Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A prequel game about The Great Ape War would actually be pretty cool

hhahhahahha what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Clear Joycon cases came in today, the cases themselves look like they're ok, but the buttons loving suck. Why is X yellow when it's supposed to be B yellow? Also the printing seems misaligned a bit.

Colors don't match up with the SFC colors [im unsure if they were meant to or not] but I might just leave default buttons in or have colored DPAD at least.]

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

The harmony is the part that was added in Yoshi's Island.

The melody and bass are new, true; it's insane how Koji Kondo drives the harmony with just those two voices on top of the original composition and changes the musical function of the chords. He's so god drat talented and it's a shame he doesn't compose anything anymore.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dizz posted:

Clear Joycon cases came in today, the cases themselves look like they're ok, but the buttons loving suck. Why is X yellow when it's supposed to be B yellow? Also the printing seems misaligned a bit.

Colors don't match up with the SFC colors [im unsure if they were meant to or not] but I might just leave default buttons in or have colored DPAD at least.]

I just looked it up and wow, that's hosed, they have a different color scheme for each one of their shells. Really dumb. On the other hand, I know a lot of Goons gently caress heavy with the transparent purple Nintendo hardware and the company added some new colors:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

ovenboy posted:

stardew coop when

Late this year on PC, early 2018 on consoles. It's also not couch co-op--one player per system. Bummed me out because I was hoping to get it on Switch to play couch co-op, but my girlfriend and I already have it for PC so we'll stick to that, I guess.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bleck posted:

hhahhahahha what the gently caress?

Respect the lore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe they added Hearthstone and Overwatch to the Switch, that was quick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bowmore posted:

I can't believe they added Hearthstone and Overwatch to the Switch, that was quick

And yet no Rock n Roll Racing? hosed up.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just looked it up and wow, that's hosed, they have a different color scheme for each one of their shells. Really dumb. On the other hand, I know a lot of Goons gently caress heavy with the transparent purple Nintendo hardware and the company added some new colors:

Okay I must have this. When, where, and how much? Take my money. Now if possible.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

squidgee posted:

P sure #1 should be cloud saves.

Or at least, just being able to transfer saves and choose where things install to.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bowmore posted:

I'm kind of surprised Blizzard hasn't bothered to jump on the Switch train with Diablo or Hearthstone, the 2 easiest games they could bring over, though it's likely they're making enough money as is and don't care about putting anything on Switch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Okay I must have this. When, where, and how much? Take my money. Now if possible.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JBBFSL/ref=twister_B073XKXQW4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It's DIY, so you'll need to take your Switch apart and it sucks but the end result is really worth it. I have a SNES Switch now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I have a black and gray switch. The perfect switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have a black and gray switch. The perfect switch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

s.i.r.e. posted:

oh my god it's literally the game boy color I always wanted as a child (as opposed to the one I had which was still :krad:)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Am I the only person whose most anticipated title is nba 2k18? I don't even normally play nba games but a full featured portable sports game sounds kind of unreal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Question for those who replaced their Switch shell. Are there any kinds of warranty stickers, particularly on the back plate? How difficult was it to replace the shell?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zimbomonkey posted:

Am I the only person whose most anticipated title is nba 2k18? I don't even normally play nba games but a full featured portable sports game sounds kind of unreal.

Realistic sports games look so complicated. I don't enjoy them but gamers that call people stupid that like them are dumb. The interface looks like a loving strategy game for a lot of them.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

zimbomonkey posted:

My probably most played game ever is MLB The Show on Vita, and that's almost as full featured as the console version. And yeah, it's a game changer.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

PowerBeard posted:

Just chiming in to say that co-op NeuroVoider on the Switch with a buddy is amazing fun. Especially when one of us got the tactical nuke cannon and proceeded to decimate the boss with the other acting as bodyguard.

:hellyeah: :hf: :black101:
I saw in the PR there's a single joycon mode w/auto aim, have you tried that out? Curious if there's a manual aim somehow (like Smash TV on SNES using the ABXY buttons) and/or if the auto aim is ok enough for 4 players to just mindlessly blast away and grind through. Mostly looking for something like Gauntlet, worst case I figure Nine Parchments later this year will probably be the one to get.

zimbomonkey posted:

If you're a fan of NBA sim games I imagine it'll be pretty awesome. Can't say I'm big on basketball sims (prefer arcadey stuff there) but get the appeal of sports sims. I like Madden myself...but seeing as there's nothing there (:argh: EA) I'm thinking about FIFA since that was pretty fun last I played one way back.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Realistic sports games look so complicated. I don't enjoy them but gamers that call people stupid that like them are dumb. The interface looks like a loving strategy game for a lot of them.
FIFA can be appealing just cause while it does have the strategy stuff, they can also be played pretty simply without thinking about any of it. There's advanced moves and stuff, but ultimately can be played by running around, passing, and shooting. I feel like soccer and hockey games are both kinda like that, and now I want a NHL game.

I guess you could say that about basketball games too but I think the smaller court makes them feel a bit claustrophobic to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

If there's a seller that sells just buttons then I'd be all for it. otherwise I', not gonna deal with aliexpress anymore.

A few other notes during setup of just the right joycon:

-The buttons that came with it were fine fitting, while switch buttons sometimes were a bit stiff when put in, I had to slightly shave off a bit of the clear plastic around some edges so the buttons would fit perfectly.

-The + button was the worst offender to that, I had to do more shaving everywhere so it'd fit in nicely.

-Screw holes are a loving BITCH! Do yourself a favor and screw things in, take it out, and screw it again to make sure it fits well.

-Outside Twi-wing screws are DELICATE. be careful with unscrewing/screwing them. I would suggest buying replacement screws if there's a legit place to buy some.

E: I will add that they at least feel much better than the stock plastic joycons.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 12, 2017

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
The thing about realistic sports games is that if you want to play them realisitcally, you have to be prepared to lose a bunch. I think gamers aren't really used to that so it can seem pretty frustrating. Even in racing games, you're probably winning a majority of a time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I always find it amazing in sports games (the NRL ones come to mind) when I do a great scoring play that actually looks like something you'd see in the real sport. Normally to get decent chances to score (especially on higher difficulties) you need to almost completely ignore the real strategies and use specific methods that would make no sense in reality.

gently caress I love sports games and will buy nearly all of them on my Switch. Can't wait for FIFA. I will be buying them physical though, since I'll probably trade them in for the new one each year (good way to save money).

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Drunk Tomato posted:

The thing about realistic sports games is that if you want to play them realisitcally, you have to be prepared to lose a bunch. I think gamers aren't really used to that so it can seem pretty frustrating. Even in racing games, you're probably winning a majority of a time.

Also depending on how the developer feels that year, you may have to search for tutorials elsewhere

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Drunk Tomato posted:

I think for me a good chunk of frustration might have to do all the teammates that are out of your direct control. With Madden they predictably follow the plays you pick so I guess that's why I'm fine with it...and soccer and hockey might as well be chaos to me so the sim games aren't that much different for me :v:. Meanwhile I play and understand basketball and trying to run something resembling an actual offense just doesn't translate to video game format for me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If overwatch releases on the switch then RIP my free time.

Overwatch on Switch, now without a good way to communicate with your friends.

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm excited for it but it's not my most anticipated title. (because I get NBA 2k every year)

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

japtor posted:

I think for me a good chunk of frustration might have to do all the teammates that are out of your direct control. With Madden they predictably follow the plays you pick so I guess that's why I'm fine with it...and soccer and hockey might as well be chaos to me so the sim games aren't that much different for me :v:. Meanwhile I play and understand basketball and trying to run something resembling an actual offense just doesn't translate to video game format for me.

Baseball superiority! There's usually only one person moving on each team at a time. No need to rely on teammates, everyone just holds down their own fort.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

I'm kind of surprised Blizzard hasn't bothered to jump on the Switch train with Diablo or Hearthstone, the 2 easiest games they could bring over, though it's likely they're making enough money as is and don't care about putting anything on Switch.

I'd play the heck out of Diablo 2 on the Switch

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just picked up a Switch Dock Set from Meijer for $67.49 on clearance. All of the Nintendo stuff seemed to be on clearance outside of the games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

Baseball superiority! There's usually only one person moving on each team at a time. No need to rely on teammates, everyone just holds down their own fort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHH9EYZHoVU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DLC Inc posted:

The N64 Mini is gonna end up getting Starcraft 64 to pad out the lineup.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Smash Bros DX gets announced during the Direct

But more realistically I'm looking forward to a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Infinitum posted:

I hope Smash Bros DX gets announced during the Direct

But more realistically I'm looking forward to a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Don't give up hope. Want that smaaash.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brawl is already Smash Bros DX!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Brawl is already Smash Bros DX!
Id happily take a brawl port, it was the latest one I tried and it was pretty good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm convinced Smash is gonna be an E3 2018 showstopper. I'm gonna guess that we'll see a tiny teaser for Meat Roid 4.

Absolute outside pitch? They're gonna take all those Star Fox assets and make a new game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Nintendo Direct Japan was auto detected as having Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS content so something smash is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPF86bJzebk

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Lego worlds is fun and good, please continue enjoying it, all!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Id be more excited about Wii U ports if they did some significant updates to them to make me feel justified buying it twice. Or in Smah 4s case... 3 times.

I was hoping for some announced Mario Kart 8 DLC on the Switch at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there anywhere to even but replacement parts yet? I think I might want to replace a few of these if possible, but I have no idea where to buy tiny screws.

• Locked thread