Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

After kicking the current crop of cases around for a bit I've settled on the following: who in the gently caress ever heard of a Doc role that can self-heal two nights in a row? I don't think Somberbrero is going to put a role like that into the game.

Accordingly, ##vote derp

If I'm wrong and actually unlimited-self-healing-Docs are a Thing in SA Mafia games, I'll unvote, but I'm fairly sure no one's using a role quite so broken.

Is it so broken though? I guess it's not typical but in a game with a scum roleblocker it would hardly be invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

Is it so broken though? I guess it's not typical but in a game with a scum roleblocker it would hardly be invincible.

that hinges on the idea that the scum knows who the doctor is, and/or the roleblocker not dying before they figure it out. otherwise it'd be invisible

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
invincible

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

yronic heroism posted:

Frankly at least one of them is scum. The most likely third option is that both are scum and bussing each other hard to keep one of them in the game.

that would be way too stupid i was under no pressure until his claim, that would be really dumb thing to do as a scum bro. whats more likely is a scum who is feeling nervous, not making many posts, seeing a town pr they dont know how to NK and deciding he might as well go for it and see if he can take me down with him.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Did you make any claim that early that would result in you being jailed?

Derp has a good reason for being targeted and visiting himself with the early claim.

Yes I made a post D1 that said "don't target me"

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

I'm BP so don't target me

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yes... and the context of that was when everyone was talking about vig's and who to shoot with them. being bp is no reason to jail anyone and would be a complete waste of a jail

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No it wasn't that was my first post after confirming iirc

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

derp posted:

i have a bad feeling about this rain and dark and whispering wind. i fear some strange things may happen that cause, say, all our day powers to be shuffled around.

so if you have a dayshot you better use it quick before the scum get it

In fact, p much the only person talking about a vig day 1 was you, who was arguing someone should use it as soon as possible on day 1.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

that doesn't mean vigchat hadn't started yet

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

In fact, p much the only person talking about a vig day 1 was you, who was arguing someone should use it as soon as possible on day 1.

interesting that kash's first real poke was at this

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. F! posted:

it was your first post after confirming, but we were all talking about vigs. just look back, the whole thread is here for you to read with one click.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im not changing my vote c u guys day4

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

derp posted:

whats more likely is a scum who is feeling nervous, not making many posts, seeing a town pr they dont know how to NK and deciding he might as well go for it and see if he can take me down with him.

This is what I thought after he claimed Watcher, but then I got obsessed w the idea of a framer - and to be clear, by "framer" I mean a role that hides who the kill was done by, through disguise for example. I believe TNL suggested that at least matches flavourwise.

I would vote Mr F if it's otherwise a no lynch, but I won't vote Derp, at least until we get N3 information.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Are we really drawing this one out to the last minute as well?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

Are we really drawing this one out to the last minute as well?

Looks like it. We have a lot of v quiet players

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

TNL: where are you?

Imp/stickup: what exactly are you waiting for?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

derp (3): Mr. F!, flerp, DivineCoffeeBinge
Mr. F! (3): got some chores tonight, The Ninth Layer, derp, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
yronic heroism (2): this is a stickup, 2 penny bottle imp

Not Voting (1): The Ninth Layer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 59 minutes.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:negative: the dumbest of games.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I don't know, given D1 I think 2 hours to go is a little premature to start worrying about dead game.

I'm still liking derp more than Mr. F!, if only because if Mr. F! is scum and is trying to bullshit claim to try and throw dirt on derp he could have picked so many better targets than derp. We'll see how things are looking in an hour, I guess.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The only thing giving me pause is I think imp is acting very scummy and is more likely to be scumbuddies with derp. Derp on his own tho is less scummy than Mr F in my opinion. But really one way or the other we gotta choose between the two and it's suicidal for town to accept a stalemate today.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

stickup is starting to read more like tunnel vision town to me but really needs to make a decision if that's the case.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm still liking derp more than Mr. F!, if only because if Mr. F! is scum and is trying to bullshit claim to try and throw dirt on derp he could have picked so many better targets than derp. We'll see how things are looking in an hour, I guess.

what better target than someone who claimed doctor and stopped a kill already? he's the scum who tried to kill me, and his kill failed, so now he's going this route.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi yes I am here, I posted once earlier from my phone saying that I'd be home around now, but it didn't go through I guess

I would like to take a look back at derp and mr f in relation to other players before making a call either way

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm gonna ##vote Mr. F!

Magnus has brought up ok points about how the night 1 kill could have been blocked by something other than derp's protect, but putting aside all claims I think he's scummier than derp, and taking claims into account I still think it was very convenient he "saw the nightkill" in response to the suspicion he got early today.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The other thing derp has going for him is he did vote early on flam. Not that scum never sacrifices a buddy, but still.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Don't forget tnl was cagey in response to my question of if he thought I was lying about my claim and, in fact, never answered that question

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah well, if tnl has fooled us all we're hosed anyway

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I'm willing to switch my vote; is there any benefit to waiting a little while longer, or should I just get it over with?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
one other thing that gives me pause about mr f is the way he only started playing at this point in the game. he did the same not too long ago in a game rf ran.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
please wait as I read, I have a minor crisis on my hands that I'm dealing with at the same time

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

this is a stickup posted:

please wait as I read, I have a minor crisis on my hands that I'm dealing with at the same time

Can do.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Ok Im back online. Reading now.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

one other thing that gives me pause about mr f is the way he only started playing at this point in the game. he did the same not too long ago in a game rf ran.

I find all these references to past games mildy annoying. It's like some type of 'call to authority' that basically can't be disputed.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm sorry that you're incapable of meta analysis because you haven't read those games, but you can go back and read other games, or not, and you don't have to take my word for it. I'm not going to turn my brain off and pretend meta doesn't exist.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Don't most people play about the same as scum or town?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

Don't forget tnl was cagey in response to my question of if he thought I was lying about my claim and, in fact, never answered that question

I think I've made it clear several times that I think you are lying.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I find all these references to past games mildy annoying. It's like some type of 'call to authority' that basically can't be disputed.

If you play long enough you'll be making those same references because you'll begin to notice patterns in how certain players approach the game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

imo no, not really. usually I'm noticing things like 'tone' I suppose (though with you it is a total guess since I don't know your normal tone - I haven't had a strong read other than tnl all game to be quite honest), and certain voting patterns that people exhibit early on

I guess you could sit back and analyze game by game, post by post to see, but, why? meta comes from just playing games, really, and so does picking up on the differences between each person's tendencies as scum or town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

That's the goal but in practice it's harder to play scum for most people because lying about opinions takes more work than just honestly reporting them.

• Locked thread