Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

yeah here we go. it's tight. https://streamable.com/pjoyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he got back up straight away every time and was walking and moving on it ok for most of the fight and could still walk afterwards so i doubt its anything serious

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just really badly swollen. It'll probably ache on and off for a really long time though. Didn't Faber say he still feels his leg from the Aldo fight?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The way it became very immediate that it was extremely painful would make me think the leg broke, but I guess they'd have said it was a break by now?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even if it didn't go full Anderson Silva floppy, a broken leg getting kicked over and over again would be unbearable if it supporting your weight wasn't enough to make you give up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Southpaugh posted:

The way it became very immediate that it was extremely painful would make me think the leg broke, but I guess they'd have said it was a break by now?

Do you think it was a break or a fracture?

mewse
May 2, 2006

The doctor said I'm fine and the skin is just shiny because my limb is twice the size as usual.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I didn't watch the fight but I feel like if you get comprehensively out gameplanned by Jeremy Stephens then you may have even bigger problems than having a giant hot dog for a leg

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's just really badly swollen. It'll probably ache on and off for a really long time though. Didn't Faber say he still feels his leg from the Aldo fight?

Faber said his leg pain went away after awhile, but Aldo kneed him in the ribs and that pain stayed with him for like 5 years.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I didn't watch the fight but I feel like if you get comprehensively out gameplanned by Jeremy Stephens then you may have even bigger problems than having a giant hot dog for a leg

Rogan asked him in the post-fight if his gameplan was to kick the leg and he basically said "Gilbert is a great fighter but he's been fighting the same fight for 15 years"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

he got kicked just below the knee for 15 minutes and kept crumpling to the floor. when the ref told him he couldn't keep crumpling to the floor, the next time he got kicked he crumpled to the floor but did a backwards shoulder roll onto extremely unsteady feet causing stephens to literally compliment him right there in the cage before resuming the beating.

ah. i was confused because the name jeremy stephens does not call leg kicking to mind, nor gilbert being leg kicked, so thought it must've been an injury going into it or something weird but nope.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

Faber said his leg pain went away after awhile, but Aldo kneed him in the ribs and that pain stayed with him for like 5 years.

What kind of injury was it? I have had intercostal cartilage torn between ribs a few times and they are the most debilitating injuries I have. I've broken lots of poo poo but those just hurt forever

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yeah he's getting Rashad-level bad.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

mewse posted:

Rogan asked him in the post-fight if his gameplan was to kick the leg and he basically said "Gilbert is a great fighter but he's been fighting the same fight for 15 years"

Makes it extra sad how Pettis didn't get on that train.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Josuke Higashikata posted:

don't worry he was white too

Close..!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

I was just looking up the Winnipeg card

Looking at that card, I discovered that there is a fighter who uses the nickname "The Cuban Missile Crisis". Fingers crossed that he fights a guy nicknamed "The Suez Canal Crisis".

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I am Otis posted:

What kind of injury was it? I have had intercostal cartilage torn between ribs a few times and they are the most debilitating injuries I have. I've broken lots of poo poo but those just hurt forever

Not sure, he didn't give much more detail outside him getting hit there and feeling pain for a long time afterward.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

InfiniteZero posted:

Looking at that card, I discovered that there is a fighter who uses the nickname "The Cuban Missile Crisis". Fingers crossed that he fights a guy nicknamed "The Suez Canal Crisis".

that's the guy who punted a mans head

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mike perry has been reading about HAARP

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
https://gfycat.com/LongPossibleGrayreefshark

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ground and pound is actually really hard and very few people actually train it

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maybe the Olympian wrestler should put it on their list then.

I guess she's had more success choking people out but....euuuugh.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

A person sure as gently caress can walk on a break.

I was shocked his corner let him keep fighting. He was begging for a "catastrophic" failure in his leg.

I had a soccer buddy who once turned a break into a spiral fracture. Just seeing it could inspire vomit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

attackmole posted:

Maybe the Olympian wrestler should put it on their list then.

I guess she's had more success choking people out but....euuuugh.

Yeah considering she ended up losing that fight it was pretty glaring. She had full mount with a minute left in the round and failed to capitalise. She looked like someone who had seen a video of ground and pound and never actually trained it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
More people should observe Steroid Cheater and Coward "Jon Jones" on how to do proper ground and pound. That guy destroys you if he gets on top of you

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Zzulu posted:

More people should observe Steroid Cheater and Coward "Jon Jones" on how to do proper ground and pound. That guy destroys you if he gets on top of you

Poor Matt Hamill, he got wrecked and won.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Things I miss about Mark Munoz
- Watching him GnP
- His smile.

Things I don't miss about Mark Munoz
-Every other part of his fighting style

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CommonShore posted:

Do you think it was a break or a fracture?

Yes, I also read the GDT.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i liked yoel romero elbowing brunson in the torso over and over until the fight was stopped

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Joanna is fighting Rose in New York!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

[in woke yospos dialect]: its really interesting how attractive rose is even though her hair is so short though

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evobatman posted:

RIP Rose

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

evobatman posted:

This will be good as heck

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

vaginal facsimile posted:

[in woke yospos dialect]: its really interesting how attractive rose is even though her hair is so short though

*glances up from dusty tome* Did you know young boys played the female roles in Greek and Roman plays? I had a hard time believing this until I saw Ms Namajumas, who with a shaved head and fine features resembles a nubile male adolescent. Ingenious.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lmfao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

ground and pound is actually really hard and very few people actually train it

I don't think so Tim

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Novum posted:

This will be good as heck

What is her path to victory? I wouldn't give Rose any shot vs Claudia let alone the champ.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Rose should rightfully be a heavy underdog but she also has a "grappler's chance" if such a thing exists. She has an edge in the ground and also has flying and standing submission on her record (granted over much worse fighters than Joanna) so she potentially doesn't even need to get it to the ground to find a finish. With that said I don't think she's going to find an opportunity for a flying armbar or a takedown or whatever because she's going to be thoroughly picked apart at range.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pulling off a flying armbar against lesser competition doesn't make you a categorically good grappler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
The most interesting thing about Joanna Champion vs Rose Namajumas is that Rose's middle name is Gertrude. JJ will poo poo on her like every other contender thus far.

• Locked thread