Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
buying the dogs for home is actually better because then you can grill them and get that nice char going :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Out of curiosity what do the unwashed Sam's Folken look forward to?

No lines. Self checkout. Pamper brand diapers... I rock dual memberships

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

When I went to Costco today, you bet I was thinkin bout them dogs

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Went to the Richmond BC location today, parking was crazy bad. Didn't help that every other car was an extra large Mercedes suv parked so as to take up two spots

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RJWaters2 posted:

That box rules. Ours lasted 6 months.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You broke my heart

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

They're just trying to save you the extra calories. PBUC.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

Considering how the machine at my workplace works that is legit impressive.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Converted to the faith last week.

Wasn't going to buy anything (the cupboards are full) but ended up walking out with a pressure cooker, towels, salt beef brisket, and a 6 pack of malbec.

Need to find somewhere in my flat to hide a chest freezer, then return.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

That's actually a super standard thing to do everywhere

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I picked up the pre-made beef bulgogi for a second try at my Costco and it wasn't under-marinated this time.

PBUC

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gonna go to costco today to get some mouthwash, a few other things, and probably a hot dog because I didn't feel like running errands on sunday

religious people go to church, i go to the costco cafeteria

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

RJWaters2 posted:

Your dog looks like a crazed professor stretching out after a long day ofsolving the unsolvable. I love it

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

No lines. Self checkout. Pamper brand diapers... I rock dual memberships

:hf: I also rock the dual memberships because Sam's actually has a few things Costco doesn't that my family likes.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I have dual memberships because my friends keep reupping my card, instead of getting their own for some reason, then I just use the Sam's app for a card :cheers:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

C. Everett Koop posted:

The downside is that they're cleaning up the food stand and the past few times I've gone I haven't been able to get my 1/4lb all beef hot dog (I'm sure I could get the 20oz drink with free refill if I wanted but without the dog I don't). Yes I know I can just buy a pack and do it myself but I don't want that many and it's not the same and I don't want to.

Really? I've been going half hour before closing for years and years and I've never once seen them clean up early. Your Costco needs to get itself together.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

you could probably fit a dog in the middle there

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

Good lord that Korean BBQ jerky is good. PBUC.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

FCKGW posted:

you could probably fit a dog in the middle there

That's where the strawberries are supposed to go. Delicious!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Loveline posted:

Good lord that Korean BBQ jerky is good. PBUC.

Taima ❤ this post

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Horse Clocks posted:

Wasn't going to buy anything (the cupboards are full) but ended up walking out with a pressure cooker, towels, salt beef brisket, and a 6 pack of malbec.

That's how it ALWAYS happens.

Oh I need some chicken breast and toilet paper.

Receipt is $175.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Receipt is $175.

:same:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Receipt is $175.

Pretty much. Add in cat litter to the first two items and that's the start of every 'tco run for my and MY WIFE.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Horse Clocks posted:

Welcome, brother! :pray: :pray:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I am officially thinking about those dogs. I verified it with a public notary.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i looked into joining costco so i could get copious quantities of greek yogurt at a good price but they only minimally beat the grocery store in per ounce cost.

thats my costco story.

E: sams club does not exist in my state at all, and BJs doesn't seem to have any great yogurt deals either.

how do i eat 15lbs of greek yogurt a week cheaper, goons?

Worf fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 13, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Statutory Ape posted:

i looked into joining costco so i could get copious quantities of greek yogurt at a good price but they only minimally beat the grocery store in per ounce cost.

thats my costco story.

You slut, you rat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont even know where a sams club is located :D

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Chinatown posted:

i dont even know where a sams club is located :D

same and ngl i feel better for it.

we don't even really do walmarts all that much in this part of the state, i assume because the land is prohibitively expensive and also getting trucks in and out of the city for it constantly would require its on highway exit lol

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Statutory Ape posted:

how do i eat 15lbs of greek yogurt a week cheaper, goons?

Buy an Instant Pot and make it yourself. This Recipe is great and basic so you can add in whatever flavor you want. I prefer just using Vanilla Bean. You can also adjust the time and temp to make it more or less tart and stuff. She covers all that on the recipe page.

If you also make Fruit compote that she has a recipe for you can make these which are great for breakfast.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Trastion posted:

Buy an Instant Pot and make it yourself. This Recipe is great and basic so you can add in whatever flavor you want. I prefer just using Vanilla Bean. You can also adjust the time and temp to make it more or less tart and stuff. She covers all that on the recipe page.

If you also make Fruit compote that she has a recipe for you can make these which are great for breakfast.

thats a good suggestion probably but when we start adding in a time (my time) component it loses its value for me

also they talk about using whole milk and whatnot and i eat nonfat yogurt and literally 15-16 lbs a week of it.

its something to think about if i can make it scale well though

i also don't like it flavored right off the bat since i used it in a variety of meals. (with bran flakes or fruit or as a base for a dip, etc etc etc)

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Marinate your meats in a spiced Greek yogurt goo, liberally eat with more yogurt mixed with dill, cucumber and lemon :yum:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Statutory Ape posted:

thats a good suggestion probably but when we start adding in a time (my time) component it loses its value for me

also they talk about using whole milk and whatnot and i eat nonfat yogurt and literally 15-16 lbs a week of it.

its something to think about if i can make it scale well though

i also don't like it flavored right off the bat since i used it in a variety of meals. (with bran flakes or fruit or as a base for a dip, etc etc etc)

Time wise isn't much as most of the time the pressure cooker is doing it's thing. Really only takes 2 minutes to put in the milk and starter and then a couple minutes again when its done to put it in a strainer to make it Greek. It helps to stir during the initial heating part to speed things up but isn't a must.

I do believe she says you can use any milk. Her picture even shows Reduced Fat Milk. You "thickness" will depend on the fat of the milk so less fat means it won't be as thick and creamy.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Apparently at one point Costco sold bulk Vanilla Bean. Do they still? That would be worth a membership alone

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Apparently at one point Costco sold bulk Vanilla Bean. Do they still? That would be worth a membership alone

Never thought to look for those. How big of bulk though? When I buy them at Meijer it is $8 for 2 beans in a little cigar tube. I don't think I want to know what a jar of 1,000 would cost me.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

Never thought to look for those. How big of bulk though? When I buy them at Meijer it is $8 for 2 beans in a little cigar tube. I don't think I want to know what a jar of 1,000 would cost me.

Maybe it's like their Auto Program?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm pretty sure they still sell them (I remember seeing them somewhat recently) but vanilla in general is crazy, absurd expensive right now.

As in, the bottle of vanilla extract that used to be $6 once upon a time is now $30. Some kind of worldwide shortage but I forget specifics. Anyways my point is that you probably don't want to buy vanilla beans right now unless you REALLY want to buy vanilla beans right now.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The old prices online say they were $12.99 for 10 beans. That's madness if they are still that cheap or even $20 for 10

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

On that Thursday grind my Costco dudes

Every person in this store has some kettle corn, I got to joke with the person in front, back, side, and cashier at the same time. Tri tip tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

That kettle corn is loving good, specifically because they use a nice light coating of sugar, and it's perfectly distributed across each piece.

By the way, speaking of K-Cups in your cart, I don't use them but I saw today that the starbucks French Roast K Cups are on clearance and sale at the same time.

Costco sized thing of K Cups for $24. Really, really good deal.