Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKX2tE5Luk

I seriously cannot wait for this, it's going to be loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Junior Jr. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKX2tE5Luk

I seriously cannot wait for this, it's going to be loving great.

I saw the preview when we went to go see It and I felt like a loving dumbass trying to explain what The Room was and why I was so excited.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:frogout:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I love revisionist history that takes what was likely a very pathetic and miserable amateur film shoot and turns it into a feel good movie about a Manic Pixie Dream European.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

That guy is way too short to be Mark

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm gonna see this poo poo in the theater, maybe shave my beard halfway through

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hey did you get that joke where he doesn't know how filming works? Like he misses his eyeline or tries to writhe on the ground after shooting himself? I bet we've got 30 more of these waiting in the wings, with a fresh improved Seth Rogan quip for every single one that we're gonna cut out because Franco doesn't wanna be upstraged.

Oh did you see when Franco does a memorable moment from the Room? Cause we're gonna shove at least 3 into the trailer.

Golly gee loving whiz it's great to see "Ed Wood" for millennials.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Blood Meridian, My Own Private Idaho, The Room.. what great piece of art will James Franco poo poo on next

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
i hate hollywood

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i cant wait to see it

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Thank you honey this is a beautiful party. You invited all of my friends.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I'm so happy I have you as my best friend.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

mind the walrus posted:

I love revisionist history that takes what was likely a very pathetic and miserable amateur film shoot and turns it into a feel good movie about a Manic Pixie Dream European.

The book is actually kind of boring and sad, but I can see punching up a few of the more pathetic parts to be funny, like seen in the trailer.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Anyway how is your sex life?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

#gbshateswomenjoy

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
looks like some tryhard poo poo like that north korea movie\

edit: YOU STAY AWAY FROM BLOOD MERIDIAN FRANCO!!!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Oh hi Mark,

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

imo unless the movie treats the following theory as fact it's a missed opportunity

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Percelus posted:

imo unless the movie treats the following theory as fact it's a missed opportunity

-unexplained wealth
-vague backstory
-vaguely European, possibly of the eastern variety
-hasn't aged a day in thirty years, but has looked like a worn out leather shoe that entire time?
-tenuous grasp on human behavior and motivations

Dudes a fucken vampire

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Both Tommy and Greg are at the screening I attended last night and said that most of the scenes, right down to the set decoration, was "scarily accurate"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
At least Tommy is taking it in stride? I guess?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The book made Tommy kind of...very unlikable. Like at times I had no idea why Greg put up with him for so long except for just being a really nice dude.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

like a cigarette should posted:

The book made Tommy kind of...very unlikable. Like at times I had no idea why Greg put up with him for so long except for just being a really nice dude.

he bought him a car, gave him a stupid amount of money, and rented him an apartment for like, $200 a month.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
yeah but he drinks hot water at restaurants

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This looks good but I wish Seth Rogan wasn't in it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It makes him look like a tragic figure. A tragic rear end in a top hat at times, but still. Plus all the monetary benefits and starring in a big Hollywood movie, no Mickey Mouse stuff!

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip
Wait the belly button ISNT where it goes?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Lol, Franco couldn't even keep up that accent for the duration of the trailer.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The part about Tommy's bathroom with the giant poster of the 101 Dalmations cracks me up

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I swear to god if this movie DOESN'T have Tommy riding in a vampire car, I will be VERY DISAPPOINTED! :colbert:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

yeah but he drinks hot water at restaurants

he really is hosed up

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Haha TheRoom was so bad it was funny! This tribute movie is gonna rock and imma see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Tricky D posted:

Lol, Franco couldn't even keep up that accent for the duration of the trailer.

apparently Tommy's real voice is slightly different than the accent he redubbed the entire movie with for some reason?

• Locked thread