Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

That feel when you click on a thread called stealth games and inatead of shadow tactics, mgs, mark of the ninja, tenchu etc ppl are talking about pbug and h1z1
Truly sad!

basically it was agreed upon that the best stealth game ever is thief and all discussion after just became non canon white noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

basically it was agreed upon that the best stealth game ever is thief and all discussion after just became non canon white noise

oh yeah i forgot about thief 1 and 2. haven't played those in a coons age as we trump voters/uncuckolded anti-sjws say

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

That feel when you click on a thread called stealth games and inatead of shadow tactics, mgs, mark of the ninja, tenchu etc ppl are talking about pbug and h1z1
Truly sad!

:( Well, you're always welcome to draw attention away from PUBG! (Which I think I will now pee-bug instead of pub-gee as per your typo, as that sounds much better/more easy to remember!) I only brought it up, because I like playing games similar to PUBG stealthily, rather than running-and-gunning like a lot of players seem to.

Also, I agree about Thief ttjo, although I prefer Deadly Shadows (or whatever it was called) over the earlier ones, myself. I think I'm in the minority on that, though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

:( Well, you're always welcome to draw attention away from PUBG! (Which I think I will now pee-bug instead of pub-gee as per your typo, as that sounds much better/more easy to remember!) I only brought it up, because I like playing games similar to PUBG stealthily, rather than running-and-gunning like a lot of players seem to.

Also, I agree about Thief ttjo, although I prefer Deadly Shadows (or whatever it was called) over the earlier ones, myself. I think I'm in the minority on that, though.

youre insane

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i only know mgs personally. i tried the ps4 hitman but ... well, its not for me.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Truly sad!

shadow tactics looks bad rear end. definitely going to pick it up eventually

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
really proud of myself for getting this in shadow tactics

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I got the chicken-killing one entirely by accident. I wanted to set a trap for a guard and run away, but then running away made the chickens panic and welp...

I've been on a stealth binge for the past few months. I started by playing NEON STRUCT and then decided that I missed stealth games, so I played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Hitman Absolution, Hitman No Subtitle, MGS V, Sniper Elite 3 & 4, Aragami, and now I'm on Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun.

Aragami was neat. A bit buggy, but the way you used shadow powers was interesting. Like Dishonored, there was a power that could eliminate a bunch of enemies at once, but you had to draw guards to it and there still was an element of risk.

Styx 2 was really fun, although Styx is too talky and not quite as clever as the devs think he is. But the gameplay is great and the maps were really cool. Fortunately they didn't do the same thing as the last game where the second half of the maps were the same as the first half, just with a different starting point.

MGS V was my first MGS and it was ok, but I wasn't really seeing what the hype was about. Being able to fulton things was cool and the assortment of gadgets and companions made it fun, but I don't know...I think the open world kind of got boring pretty quick and there were only two maps. I wasn't crazy about the final boss being so combat-oriented too. I realize that boss fights are kind of an MGS thing, but it just seems to me that bosses in a stealth game should have a way to beat them that's stealth-oriented.

Anyways, up next are Invisible Inc, Death to Spies, and Republique. I also have Calvino Noir, but I don't plan on loading up on mobile-type stealth sidescrollers. I realized that I also have a game called "Velvet Assassin," but I've heard that it's pretty bad.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Am I imagining things or do the characters on the main screen of Blades of the Shogun get more and more bloody as the game goes on?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Seventh Arrow posted:

I got the chicken-killing one entirely by accident. I wanted to set a trap for a guard and run away, but then running away made the chickens panic and welp...

I've been on a stealth binge for the past few months. I started by playing NEON STRUCT and then decided that I missed stealth games, so I played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Hitman Absolution, Hitman No Subtitle, MGS V, Sniper Elite 3 & 4, Aragami, and now I'm on Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun.

Aragami was neat. A bit buggy, but the way you used shadow powers was interesting. Like Dishonored, there was a power that could eliminate a bunch of enemies at once, but you had to draw guards to it and there still was an element of risk.

Styx 2 was really fun, although Styx is too talky and not quite as clever as the devs think he is. But the gameplay is great and the maps were really cool. Fortunately they didn't do the same thing as the last game where the second half of the maps were the same as the first half, just with a different starting point.

MGS V was my first MGS and it was ok, but I wasn't really seeing what the hype was about. Being able to fulton things was cool and the assortment of gadgets and companions made it fun, but I don't know...I think the open world kind of got boring pretty quick and there were only two maps. I wasn't crazy about the final boss being so combat-oriented too. I realize that boss fights are kind of an MGS thing, but it just seems to me that bosses in a stealth game should have a way to beat them that's stealth-oriented.

Anyways, up next are Invisible Inc, Death to Spies, and Republique. I also have Calvino Noir, but I don't plan on loading up on mobile-type stealth sidescrollers. I realized that I also have a game called "Velvet Assassin," but I've heard that it's pretty bad.

Oh word?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seventh Arrow posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Seventh Arrow posted:

I appreciate your passion for stealth gaming, but... have you played MGS1-4 yet?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The....final boss of MGSV?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I appreciate your passion for stealth gaming, but... have you played MGS1-4 yet?

Unless they've been ported to PC, I don't have a way to play them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The....final boss of MGSV?

Uh I guess sahlenthrowhatever is near the end of the game anyway

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yeah, definitely play MGS3, Seventh Arrow. Although it has a few boss fights that are (more-or-less) un-stealthable, it's the best game in the series.

Seventh Arrow posted:

Anyways, up next are Invisible Inc, Death to Spies, and Republique.

Also, let me know how these go, if/when you wind up finishing them! I've been curious about buying/playing all three of these, so I wouldn't mind hearing opinions on them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss of MGSV is psychological

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Seventh Arrow posted:

Unless they've been ported to PC, I don't have a way to play them.

use an emulator

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Major Isoor posted:

Also, let me know how these go, if/when you wind up finishing them! I've been curious about buying/playing all three of these, so I wouldn't mind hearing opinions on them.

I'm still halfway through Blades of the Shogun so it might take me a while, but definitely. I've heard that Death to Spies is just low budget Hitman, though.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

we're still fighting him

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Hated being forced outta my stealth groove on mgsV boss fights

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

IdealFlaws posted:

Hated being forced outta my stealth groove on mgsV boss fights

true Boss knows how to flip mode at any moment

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Also the final boss of MGS.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The final boss of MGSV is global nuclear disarmament and nobody's beaten it yet. Koima is a genius!!! gently caress you!!!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The final bots of mgsv is Cheat Engine

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

true Boss knows how to flip mode at any moment

gahhh!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The final boss of MGSV is global nuclear disarmament and nobody's beaten it yet. Koima is a genius!!! gently caress you!!!!

Oh yeah. Weren't consoles incredibly close

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh yeah. Weren't consoles incredibly close

I think the 360 got close because about six people were playing on it but the counter didn't actually work properly so it never got anywhere. I think it's been patched recently along with them adding the ability to play as Ocelot out of nowhere, who the gently caress knows what's going on at Konami lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think the 360 got close because about six people were playing on it but the counter didn't actually work properly so it never got anywhere. I think it's been patched recently along with them adding the ability to play as Ocelot out of nowhere, who the gently caress knows what's going on at Konami lol

Not Konami, for certain

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Where was Ocelot during Metal Gear and Metal Gear II anyway?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Where was Ocelot during Metal Gear and Metal Gear II anyway?

Most likely working on triple crossing entire organizations to confuse the patriots and achieve The Bosses dream? What do you think?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

he was sucking me off, in the toilet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

Most likely working on triple crossing entire organizations to confuse the patriots and achieve The Bosses dream? What do you think?

I think he was Dirty Duck's lover and spent MGII in mourning.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mgs2hd is on the uh... nvidia shield now. if you have that, for some reason.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think he was Dirty Duck's lover and spent MGII in mourning.

Bad Postman

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremely steampunk posted:

shadow tactics looks bad rear end. definitely going to pick it up eventually

i beat it, v ery good game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
play metal gear solid games in release order

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zas posted:

mgs2hd is on the uh... nvidia shield now. if you have that, for some reason.

The shield is a Switch prototype so I'm hoping for a Switch HD collection soon

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Just finished Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, really great game. I loved how challenging some of the scenarios were. It was pretty easy to rely on Yuki's distract-and-trap, though.

Next up: Death of the Outsider. Has anyone tried it? I've heard it's more stealth-oriented than vanilla Dishonored 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Seventh Arrow posted:

Next up: Death of the Outsider. Has anyone tried it? I've heard it's more stealth-oriented than vanilla Dishonored 2.

Oh, I didn't realize DotO has already come out! Let me know how it goes; I haven't heard anything about it, although if what you say about it being more stealth-oriented is true, I might need to get it sooner rather than later. Sounds good!