Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hemingway To Go! posted:

How are DIN 880 and DIN 863 supposed to even work

Lol, quoting this in case you try to edit it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
886 could sell.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I've put together some furniture where I would've appreciated 911.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ultrafilter posted:

I've put together some furniture where I would've appreciated 911.

If you have to call 911 while assembling furniture, you're probably too incompetent to hold a wrench.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Was gonna post that every time that chart is posted someone thinks it's real- seems that I've been beaten however.

This doohickey though:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Was gonna post that every time that chart is posted someone thinks it's real- seems that I've been beaten however.

This doohickey though:

I mean, these exist:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like the variations on "for pretense of screwing". I imagine a lot of people feel that their mechanic has installed a few of these and just twiddles on them before charging $100 for the effort.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I mean, these exist:

Several of those are just exaggerated versions of screws that exist, like the self-drilling-self-tapping screw. Cabinet handles sometimes come with screws that have that almost exact kind of perforation in order to break off at a usable length. Also DIN 905 is just a stud (albeit with a hex in the middle that's not usually there.)

Also the first half of that appears to be copied almost directly from this page in some catalogue.

Garrand has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Sep 10, 2017

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I mean, these exist:

I'm more :gizz: about the ratcheting feature

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, why put it in a wrench if you can put it in the fasteners and use any wrench??

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The best part of that graph was the couple first ones where I went "huh that looks pretty neat" before suddenly realizing that there is no way they would work.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

An interactive map where you can drag a country around and it resizes to what its size should be at that latitude, compensating for the distortion of the projection.

Also, Australia is really big.

https://thetruesize.com/

Why on earth is Despacito so popular? It's the most generic pop ever, except in Spanish. Hm, maybe that's the secret?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats not ghana, i think

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

thats not ghana, i think

It says right on the map, that's Austria

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

it's "eg...Ghana", can't you read?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Are they using "pretense" as in "it's just for show"? Like, the screws aren't supposed to do anything?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Are they using "pretense" as in "it's just for show"? Like, the screws aren't supposed to do anything?

Yep. It's just the screw head with a magnet to look like there's a screw.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

none of them loving work, that's the joke aaaaahhhhhhh

902 works

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
893 is a cartoon version of an explosive bolt

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
As long as you put them clean through something and put a nut on the other end I think many of them will work.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hyperlynx posted:

it's "eg...Ghana", can't you read?

Do you know what "eg" means? It clears after you type something and has "eg... Ghana" to remind you how words work.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jurgan posted:

Do you know what "eg" means? It clears after you type something and has "eg... Ghana" to remind you how words work.

But the screenshot clearly shows Australia.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Hm I think we're getting close to cracking the case

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's the beauty of it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Besesoth posted:

But the name "Australia" would make no sense now that it's in the northern hemisphere, so clearly it was assigned the new name Ghana to fix that.

Now, fortunately this is only a what-if map. Imagine if they actually plopped the whole continent down on top of Europe like that. They'd have to redo all the stamps and money and stuff to say Ghana.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Powered Descent posted:

But the name "Australia" would make no sense now that it's in the northern hemisphere, so clearly it was assigned the new name Ghana to fix that.

Now, fortunately this is only a what-if map. Imagine if they actually plopped the whole continent down on top of Europe like that. They'd have to redo all the stamps and money and stuff to say Ghana.

What would be where Australia was? A giant rend in the earth belching magma and smoke?

I guess we could replace it with America if we flipped it upside down.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Besesoth posted:

I can't tell if I'm being trolled. If not, try clicking the link and typing something in. Then maybe you'll understand.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jurgan posted:

I can't tell if I'm being trolled. If not, try clicking the link and typing something in. Then maybe you'll understand.

i still don't get it, please explain to me in simpler words

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, it's "eastern greater Ghana". loving obviously.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Somebody is gettin pretty rowdy about a jpeg

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Senor Dog posted:

Somebody is gettin pretty rowdy about a jpeg

how insensitive! my grandfather was killed by a jpeg! he fell out of a guard tower

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jurgan posted:

:psyduck:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I have some friends from eg...Ghana who would be loving livid at the ignorance on display here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As someone living next to ie...Estonia, I agree.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I live in the centre of etc.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

An interactive map where you can drag a country around and it resizes to what its size should be at that latitude, compensating for the distortion of the projection.

Also, Australia is really big.

https://thetruesize.com/

Why on earth is Despacito so popular? It's the most generic pop ever, except in Spanish. Hm, maybe that's the secret?

This is giving me Eurovision flashbacks.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Equally weird is that the site treats overseas territories of France (like French Guiana and Mayotte) as being part of France, but does not treat overseas territories of the US (like Guam and American Samoa) as being part of the US.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Tobermory posted:

Equally weird is that the site treats overseas territories of France (like French Guiana and Mayotte) as being part of France, but does not treat overseas territories of the US (like Guam and American Samoa) as being part of the US.

no that's pretty standard

mayotte is a department, guam ain't a state

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Tree Goat posted:

no that's pretty standard

mayotte is a department, guam ain't a state

Neat. I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tobermory posted:

Yeah that's how the actual countries treat them too. France is kind of weird among colonial nations in that they consider all their overseas territory to be legally equivalent to the mainland. So French Guiana is actually technically part of Europe (and the people living there are European citizens) even through it's physically located in South America. Other countries generally give some kind of special status to overseas territories - the UK has a whole mess of special legal statuses for the colonies they still haven't given up, and the US considers places like Guam and Puerto Rico as "territories" rather than "states" (which has been a point of contention in Puerto Rico especially, since territories don't get any congressional representation yet the Puerto Rican population is larger than several full fledged states).