Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bifauxnen posted:

on D1 only I get to be town you can be purple

Can you please you my proper name to avoid confusion, it's =IFERROR(SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())/TODAY()), SUM(RAND()*RAND()/RAND()))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (1): Bifauxnen
Kasumeat (1): SLASHER HAWKE
Jonathan Fisk (1): chaoslord
Bifauxnen (1): flerp
SLASHER HAWKE (1): Kasumeat
King Burgundy (1): Somberbrero, flerp, flerp
flerp (1): King Burgundy

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 21 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends I am excited to be here

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends I am excited to be here

this is a lie

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

My theory caught 8bux as scum last game and I see no reason to change now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadline's tomorrow so we really ought to kill someone. Bif and Somber are the only ones in my head right now but neither really looks bad there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

My theory caught 8bux as scum last game and I see no reason to change now.

I was just thinking of that, yeah. Seems like a nice ready-made approach to repeat if you're scum trying to fake up content this time... :cheeky:

But I'd say it depends on what else they're doing. I love going all into inquisitor mode myself but 8bux never consolidated his results into solid reads.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Deadline's tomorrow so we really ought to kill someone. Bif and Somber are the only ones in my head right now but neither really looks bad there.

What an unusual suggestion.

##vote RF

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bifauxnen posted:

What an unusual suggestion.

##vote RF

Yep, struck me too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What's unusual about suggesting we come to consensus at this point? We're <24 hours from deadline and nobody has more than one vote on them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

8bux was playing a game????

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

What's unusual about suggesting we come to consensus at this point? We're <24 hours from deadline and nobody has more than one vote on them

I'm unclear what you were saying... like we should kill bif or Somber but they didn't seem that bad?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unrelated thoughts. We need to decide on someone but everyone other than those two is just a sort of dialtone in my brain.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Retro Futurist posted:

Unrelated thoughts. We need to decide on someone but everyone other than those two is just a sort of dialtone in my brain.

You literally just picked the two most active posters in a dead game. I hate when I have to start thinking about "too scummy to be scum" this early.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
rf is always 2 scummy 2 be scum it feels like

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kasumeat posted:

I hate when I have to start thinking about "too scummy to be scum" this early.

hey if anyone out there is a jester, just claim it so we can send you on your way D1 without you having to fake up a lot of purposely bad content first :v:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

flerp posted:

rf is always 2 scummy 2 be scum it feels like

This is true and what gives me pause

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
YT is on my sus list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

YT is on my sus list

any particular reason you got vibes from him over the other lurkers?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

This is true and what gives me pause

Take a stand!

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Take a stand!

I did, read my case on Birb

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kasumeat posted:

You literally just picked the two most active posters in a dead game. I hate when I have to start thinking about "too scummy to be scum" this early.

Right. Which is why they're the ones I can think of and everyone else is a dialtone.

I think you guys are reading this as me advocating killing Somber or Bif which I've explicitly stated is not the case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to dunk myself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

I bet you'd have a hard time getting the votes rn even if you tried :v:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

You don't seem to be pursuing anyone though, you just dropped a vote on KB and then seem to have forgotten about that, and then have mostly focused on yourself since then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kasumeat posted:

You don't seem to be pursuing anyone though, you just dropped a vote on KB and then seem to have forgotten about that, and then have mostly focused on yourself since then.

Yeah that's fair.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that's fair.

Alright then

##vote Somber

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Yawn

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that's fair.

Glad to see this spurred you to action!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok I'm awake, and I owe bif "a case or something". Need some breakfast first so probably by 930 central anyway

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Let's have some fun on this monday morning

##vote Somberbrero

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm gonna ##vote Keane

I am suspicious of the whole n0 Kash thing. I know Keane likes to make joke claims but he tends to do that in an over the top way like "COP" or something, making it really obvious he is joking. He started today off with apparently serious claiming the death of Kash. While it's possible for someone to genuinely make that mistake I guess, I just dont think Keane is usually paying that little attention to things going on. It pings me the wrong way.

Alternatively, I'd also vote RF for

Retro Futurist posted:

Being just a great Bad Post. Deadline being 24 hours away on a game with a super long deadline seems like a weird thing to worry about. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming people are going to just show up in the evening tonight. To make that post just looks to me like wanting to be seen posting or pushing for a vote rather than actually doing anything. Even if I'm wrong, he floats two names as "Neither looks bad" and then does not try to offer an alternative. He has posted multiple times since then and he has not put a vote down yet or even said someone he wants to vote. "Hey, we need to lynch someone, but I'm not going to do the hunting. Y'all just come up with someone and I'll vote them."

Could also vote Somber. Didn't think him coming in aggressively was really scummy but I think Kasu makes a good point about his play overall.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Actually

##vote RF

talked myself into it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah everyone probably will show up tonight. Except we still barely have consensus so that's not a good thing and it would have been better if we'd worked on this yesterday.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean, since when do I care about looking like I'm doing anything useful?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

What's weird about it?

(I ask this, even though it appears you have been asked this by others a couple times now and deliberately avoided answering it.)

I don't like that Keane has avoided this over and over. Right now I'm thinking it was a made up scum post and he doesn't have any real opinions to back it up.

##vote Keane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean, since when do I care about looking like I'm doing anything useful?

This is true. Why do you care now?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I don't like that Keane has avoided this over and over. Right now I'm thinking it was a made up scum post and he doesn't have any real opinions to back it up.

##vote Keane

:agreed:

King Burgundy posted:

This is true. Why do you care now?

:agreed:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright, i've got my own game's deadline tonight so i'm going to try and put in work now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Somber ain't scum. KB's reaction is weird. Bif is also not scum.

this is the post that seems to have generated the most reaction so let's start there. i get why people are casing keane off of this, it's a lot of cavalier non-calls.

on its face, yeah this is a scummy post, but within the context of the slow day and the actual content itself, i ain't mad at it. king's reaction was weird. i don't think bif is scum. i'm not scum. yes keane could back away from this easily but he doesn't. his following posts are hip-shots but there is content there.

CCKeane posted:

Look this is where I shoot from *points to hip* I shoot from the hip, Bif.

CCKeane posted:

Nah, reads to me as someone coming in aggressively to try to get a game going. Don't see it as scummy.

both of these are posts are him standing his ground, and he is pushing an actual candidate too, albeit softly.

(in regards to rf)

CCKeane posted:

Yep, struck me too.

i would vote keane to avoid a NL but unless i really can't find anything else to work with, i don't think he's a good candidate for today.

• Locked thread