Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birb, what do you think about flerp?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But why'd won't you vote your scum read CLord

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I was reread voteleaders RF and Somber and I'm leaning towards Somber based on this and his preceding posts

Somberbrero posted:

Because I was trying to move the game forward. Some part of that was hyperbole, but it was frustrating to feel like I had caught a thread and then realize that it was all goofs and spoofs.

That's the point, there's nothing else going on. Your goofy case is the most serious investment of effort so far. Is the idea here that I'm faking that reaction? That seems awfully familiar of you.

In a vacuum I would believe the sentiment, but Somber would have seen Bif and KB play together in some more recent games and I think someone who has been in those games with them would understand the stuff about spreadsheets. I think Somber was trying to move the game forward, but I don't think the content was genuine.

et voila ##vote Somber

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Birb, what do you think about flerp?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because I post good videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKCvIbv_5co

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

:same:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

chaoslord posted:

This is so wrong it's laughable. I... how in the world did you even get that from us who voted RF?

You're accusing a guy of being scum for posting "We should lynch someone" on D1 in a game of Mafia.

The only reasoning is, "He didn't provide an alternative."

I mean perhaps your man noticed there were no giant lynch targets but hasn't had time to case someone. I've seen a post like that numerous times in basically every game of mafia I've ever played.

It's a nothing statement that neither indicates scum or town.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have an insurance policy which pays more if he gets NK'd, double dies on an underwater salvage mission.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, thats sounding better, what about Kasu and Birb though, YT?

Kasu's all over the place and is jumping on basically anyone that posts anything vaguely controversial.

To me that screams confused town player or potentially scum trying to get something going, but not enough that I'd vote.

Birb:

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I was reread voteleaders RF and Somber and I'm leaning towards Somber based on this and his preceding posts

In a vacuum I would believe the sentiment, but Somber would have seen Bif and KB play together in some more recent games and I think someone who has been in those games with them would understand the stuff about spreadsheets. I think Somber was trying to move the game forward, but I don't think the content was genuine.

et voila ##vote Somber

Your man posts nothing all day and jumps on one of the only two people with more than one vote based on a tell that's reaching at best around an argument that should have been dead and buried forty posts ago. The icing is that it's based on the idea that Somber would associate Bif and KB with spreadsheets and know the joke when almost every game the man's run has me in it posting gigantic spreadsheets that track votes and everything people say.

It's honestly a really bad case and I think that Birb can do a lot better. It feels to me more scum than it does town because I think town Birb would be more active and wouldn't jump to a case like that.

gently caress it

##vote Slasher Hawke

That's my RP done, imma sleep. Kill me if you want.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You're accusing a guy of being scum for posting "We should lynch someone" on D1 in a game of Mafia.

The only reasoning is, "He didn't provide an alternative."

I mean perhaps your man noticed there were no giant lynch targets but hasn't had time to case someone. I've seen a post like that numerous times in basically every game of mafia I've ever played.

It's a nothing statement that neither indicates scum or town.

"He didn't provide an alternative" is a hugely different reason than "SCUM, HE WANTS TO LYNCH TOWN PEOPLE." I'm glad you have figured out the actual reason for the RF case.

I disagree with the rest of your post, though. RF's post was a bad one.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

YT: there's less than two hours till deadline, I know let's keep the vote split.

:thunk:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

et voila ##vote Somber

I didn't get it. Not even kb or bif agree with you on rhat point.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Don't worry I also have an esoteric and somewhat arbitrary case on RF because of this post:

Retro Futurist posted:

Deadline's tomorrow so we really ought to kill someone. Bif and Somber are the only ones in my head right now but neither really looks bad there.

RF didn't mention Bif before and it's very odd that he would take this position given that Bif and Somber seemed to be on opposite sides of the argument.

I would feel justified voting on this but it seems less weird compared to previous games than Somber, and well poo poo I can't vote for both.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

In a vacuum I would believe the sentiment, but Somber would have seen Bif and KB play together in some more recent games and I think someone who has been in those games with them would understand the stuff about spreadsheets.

Also the stuff about being hyper aggressive and calling names!

YT, I don't wish to disparage your spreadsheet game but I believe I am a bit more well known for it, to the point where KB and others will often call out for a screenshot from me midgame.

Birb I think we are getting on the same page here, and you're making me wonder if I should stick to Somber after all. But I'm getting more nervous about a possible YT/Kasu team here so I'd put Somber as lower priority rn. Why didnt YT think to mention you and Kasu casing each other till I brought it up? It was the other main bit of content in between the KB thing and RF.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

idk I'm around for like 50 minutes so splitting the vote didn't make sense to me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

wait also isn't YT one of the "d1 lunches are bad" dumb brigade?

why even go out of you're way to vote except to fake anger

trapcard activate ##vote YT

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

wait also isn't YT one of the "d1 lunches are bad" dumb brigade?

why even go out of you're way to vote except to fake anger

trapcard activate ##vote YT

hAHA nice OMGUD bitcg

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The other thing that makes me nervous is Somber also had a vote from Kasu on him before. The votes creeping back onto Somber after I'd moved mine felt like scum being too nervous to obviously pick up the bandwagon when it was just me voting, but then trying to get it restarted when it looked in danger of fizzling out.

Of course, Somber could still be scum after all, some of his posts still big me but for now I think Somber has a higher chance of his content turning out to be genuine. It's a bit meatier than Kasu's and definitely better than YT's.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Also the stuff about being hyper aggressive and calling names!

YT, I don't wish to disparage your spreadsheet game but I believe I am a bit more well known for it, to the point where KB and others will often call out for a screenshot from me midgame.

Birb I think we are getting on the same page here, and you're making me wonder if I should stick to Somber after all. But I'm getting more nervous about a possible YT/Kasu team here so I'd put Somber as lower priority rn. Why didnt YT think to mention you and Kasu casing each other till I brought it up? It was the other main bit of content in between the KB thing and RF.

I don't feel like a scum kasu would have backed off me that easily once I pointed out the flawed logic. Although his points seem to be a bit all over the place, I'm leaning town there for now. I don't think I've ever played with him before though, so no meta to lean on or anything.

I'm not sure on YT. Willing to vote I guess, but I prefer Somber, RF and Keane as vote targets at the moment.

Although I'll admit to waffling a bit at this point and thinking maybe do one of the other two today since at least Somber is posting and posting content. This is my lurker bias bleeding through though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw, Flerp can you please post some opinions of your own before end of day instead of just following where Fisk told you to vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i know he doesn't have an extensive post history but i feel best about voting binus by a wiiiide margin.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why does no one else seem to remember flerp exists

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Watching him post this game has reminded me that he just poo poo posts and votes whoever.

I'll gladly vote him, but it isn't attached to an alignment. No clue what he is.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Somberbrero posted:

he said, whilst calling out people for jokeposts.

I get that you're defensive because I voted for you, but man, context is critical here. Look when I voted for you, and what I said. It was early this morning , long before any legitimate discussion had taken place. My vote was an attempt to start it, and I think it worked. There's been pages of discussion since, which is a good thing. And When I called out a few people for lack of posts, it was a few hours ago, after jokephase ended. Maybe you disagree with me, but it seems like a pretty big difference to me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Watching him post this game has reminded me that he just poo poo posts and votes whoever.

I'll gladly vote him, but it isn't attached to an alignment. No clue what he is.

:agreed:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I little have no feelings about flerp even after playing who knows how many games

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

I get that you're defensive because I voted for you, but man, context is critical here. Look when I voted for you, and what I said. It was early this morning , long before any legitimate discussion had taken place. My vote was an attempt to start it, and I think it worked. There's been pages of discussion since, which is a good thing. And When I called out a few people for lack of posts, it was a few hours ago, after jokephase ended. Maybe you disagree with me, but it seems like a pretty big difference to me.

wrong. you voted me literally this calendar day on page 7 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832713&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post476285144

originally you stated this about your vote:

b-minus1 posted:

You’re right, there was no context. Hence the “having fun” part of that post.

so were you 'having fun' or attempting to start discussion?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i know he doesn't have an extensive post history but i feel best about voting binus by a wiiiide margin.

I could see it

Are you town, somber?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

KB I don't really have reasoning beyond gut and I said that here:

CCKeane posted:

Look this is where I shoot from *points to hip* I shoot from the hip, Bif.

Like, I guess if you want me to hire some analysts we can pour over the details of my life that lead to such a feeling, but you're not going to get in depth analysis day one and that's how it goes.

YT is weird and I'd vote him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

KB I don't really have reasoning beyond gut and I said that here:

Like, I guess if you want me to hire some analysts we can pour over the details of my life that lead to such a feeling, but you're not going to get in depth analysis day one and that's how it goes.

YT is weird and I'd vote him.

Ah, I assumed that was about the other question, since gut is normally reserved for scum calls.

So to confirm, you are saying your gut makes you think my reaction is weird?

FWIW, if that is the case, THAT seems weird to me. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Ah, I assumed that was about the other question, since gut is normally reserved for scum calls.

So to confirm, you are saying your gut makes you think my reaction is weird?

FWIW, if that is the case, THAT seems weird to me. :)

I mean, that's fine, I thought it was pretty clear but okay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I could see it

Are you town, somber?

yes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus, who is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm feeling Somber strongly as town atm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

b-minus, who is scum?

do you see the disparity in the reasons he has stated for voting me?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I'm tired of going back and forth with somber, as it is accomplishing nothing. He's either trying to figure out how i nailed him as scum and desperately trying to avoid a wagon, or he's a town player just trying to survive while at the same time avoid being lynched on d1. either way, maybe he's not the best target for today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

I'm tired of going back and forth with somber, as it is accomplishing nothing. He's either trying to figure out how i nailed him as scum and desperately trying to avoid a wagon, or he's a town player just trying to survive while at the same time avoid being lynched on d1. either way, maybe he's not the best target for today.

oh come on. if i pissed and pooped my jeans in terror of your poirotian insight, why would i be pushing you instead of one of the other far more viable candidates right now? i could hop on the rf, yt, or keane vote if i was trying to save myself. instead i'm trying to dunk scum.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hahaha

"binus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

##vote b-minus1