Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Us Chelsea fans have agreed to switch to "He scores with precision, he hates Zionism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

"just referring"

Chelsea fans know exactly what they're singing (as do any fans that sing about Spurs using that word).

I had a feeling I was giving them too much credit.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Us Chelsea fans have agreed to switch to "He scores with precision, he hates Zionism"

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
4 games 4 loses 0 goals

lmao more like frank de poer

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

PirateBob posted:

"A Chelsea spokesman said: 'The club and the players appreciate the fans passionate support away from home, of course, but the language in that song is not acceptable at all.

'I've spoken to Alvaro about it. Alvaro does not want to be connected with that particular song in any way and both the player and club request the supporters stop singing it with immediate effect.'"

It went something like "Morata came from Real Madrid, he loving hates the yids"

Probably just referring to Spurs supporters who call themselves yid army, but still...

Are Chelsea supporters aware their club is owned by a Russian Jew?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
They're all loving rent boys, mate.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
so does morata actually hate jews or not

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

qsvui posted:

Not as much as he loves taking their money.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

qsvui posted:

Let's see. Spanish. Born in Madrid.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Xabi posted:

They're all loving rent boys, mate.

Who's 'they'?

mackintosh posted:

Let's see. Spanish. Born in Madrid.

Wow, stereotype much? Just because his parents and grandparents instantly kowtowed to fascism doesn't means that's the way he rolls :colbert:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
https://vine.co/v/Oh3l6A39den

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Strawman posted:

Wow, stereotype much? Just because his parents and grandparents instantly kowtowed to fascism doesn't means that's the way he rolls :colbert:

Actually, it's his great great great great great great great great great grandparents that I'm worried about.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

mackintosh posted:

Actually, it's his great great great great great great great great great grandparents that I'm worried about.

I didn't expect that.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

AJ_Impy posted:

I didn't expect that.

Neither did the Jews.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This dude looks like hes 12 and sounds like A Gallagher

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

mackintosh posted:

Are Chelsea supporters aware their club is owned by a Russian Jew?

No

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Well he's ethnically Lithuanian to be fair.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
when boro hired steve mclaren in 2001 he lost his first 4 games in charge and scored 1 goal, we finished 12th and with a fa cup semi final.

palace are a scum club

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This dude looks like hes 12 and sounds like A Gallagher

Ah yes, famous scousers, the Gallagher brothers.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Benjamin Mendy is extremely good all he does is talk poo poo and fire in low crosses

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/optajoe/status/907612767170977793

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Welp. Mane's ban has been upheld,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41232863

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

burnley and two Leicester fixtures. Could have been worse

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

In his first spell at Stoke he went like half a season with every game ending in a binary scoreline. No matter how bad it got in his second spell here it was never quite as awful to watch as that season. Pulis loves his 1's and 0's.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

RideTheSpiral posted:

Particularly as we've got CL weeks, so they can just play him 90 minutes in Europe

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Took some balls to appeal that. Should have been given some extra matches for frivolous appeal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sassassin posted:

Took some balls to appeal that. Should have been given some extra matches for frivolous appeal.

Seriously. How the gently caress was anything about that up to debate? What was even their appeal?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He deserved the red. It wasn't intentional and I doubt he could have avoided the hit after realizing Ederson was so far loving out, but he was reckless with his boot and it was it what it is. Shouldn't hurt too much.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
clearly you all don't appreciate the value of the liu kang special kick in today's game

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

RideTheSpiral posted:

Yeah not the worst fixtures in the world to miss, we'd probably be rotating those games anyway.

Der Shovel posted:

Seriously. How the gently caress was anything about that up to debate? What was even their appeal?

sassassin posted:

Not really. There were three similar incidents over the weekend that only saw yellow cards (or nothing at all). They weren't appealing the red card (deserved), but in light of the other incidents it was worth asking the question of reducing the ban length. Can't complain that it was upheld but it certainly wasn't frivolous.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

So Liverpool should be punished for having balls? Glad to see the SJWs are revealing themselves. :rolleyes:

Der Shovel posted:

Probably something about it not being intentional because Mane didn't see how close Ederson was before going for the ball or something like that.

I think it was a red, but I can see why Liverpool would try to appeal to get the ban down to one match instead of 3, which I believe was the intent of the appeal.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 12, 2017

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Brony Car posted:

Probably something about it not being intentional because Mane didn't see how close Ederson was before going for the ball or something like that.

I think it was a red, but I can see why Liverpool would try to appeal to get the ban down to one match instead of 3, which I believe was the intent of the appeal.

You don't get bans reduced because you didn't mean it, come on.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

You don't get bans reduced because you didn't mean it, come on.

I'm just repeating what I've read.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If anything the similar yellows should become reds

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brony Car posted:

Yeah but surely that isn't grounds for appeal? The referee made his call, it wasn't a case of mistaken identity or something like that.

EvilHawk posted:

Not really. There were three similar incidents over the weekend that only saw yellow cards (or nothing at all).

Of someone putting his studs into the keeper's face at full speed and jumping height, breaking the keeper's jaw? I seriously doubt poo poo like that wouldn't get anything at all, or even a yellow, but then again PL refereeing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Alfie Mawson getting kicked in the face probably should have been a red too but he's a good honest lad who didn't go down and looked the same before as after.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If you appeal a ban for anything other than mistaken identity or blatantly bad refereeing, you're being a big crybaby bitch.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah but surely that isn't grounds for appeal? The referee made his call, it wasn't a case of mistaken identity or something like that.

Of someone putting his studs into the keeper's face at full speed and jumping height, breaking the keeper's jaw? I seriously doubt poo poo like that wouldn't get anything at all, or even a yellow, but then again PL refereeing.

Sorry for doing something every other team would do I guess :shrug:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Der Shovel posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

When have refs ever been consistent about anything though?

• Locked thread