Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dehry posted:

The Nintendo Direct Japan was auto detected as having Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS content so something smash is coming.

:catbert:

Don't toy with my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dehry posted:

The Nintendo Direct Japan was auto detected as having Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS content so something smash is coming.

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IDK how that works, isn't it a live stream

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think it has something to do with Youtube's content ID system. The video is uploaded in some form even if it's not viewable, and it detected material that makes what it recognizes for Smash Bros.?

That's just a guess. I don't know the ins and outs of how all this works.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How many new amiibos will appear in the Direct? My guess is: 6.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dehry posted:

:stare:

No no no no don't phunk with my heart

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I got a 7 dollar screen protector when this thing launched and was kinda bummed it was just some kind of film (I'm a idiot and just assumed it was a cheap plastic protector or something).

Other day my cat kicked my switch inside the dock onto the floor. Wasn't a big fall but still. Saw that it didn't have any scratches or anything and well guess I underestimated the protector I got. Neat.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's actually kinda hard to drop a handheld mode Switch on its screen if you think about it

The joysticks block it from landing screen-first. I discovered this happy accident

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think it has something to do with Youtube's content ID system. The video is uploaded in some form even if it's not viewable, and it detected material that makes what it recognizes for Smash Bros.?

That's just a guess. I don't know the ins and outs of how all this works.

"Content ID'd in the butt by my own copyright.", a story by Tingle for Smash Bros. Switch Edition.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Japanese twitter is speculating Gamecube VC based on the 14th being the day it was released in Japan.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I speculate Destiny 2 is confirmed for Switch seeing how that is a popular game that just came out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dizz posted:

Is there anywhere to even but replacement parts yet? I think I might want to replace a few of these if possible, but I have no idea where to buy tiny screws.

These are tiny regular philips screws that can be used in Gameboys. I haven't taken apart a Switch, but Nintendo seemingly likes to use the the same parts. It's just easier to deal with these than tri-tip.
https://handheldlegend.com/collections/parts-and-tools/products/game-boy-replcement-screws

Here's a good tri-tip screwdriver.
https://handheldlegend.com/collecti...ant=35317249155

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

YouTube's content identifier thing shouldn't be trusted. Just about every gamesack episode (retro game reviews) shows up as being about the Spiderman 2 videogame. They complain about it, too so it's not just them being funny.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Detective No. 27 posted:

These are tiny regular philips screws that can be used in Gameboys. I haven't taken apart a Switch, but Nintendo seemingly likes to use the the same parts. It's just easier to deal with these than tri-tip.
https://handheldlegend.com/collections/parts-and-tools/products/game-boy-replcement-screws

Here's a good tri-tip screwdriver.
https://handheldlegend.com/collecti...ant=35317249155

I don't have a good measure but I used a ruler and these screws were almost half a centimeter so I guess it was a 4mm screw in length? Sorry I don't have anything to compare it with as a regular dime was still way big for it. Also it's a low profile screw.

Also the screw is for an inside part of the joycon. it holds the main board with the buttons.

I am most likely considering just getting a giant set of screws for glasses on amazon and trying my luck but it feels like such a waste.

Also I was hoping Ebay would have sellers selling dead Joycons but also no luck.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of Youtube, I hope they announce Youtube and Netflix and Hulu but not Crunchyroll for the Switch.

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011
Everyone's talking about the games they want, but I just want there to be some funky grocery store music on the Eshop:dance::gbsmith::dance:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RZA Encryption posted:

Just about every gamesack episode (retro game reviews) shows up as being about the Spiderman 2 videogame.

I hope that game's on the Gamecube VC

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ageofbob posted:

Everyone's talking about the games they want, but I just want there to be some funky grocery store music on the Eshop:dance::gbsmith::dance:

My hope would be that they announce themes like the 3ds, but now they would also apply to the e-shop.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Breaking news regarding Waluigi and some potentially uncut content:

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/nintendo-confirms-waluigi-uncircumcised-reason/ posted:

Kyoto, Japan —

Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima divulged in an interview with Game Informer magazine yesterday that recurring character Waluigi is uncircumcised. The remarks were unrelated to the downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild he had been asked about.

“Waluigi still has his foreskin,” said Kimishima. “You won’t ever see it but it’s there. We do not know why he remains uncircumcised, however. It might be a religious thing, it might not. But, yes, Nintendo players can expect some exciting downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.”

Waluigi first appeared in the 2000 Nintendo 64 title Mario Tennis as an evil version of Luigi. Though at no point do you see any character’s genitals, Kimishima insisted that underneath Waluigi’s purple overalls you would find an uncircumcised penis.

Not everyone at Nintendo is confirming this new information.  “This was never brought up during Waluigi’s concept stage,” said Fumihide Aoki, Waluigi’s creator. “None of the characters really have any kind of back story… and if they did I don’t think their private parts would be something that we would ever bring up.”

Kimishima eventually revealed that with the new downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, players can experience over twenty hours of gameplay including new challenges, new enemies and new treasures like the Korok Mask.

“Also, remember Shy Guys?” he added. “None of them have any gag reflexes. So you could really go to town if you wanted.”

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

(It's a parody website like The Onion)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

japtor posted:

I saw in the PR there's a single joycon mode w/auto aim, have you tried that out? Curious if there's a manual aim somehow (like Smash TV on SNES using the ABXY buttons) and/or if the auto aim is ok enough for 4 players to just mindlessly blast away and grind through. Mostly looking for something like Gauntlet, worst case I figure Nine Parchments later this year will probably be the one to get.

While I do have the pro controller, I decided to leave it at home and co op with the single controllers. The auto aim can sometimes switch to another enemy all of a sudden, instead of the massive horde of robots running directly at you. But co op was still a blast that way, because when you were reloading or aiming at something else, your buddy could run in and either save you or aim somewhere else entirely.

I could see that system working for a bunch of other titles, but I may test the pro and double joycon setup later this week.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Infinitum posted:

(It's a parody website like The Onion)

No poo poo?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leaks leaks leaks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fakes fakes fakes 

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Drunk Tomato posted:

This is actually fuckin' funny

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPF86bJzebk

could be amiibo news

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

enojy posted:

This is actually fuckin' funny

The Hard Times is one of the few parody news sites that's actually consistently funny.

Also the Smash Bros tag was on the Nintendo Japan page for the Direct (and quickly removed) so now this isn't just YouTube autotags.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lookin forward to Rocket League launch date confirmation :slick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfmHurut3b4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just finished Mario x Rabbids.

Game is far far far far better than it has any right being for an Ubisoft game.
10/10 would BWAHHHH-COM again.

Now onto the challenge modes~

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Leaks leaks leaks

I kinda feel bad for the people who have the time to make this stuff but then I don't because it's just really :sad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't believe they'd make an Earthbound RPG...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Wish I did left joycon first as it was 10x easier than the right despite losing a loving screw. I also saw that there was bending on the plastic in a tiny spot that's barely noticeable, lucky it still all fit fine.

Overall would I recommend this? yes, if you're willing to risk having a potentially frustrating time. otherwise, wait for better sellers and manufacturers, also screw and replacement part kits should you break/lose something important and tiny, or just get a spare joycon.

E: OH! forgot to mention that they're also slightly thicker than normal joycon shells. they protrude from the switch controller a little.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't believe they'd make an Earthbound RPG...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Urban Champion when

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Eternal Champions when

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Infinitum posted:

I speculate Destiny 2 is confirmed for Switch seeing how that is a popular game that just came out

Don't toy with my feelings.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dizz posted:

Is there anywhere to even but replacement parts yet? I think I might want to replace a few of these if possible, but I have no idea where to buy tiny screws.

one of these should fit I think

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blast Corps 2 wh...*sobs uncontrollably*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But oh man the N64 Mini is gonna be a shitfest re:RARE licensing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t way to play another good game on this perfect console.

• Locked thread