor is relatively the same. This $300 trade in deal may just seal it for me though.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Duckman2008 posted:

If you do the math, the financing is up to $720. Anything beyond that you pay up front.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nimper posted:

If you do the math, the financing is up to $720. Anything beyond that you pay up front.

Gotcha. Makes sense, just surprising since ATT and Verizon don't require it (and customers overall love monthly vs up front).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hi, I'm an idiot. Would someone be kind enough to help me out? I have a plan including two 6S+ phones with Jump. At 3 am we want to grab two 8+ phones on the site. I can't figure out how to make sure I order them properly with Jump and get everything ready to send the old phones back after the new ones come in. The T-Mobile site is poo poo. Basically trying to buy the two ones with Jump benefits and not have Jump on the new ones.

e: the T-Mobile app is awesome. I ordered my girlfriend's upgrade easy enough but I'm hitting errors while working on mine. I guess I'll wait a while.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 15, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I assume the $300 trade in deal will be going on for quite some time if they are offering it on the X and that is not available until November.

I just remember being very confused with how the trade in on the last phone I did worked.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is it $300 for any of the trade in phones or up to $300? Also I assume I will have to upgrade to a One plan and lose my cheaper whatever the hell plan I have plan. Has anyone tried this scam on a 7. I don't really care about having an 8 but my kids throw my phone down the stairs for sport so I like to keep it rotated for fresher stock. It looks like $250 gets me a new phone and warranty. (Assuming I keep T mobile for 24 months).

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
It's $300 for a 6S+. I have a 6S on EIP and I was offered $300 for it as part of the deal when I ordered the 8. I didn't take it, and didn't have to change my plan-- I don't know if taking the deal means you have to. I also have a several year back plan I wanted to keep.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I can still order an 8 or 8+ and it will ship for release.

Is this super rare? I feel like it will be a huge pain to get the X because people are waiting.

Also, $400 iPhone 8 with trade in is very tempting

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
I recently got a S8+ on Jump (Not JOD) back in April on release. Is there any way to return the phone and cancel payments on the phone? Or do I have to sell it and pay it off? I'm not finding anything that specifies cancellations or returns past the initial 14 day purchase period.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You can pay off half of it and give the phone back to be "jump eligible" and get a different device or sell it and pay it off with whatever you get for it. That's pretty much it.

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

GutBomb posted:

You can pay off half of it and give the phone back to be "jump eligible" and get a different device or sell it and pay it off with whatever you get for it. That's pretty much it.

I'm 2 payments away from being half off. So I can just return it then? Sounds plausible. Didn't know I can do this. Thanks!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

False Toaster posted:

I'm 2 payments away from being half off. So I can just return it then? Sounds plausible. Didn't know I can do this. Thanks!

I'm not sure but I think you might have to get a new phone through that program as well. Not sure if you can just return it at that point.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

GutBomb posted:

I'm not sure but I think you might have to get a new phone through that program as well. Not sure if you can just return it at that point.

Yeah, you do have to jump. If I remember correctly, the best way to get out of it is to either jump to the cheapest phone possible and pay it off, or jump to another phone and return it within 14 days and pay the restocking fee.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
T-Mobile will be raising the deprioritization threshold to 50GB on the 20th.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

eric posted:

T-Mobile will be raising the deprioritization threshold to 50GB on the 20th.

Oh good!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
WTF.

Just got notified that my iPhone 8 order has processed. I was charged a $20 "Upgrade Support Charge". I google it, and apparently it's because I did it in the store rather than over the web.

What is this bullshit, can I get this credited back to me?

I went to the store because I thought I would be able to pick it up in the store. Went through the whole checkout process and then the person tells me that it is shipped to my home. Ugh, okay, whatever. Except they never told me that there was a fee, and I asked what the difference was between updating online or in store and they said "nothing".

Kind of pissed about this

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
You think that’s bad, if you ordered the X it was a $40 charge.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“GoldfishStew”" post="“476608218”"]
You think that’s bad, if you ordered the X it was a $40 charge.
[/quote]

That's even crazier considering those aren't up for preorder yet?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's even crazier considering those aren't up for preorder yet?

Yeah, wtf are you talking about, doll-fucker?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Called and complained, T-Mobile just gave me a $20 credit off my next bill since they couldn't deduct the $20 charge from my total charge.

Yeah... that's bullshit. Don't tell somebody at the store there is no difference between in store or online if it's $20 more

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Astro7x posted:

Called and complained, T-Mobile just gave me a $20 credit off my next bill since they couldn't deduct the $20 charge from my total charge.

Yeah... that's bullshit. Don't tell somebody at the store there is no difference between in store or online if it's $20 more

If I did this how angry do I have to sound? Also where can I check to make sure I had this charge.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol: somehow the order that was confirmed and whatnot for our second 8 Plus magically didn’t go through because t-mobile sucks rear end. God I hate dealing with phone companies. At least the app chat dude is being helpful about it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah I will also chime in and say that nobody should order in store at all, sadly, unless you can walk out with the phone in your hand that day.

I went in beginning of July to take advantage of the FREE iPHONE SE to finally get my mom a smartphone, and to switch from an Android device to an iPhone 7 Plus. They didn't have one in stock, so they ordered one for me.

Except they ordered an iPhone 7, not a plus, and I, assuming that the rep would have ordered the right thing since we were discussing 'iPhone 7 Plus' the entire time, didn't think to double check the final order.

Of course then you can't return the thing in store, you can only mail it in, and at that point you're ordering A SECOND phone, so I got charged twice for downpayments.

But then that can't go back on my credit card for whatever reason, so I got a bill credit.

And then of course it takes them a while to process the return so I have two months of my Lease on a phone I never actually owned or wanted that I have been assured will be refunded to me on next months bill (not holding my breath).

It has been a nightmare to sort out. Order online always, apparently, cause this poo poo is not worth the hassle.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Once I went in to get a replacement for my dying jank phone and asked to see what they had for a rebate deal that was going at the time. Months later the rebate application was rejected because the phone didn't qualify. The new phone was pretty janky too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Over There posted:

If I did this how angry do I have to sound? Also where can I check to make sure I had this charge.

It was in the email that said my order was processing the day before it shipped. It was the only place I ever saw where the charge was line itemed.

The store just gave me a grand total, and it threw me off because we have different sales tax when buying at a store vs online (local sales tax vs lowest state sales tax), so I honestly assumed I was paying local city taxes. But they had no itemized list of charges at the store when I bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did the pre-order trade in deal. So are they supposed to send me a box to send them my old phone or what?