Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Making human-skin leather is gross. :colbert:

If you wanna cart a load of dead nazis off to a ghoul commune so that you can record them being eaten, make friends, and post a politically charged anarchist youtube video about them 'finally being able to make a positive contribution to society' as food, then sure, but wearing dead people as a fashion statement is too far for me.

Besides, you'd have to find some artisanal-crafts leatherworker with no sense of decorum to make it for you, I'm like 99% sure that Ette does not know how to tan leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm all for helping the less fortunate, and it would make some terrific pictures to send to Humanis policlub under the title "wish you were here"

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Crasical posted:

post a politically charged anarchist youtube video about them 'finally being able to make a positive contribution to society' as food,

This is an outstanding idea. Tias, what do we know about ghoul communities nearby? Anything?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's a great idea to make friends with ghouls just from a practical standpoint: they're tough and have astral sight.
Also since cloning human flesh is a thing they could definitely rejoin society, if we get rid of all the Nazis.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
Cloned flesh is too sterile. It needs to be carved out of an actual living (or formerly living) metahuman, complete with Essence, or it doesn't nourish. It'll soothe their hunger, but sooner or later...

Also, there's no way we're going to have the option of sticking around long enough to grab 'souvenirs' unless we're really into letting anarchists bleed out in the back of our vehicle.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ok so we knock out their defenses and leave an anonymous tip to the ghouls in their inbox or whatever.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, "free lunch here" with a phone pic

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

Sending a 'free lunch' message to ghouls sounds more like it. Low-effort, low time investment, but a really smug note to blow town on.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
A wins! Update later today. Sometime saturday, CET, sorry.

Vavrek posted:

This is an outstanding idea. Tias, what do we know about ghoul communities nearby? Anything?

There are feral ghoul packs all over town, also not far from Bergesdorf, but you'll risk non-afiliated kids being eaten on the way, also there's a non-zero chance they will just be killed off by cops or guards.

Tias fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 9, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Naah , ferals are beyond hope and will not help you.
Unless you manage to trick the Nazis to go into feral territory.:zombie:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Well, enough rumors abound about raised/sapient ghouls for Ette to consider them a thing, but he doesn't know about any in person.

Tias fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 8, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Still, it's never a wrong move to dupe Nazis into assaulting a trap full of aggressive fauna.
Keep notes of any such places, and decrepit buildings in danger of collapse.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Is there any way to combine this forming plan with the earlier option B, crashing the art exhibit/party? Because that would be a legendary way to blow town.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

*yoink*

I GOT YER COIN PURSE! Now here have some hungry ghouls. :haw:

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Sorry for the delay, I may have Lyme disease and have spent the weekend in bed))

Hacking in Progress........*

Hacking a public grid used to be a walk in the park, but even a drekhole like Hamburg has some security now. Fortunately, you and the boys spent a beer or ten probing a backdoor last week, which now seamlessly opens for you.

In a matter of between ten and fifteen seconds, you have control of cameras in the street, re-established contact with the bulldozers, and gained "eyes" in the water via publically owned FLIR and pressure sensors. The 'dozers are inert, likely as a result of ICE or a hacker 'bricking' them.

You're gripped by an intense desire to have one of the new attention co-processors installed! It might have reduced the time of the hack, and have helped your escape without getting fragged by a wayward mortar shell. When you think about it, your very survival could depend on an augmentation of this sort!

Your musing is cut short when your 'Schäfer' combat drone, now patched into the cameras, notes that multiple hostiles are pouring fire its way. Its built-in combat routine could probably supress them, but it's more fun to rig it yourself, isn't it?

Now awash in the data-and-chrome world of the combat drone, you act even quicker than it could on its own, slaying fascists with three-round bursts as they lean out of the window and into your nano-forged 7.62mm rounds. They leave the window-ward rooms, and you opt not to drive closer, your repair costs are high enough as is. Sweet zombie Jesus, it would be sweet to have an attention co-processor. Maybe you could afford a second-hand Erika unit, it's trill as hell and it doesn't run worse from having spent time inside another head, right?

Your augmentation fantasies are cut short as a massive shudder goes through the water! You sweep the cameras in your streets and drones, jump out of the Schäfer and hurry to check the sensors and your blood freezes: A sub has just entered the water!

Bergesdorf, like most of Hamburg, has fallen victim to rising sea levels time and time again, leaving some enterprising individuals to pump water out of formerly occupied floors and rig up ghetto submarine pens. Evidently, the Nationale Aktion have joined the club.

What do you do?

A) Assume the enemy is trying to leave the canal, and order the canal's node to close its emergency floodgate.

B) Assume they are trying to orient themselves or plan, and jury-rig a depth charge from the grenades you have with you.

C) Assume they are already targeting you, and haul rear end out of there.

D) Something else?

(( We aced our checks, but having no experience with sub piloting, Ette has no idea about the subs bearing and likely avenue of action.))

Tias fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 11, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B. A is a non issue, and C can wait until we have further information.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 12, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A

Let's trap them and finish them off.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B, it covers for the other options.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Das Boot this ain't

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Bushmeister posted:

Das Boot this ain't

Das Beste response.

Also, I hope you get to feeling better. If not, hey, at least you'll have something in common with Avril Lavigne.

Wait... That isn't comforting at all

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

B, it'll buy us some time no matter what they're up to.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Tias posted:

You're gripped by an intense desire to have one of the new attention co-processors installed! It might have reduced the time of the hack, and have helped your escape without getting fragged by a wayward mortar shell. When you think about it, your very survival could depend on an augmentation of this sort!

D, continue fantasizing about an attention co-processor. It would be so cool, and also, like SUPER USEFUL, all at the same time, which is all of the time.

(Not sure what I want to do and attention co-processors are definitely something to get distracted by to further justify your need for an attention co-processor. May change vote later if I figure out what I want more than an attention co-processor.)

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Attention coprocessors are super neat. Who doesn't love a man with a huge perception pool? Just gotta visit your local wizboy and make sure that getting one installed won't make your soul fall off, first.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
B, how is a sub going to target a small-displacement boat like ours? Best to keep them under pressure, anyway.

What exactly is our win condition here?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ralith posted:

Kill all nazis.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Ralith posted:

B, how is a sub going to target a small-displacement boat like ours? Best to keep them under pressure, anyway.

Well, it's the grim, neon-soaked cyberpunk future, nearly everything can attack everything else - that said, they're not SEALs, but nazis who got creative.

You'll get paid if you block off their street, and attack their hideout, which has already been completed.

At present you'll want to get yourself out of danger, and hurt the nazis some more if possible. It doesn't seem there are more guys in the building to target, though.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Tias posted:

Well, it's the grim, neon-soaked cyberpunk future, nearly everything can attack everything else - that said, they're not SEALs, but nazis who got creative.
I don't know a lot about shadowrun in general, much less shadowrun submarine warfare, but there aren't a whole lot of things a submerged sub can normally do aside from launch something torpedo-like; guns and energy weapons don't really work underwater. I guess they might have fancy high tech super-maneuverable close range torpedos that could target us?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Ralith posted:

I don't know a lot about shadowrun in general, much less shadowrun submarine warfare, but there aren't a whole lot of things a submerged sub can normally do aside from launch something torpedo-like; guns and energy weapons don't really work underwater. I guess they might have fancy high tech super-maneuverable close range torpedos that could target us?

Smart gyrojet weapons are a thing in 4E - that said, we are dealing with one nazi who fashions himself captain Nemo, not corporate naval assets.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
It's a homemade sub. It's probably only got one hatch and we're a gear obsessed tech head. Do we have a small hand held welding torch? Can we paddle over to the sub and weld the hatch shut, then start cutting holes in it?

Not very strategic but I like the visual.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

It's a homemade sub. It's probably only got one hatch and we're a gear obsessed tech head. Do we have a small hand held welding torch? Can we paddle over to the sub and weld the hatch shut, then start cutting holes in it?

Not very strategic but I like the visual.
That'd be hilarious.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

+1

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Plan Outrail:allears:

Tias
May 25, 2008

I like the idea, but the sub is displacing below the surface, and while Ette can swim, it's not really advisable in that kind of water( we're using the term loosely). Also, the sub would just scoot away before he could weld the hatch.

Sorry! I suppose B wins, update when I get around to it :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm switching to A.

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Sorry it's been a while, been real sick and then catching up to school. I'm going to fiat that the depth charge was picked, reserving the right to break ties. Sorry, Lurkbeast!))

Bombs away

You make an amazingly snap decision for someone not possessed of an attention co-processor. Drek, but you want that aug bad!

"Guys, collect all the grenades, shove them inna bag!! I need a detonator, shake Olli!"

Olli has come to in the meantime. He's pale, but reacts with frosty professionalism, and you feel glad to have him back among the living.

"Put a bit of this fire retardant blanket in it, then this termite, activate and drop it exactly when I tell you to."

You assholes clenches to a fine point, and you bring your pulse down with some crunch-time meditation.

You rush to patch Olli into the underwater sensors and the piece-of-poo poo soviet issue underwater FLIR in the 'craft.

Harrowing seconds pass.. If that sub has any surface weaponry they'll blow your flimsy boat to poo poo. You wish you'd paid more attention to the bleeding edge of sub weaponry, but your thoughts return to the co-processor, and you suspect that there's some truth to the allegations that you're addicted to 'ware.

Flo has done some demo work before, so you browbeat him into carrying out Ollis instructions. You know you have to gun the engine once it's done, in case the detonation is too powerful or somenone dropped an EMP grenade in there.

Olli says go, and Flo drops the bomb, and you gun the engine nearly before it hits the water! As you race out and over the canal intersection with a nearly ramping jump, a massive CRUMP sounds and a torrent of water sprays out of the canal behind you.

You have no naval experience, or you'd recognize the FLIR and audial data reporting a good hit on target! As it is, you just keep from making GBS threads in panic, and take your guys to a secure dock as fast as the traction pillows will take you...

(( Update with choices later today. You killed nazis good, correctly guessing that they were trying to orient themselves for an attack on you, and Flo and Olli managed to pass their checks and not EMP/Frag your entire deck!
Final Score: :krad: ))

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:awesomelon:HAHAHAHA:awesome:
That's my vote, laugh maniacally.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Tias posted:

You wish you'd paid more attention to the bleeding edge of sub weaponry, but your thoughts return to the co-processor, and you suspect that there's some truth to the allegations that you're addicted to 'ware.
If we had an attention co-processor, we could think about new augs and our alleged addiction at the same time. :colbert:

Seconding the vote to laugh maniacally. :awesome:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:awesomelon:HAHAHAHA:awesome:
That's my vote, laugh maniacally.

:same:

Smilie relevent

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also giggle disturbingly before launching into the full laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Giggle quietly until we get an uneasy look or two, then laugh maniacally

• Locked thread